It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 11:10

Text Size

DOTP2013 Mod Compatibility List & Unlock all Cards & Avatars

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

DOTP2013 Mod Compatibility List & Unlock all Cards & Avatars

Postby maginater5000 » 16 Jul 2012, 20:52

This is a list of which mods are compatible to each other, tested by me.
First of all i didn´t test all mods, that are existing, for now.

Mod Compatibility
| Open
Thefiremind's DotP2013 DLC v4 http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=7388
+
DotP 2013 - Slivers! http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=7441&start=15
=
Compatible

Thefiremind's DotP2013 DLC v4 http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=7388
+
DotP 2013 - Slivers! http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=7441&start=15
+
Riiak Shi Nal's DotP 2013 DLC - v0.2 http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=7452
=
Incompatible
Because of: Riiaks Mod overrides the APPID_LINKING.txt, so only the decks from his mod can have unlocked cards.

+
+
Riiak Shi Nal's DotP 2013 DLC - v0.2 http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=7452
+
Riiak Compatibily Patch (made by me) http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/83164602/file.html
=
Compatible

Unlock Mod
| Open
This unlock mod is made by me.
It is compatible with all mods that i listed here.
It will unlock all cards (if they aren't unlocked already) from the core decks + custom decks (listed here).
It will also unlock all avatars.
I tested it only with the skidrow verion, please tell me if it work with theta release, too.

Just copy the Deck_4000_Core.WAD into your Magic main directory and delete your savegame.

Download link:
http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/66443421/file.html

If you find any bugs please post it in this topic.
Last edited by maginater5000 on 30 Jun 2013, 13:22, edited 2 times in total.
maginater5000

Re: DOTP2013 Mod Compatibility List & Unlock all Cards & Ava

Postby RiiakShiNal » 16 Jul 2012, 23:03

Actually, to be fair the Slivers mod is compatible with any other mod because it has no unlocks and therefore does not need to override the APPID_LINKING.txt file. Additionally if you look at thefiremind's mod to effect his unlocks he also overrides the APPID_LINKING.txt (look at Deck_199901_ST.wad, Deck_1999_Unlocks1.wad, and Deck_1999_Unlocks2.wad). The way you, yourself made the mods compatible is to strip out the APPID_LINKING.txt in my mod and created your own APPID_LINKING.txt which overrides the default.

So in conclusion the only way for unlocks to work (at the moment) is to override the APPID_LINKING.txt file, because we don't know of any other way to get them to work. My mod is not the only one which is incompatible, any mod that has unlocks is basically incompatible with any other mod that has unlocks until someone makes a combined APPID_LINKING.txt for all the necessary mods. Though I will take this information to heart and starting with my next version move the APPID_LINKING.txt to a separate wad so that no patching of mine will be necessary.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby sadlyblue » 17 Jul 2012, 08:50

RiiakShiNal wrote:any mod that has unlocks is basically incompatible with any other mod that has unlocks until someone makes a combined APPID_LINKING.txt for all the necessary mods.
I was trying to get everyone together in one workplace/repository to share their cards, decks,... But no one showed interest. That would help with this, and other compatibility issues.
Still i'm thankfull for everyone sharing the dlc here. But it did disencouraged me to code (and with less time now i don't think i'll even start).
sadlyblue

Postby thefiremind » 17 Jul 2012, 09:45

sadlyblue wrote:But it did disencouraged me to code (and with less time now i don't think i'll even start).
This seems to me like "you don't act as I want, I won't give you my contribution"... it's sad to see. :(

It's not like we aren't joining forces: even by keeping our card pools separated, by sharing them we share the ideas, too. The only problem we have is about the unlocks... a problem we couldn't know without starting to make our mods, since DotP2012 allowed APPID_LINKING files working in parallel. And the problem actually has a very easy solution: we just have to avoid keeping the APPID_LINKING in the same WAD file as the mod itself, and make a separate WAD with an APPID_LINKING that manages all the decks of all the mods. As you can see from this topic, maginater5000 already started to work towards this idea. So, I think you can live with our decision. If you don't have time to mod, it's understandable, but don't give up just because we decided not to join our card pools.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 17 Jul 2012, 14:15

sadlyblue wrote:I was trying to get everyone together in one workplace/repository to share their cards, decks,... But no one showed interest. That would help with this, and other compatibility issues.
Still i'm thankfull for everyone sharing the dlc here. But it did disencouraged me to code (and with less time now i don't think i'll even start).
For people building cards it doesn't really matter whether there is a repository or not as they are shared quite nicely between mods usually without conflicts (unless someone happens to build the exact same card as someone else with the exact same name). Even in the case of conflicts if both cards are built properly then it doesn't really matter which one gets used and which doesn't. When it comes to decks it would only really matter if there are unlocks and even with the case of unlocks there would still likely be issues because even if the APPID_LINKING.txt is used from a repository in any particular DLC (regardless of whether there is a repository or not people will create their own downloads as that is human nature) you would probably still have issues with one version of the file overriding another (possibly an older version overriding a newer version) so you would still end up with unlock problems. So the issue with unlocks should not dissuade you from modding (modding is too fun not to do it), but it should just mean that we all need to be more careful when it comes to unlocks.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby maginater5000 » 18 Jul 2012, 18:25

Exact, but the appid_linking is not the only that could be overwritten by more than one mod. for example firemind and riiak overwrite both the CREATURE_TYPES.TXT.
i didnt check for now if that causes errors. but it could be.
but as riiak said: modding is too fun not to do it :-D
because of that i created this topic and i will update it every time when i see that an mod is updated.

so we all have an overview about which mods we can use together ;-)
maginater5000

Postby thefiremind » 02 Aug 2012, 12:48

I'm working on a "universal unlocker", too, now that I know some more information thanks to RiiakShiNal's findings.

Some important points about it:
  • A "universal" APPID_LINKING should include codes for all the decks, both official and custom. Any deck that's not listed will have problems with the unlocks.
  • It would be very helpful if all the modders create their own APPID_LINKING in a separate WAD file. This way, when someone wants to use many mods at once, he can just delete the mod's APPID_LINKING WAD and use the "universal" one.
  • A discover by RiiakShiNal: the deck manager always lists 10 less locked cards if we don't include 10 promo unlocks in our custom decks. It doesn't matter if they won't be unlocked by anyone, you can just make the "_PROMO_1.XML" file with 10 copies of any card: this is enough to fix the bug.
  • RiiakShiNal also wrote:
    RiiakShiNal wrote:If a deck has 23 or fewer unlockable cards (24 for Skidrow version) it will not remember how you customized your deck between program runs
    but I made some tests with my custom decks and, no matter how many unlockables I add, my choices for the deck remain unsaved after closing the game.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby maginater5000 » 04 Aug 2012, 18:48

hmm do you think two "universal unlocker" are usefull? :-D

A "universal" APPID_LINKING should include codes for all the decks, both official and custom. Any deck that's not listed will have problems with the unlocks.
yes i know that, i told you that too, do you remember?

It would be very helpful if all the modders create their own APPID_LINKING in a separate WAD file. This way, when someone wants to use many mods at once, he can just delete the mod's APPID_LINKING WAD and use the "universal" one.
yes, i think most modders allready do that :-)

but I made some tests with my custom decks and, no matter how many unlockables I add, my choices for the deck remain unsaved after closing the game.
My choises for all decks are saved, for the core decks and all custom decks that have unlockable cards (even for online play). (i'm using skidrow version)
maginater5000

Postby thefiremind » 04 Aug 2012, 19:01

maginater5000 wrote:hmm do you think two "universal unlocker" are usefull? :-D
Yes because you are using Skidrow version while I'm using Theta version: as long as we test only on the version that we are using, one of us alone will never cover all the possible environments.

I'm not stealing your job, I'm just expanding it. And the important points that I wrote weren't for you, but for the other modders that aren't up to date with the latest findings about unlocks. I definitely don't want to start a war about who makes the best unlocker, if that's what you thought.

maginater5000 wrote:My choises for all decks are saved, for the core decks and all custom decks that have unlockable cards (even for online play). (i'm using skidrow version)
That's because on Skidrow version you can use the same codes for all the decks: everything is unlocked from the start so you can't do any harm to the original decks. I'm afraid that if I do this on Theta version, something bad will happen to the original decks that are still not fully unlocked... or maybe it just won't work.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby maginater5000 » 04 Aug 2012, 20:59

Yes because you are using Skidrow version while I'm using Theta version: as long as we test only on the version that we are using, one of us alone will never cover all the possible environments.
Ok you are right, i think its good if we make an unlock wad for both version, so we not have to invest time to test the other version.^^

I'm not stealing your job, I'm just expanding it. And the important points that I wrote weren't for you, but for the other modders that aren't up to date with the latest findings about unlocks. I definitely don't want to start a war about who makes the best unlocker, if that's what you thought.
No i didnt thought that you want to start a war :-D
i thought that it will be duplicate work, but i didnt thought about that two versions..^^

You are are important part of this community and you helped me alot when i had questions! Thx!
maginater5000

Postby neravine » 11 Sep 2012, 14:27

It seems like the server hosting the unlock mod has gone down. Does anyone still have a copy of it?
neravine

Postby daenon611 » 11 Sep 2012, 15:02

To me, it's allready there but ...
Attachments
Deck_4000_Core.zip
(2.16 KiB) Downloaded 567 times
daenon611

Postby RiiakShiNal » 11 Sep 2012, 15:36

neravine wrote:It seems like the server hosting the unlock mod has gone down. Does anyone still have a copy of it?
I would imagine that it is out of date now since I haven't seen any updates to it though there have been updates to mods and new mods have come out since.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby maginater5000 » 30 Jun 2013, 13:16

RiiakShiNal wrote:
neravine wrote:It seems like the server hosting the unlock mod has gone down. Does anyone still have a copy of it?
I would imagine that it is out of date now since I haven't seen any updates to it though there have been updates to mods and new mods have come out since.
Yes i think the compatibility list is out of date..
but the avatar unlock und card unlocks should work ;-)
(i updated the topic description)
maginater5000

Postby dimathejuko » 18 Aug 2013, 01:54

So, when you say to "delete your savegame" just where is that located?
dimathejuko

Next

Return to 2013