It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 22:11

Text Size

List of all iPad DLCs+download links (updated 09-06-2012)

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: List of all iPad DLCs+download links (updated 09-06-2012

Postby missalexis » 21 Sep 2012, 03:13

It's a problem with iOS 6 and iExplorer. I emailed them & will let you know what they say if I hear back.
missalexis

Postby Vavali » 21 Sep 2012, 05:20

Ah, I guess that makes sense. Thanks for the info. :)
Vavali

Postby Dane » 21 Sep 2012, 21:31

Ok...can anyone help me out? And please keep in mind, you'll have to use small words.

My situation:
iPad 3 - Jailbroken, but not updated to iOS6, since I've heard it messes with jailbreaking at the time being.
Grabbed Rick's signature WAD check disabler, using iExplorer, I put it in the Apps/Magic 2013/Magic 2013.app directory.
Also put several deck .wads that I downloaded from here...cause I saw the ones that come with the game in there, and figured that was where they went.

When I start the app...I don't see any new decks in the deck manager, and I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. As far as troubleshooting goes...I've rebooted my iPad. I'm fairly PC literate, and I've rooted my Nook Color and jailbroken my iPad, but both were with instructions, and I'm not adept enough to go patching memory addresses like Rick suggests you do if you don't just use his handy .dll. I've tried looking around the forums and the wiki, but haven't managed to find a "For Dummies" type instruction, which, let's face it...would be TOTALLY my speed.

On an entirely different note, is there anything someone as scrubby as me can contribute to this project at all? I don't really know much about coding, haven't done any since C++ in 9th grade (31 now...) but if there's tools available that make it pretty straightforward, I'd be more than happy to lend a hand.

Thanks in advance.
Dane

Postby missalexis » 22 Sep 2012, 16:59

missalexis wrote:It's a problem with iOS 6 and iExplorer. I emailed them & will let you know what they say if I hear back.
Here's what I was told my their support:

It appears that Apple made some changes in iOS 6 where the .app folder
within an app directory has neither read or write access, but you can
read/write in any other app subdirectory such as Documents. Our
developers are investigating this, but it may very well be that it's a
permanent change in iOS 6 by Apple.
Hopefully they will find a way around this problem, but if not we'll have to wait for a jailbreak for iOS6.
missalexis

Postby missalexis » 22 Sep 2012, 17:02

Dane wrote:Ok...can anyone help me out? And please keep in mind, you'll have to use small words.

My situation:
iPad 3 - Jailbroken, but not updated to iOS6, since I've heard it messes with jailbreaking at the time being.
Grabbed Rick's signature WAD check disabler, using iExplorer, I put it in the Apps/Magic 2013/Magic 2013.app directory.
Also put several deck .wads that I downloaded from here...cause I saw the ones that come with the game in there, and figured that was where they went.

You don't need Rick's WAD. But you do need the iPad specific versions of the custom wads that are linked to in the first post of this thread; in other words you can't use the unmodified PC versions directly.

Hope this helps. :)
missalexis

Postby Vavali » 22 Sep 2012, 18:34

missalexis wrote:
missalexis wrote:It's a problem with iOS 6 and iExplorer. I emailed them & will let you know what they say if I hear back.
Here's what I was told my their support:

It appears that Apple made some changes in iOS 6 where the .app folder
within an app directory has neither read or write access, but you can
read/write in any other app subdirectory such as Documents. Our
developers are investigating this, but it may very well be that it's a
permanent change in iOS 6 by Apple.
Hopefully they will find a way around this problem, but if not we'll have to wait for a jailbreak for iOS6.
Yeah, kind of a bummer, but they're almost done jailbreaking iOS 6 completely so it should only be a matter of time.
Vavali

Postby Dane » 23 Sep 2012, 04:51

missalexis wrote:
Dane wrote:Ok...can anyone help me out? And please keep in mind, you'll have to use small words.

My situation:

You don't need Rick's WAD. But you do need the iPad specific versions of the custom wads that are linked to in the first post of this thread; in other words you can't use the unmodified PC versions directly.

Hope this helps. :)
Great jumping crapsicles! You did done solved it! Thanks!

Ok, I'm going to explicitly spell out what I did wrong here, in case there's anyone else like me ever perusing these forums with the same problem. I tend to read as much as I can to try to find solutions before asking, because it's super obnoxious to see the same question posted over and over.

That said...in the first post of this thread, each set of DLC has two links...the download, and the original post that it's derived from. I was following the links back to the original post, and downloading from those. Those are the PC versions. The iPad versions are the download links in THIS thread's OP.

Hope other people find my ignorance useful.
Dane

Postby ganjamanspy » 15 Oct 2012, 17:56

Hi.. Tnx for this dlc but those added decks is not applicable for multiplayer. Is there any fix for this?i tried to remove the added decks by removing the .WAD decks and tried to connect again with multiplayer using old decks and it works again.. We are hoping for any fix because all your decks dlc are great..thanks
ganjamanspy

Postby Vavali » 25 Nov 2012, 20:02

Just wondering, has anyone gotten this to work with iOS 6 yet somehow? The last I've tried was with the most recent release of iExplore and it still wouldn't write the .wad's on to the app.

Maybe there's a different program people use? I haven't tested any other one, simply because I don't really know of any other for Windows. And plus, I still haven't seen a jailbreak for iOS 6 for any of the newer devices, so I can't use iFile to see if that would work.
Vavali

Postby ammms » 12 Dec 2012, 08:40

Hi, I have been following this thread since October. Since I only have the ipad version, I find this thread very useful. It seems that since the last update, a lot of new custom mod decks have been released for PC version. Can someone teach me how to convert the PC mod to ipad version? I have been looking up the documentation and utilities section but got no luck.

Thank you!
ammms

Postby missalexis » 05 Feb 2013, 01:52

So I just jailbroke my mini (6.1) and I'm happy to say that I can now copy WAD files to the app folder again! Kev's mod seems to conflict with the built in expansions, though I'm not sure the version uploaded in the first post in the thread has the lastest version of his mod. I guess I will try to build from svn.

edit: the head revision of the ipad branch seems to crash when I install the WADs.
missalexis

Postby Wisebird » 05 Feb 2013, 15:36

The only decks that my iPad 3 sees are Emashzed's DLC. The rest are not visible in the deck manager :(

Can that be fixed somehow?
Wisebird

Postby Marcel Costa » 13 Feb 2013, 09:14

The perfect solution for me would be to be able to build WAD from svn. Anyone know how to?
Marcel Costa

Postby missalexis » 14 Feb 2013, 01:51

Marcel Costa wrote:The perfect solution for me would be to be able to build WAD from svn. Anyone know how to?
Download TortoiseSVN : http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads.html

Then retrieve the latest community mod files:

svn checkout http://dotp2013mod.googlecode.com/svn/branches/IPAD dotp2013mod-read-only

And then just run DeckName2013.exe (which will be in the root of the retrieved files), hit "Compile All", and there you go.

Latest community mod, iPad edition.
missalexis

Postby Vavali » 24 Feb 2013, 04:59

Glad to see that .wad's can be put in to the iPad again. I figured that since iOS 6.x has been jailbroken, it could probably be possible now...

EDIT: So far I have tried out thefiremind's .wad and it works fine. I don't want to use Kev's since I'm sure it'll interfere with the headers with the latest version...

That being said, would it be possible for anyone to make thefiremind's V7 decks available for iPad? Not sure if Emashzed was the only one who knew how to convert PC decks to iPad .wad's but it would be damn awesome if someone could pick up where Emashzed left off... Would love to see RiiakShiNal's decks on iPad as well.
Vavali

PreviousNext

Return to 2013