It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 17:28

Text Size

[REL] BlindWillow's DotP 2013 DLC v5b (30/10/2012)

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

[REL] BlindWillow's DotP 2013 DLC v5b (30/10/2012)

Postby BlindWillow » 13 Aug 2012, 06:52

This DLC currently contains twenty-two decks with no unlocks. I have tried to make them playable and fun (for the most part). I've done my best to translate as much as possible as well (Korean mainly unavailable, and there's some Russian missing too). I've changed the file structure of the mod, so be sure to delete Deck_1138_ST.wad and use DATA_DLC_1138.wad instead. Because of issues some people are having, I'm reverting to Deck_1138_ST. I've re-uploaded the file. Even made some changes to "Here Be Monsters" I was too tired to last night. So everyone should use that wad file.

Here is a list of the included decks and descriptions of them (* indicates major changes, ** minor ones):

1. All Will Be One*: a B/G infect deck. I've implemented a very basic improvement to the AI's understanding of poison counters. So it will at least attack undefended players and block lethal damage. I've also created invisible poison tokens (a la mana tokens) that deal infect damage to simulate the direct addition of poison counters. So Hand of the Praetors is now included, and the proliferate mechanic is fully implemented.

2. Dawn of the Dead: U/B zombies deck. Grimgrin and Mikaeus, the Unhallowed are the highlights here. Lich Lord of Unx and Fatestitcher make sure you don't have to worry about untapping Grimgrin.

3. Defenders of the Realm: a Bant-colored deck that uses Glare of Subdual and Stoic Angel to lock down opponent's creatures while Quest for Renewal untaps your own forces. Has a fair amount of exalted creatures too (Noble Hierarch, Qasali Pridemage, Rafiq) which go well with Glare.

4. Divine Intervention**: a R/W deck that uses Defy Death and Herald of War to get out powerful angels. Wrath of God is there to clear the board early on. Luminarch Ascension provides an alternate win. Now includes Angel of Serenity (thanks to sumomole).

5. Dreams of Artifice: Use Master Transmuter to get expensive artifacts out more quickly. There're a few Steel Overseers and some Proliferate cards to power things up. Geth is here now. Memnarch brings some additional crazy fun.

6. Eldrazi Ascent: a slightly different take (with black as the second color) on the Eldrazi ramp concept using Cloudpost (and copies of Cloudpost via Vesuva) to generate the mana necessary to cast the three legendary Eldrazi. Also includes various cheaper colorless creatures (e.g. Platinum Emperion) for added flexibility.

7. The Great Experiment*: used to be "Ex Nihilo" and center on Æther Vial, now it is more diverse and fun, I think, with more targets for Trinket Mage, Temporal Mastery and some transform cards now too (Delver of Secrets and Ludevic's Test Subject). Added Supreme Verdict for board wipe.

8. Heart of Darkness: an aggro-ish monoblack deck that's meant to be played against more than played, not that it's not also fun to play. Korlash, Heir to Blackblade is the star of the show here. I was happy to get Kalitas, Bloodchief of Ghet coded too, with less trouble than I had expected.

9. Here Be Monsters**: Use Overgrown Battlement to cast powerful Hydras (Hydrae?) and Dragons. Doubling Season makes things just that much more insane. Now includes my new favorite card, Huntmaster of the Fells, which took forever to get right (and that was starting from thefiremind's already significant head start with the transform mechanic).

10. Inner Light: a white weenie deck. Has ways to boost your creatures (e.g. Light from Within) and protect them (Brave the Elements, Eight-and-a-Half-Tails). I put Figure of Destiny in here, even though he usually is in RDW decks because, well, why not?

11. Knowledge Is Power: another artifact heavy deck. This one is all about drawing a whole lotta cards and making your opponents suffer for it with Psychosis Crawler. Reliquary Tower makes sure you don't have to worry about discard. Laboratory Maniac provides an alternate win condition.

12. Lay of the Land: a G/U deck that uses Gifts Ungiven to fetch Azusa, Lost but Seeking and Meloku the Clouded Mirror to start making lots of Illusion tokens. There are some landfall cards to take advantage of all the bouncing lands too.

13. Live by the Sword: a fairly basic equipment deck. Stonehewer Giant was tough to code, but worth it. There's nothing like equipping Sword of Kaldra or Argentum Armor for free. Indomitable Archangel is there to protect your stuff, and Kemba can generate an army if you're in danger of being overrun. The classic Swords are there too (Fire & Ice/Light & Shadow).

14. March of the Elves: Created this one when I figured out how to code Elvish Archdruid (which I've arbitrarily limited to adding a max of 10 {G}). Draw Genesis Wave and overwhelm your opponent with your Elvish army.

15. Men of Steel: A watered down Affinity/Robots deck (can't really call it Affinity without anything that actually has Affinity). If we ever figure out how to override card frames, I'll put in some artifact lands to improve it (now at least has Darksteel Citadel with proper frame). Still, Steel Overseer and Tempered Steel should be enough to power up your metallic forces.

16. Project Melira: now with the added third color to make it fully combo-able with Viscera Seer, Murderous Redcap and (the slightly unorthodox) Flesh-Eater Imp.

17. Riddle Me This: along with Lay of the Land, one of the two decks where Gifts Ungiven has ended up. This one uses it and Unburial Rites to fetch Sharuum the Hegemon and various powerful artifacts, such as Akroma's Memorial and Sphinx of the Steel Wind. Tidehollow Sculler and Strix help hold down the early game.

18. Shamanic Ritual: probably my favorite deck that I've come up with, purely based on creativity. It's a monogreen deck filled with shamans. The idea is to get out Sachi, Daughter of Seshiro and then use all that mana to cast Green Sun's Zenith and fetch Progenitus. There are other hefty green creatures (e.g. Cloudthresher) to fetch in other situations too.

19. Splinter Twin: more of an experiment, really. The infinite combo is rather a pain in the ass in terms of actual gameplay. It's there, though. If you want to crash the game with 100 Pestermite and 100 Deceiver Exarch tokens, this deck will let you spend the hour or so necessary to do it.

20. Team Spirit: a B/W spirits deck with Lingering Souls and Long-Forgotten Gohei. Includes Ghost Council of Orzhova and Kokusho, the Evening Star.

21. There Will Be Blood: R/B vampires deck. Not much to say. You already know how powerful vampires can be.

Special deck -- Ancient Evil: my take on what the Nicol Bolas deck should have been. The only deck in this DLC that is not Modern legal. It's Vintage legal, though (unlike the included deck, which has an illegal number of Moxes but not much to do with them.)

Note: Because the game is so inflexible with colorless mana sources, I've coded some non-basic lands with abilities that would conflict with their mana abilities, such as Inkmoth Nexus and Quicksand, to generate off-color mana. Be sure to customize these if you use them in your own decks.

(As always, let me know of bugs, translation errors, and any suggestions you have for additions to the existing decks. Thanks go to the usual suspects--kevlahnota, thefiremind, RiiakShiNal, pcastellazzi, etc.--for code tips and cards, tweaked, naturally, to satisfy my desires :wink:.)

BlindWillow's DotP 2013 DLC v5b
Last edited by BlindWillow on 31 Oct 2012, 00:08, edited 8 times in total.
BlindWillow

Re: [REL] BlindWillow's DotP 2013 DLC

Postby drleg3nd » 14 Aug 2012, 02:14

Which file was your old one ? I have repeat of your decks
drleg3nd

Postby BlindWillow » 14 Aug 2012, 16:29

The old decks are deck_11381_st.wad, deck_11382_st.wad, and deck_11383_st.wad.
BlindWillow

Postby BlindWillow » 20 Aug 2012, 01:31

Deck updated with two new decks: an infect deck and a Gifts Ungiven deck.
BlindWillow

Re: [REL] BlindWillow's DotP 2013 DLC v3 (5/09/2012)

Postby BlindWillow » 05 Sep 2012, 18:36

Massive update. More than twice the previous number of decks. Some tweaks to the previous ones too. Enjoy.
BlindWillow

Postby propel0 » 06 Sep 2012, 02:07

thanks for the update, the decks are really fun!
propel0

Postby Emashzed » 06 Sep 2012, 21:29

Thanks for the update BlindWillow.
If that's ok with you, I released an iPad port for it, available here :
viewtopic.php?f=102&t=7796
Emashzed

Postby missalexis » 06 Sep 2012, 23:38

Thank you for these nice decks! :) I was playing "There Will Be Blood" on my iPad this evening and couldn't seem to activate the Sacrifice ability of Quicksand. Which I badly needed. ;) I don't know if this is a bug and/or possibly unique to iPad?
missalexis

Postby drleg3nd » 06 Sep 2012, 23:44

Quick question what format would these decks be in ? Standard,legacy.modern,vintage or a mix up ? I wanted to emulate some of these decks in lackey
drleg3nd

Postby missalexis » 07 Sep 2012, 02:12

Also: love the Delver deck, would love to see more with transforming cards. I did notice that when I tried to make a copy of Talrand with Phantasmal Image they both immediately went into the graveyard.
missalexis

Postby BlindWillow » 07 Sep 2012, 04:02

missalexis wrote:I was playing "There Will Be Blood" on my iPad this evening and couldn't seem to activate the Sacrifice ability of Quicksand. Which I badly needed. ;) I don't know if this is a bug and/or possibly unique to iPad?
Reviewing the code, I don't see anything that could be amiss. I suppose it could be unique to the iPad, as I haven't tested the decks on it. Have you ever had it work on the iPad, or is its ability just always unavailable?
BlindWillow

Postby BlindWillow » 07 Sep 2012, 04:03

drleg3nd wrote:Quick question what format would these decks be in ? Standard,legacy.modern,vintage or a mix up ? I wanted to emulate some of these decks in lackey
They're all Modern legal.
BlindWillow

Postby BlindWillow » 07 Sep 2012, 04:08

missalexis wrote:Also: love the Delver deck, would love to see more with transforming cards. I did notice that when I tried to make a copy of Talrand with Phantasmal Image they both immediately went into the graveyard.
That sounds like someone else's deck, but as Talrand is legendary, creating a copy of him would indeed send both to the graveyard due to the "legend rule":

If two or more permanents with the same name have the supertype legendary, all are put into their owners' graveyards.
BlindWillow

Re: [REL] BlindWillow's DotP 2013 DLC v4 (28/09/2012)

Postby BlindWillow » 29 Sep 2012, 00:20

Another big update. Probably the last big one for awhile. Eight new decks (several designed with the idea of having more challenging opponents to play against) and many changes/fixes to existing ones. Have fun!
BlindWillow

Re: [REL] BlindWillow's DotP 2013 DLC v4 (28/09/2012)

Postby propel0 » 29 Sep 2012, 04:52

thanks for the update, but Defenders of the Realm and Lay of the Land crash for me everytime I try it...seems to happen when Birds of Paradise is in play?
propel0

Next

Return to 2013