It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 05:33

Text Size

Problems playing wayback 2012 mod

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Problems playing wayback 2012 mod

Postby AlexSanchez » 09 Oct 2012, 22:53

Hello! Ive been playing the wayback 2012 without problem until I arrived to Kor Spiritdancer. I win her deck and I continue playing. But when I start planeswalkers 2013 again next day, that deck was locked, and the following ones that I also unlocked, were lock. Not only this, the Koth the hammer deck was also locked. All the other decks, mod and custom decks are ok! is there a solution? Am I doing something wrong? I am new in the forum! thanks!
AlexSanchez

Re: Problems playing wayback 2012 mod

Postby RiiakShiNal » 10 Oct 2012, 00:44

You're not doing anything wrong, the game can only save a total of 18 deck configurations to the player's profile. Once that limit is hit any subsequent deck configurations are not saved no matter what the player does. This problem occurs with all mods that allow for any deck customization (not just the wayback 2012 campaign).

There is no solution, you can work-around the problem and unlock the decks by modifying the decks in the wads (assuming you know how to modify wads). That requires a good bit of information to do even though it is fairly easy and not all people are able to do it (for any number of reasons).

The wayback 2012 campaign was made before this problem became evident and the wayback 2012 campaign also will not currently work with expansion 1 (no fault lies with Kevlahnota, we actually applaud all his hard work). We currently do know how to generate the hash file which is used to verify the profile and we can edit the profile (very limited at the moment) and are working on a way to allow players to control which decks are saved, but nothing at the moment exists that will allow anyone to really control the issue.

So relax, take a deep breath, enjoy the multitude of decks currently available while we work on a control method for this issue. Or you can poke around the forums read up on all the research that has been done (there is quite a bit), learn how to mod, make a deck, and/or make some cards. There is plenty to do and lots of work/fun to go around if you have the time and patience.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby AlexSanchez » 10 Oct 2012, 05:42

So if I have understood well, even the entire deck can be locked again after reaching 18 decks opened isnt it? well, is true that we have a lot of decks to play! so I will wait for you guys to solve the problem. I also have read about what you said but I didnt know if it was just a locked cards problem or also the entire decks!
AlexSanchez

Postby RiiakShiNal » 10 Oct 2012, 13:14

That is correct, it is the deck configurations which would include both locked cards and locked decks. If a deck has to be unlocked by playing a campaign then that deck configuration would be saved as unlocked, but since there is a limit to the deck configurations if that unlock would put the deck configurations over 18 then the deck will be locked each time the game is loaded because the deck configuration (with it unlocked) could not be saved. Though as I said this can be worked around by editing the deck in the wad to add always_available="true" to the deck xml (though again requires knowledge on how to unpack the wads at minimum).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby AlexSanchez » 10 Oct 2012, 16:04

Thanks! I would be interested in change this option and make them available, which program should I run to open the WAD files? it would be very nice if you could give me some steps to follow and do it! thanks!!
AlexSanchez

Postby RiiakShiNal » 10 Oct 2012, 17:12

There is sort of a beginners guide that thefiremind wrote up using gibbed tools (link in the beginners guide) for unpacking wads. It should be noted that if you are not planning to distribute anything then you don't actually need to pack them again as the game will recognize unpacked wads in the directory (though since wads take precedence if the game sees both an unpacked and a packed so if you want to use them unpacked you will need to move the packed ones elsewhere).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby AlexSanchez » 10 Oct 2012, 22:39

it worked with wadedit so I could unlock all the decks. Now my question is, we can only unlock locked cards for 18 decks isnt it? can they be choosen? then I will try to complete the decks of my favourites..
AlexSanchez

Postby RiiakShiNal » 10 Oct 2012, 23:26

AlexSanchez wrote:we can only unlock locked cards for 18 decks isnt it?
In essence that is correct. Though the game picks which 18 at the moment (even if one or more of them don't have unlocks).

AlexSanchez wrote:can they be choosen?
No, at the moment there is no way to choose which 18. That is what we are working on with editing the profiles. Thus far I've been able to get the game to remember which decks I've chosen, but it still does not properly save/read the configurations for the decks I edited in so I'm still working on it.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby xbon » 05 Jun 2013, 00:27

I can't even play the campaign; when I press start duel it just exits back out to the character selection screen for dueling; so I can't unlock any of the decks... any way to fix that?
xbon

Postby RiiakShiNal » 05 Jun 2013, 01:18

xbon wrote:I can't even play the campaign; when I press start duel it just exits back out to the character selection screen for dueling; so I can't unlock any of the decks... any way to fix that?
The campaign can only be played if you don't have the Return to Ravnica expansion (which pretty much everyone has now).

The way to unlock the decks is to unpack the wad and modify the decks so that they are unlocked by default. Click the link in my signature for more detailed help on unlocking the decks.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby xbon » 05 Jun 2013, 01:24

RiiakShiNal wrote:
xbon wrote:I can't even play the campaign; when I press start duel it just exits back out to the character selection screen for dueling; so I can't unlock any of the decks... any way to fix that?
The campaign can only be played if you don't have the Return to Ravnica expansion (which pretty much everyone has now).

The way to unlock the decks is to unpack the wad and modify the decks so that they are unlocked by default. Click the link in my signature for more detailed help on unlocking the decks.
is there anywhere I could find all the wayback 2012 decks already unlocked? I'm not sure what the names of them are, and I have a lot of decks downloaded .-.
xbon

Postby RiiakShiNal » 05 Jun 2013, 01:31

xbon wrote:is there anywhere I could find all the wayback 2012 decks already unlocked? I'm not sure what the names of them are, and I have a lot of decks downloaded .-.
I don't know if they are available anywhere or not in unlocked form.

As for the names you can find the Decks from kevlahnota's mod (and the Wayback 2012 campaign) in these wads:
  • DATA_DLC_0999
  • Deck_0881_ST
  • Deck_0882_ST
  • Deck_0883_ST
  • Deck_0884_ST
  • Deck_0885_ST
  • Deck_0886_ST
  • Deck_0887_ST
  • Deck_0888_ST
  • Deck_0889_ST
  • Deck_0890_ST
  • Deck_0891_ST
  • Deck_0892_CH
  • Deck_0893_CH
  • Deck_0894_CH
  • Deck_0895_CH
  • Deck_0896_CH
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby East Bay » 05 Jun 2013, 03:58

RiiakShiNal wrote:

He just has to delete these .wads from the DOTP directory to make it work
Code: Select all
DATA_DLC_0001.WAD
DATA_DLC_0002.WAD
DATA_DLC_0003.WAD
East Bay

Postby RiiakShiNal » 05 Jun 2013, 10:16

East Bay wrote:He just has to delete these .wads from the DOTP directory to make it work
DATA_DLC_0001.WAD
DATA_DLC_0002.WAD
DATA_DLC_0003.WAD
DATA_DLC_0002 & DATA_DLC_0003 contain no campaign items and therefore do not conflict with the WayBack 2012 campaign. Deleting DATA_DLC_0001 removes the expansion campaigns and will allow the WayBack 2012 campaign to work, but prevents the 5 Return to Ravnica decks from being unlocked. So one way or another some decks can't be unlocked except by modifying the decks as I explained earlier. And usually it is not a good thing to remove wads from the official game, it is usually better to remove or change parts of modded wads.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby East Bay » 05 Jun 2013, 15:31

RiiakShiNal wrote:
East Bay wrote:He just has to delete these .wads from the DOTP directory to make it work
DATA_DLC_0001.WAD
DATA_DLC_0002.WAD
DATA_DLC_0003.WAD
DATA_DLC_0002 & DATA_DLC_0003 contain no campaign items and therefore do not conflict with the WayBack 2012 campaign. Deleting DATA_DLC_0001 removes the expansion campaigns and will allow the WayBack 2012 campaign to work, but prevents the 5 Return to Ravnica decks from being unlocked. So one way or another some decks can't be unlocked except by modifying the decks as I explained earlier. And usually it is not a good thing to remove wads from the official game, it is usually better to remove or change parts of modded wads.
Oh ok I thought he just wanted to duel the AI guess I misunderstood then.
East Bay

Return to 2013