It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 01:00

Text Size

Coping with missing artworks in "Core" releases...

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Coping with missing artworks in "Core" releases...

Postby jacque » 14 Jun 2013, 02:30

I have been making decks lately and the card database is very essential. therefore I try to go and grab as many cores as possible out there only to be disappointed that most of the cards offered in those cores are without artworks.

How or rather what do you do when you come across a situation like this?

Thanks,
Jac
Learn making your own cards today!!!

Click on Image if a post/reply helped you.

I stitch old cards together to make new ones...

~ Jacque, the confused
jacque

Re: Coping with missing artworks in "Core" releases...

Postby BloodReyvyn » 14 Jun 2013, 03:26

Well, if I can't google for a decent picture, I will usually settle for one of the images from this site : http://blog.mtgbr.com/imagens/card-game ... #tabs-1-11

You will have to crop just the artwork part, then save it as a .PNG file. The proper filename that the card will call for will be in the card's XML code and will look like this:

Code: Select all
  <ARTID value="PROPER FILE NAME FOR ART WILL BE HERE" />
For most cards the ARTID will be either the same as the Multiverse ID or it will be an "A" + Multiverse ID. However, if you are making an alternate art version of teh card, you will need to change the Filename, MultiverseID, and ARTID to something not already used as the game will use the first version it finds and discard any others that try to load (at least I am 99% sure this is how it wors, as I have had other mods' art replace mine when having conflicting ArtIDs).

Next, take that PNG image and drag and drop it onto the "Gibbed.Duels.TdxConvert" application in gibbed tools, which will give you the TDX file (the art file used by the game). The PNG can then be deleted if you wish.

Move the TDX art file to the directory in the wad named ".../ART_ASSETS/ILLUSTRATIONS/" or just put it in your deck wad's directory (you can just make the directory yourself if it's not already there).

re-pack the wad with Gibbed Tools and move it to the game directory and there ya go.
"There's an experience worse than blindness - it's the certainty that your vision is perfect and the horror that there's no world around you to see."
BloodReyvyn

Re: Coping with missing artworks in "Core" releases...

Postby BloodReyvyn » 14 Jun 2013, 03:33

If you don't want to use a fancy art program and just want to use Paint, you can use this little gem I found when making Skyrim Mods to convert large numbers of BMP images at once: http://x2y.sourceforge.net/features.html

To answer your actual question, I will usually provide the art in my deck wad that is using the card just so that if I update the other mods, the art remains intact in my own mod. I had to do this with Animar, Soul of Elements in my Elementary Elementals deck.
"There's an experience worse than blindness - it's the certainty that your vision is perfect and the horror that there's no world around you to see."
BloodReyvyn

Return to 2013