It is currently 22 May 2024, 10:55

Text Size

Elves of Deep Shadow Coding Problem

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Elves of Deep Shadow Coding Problem

Postby Ereshkigal » 04 Aug 2013, 18:30

Hello!
I'm learning to code cards for DotP 2013 but i'm having problems with this card: Elves of Deep Shadow.

Code: Select all
    <MANA_ABILITY filter_zone="ZONE_IN_PLAY">
         <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[{T}: Add {B} to your mana pool. Elves of Deep Shadow deals 1 damage to you.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[{T}: Add {B} to your mana pool. Elves of Deep Shadow deals 1 damage to you.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[{T}: Add {B} to your mana pool. Elves of Deep Shadow deals 1 damage to you.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[{T}: Add {B} to your mana pool. Elves of Deep Shadow deals 1 damage to you.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[{T}: Aggiungi {B} alla tua riserva di mana. Gli Elfi Oscuri ti infliggono 1 danno.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[{T}: Add {B} to your mana pool. Elves of Deep Shadow deals 1 damage to you.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[{T}: Add {B} to your mana pool. Elves of Deep Shadow deals 1 damage to you.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[{T}: Add {B} to your mana pool. Elves of Deep Shadow deals 1 damage to you.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
                  <COST type="TapSelf" />
        <COST type="Life" points "1" />
        <PRODUCES amount="{B}" />
    </MANA_ABILITY>
</CARD_V2>
When i use it ingame, it produces a swamp but i dont lose life. Why?
Can someone help me?
(my english is not good, sorry...)
Ereshkigal

Re: Elves of Deep Shadow Coding Problem

Postby RiiakShiNal » 04 Aug 2013, 18:34

That is because the DotP engine does not have support for costs in MANA_ABILITY blocks other than <COST type="TapSelf" />. While you can add other costs or code to MANA_ABILITY blocks the game will ignore them. So the only way to properly make Elves of Deep Shadow is to use Mana Tokens, there are a few modders who made mana tokens for DotP 2013 so if you get one of their mods that should give you the framework you need to write it as an ACTIVATED_ABILITY using their functions.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Return to 2013