It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 17:34

Text Size

[REL] Riiak Shi Nal's DotP 2013 DLC - v1.5

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: [REL] Riiak Shi Nal's DotP 2013 DLC - v1.2.2

Postby Takhen » 07 Mar 2013, 17:46

I read on this topic that you wanted to share also the 2012's decks, and also saw 2012's screens, but I can's see them
I could think that you haven't already but in my downloads it seems I have: those are made from you?

Then I also found the Data_DLC_8192_AppId_Linking in loookaz mods, you both uses the same?
Takhen

Postby RiiakShiNal » 07 Mar 2013, 23:10

I did not make any of the DotP 2012 decks. I believe the ones that you have were probably made by kevlahnota.

The reason you see it in both of our mods is because I created it then lookaz modified it for use with his mod. It's just a simple wad containing an APPID_LINKING.TXT file so it doesn't really matter who uses it or if it is even present. That wad contains no cards, no decks, no images, no text entries, and no functions, it is just to help with unlocking cards.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Takhen » 07 Mar 2013, 23:39

Thank you :)
Takhen

Postby Takhen » 09 Apr 2013, 15:14

Hoping it could be useful I would make you notice that I discoveder a glow visual bug :)
Takhen

Postby RiiakShiNal » 09 Apr 2013, 15:51

I will look into adjusting and compressing the images I used, expect it to take me a while though as I haven't had that much time to devote to DotP lately. Hopefully I will have them compressed before the end of this coming weekend.

Update: I can't get Eglin's compression tool to work (even with uncompressed TDX images of size 512x376) and I don't have Paint.NET and the TDX plugin (and no desire to install yet another image editing program). As such it is going to take me a while longer than expected (not to mention I spent a lot of time doing my taxes).

To do it I'm going to need to get the source code to run in my dev environment to see why it's crashing and how I can get it to work. Once I get the tool working then the work of compressing the images should go fairly quickly.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby teferionice » 20 May 2013, 01:28

Hi, I've downloaded all the tools, and I can see the decks in the list. However they're all unlocked. When I run the file to unlock those, as mentioned somewhere. It gets an error message saying that I need to install your DLC before running it? I mean, I have it installed I think. Some decks have 15 locked cards, some have 36. :?
teferionice

Postby Master Necro » 20 May 2013, 05:39

RiiakShiNal wrote:I will look into adjusting and compressing the images I used, expect it to take me a while though as I haven't had that much time to devote to DotP lately. Hopefully I will have them compressed before the end of this coming weekend.

Update: I can't get Eglin's compression tool to work (even with uncompressed TDX images of size 512x376) and I don't have Paint.NET and the TDX plugin (and no desire to install yet another image editing program). As such it is going to take me a while longer than expected (not to mention I spent a lot of time doing my taxes).

To do it I'm going to need to get the source code to run in my dev environment to see why it's crashing and how I can get it to work. Once I get the tool working then the work of compressing the images should go fairly quickly.
You can send me the list of images you need and I will provide you with working TDX.
Master Necro

Postby diablo2S » 20 May 2013, 09:07

First of all, congratulations for your mod. I'm playing around with it and I love the decks.

I'm getting a bit confused however. I'm using the steam version of the game ( with the DLC, the extra decks and everything unlocked with the deck keys - 'cause I'm lazy ;) ). I put your decks in the main folder of the game, with the other decks, and with the dll file.

I also put the Data_DLC_8192_AppId_Linking_v1.2.7z thing to make the game unlock the cards.

However, when I unlock some cards from one of your decks and I reboot the game, the cards are still locked.

So, my question is, does the AppId linking file you provided work for steam? Or maybe I just misunderstood and the file doesn't help unlock the cards?

diablo2S

Postby RiiakShiNal » 21 May 2013, 03:02

teferionice wrote:Hi, I've downloaded all the tools, and I can see the decks in the list. However they're all unlocked. When I run the file to unlock those, as mentioned somewhere. It gets an error message saying that I need to install your DLC before running it?
I don't know of any program that says my mod needs to be installed, so I don't quite understand this part.

teferionice wrote:I mean, I have it installed I think. Some decks have 15 locked cards, some have 36. :?
The amount of unlocks in DotP 2010 were variable and I have translated that to the conversions in DotP 2013.

Some decks like Edge of Madness only have 15 unlocks (excluding Promos) and others like Eyes of Shadow have 26 (excluding Promos) and there are those that are in between like Eons of Evil (18), Ears of the Elves (24). So that sounds correct.

Master Necro wrote:You can send me the list of images you need and I will provide you with working TDX.
I have gotten Eglin's tool working, though I'm having issues with some of the images (like tokens and Eldrazi). I have gotten the tool to work partially with some of the Eldrazi, but only partially as once they are compressed they can either be decoded by Gibbed Tools TdxConvert or they work in game though not both. I don't know why yet.

I'm also getting very close to releasing something else which has been eating some of my time lately as well. As to what I'll be releasing soon you'll just have to wait and see (it really should not be long as it's about 98% complete with only easy stuff remaining).

diablo2S wrote:First of all, congratulations for your mod. I'm playing around with it and I love the decks.

I'm getting a bit confused however. I'm using the steam version of the game ( with the DLC, the extra decks and everything unlocked with the deck keys - 'cause I'm lazy ;) ). I put your decks in the main folder of the game, with the other decks, and with the dll file.

I also put the Data_DLC_8192_AppId_Linking_v1.2.7z thing to make the game unlock the cards.

However, when I unlock some cards from one of your decks and I reboot the game, the cards are still locked.

So, my question is, does the AppId linking file you provided work for steam? Or maybe I just misunderstood and the file doesn't help unlock the cards?

My AppId Linking wad was designed for the Theta version of the game with unique AppIds. As such it does not work for Steam without modification. I have attached a version that should work with the Steam version (only difference between this one and one on the first post is that all AppIds have been changed to 97330).
Attachments
Data_DLC_8192_AppId_Linking_Steam.zip
(1.15 KiB) Downloaded 318 times
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Master Necro » 21 May 2013, 05:27

RiiakShiNal wrote:I have gotten Eglin's tool working, though I'm having issues with some of the images (like tokens and Eldrazi). I have gotten the tool to work partially with some of the Eldrazi, but only partially as once they are compressed they can either be decoded by Gibbed Tools TdxConvert or they work in game though not both. I don't know why yet.

I'm also getting very close to releasing something else which has been eating some of my time lately as well. As to what I'll be releasing soon you'll just have to wait and see (it really should not be long as it's about 98% complete with only easy stuff remaining).
I am using Photoshop CS5 and Gibbed tools never had problems with Tokens or anything, so if you need any TDX files just send me a list. ;)
Master Necro

Postby teferionice » 21 May 2013, 05:38

Hi sorry about the lack of details. I have your DLC installed. I can see and play the decks, but the cards are still locked. I've already gotten the gibbed tools and unpacked the following:

Data_DLC_8192_Core_v1.2.2.7z
Data_DLC_8192_DotP2010Decks_v1.2.7z
Data_DLC_8192_AppId_Linking_v1.2.7z

However the cards that get unlocked remain locked when I restart the game. (isn't the steam version, I believe its skidrow). Apparently I read somewhere that you need to run the Riiak Shi Nal compatability Patcher else the cards remain locked because they have less than 40 unlockable cards (perhaps I misread?). When I run that (patcher), it says that I need to install Riiak Shi Nal DOTP 2013 DLC. I find it weird.

But anyways, the decks are there. Just the unlockables are perpetually locked. And... the WAD editor now crashes. Btw, I like the composition of your decks. Relatively balanced and not overpowered. Lots of decks modded by other are down right OP and boring :) Too bad I can't play yours
teferionice

Postby diablo2S » 21 May 2013, 10:21

RiiakShiNal wrote:My AppId Linking wad was designed for the Theta version of the game with unique AppIds. As such it does not work for Steam without modification. I have attached a version that should work with the Steam version (only difference between this one and one on the first post is that all AppIds have been changed to 97330).
Thank you. I thought it was more complicated than then.

One question: is it just me or it is not possible to save the mod decks? I try to add and remove cards but, when I reboot the game, nothing is saved.
diablo2S

Postby RiiakShiNal » 21 May 2013, 13:51

Master Necro wrote:I am using Photoshop CS5 and Gibbed tools never had problems with Tokens or anything, so if you need any TDX files just send me a list. ;)
I don't have any problems with Photoshop CS5 and Gibbed tools either, but Gibbed tools doesn't COMPRESS the images which can cause an intense glow on the cards for some users. Compressing the images fixes the glow problem, but only works flawlessly on images of specific sizes of which Tokens and Eldrazi need different sizes due the different image ratios needed.

Also after looking at my token images and the token images used by the game I saw that my images needed further modification to keep from being overly stretched.

teferionice wrote:Hi sorry about the lack of details. I have your DLC installed. I can see and play the decks, but the cards are still locked. I've already gotten the gibbed tools and unpacked the following:

Data_DLC_8192_Core_v1.2.2.7z
Data_DLC_8192_DotP2010Decks_v1.2.7z
Data_DLC_8192_AppId_Linking_v1.2.7z

However the cards that get unlocked remain locked when I restart the game. (isn't the steam version, I believe its skidrow). Apparently I read somewhere that you need to run the Riiak Shi Nal compatability Patcher else the cards remain locked because they have less than 40 unlockable cards (perhaps I misread?). When I run that (patcher), it says that I need to install Riiak Shi Nal DOTP 2013 DLC. I find it weird.

But anyways, the decks are there. Just the unlockables are perpetually locked. And... the WAD editor now crashes. Btw, I like the composition of your decks. Relatively balanced and not overpowered. Lots of decks modded by other are down right OP and boring :) Too bad I can't play yours
The "compatibility patcher" was made for an OLD version (v0.2) of my mod that still contained the APPID_LINKING.TXT file as part of the core wad (and all it did was remove that one file from the wad). It did not change the number of unlocks at all. The reason it is saying you have to have my mod installed is because it can't find the version it is looking for (v0.2). Updated versions do not need the patcher.

I have attached a version of the AppId Linking wad for the Skidrow version (much like the Steam version except all AppIds changed to 0 instead of 97330).

diablo2S wrote:One question: is it just me or it is not possible to save the mod decks? I try to add and remove cards but, when I reboot the game, nothing is saved.
The steam version of the game only saves up to a maximum of 21 deck configurations (cracked versions only save up to 18) and there are 21 official decks. So in most cases it only saves the deck configurations of the official decks and the configurations of all other decks are lost upon exiting the game. This makes it seem like the decks "reset" every time you open the game. There is no known work-around at this time nor is there any known way to force the game save certain decks instead of others.
Attachments
Data_DLC_8192_AppId_Linking_Skidrow.zip
(1.13 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby thefiremind » 21 May 2013, 14:07

RiiakShiNal wrote:I don't have any problems with Photoshop CS5 and Gibbed tools either, but Gibbed tools doesn't COMPRESS the images which can cause an intense glow on the cards for some users. Compressing the images fixes the glow problem, but only works flawlessly on images of specific sizes of which Tokens and Eldrazi need different sizes due the different image ratios needed.

Also after looking at my token images and the token images used by the game I saw that my images needed further modification to keep from being overly stretched.
In order to work in the game after compression, TDX files need to have height and width multiples of 4. If you copy the size from the official TDX files you can't really go wrong.
When I need to make a token I always make a copy of an official token illustration and start from there, this way I also get to know the minimum size of the "real" picture (that is, without counting the blank space that hides under the frame) that allows it to fill the transparent frame space completely.
About the Eldrazi, DotP2012 used 712x1024 pictures, so if you have a very high-quality image you can use this size and lose less detail.

RiiakShiNal wrote:I'm also getting very close to releasing something else which has been eating some of my time lately as well. As to what I'll be releasing soon you'll just have to wait and see (it really should not be long as it's about 98% complete with only easy stuff remaining).
You made me really curious there... :shock: :lol:
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 21 May 2013, 19:38

thefiremind wrote:In order to work in the game after compression, TDX files need to have height and width multiples of 4. If you copy the size from the official TDX files you can't really go wrong.
Actually I was working with sizes in multiples of 4 and even then they don't always work. I'm trying to avoid resizing the original images I have too much to try and avoid artifacts.

Edit 2013-05-22: I've managed to get the game to recognize images using most images (only if they have both dimensions in multiples of 4) now that I'm using a modified version of Gibbed Tools instead of Eglin's tool.

thefiremind wrote:About the Eldrazi, DotP2012 used 712x1024 pictures, so if you have a very high-quality image you can use this size and lose less detail.
That is nice to know, I did not know what size images DotP 2012 used.

thefiremind wrote:You made me really curious there... :shock: :lol:
Well, it won't be much longer, I'm now about 99% done. Once I finish there are still tests to run (mostly beta tests as most of the alpha tests are done), but barring anything major I should be releasing either Friday (2013-05-24) or Saturday (2013-05-25).

teferionice wrote:And... the WAD editor now crashes.
[/quote]Oh, I forgot to respond to this. Here I assume you are talking about WadEdit, which has a bug in it that causes the program to crash if it encounters a card XML with no underscore, "_", in it. Thus when processing my mod it crashes on RESURRECTION.XML, it has no Multiverse Id in the filename (thus no underscore) because I can't find a Multiverse Id associated with that picture for Resurrection (the pic is the one used in DotP 2010).
Last edited by RiiakShiNal on 22 May 2013, 23:49, edited 1 time in total.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to 2013