It is currently 21 May 2024, 21:10

Text Size

SoulStorm's Deck Factory 3.1 (Updated 1-23-2013)

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

SoulStorm's Deck Factory 3.1 (Updated 1-23-2013)

Postby SoulStorm » 20 Aug 2012, 16:16

New Deck:

Thanks to Firemind for the many card contributions, and to pcastellazzi for Darksteel Ingot!

[Deck_504107_ST] Sorcerer Supreme {W} {U} {B} {R} {G} Core Deck List:

| Open
Creatures:

1 x Angel of Despair
2 x Enigma Sphinx
2 x Etherium-Horn Sorcerer
1 x Maelstrom Wanderer

Instants / Sorceries:

1 x Archangel's Light
1 x Cruel Ultimatum
2 x Exploding Borders
2 x Gaea's Blessing
2 x Kiss of the Amesha
2 x Punish Ignorance
2 x Bant Charm
2 x Jund Charm
3 x Lightning Helix
2 x Supreme Verdict
4 x Urban Evolution
1 x Violent Ultimatum

Artifacts / Enchantments

4 x Darksteel Ingot
1 x Mox Emerald
1 x Mox Jet
1 x Mox Pearl
1 x Mox Ruby
1 x Mox Sapphire
4 x Mycosynth Wellspring
2 x Pernicious Deed

Lands:

3 x Forest
3 x Island
3 x Mountain
3 x Plains
3 x Swamp

Download Link:

Deck Factory 3.1: http://www10.zippyshare.com/v/80471444/file.html

Old Decks:

[Deck_504106_ST] Dead Reckoning {W} {U} Core Deck List:

| Open
Creatures:

1 x Angel of Serenity
2 x Archon of Justice
4 x Drogskol Captain
1 x Drogskol Reaver
1 x Dust Elemental
1 x Karmic Guide
2 x Mnemonic Wall
1 x Reveillark
2 x Voice of All
4 x Wall of Reverence
2 x Kor Sanctifiers

Instants / Sorceries:

1 x Counterbore
3 x Cryptic Command
1 x Defy Death
2 x Gifts Ungiven
1 x Planar Cleansing
1 x Psychic Spiral
4 x Swords to Plowshares
2 x Wrath of God

Lands:

4 x Glacial Fortress
7 x Island
1 x Mystifying Maze
7 x Plains
1 x Reliquary Tower
4 x Tundra

Download Link:

Deck Factory 2.1: http://www57.zippyshare.com/v/75764912/file.html

[Deck_504101_ST] Mycosynth Evolution {W} {U} {B} Core Deck List:

| Open
Artifacts:

3 x Armillary Sphere
2 x Batterskull
2 x Elixir of Immortality
2 x Erratic Portal
2 x Mirrorworks
1 x Mox Jet
1 x Mox Pearl
1 x Mox Sapphire

Creatures:

4 x Baleful Strix
2 x Duplicant
2 x Etched Champion
2 x Phyrexian Metamorph
4 x Sanctum Gargoyle
4 x Solemn Simulacrum
2 x Steel Hellkite
2 x Wurmcoil Engine

Instants / Sorceries:

3 x Black Sun's Zenith

Lands:

1 x Ancient Den
8 x Island
2 x Plains
1 x Seat of the Synod
8 x Swamp
1 x Vault of Whispers

[Deck_504102_ST] On a Pale Horse {W} Core Deck List:

| Open
Artifacts / Enchantments:

4 x Debtor's Knell
2 x Elixir of Immortality
4 x Pariah

Creatures:

4 x Auramancer
4 x Archon of Justice
4 x Solemn Simulacrum
4 x Soul Warden
4 x Sun Titan
2 x Wall of Reverenece

Sorceries:

4 x Wrath of God

Lands:

24 x Plains

[Deck_504103_ST] Blood Harvest {B} {G} Core Deck List:

| Open
Creatures:

4 x Blood Artist
2 x Disciple of Griselbrand
1 x Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief
4 x Eternal Witness
4 x Yavimaya Elder
3 x Protean Hulk
1 x Sheoldred, Whispering One
2 x Spore Frog

Instants / Sorceries:

3 x Beacon of Unrest
2 x Damnation
2 x Demonic Tutor
4 x Maelstrom Pulse
4 x Putrefy

Lands:

13 x Forest
11 x Swamp

[Deck_504104_ST] Balance of Power {G} {W} Core Deck List:

| Open
Creatures:

1 x Avacyn, Angel of Hope
1 x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
3 x Enlisted Wurm
2 x Eternal Witness
2 x Genesis
1 x Iona, Shield of Emeria
3 x Kitchen Finks
1 x Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
2 x Pelakka Wurm
1 x Sigarda, Host of Herons
1 x Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre

Instants / Sorceries:

2 x Boundless Realms
4 x Cultivate
2 x Day of Judgment
2 x Eladamri's Call
4 x Explore
4 x Wrath of God

Lands:

14 x Forest
10 x Plains

[Deck_504105_ST] Abhorrent Vacuum {U} {B} Core Deck List:

| Open
Artifacts:

4 x Armillary Sphere
2 x Swiftfoot Boots

Creatures:

4 x Baleful Strix
4 x Chancellor of the Spires
4 x Ghastlord of Fugue
2 x Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
2 x Mnemonic Wall

Instants / Sorceries:

2 x Beacon of Unrest
2 x Black Sun's Zenith
4 x Consuming Vapors
4 x Counterbore
4 x Damnation
2 x Nightmare Incursion

Lands:

8 x Island
12 x Swamp

Download Link:

Deck Factory 1.3: http://www44.zippyshare.com/v/8568935/file.html

Please Read Before Downloading:

These decks require The Firemind's, Kevlahnota's, Riiak Shi Nal's, BlindWillow's, Skullblakka's, and Sumomole's Mods and fixes. A special thanks to them for their continued support and contribution to the duels modding community. I'd also like to thank Rick for his awesome GibbedTools!

These decks are on the strong side relative to the Duels 2013 decks, however, the Duels 2013 decks remain competitive.

Each deck contains 30 unlocks. I have not played with any of the unlocks for these decks, so any prior statements regarding balance do not apply to games utilizing unlocked cards. Use them at your own entertainment risk! :mrgreen:

Happy Gaming!
Last edited by SoulStorm on 23 Jan 2013, 19:36, edited 19 times in total.
SoulStorm

Re: SoulStorm's Deck Factory 1.0 (8-20-12)

Postby RiiakShiNal » 20 Aug 2012, 19:27

As for the deck box image, there are a couple of templates you could use (if you want of course):
Emashzed's - DOTP13 deck image template
Riiak Shi Nal's - D13 Deck Art Template
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Re: SoulStorm's Deck Factory 1.1 (8-21-2012)

Postby SoulStorm » 21 Aug 2012, 08:17

Many thanks Riiak Shi Nal! With a little tinkering I was able to figure out how to use Emashzed's template. Your template unfortunately flew way over my head. My photoshop skills are limited.
SoulStorm

Postby RiiakShiNal » 21 Aug 2012, 12:44

No problem, I included both because some people will prefer one over the other. Currently, I'm using a combination of the two (mine with Emashzed's shading layer).

An easy way to use mine though is to simply paste your picture in a new layer just over the "Art Mask" layer, move it around to position it like you want, then move the layer mask (click and drag) from the "Art Mask" layer to the layer you have your art on and all the excess art (which should not be in the box) will vanish from view.
Attachments
TemplateUseExample.jpg
Template Use Example
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby SoulStorm » 21 Aug 2012, 15:31

Riiak Shi Nal, I'm glad you posted that explanation, because your tutorial didn't make any sense given what I originally downloaded from you which was just a black & white shader map. The file must have somehow been corrupted the first time I downloaded it from you. I've downloaded it again and all is right with the world once more.

Also, when tinkering with Emashzed's template, I found that if I resized my image's height to correspond with the template image and then selected the template image, I could just use the "Paste Into" command and not have any excess art to deal with. This technique sometimes requires you to crop your image in order to get the horizontal potitioning correct though.

Thanks again Riiak ShiNal.
SoulStorm

Postby skullblakka » 21 Aug 2012, 16:04

hi dude!

your decks are very fun but my unlocks are fuked and my game don't remember cards i already unlocked after i closed the game.
So can we have unlocked cards?
apology my so bad english speaking :)
skullblakka

Postby RiiakShiNal » 21 Aug 2012, 21:10

skullblakka wrote:your decks are very fun but my unlocks are fuked and my game don't remember cards i already unlocked after i closed the game.
So can we have unlocked cards?
There is quite a lot of contention with unlocked cards and saving of deck configuration. It seems that only 18 Decks are saved to the profile so the deck configuration (including locked cards) will only be saved for those 18 decks (we currently have no way to control with 18 decks are saved).

Unlocks remaining permanently unlocked can be achieved by use of the APPID_LINKING.TXT file (even if it won't remember if you've put unlocks in the deck or not), but decks from ALL mods (and the original) game must be present or it will conflict with other mods. Also if an APPID_LINKING.TXT is provided by a mod author then it should be in a separate WAD so that if a new mod is created or another is updated the APPID_LINKING.TXT will also need to be updated with the new decks. One option for modders is simply not to include this file due to the conflicts it can create and let users/modders create/modify this file for themselves. The other option is to create a new "universal" file with the AppIds from all the other mods out (which can be time consuming if you try to verify you have them all) and release it as a separate WAD (to make life easier for everyone using their mod).

Unlocks and saving of deck configuration remains a problem for all modders and mod users.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby drleg3nd » 21 Aug 2012, 23:13

Thats understandable but why am i getting the msg that all my decks keeps resetting ? Is it just the new decks or all my decks reset ? Btw thx soul for the dlc been looking for someone to put debtors knell in another deck outside of exalted which im not a big fan of
drleg3nd

Postby RiiakShiNal » 22 Aug 2012, 00:22

drleg3nd wrote:Thats understandable but why am i getting the msg that all my decks keeps resetting ? Is it just the new decks or all my decks reset ?
The message that the deck has been reset typically happens if there is an error in the xml of one of the cards (in which it fails to load and the game resets the deck to try and fix the problem) or if the deck id is out of bounds (such as too big/long, must be a number). Usually a deck resetting is just the deck with the problem not all decks.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby SoulStorm » 22 Aug 2012, 06:43

RiiakShiNal wrote:The message that the deck has been reset typically happens if there is an error in the xml of one of the cards (in which it fails to load and the game resets the deck to try and fix the problem) or if the deck id is out of bounds (such as too big/long, must be a number). Usually a deck resetting is just the deck with the problem not all decks.
If someone would be willing to take a look at my files and let me know if I did something boneheaded that is causing this message to appear it would be appreciated.

I've never noticed any ill-effects related to this message, but I understand that some may find it annoying. I'm still new to modding for this game so my apologies to those who are suffering from my growing pains. #-o

Also, does anyone know how to change the name of the AI opponent and circular icon used when the AI pilots custom decks?

If I can work out these two problems, I'll post a new link once completed.

Also, working on a new deck, but I'm still in the concept stages at this point. We'll see how it goes.
SoulStorm

Postby SoulStorm » 22 Aug 2012, 16:48

While placing all the card files in a master list for easy reference, I noticed that different mods occasionally include the same cards but with different codes. One such card, Armillary Sphere is in one of my decks (there may be more). Could this be the cause of the message?
SoulStorm

Postby RiiakShiNal » 22 Aug 2012, 19:05

SoulStorm wrote:If someone would be willing to take a look at my files and let me know if I did something boneheaded that is causing this message to appear it would be appreciated.
After taking a quick look at the decks (this is where most deck rest problems occur), it looks like your problem might be from reusing the Deck uid for the Land Pool uid (you should never have two things with the same uid as it can cause problems).

SoulStorm wrote:I've never noticed any ill-effects related to this message, but I understand that some may find it annoying. I'm still new to modding for this game so my apologies to those who are suffering from my growing pains. #-o
Usually, if a message like that appears it means that there is a problem somewhere which should be taken care of so that if another problem occurs the two don't get mixed up. Also when mixed with other unknown conditions it could cause problems.

SoulStorm wrote:Also, does anyone know how to change the name of the AI opponent and circular icon used when the AI pilots custom decks?
That's relatively simple:
  • In the Deck the "personality" attribute determines which AI graphics are used (they are in a set).
  • In the "AI_PERSONALITIES" folder there are several XML files each of which defines a "personality" which can be used for the decks.
    • PLANESWALKER_NAME_TAG - Sets the string to refer to in the TEXT_PERMANENT files.
    • LARGE_AVATAR_IMAGE - Defines the Back-plate to use for an AI opponent in Custom Game
    • MEDIUM_AVATAR_IMAGE - Defines the medium quality circular image for the AI.
    • SMALL_AVATAR_IMAGE - Defines the smaller circular image for the AI (I usually use the same image here as for MEDIUM_AVATAR_IMAGE).
    • SMALL_AVATAR_IMAGE_LOCKED - Defines the circular image to use for locked encounters/campaign matches (this is pretty much irrelevant if you don't work with campaigns, Since I haven't done any campaign work I leave this the same as the two above).
    • MUSIC - Defines the music to use for battles against this AI opponent.
  • Graphics go in ART_ASSETS\TEXTURES\PLANESWALKERS

SoulStorm wrote:While placing all the card files in a master list for easy reference, I noticed that different mods occasionally include the same cards but with different codes. One such card, Armillary Sphere is in one of my decks (there may be more). Could this be the cause of the message?
It's possible, but unlikely. If the card shows up in the deck then it is highly unlikely that the card (or multiple alternate copies/versions) are the problem.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby SoulStorm » 23 Aug 2012, 08:34

Thanks yet again Riiak Shi Nal, your suggestion fixed the problem. I'll be posting an update shortly.
SoulStorm

Re: SoulStorm's Deck Factory 1.2 Update (8-23-2012)

Postby skullblakka » 23 Aug 2012, 16:22

THX Riiak i found how to unlock all my decks

i made my own APPID_LINKING.TXT file now every decks from every mods are unlocked for me

i give you a thanks :p

PS : Nice job your decks are funny! =D>
apology my so bad english speaking :)
skullblakka

Re: SoulStorm's Deck Factory 1.2 Update (8-23-2012)

Postby RiiakShiNal » 23 Aug 2012, 19:48

skullblakka wrote:THX Riiak i found how to unlock all my decks

i made my own APPID_LINKING.TXT file now every decks from every mods are unlocked for me
I'm glad it helped, I have my own APPID_LINKING.TXT that I use as well so I can easily add new decks/mods to it. It also helps for when I release my mod as I can just take my file, remove any test decks from it, and pack it into a WAD for those without the skills to make/manage their own.

skullblakka wrote:PS : Nice job your decks are funny! =D>
I'm not sure how to respond to this as the decks in my mod aren't really mine, their just reproductions of the DotP 2010 decks (at the moment at least, there are some decks I'm playing around with, but haven't released yet because they aren't quite ready). I'm also not sure if this line is referring to my mod or SoulStorm's as this is SoulStorm's thread, but the post seemed to be directed to me.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Next

Return to 2013