It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 06:39

Text Size

[REL] Riiak Shi Nal's DotP 2013 DLC - v1.5

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: [REL] Riiak Shi Nal's DotP 2013 DLC - v1.2.2

Postby kondziu124 » 27 Dec 2012, 09:10

Hi guys.Maybe I've missed something or what but I haven't noticed anything about unlocking all the decks,foils and other cards.
I might be writing in a wrong topic or something but I hope someone can help me with this.I'm using this mod,Thefiremind's mod and Kevlahnota's mod and I want all the cards and all the decks to be unlocked.I saw something like "unlock..." button but it doesn't work.
kondziu124

Postby RiiakShiNal » 27 Dec 2012, 14:58

That depends on what version of the game you are using and what mod(s) as different versions seem to require different tactics and different mods use different methods to try and get around some of the issues.

• Mods that use Promo cards (like thefiremind's mod v6 and later)
    • Simply enter the 10 promo unlock codes (should work on all versions) and the unlocks should always be available. Note that for promo cards you will most likely need to edit the deck down to 60 cards whenever you start up the game (unless you are lucky and the deck configuration is saved).
  • For mods that use APPID_LINKING.TXT (like this mod and thefiremind's mod v5 and earlier)
    • Skidrow Version
      • It has been reported that setting the unlock and premium foil ids in the APPID_LINKING.TXT file to 0 works to unlock and set foil for decks and unlocks.
    • Theta Version
      • Setting unlock and premium foil ids in the APPID_LINKING.TXT file to unique numbers for each deck allows for unlocking/foiling of individual decks using the buttons inside the deck manager (game must be restarted for changes to take effect).
      • Setting unlock and premium foil ids in the APPID_LINKING.TXT file to the same number (other than 0) allows for all decks to be unlocked foiled together. If you use 97330 for the unlock and premium foil ids then all decks should automatically be unlocked and foiled.
    • Steam Version (requires Rick's dll)
      • Setting unlock and premium foil ids in the APPID_LINKING.TXT file to 97330 should automatically unlock and foil all decks (as the AppId for the game is 97330), but if it doesn't work try setting the unlock and premium foil ids to 0.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby kondziu124 » 27 Dec 2012, 15:20

I'm using the Theta version with the newest versions of the mods I mentioned about.
It seems that I don't have an appid_linking.txt file which I can edit to have all the decks/foils unlocked - I don't know why :/ I've used some of those unloc codes and it worked but the rest of the cards or even whole decks are locked.
kondziu124

Postby RiiakShiNal » 28 Dec 2012, 02:24

kondziu124 wrote:I'm using the Theta version with the newest versions of the mods I mentioned about.
It seems that I don't have an appid_linking.txt file which I can edit to have all the decks/foils unlocked - I don't know why :/ I've used some of those unloc codes and it worked but the rest of the cards or even whole decks are locked.
I posted a response to this in the other thread which is a better place for this discussion since it is more general in nature and not limited to or targeted at my mod.

Unlocking all the cards,decks in DLC mods.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby NEMESiS » 06 Jan 2013, 14:37

So if read this correctly the game wont save my unlocks because it only chooses to save 18 decks at a time (by "its" choice)? :( I keep trying to keep these decks unlocked but not having any luck. They relock every time I restart the game so I have changed the "land" promo unlocks to other cards within the same decks to alleviate the inconvenience.
NEMESiS

Postby RiiakShiNal » 06 Jan 2013, 16:51

That is correct the game only saves deck configurations for 18 decks (though could be more now with the official expansion and deck packs).

That is why mod makers use APPID_LINKING.TXT so that they can keep unlocks unlocked between game runs (sounds redundant I know). Though different versions support different values for the unlock AppIds (I'm using Theta which supports damn near any value). If you are using Skidrow or Steam you may want to try using 97330 for the AppIds in APPID_LINKING.TXT (and make sure the APPID_LINKING.TXT file you are using isn't being overridden by another mod).

As for the "land" promo unlocks, I had originally not intended for those to be unlocked, but the promo unlock codes work for all decks not just the official decks so I will likely do something about those in the next version. Though I haven't yet decided whether I will simply move cards from the regular unlocks to the promo unlocks or add other cards that I think would fit in with the decks.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby NEMESiS » 07 Jan 2013, 16:23

RiiakShiNal wrote:That is correct the game only saves deck configurations for 18 decks (though could be more now with the official expansion and deck packs).

That is why mod makers use APPID_LINKING.TXT so that they can keep unlocks unlocked between game runs (sounds redundant I know). Though different versions support different values for the unlock AppIds (I'm using Theta which supports damn near any value). If you are using Skidrow or Steam you may want to try using 97330 for the AppIds in APPID_LINKING.TXT (and make sure the APPID_LINKING.TXT file you are using isn't being overridden by another mod).
I will take a look at the APPID_LiNKING.TXT since I use steam

As for the "land" promo unlocks, I had originally not intended for those to be unlocked, but the promo unlock codes work for all decks not just the official decks so I will likely do something about those in the next version. Though I haven't yet decided whether I will simply move cards from the regular unlocks to the promo unlocks or add other cards that I think would fit in with the decks.
First all, thank you for taking the time and effort to make these individual decks available for our enjoyment, they are wonderful. Having said that, after playing with a few of the decks my input on them is that compared to the standard decks in DotP 2013 there is a pretty big power gap between them with mosty with the 2013 decks being more powerful. I know you were going mostly for the old school flavor of the decks so I understand why they are like that. Some of its' also because I edited the AI decks to use my personal builds for each deck rather then the standard issued ones which are really badly put together (it gets boring playing against standard decks you know lol). So if you do plan to update the decks I would suggest adding several higher power cards for each deck to keep them in line with other decks. To Eons of Evil I personally ended cutting some cards and adding +2 damnation, +2 terminate, +3 Shadowmage infiltrator and +2 Xathrid Demon. Feels more fun now and I don't get clubbered by my own decks. lol Not sure if this is redundant or not but just food for thought!
NEMESiS

Postby RiiakShiNal » 07 Jan 2013, 17:04

NEMESiS wrote:First all, thank you for taking the time and effort to make these individual decks available for our enjoyment, they are wonderful. Having said that, after playing with a few of the decks my input on them is that compared to the standard decks in DotP 2013 there is a pretty big power gap between them with mosty with the 2013 decks being more powerful. I know you were going mostly for the old school flavor of the decks so I understand why they are like that. Some of its' also because I edited the AI decks to use my personal builds for each deck rather then the standard issued ones which are really badly put together (it gets boring playing against standard decks you know lol). So if you do plan to update the decks I would suggest adding several higher power cards for each deck to keep them in line with other decks. To Eons of Evil I personally ended cutting some cards and adding +2 damnation, +2 terminate, +3 Shadowmage infiltrator and +2 Xathrid Demon. Feels more fun now and I don't get clubbered by my own decks. lol Not sure if this is redundant or not but just food for thought!
It is definitely food for thought and for the DotP 2010 decks, yes, they are generally underpowered in comparison to the DotP 2013 decks. Though since they are conversions from DotP 2010, I won't be changing their basic composition, though for the Promo unlocks I might add some cards that can up their power some. I have been working on some new decks that are more powerful (in general) than the original DotP 2010 decks, but they still need more work. My elf deck in particular needs some work because it still crashes the game due to too many tokens (I'm still looking for the actual token limit).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby beserke121 » 18 Jan 2013, 22:09

thx! sorry i'm new to mtg duels so i've had some problems, which i guess some people have had. so i can't seem to unlock all the cards in your decks. before i got your mod, i had entered the promo codes so 10 cards of each of your mod decks are unlocked. but the unlock all cards function doesn't seem to work when i use it, exit, and reopen. any simple advice (idk how to use wad editor)? for some reason kevlahnota's decks were unlocked by the unlock all cards button.

has there been any news about increasing the the number of saved decks to more than 18? because none of the mod decks in which i remove or add cards ever save that way.

lastly, since i don't know how to use the wad editor (i mean i tried, unpacked a wad, but there were no explicit directions on how to change or unlock a deck on the site i got the editor from; i'm guessing everyone already know how to do it from mtg 2012), could you help me unlock and make playable the nico bloas deck? Or maybe just upload a playable version of it as a wad? it would be greatly appreciated.
beserke121

Postby thefiremind » 18 Jan 2013, 22:19

If you want to learn the basics about how to edit a deck (without using additional software, just Gibbed Tools and a text editor of your choice), follow the last link on my signature.
About making Nicol Bolas playable, you have to unpack its WAD file (0011 is the regular one, can't remember which one contains the revenge deck), go to the DECKS folder, open DECK_NICOL_BOLAS.XML and substitute never_available="true" with always_available="true". You should figure out how to do it after taking a look at my tutorial. :wink:
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 20 Jan 2013, 02:12

beserke121 wrote:thx! sorry i'm new to mtg duels so i've had some problems, which i guess some people have had. so i can't seem to unlock all the cards in your decks. before i got your mod, i had entered the promo codes so 10 cards of each of your mod decks are unlocked. but the unlock all cards function doesn't seem to work when i use it, exit, and reopen. any simple advice (idk how to use wad editor)? for some reason kevlahnota's decks were unlocked by the unlock all cards button.
The unlock all cards button only functions properly when there is a proper APPID_LINKING.TXT file for the decks to unlock. I have provided one in Data_DLC_8192_AppId_Linking.wad, though now it is out of date and does not cover all mods.

Also it should be noted that kevlahnota's mod also contains an APPID_LINKING.TXT file and that can conflict with newer more up to date files.

There is information on how to create an APPID_LINKING.TXT file in the same thread that thefiremind directed you to.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby beserke121 » 20 Jan 2013, 09:09

Hi, so I started trying to use the wad editor. I'm getting a bit stuck. So I had one by one unlocked all the cards in my mana mastery deck by playing against a encounter over and over. It was always saved but for some reason I opened up the game today and it said 0/30 unlocked. So I played some more, unlocking 15/30 cards, saved the deck multiple times, and exited, only to find that when I reopened it, it once against became 0/30 unlocked. I tried editing the wad and changing the deck xml, entering all the unlockable cards. When I loaded it, all the unlockable cards were there but the lands were screwy (no picture representative on the left, just gray boxes). And it said the deck was 60 cards although obviously after I inputed the unlockable cards there had to be more than 60 cards. I thought this might have something to do with how the number of lands increases with every 1 or 2 cards added to the deck, and idk how to tell the land xml to do that. Any thoughts if my hunch may be right or ideas on how to get my working mana mastery deck back?
beserke121

Postby beserke121 » 20 Jan 2013, 09:20

Also, it seems like I just for some reason lost all my campaign progress and all the campaign decks are locked. Ahhhhhh.
beserke121

Postby thefiremind » 20 Jan 2013, 09:26

beserke121 wrote:It was always saved but for some reason I opened up the game today and it said 0/30 unlocked.
The game always saves deck editing and unlocks as long as you keep it opened... the problems about saving come when you close it.

beserke121 wrote:I tried editing the wad and changing the deck xml, entering all the unlockable cards. When I loaded it, all the unlockable cards were there but the lands were screwy (no picture representative on the left, just gray boxes). And it said the deck was 60 cards although obviously after I inputed the unlockable cards there had to be more than 60 cards. I thought this might have something to do with how the number of lands increases with every 1 or 2 cards added to the deck, and idk how to tell the land xml to do that. Any thoughts if my hunch may be right or ideas on how to get my working mana mastery deck back?
Lands are added until the deck has 60 cards, but if you have more than 60 cards overall, what the game decides to do isn't totally clear to me. But if you became comfortable with the wad editor, you can just edit the deck to fit your needs (building it as you would do inside the game), instead of adding all the unlocks blindly. I know that having to customize the deck outside the game is not the best, but that's the only 100% sure solution.

beserke121 wrote:Also, it seems like I just for some reason lost all my campaign progress and all the campaign decks are locked. Ahhhhhh.
This is strange unless you deleted your profile or somehow invalidated it. You should make a backup of your profile everytime you are in a good situation (things are unlocked) and you are about to attempt an edit, just to be sure.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 21 Jan 2013, 14:03

beserke121 wrote:Hi, so I started trying to use the wad editor. I'm getting a bit stuck. So I had one by one unlocked all the cards in my mana mastery deck by playing against a encounter over and over. It was always saved but for some reason I opened up the game today and it said 0/30 unlocked. So I played some more, unlocking 15/30 cards, saved the deck multiple times, and exited, only to find that when I reopened it, it once against became 0/30 unlocked. I tried editing the wad and changing the deck xml, entering all the unlockable cards. When I loaded it, all the unlockable cards were there but the lands were screwy (no picture representative on the left, just gray boxes). And it said the deck was 60 cards although obviously after I inputed the unlockable cards there had to be more than 60 cards. I thought this might have something to do with how the number of lands increases with every 1 or 2 cards added to the deck, and idk how to tell the land xml to do that. Any thoughts if my hunch may be right or ideas on how to get my working mana mastery deck back?
I don't use wad editor so I can't help you there, also this thread is not about any wad editors it is about my mod. If you want help with wad editor then try that thread.

Mana Mastery is not one of my decks so there is not much I can help you with though it sounds as if it is not being saved to the profile so you will have to unlock it in some other way such as using AppId Linking.

As thefiremind said for the base deck the game adds land until it reaches 60 cards, if you edited the base deck to have 60 or more (non-land) cards in it then it will have no land.

beserke121 wrote:Also, it seems like I just for some reason lost all my campaign progress and all the campaign decks are locked. Ahhhhhh.
Again this has nothing to do with my mod so there is really nothing I can help you with here. The only campaign problems I have heard about are with the official expansion and kevlahnota's WayBack 2012 campaigns as they conflict with each other.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to 2013