It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 11:30

Text Size

[REL] Riiak Shi Nal's DotP 2013 DLC - v1.5

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

[REL] Riiak Shi Nal's DotP 2013 DLC - v1.5

Postby RiiakShiNal » 08 Jul 2012, 16:52

My DLC for DotP 2013 currently contains all 17 of the original DotP 2010 (and official expansions) playable decks with unlocks. Additionally I have included Edge of Madness (an AI only deck which was the last opponent in the final campaign) as playable and other cards that were challenge only like Patriarch's Bidding, Abyssal Persecutor, and Selective Memory to name a few. So all cards from DotP 2010 should now be available for modders to build decks with.

Included Decks: | Open
  • Claws of Vengeance
  • Cries of Rage
  • Ears of the Elves
  • Edge of Madness
  • Eons of Evil
  • Eyes of Shadow
  • Hands of Flame
  • Heart of Worlds
  • Heat of Battle
  • Master of Shadows
  • Mind of Void
  • Relics of Doom
  • Root of the Firemind
  • Scales of Fury
  • Teeth of the Predator
  • Thoughts of Wind
  • Weapons of the Warrior
  • Wings of Light

Included Cards: | Open

I have separated things out as follows:
  • Data_DLC_8192.wad - Core file with all cards, graphics, functions, etc....
  • Individual Deck wads - These contain the Deck xml, Land Pool for that deck, Unlocks, and deck graphics (including preview cards). This makes it easy to take out a deck that you don't like, don't use, or just don't want.
  • Data_DLC_8192_AppId_Linking.wad - This is now obsolete, if you need an APPID_LINKING file for your game then you should generate a new one with my DotP 2013 Deck Builder as that will give you one that is customized to your version of the game and will include all decks you have installed with Regular Unlocks.

Notes:
  • DotP2010 Decks version 1.4 is the smallest it has ever been due to all the images now being compressed so don't let the smaller file size fool you it has everything from before (well, the images have also been regenerated so they will be somewhat different). Otherwise this version is identical to v1.3 so there is no actual need to re-download unless you want the smaller size and updated card preview/deck box art images.
  • Core version 1.3 is smaller than version 1.2 despite there being more included cards, this is due to compressing the uncompressed card images that were still in the mod (I still need to compress the AI Personality images, and all of the deck and card preview images).
  • From version 1.2 onward the title of this topic will reflect the Core version, and the downloads will be versioned individually. This will allow for smaller download sizes when I only update 1 of the downloads. Decks will generally be put into deck packs (example: "DotP 2010 Decks") so that not all decks need to be downloaded together, but at the same time there aren't 19+ downloads just to get the decks. The AppId_Linking download will generally be updated only when I add a deck (not every time someone else's mod is updated).
  • I do use some of the cards from the locked Ravnica decks (which thefiremind posted here) like Civic Wayfinder. So if you don't already have these (locked or not) I recommend you go ahead and download them.
  • Will these decks hold their own against the new DotP 2013 decks? In most cases no, but you can still win the odd game or two with them.
  • For some cards I used versions from a set with little to no localized text and in those cases I have just replicated the English text for the languages I did not have text for. Anyone who wants to help fill the gaps by translating some of the text to languages they know are welcome to do so and I will incorporate their translations into the DLC (crediting them of course).
  • Resurrection, The Rack, and Wheel of Fortune use the graphics from DotP 2010, but these graphics do not match up with any of the versions on Gatherer so I have not included a multiverse id for those cards.
  • Tokens also do not have multiverse ids because I could not locate them on gatherer, if someone knows the proper ids for these then I have no problem adding them (and crediting you).
  • There are cards included in my mod that were not in DotP 2010 because I used these cards either for my own purposes or to learn certain things about DotP 2013 and I will continue to add cards to this list.
  • There are a couple of deck unlocking bugs I noticed while making this DLC:
    • If a deck is not within the 21 decks (18 for cracked versions) stored in your profile (you have no control over which decks are saved in the profile) by the game then cards will not remain unlocked between runs unless you use the "Unlock Full Deck" button to unlock them.
    • If a deck is not within the 21 decks (18 for cracked versions) stored in your profile (you have no control over which decks are saved in the profile) by the game then any customizations (adding/removing unlockable/deck cards) to that deck will not be stored between runs.

Current Version Downloads:
Data_DLC_8192_Core_v1.5.7z
Data_DLC_8192_DotP2010Decks_v1.4.7z

Installation:
Just unzip the the wads into the DotP 2013 program directory.

Important: Do NOT leave the 7z file in the DotP 2013 program directory after extracting it as that will cause the game to crash before you even get to the first movie. After extraction either delete the 7z file or move it to a different directory (if you want to keep it for backup purposes or the like).

Known Bugs: | Open
  • Patriarch's Bidding - The AI will only be able to make partial use of this card due to how creature type selection is done, but for real player's it is fully implemented.
  • Spectral Procession - Does not show casting cost of {2/W}{2/W}{2/W}, but does work.

Update History: | Open

I did test all the cards, but I did not test every possible combination of cards (because it's basically impossible) so if you notice a bug, something I didn't catch, or you just want to comment on something please feel free to do so.
Last edited by RiiakShiNal on 17 Jun 2013, 16:09, edited 16 times in total.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Re: [REL] Riiak Shi Nal's DotP 2013 DLC

Postby sadlyblue » 08 Jul 2012, 20:37

Thanks
I'll test/play them.
sadlyblue

Postby Zambooo » 09 Jul 2012, 09:51

First: THANKS!
Then I'd like to signal that (at least in my game) aren't displaied the titles and the preview cards of your decks
Zambooo

Postby tarutaru » 09 Jul 2012, 10:40

Thank you!!! Brings back all the fun from the very first modding experience :)
tarutaru

Postby RiiakShiNal » 09 Jul 2012, 11:15

Zambooo wrote:First: THANKS!
Then I'd like to signal that (at least in my game) aren't displaied the titles and the preview cards of your decks
I assume since it works on my game that you are using the game in a language other than English. I've only done Deck Titles and Preview cards for English at the moment (only language I truly know), though for the deck names I should be able to add the names for French, Spanish, German, and Italian as those are the languages present in DotP 2010. For the preview images, once I've finished doing the localization of the card text I should also be able to capture the appropriate image and convert it for the preview (for most of the languages).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Zambooo » 09 Jul 2012, 15:02

In fact I'm playing it in Italian :D
Zambooo

Postby thefiremind » 09 Jul 2012, 15:15

If you need to retrieve translations for your custom cards without losing time with multiple copy-paste, my "Localised" tool has been updated with the 3 new DotP2013 languages:
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=6926
(Please read the notes before using it, and be conscious that it's not error-proof :wink:)
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby st69 » 09 Jul 2012, 22:31

I'm new to all this modding even to mtg but it's getting interesting since I have some programming exp .. and I'd like to know how do you make the cards look shiny/foil?? .. maybe it's something too obvious but I can't seem to find it
st69

Postby thefiremind » 09 Jul 2012, 23:25

st69 wrote:I'm new to all this modding even to mtg but it's getting interesting since I have some programming exp .. and I'd like to know how do you make the cards look shiny/foil?? .. maybe it's something too obvious but I can't seem to find it
I'm not sure about it, but since they add "#" after the card name in the promotional unlocks to make them foil and give them the falling star expansion symbol and watermark, there's a high chance that if you just want to make them foil, you have to use the other symbol that I see in the deck list: "@". There's also a number after the "@" but I don't know what it means.
Example: the first 3 cards of Ajani's deck:
Code: Select all
  <CARD name="SERRA_ASCENDANT_276975@2" deckOrderId="0" />
  <CARD name="AJANIS_PRIDEMATE_277082@3" deckOrderId="1" />
  <CARD name="AJANIS_PRIDEMATE_277082@3" deckOrderId="2" />
Those "@2" and "@3" probably make them foil. But as I said, I'm not sure.

By the way, I know that modding gets interesting, and that's the reason why you don't need to write the same identical post in 2 different topics: I always look at all the new posts, so I'll reach your post as soon as I read the forums, no matter where you write it. :wink:
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby st69 » 10 Jul 2012, 00:16

thefiremind wrote:I'm not sure about it, but since they add "#" after the card name in the promotional unlocks to make them foil and give them the falling star expansion symbol and watermark, there's a high chance that if you just want to make them foil, you have to use the other symbol that I see in the deck list: "@". There's also a number after the "@" but I don't know what it means.

By the way, I know that modding gets interesting, and that's the reason why you don't need to write the same identical post in 2 different topics: I always look at all the new posts, so I'll reach your post as soon as I read the forums, no matter where you write it. :wink:
I don't think that's it since on your dlc charge of boros there are several foil cards (lighting helix, figure of destiny, sunforger, boros guildmage) among others .. but the decklist doesn't use those symbols .. also on Riiak's dlc all his decks have foils (trusty machete, kor duelist, martial coup) and doesn't use those symbols either .. another thing is that charge of boros is the only deck with foils and cards fully unlocked from your dlc .. so I'm kind of confused #-o

Btw sorry for double posting the same thing
st69

Postby RiiakShiNal » 10 Jul 2012, 00:31

st69 wrote:
thefiremind wrote:I'm not sure about it, but since they add "#" after the card name in the promotional unlocks to make them foil and give them the falling star expansion symbol and watermark, there's a high chance that if you just want to make them foil, you have to use the other symbol that I see in the deck list: "@". There's also a number after the "@" but I don't know what it means.

I don't think that's it since on your dlc charge of boros there are several foil cards (lighting helix, figure of destiny, sunforger, boros guildmage) among others .. but the decklist doesn't use those symbols .. also on Riiak's dlc all his decks have foils (trusty machete, kor duelist, martial coup) and doesn't use those symbols either .. another thing is that charge of boros is the only deck with foils and cards fully unlocked from your dlc .. so I'm kind of confused #-o

Btw sorry for double posting the same thing
The game will automatically make cards with a certain rarity or higher foil when you click the premium foil deck button (I believe it does this for uncommon and better, though it could be rare or better). The rarity is defined in the card xml with the rarity tag:
   <RARITY metaname="C" />
In the metaname the various rarities are: C = Common, U = Uncommon, R = Rare, M = Mythic Rare.

For AI opponents the computer will randomly change some of the proper rarity cards (Uncommon/Rare or better) into foils to entice the player to "buy" the premium foil upgrades for their decks. As for the deck codes I don't know about the # symbol, but the @ symbol seems to be used for biased shuffling with the 2 after representing at what difficulty it stops being biased (2 = mid-range difficulty, 3 = highest difficulty). That way cards that can have a profound effect on the game are typically shuffled lower into the deck for computer players playing against us on the lower difficulties. I would imagine the @ symbol also increases the likelihood that particular card will be selected to make into a foil.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby yuriap » 10 Jul 2012, 01:43

I've played against Eons of Evil deck and find a bug: AI played Hidden Horror and discards a sorcery (Zombify) instead of a creature card.

Thank you for refresh DOTP "2010" decks for this new 2013 version. It would be cool if someone made the same with 2012.
yuriap

Postby kevlahnota » 10 Jul 2012, 03:25

yuriap wrote:I've played against Eons of Evil deck and find a bug: AI played Hidden Horror and discards a sorcery (Zombify) instead of a creature card.

Thank you for refresh DOTP "2010" decks for this new 2013 version. It would be cool if someone made the same with 2012.
Good Job!!! RiiakShiNal =D> =D> =D> =D>

anyway I'm converting 2012 core decks into 2013, and I'm about 40% and I'm still testing with the AI.

Revenge Ancient Depths vs Revenge Machinations in DOTP 2013 screen:

kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby st69 » 10 Jul 2012, 05:10

RiiakShiNal wrote:The game will automatically make cards with a certain rarity or higher foil when you click the premium foil deck button (I believe it does this for uncommon and better, though it could be rare or better). The rarity is defined in the card xml with the rarity tag:
   <RARITY metaname="C" />
In the metaname the various rarities are: C = Common, U = Uncommon, R = Rare, M = Mythic Rare.

For AI opponents the computer will randomly change some of the proper rarity cards (Uncommon/Rare or better) into foils to entice the player to "buy" the premium foil upgrades for their decks. As for the deck codes I don't know about the # symbol, but the @ symbol seems to be used for biased shuffling with the 2 after representing at what difficulty it stops being biased (2 = mid-range difficulty, 3 = highest difficulty). That way cards that can have a profound effect on the game are typically shuffled lower into the deck for computer players playing against us on the lower difficulties. I would imagine the @ symbol also increases the likelihood that particular card will be selected to make into a foil.
Well after some testing I found out that the "@" most likely is used for biased shuffling as Riiak stated earlier .. the "#" converts any card into a promo card as thefiremind mentioned before .. and I found out how to unlock all cards from the start of thefiremind's dlc .. you just need to create a folder named CONFIGS and inside a txt file named APPID_LINKING of each wad directory of the dlc for example on the ninja deck would be:

Deck_199902_ST\DATA_DECKS\DECK_199902_ST\DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS\CONFIGS\APPID_LINKING.TXT

in the text file just put something like this:
[]

Just repeat this process for each deck .. Uncommon, Rare, and Mythic cards of all decks should be foil and all cards should be unlocked (SKIDROW version) .. I hope that this is helpful to someone .. thanks thefiremind and Riiak's for your prompt replies, for you info, and especially for the great dlc :D
st69

Postby drleg3nd » 10 Jul 2012, 05:18

i downloaded file but file extension was .man not wad
drleg3nd

Next

Return to 2013