It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 21:57

Text Size

Nivmizzet1's mod DLC [14 decks - 2 NEW] -- 10 Jul 2013

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Nivmizzet1's mod DLC [14 decks - 2 NEW] -- 10 Jul 2013

Postby nivmizzet1 » 27 Mar 2013, 14:39

Introduction:
I have some decks I'd like to share with the community (which also include a few new cards). Most of the decks are based on Modern-legal decks that I designed quite some time ago, and for the most part they are all competetive against each other, but their overall power exceeds that of the original DOTP 2013 decks. One exception to this is a deck that I included just to live a dream, which is massively OP against both the DOTP decks and the other decks in my DLC -- it's fun to use a couple of times, but obviously gets old rather quiclky. This DLC includes new cards that I have created for the purpose of this DLC (some of them with help from people on this forum, e.g. thefiremind). Feel free to comment/report bugs/reuse my cards. Apologies to players that use non-English languages, I've only assigned preview cards for each deck in English, so these will display as a white box in other languages (I think) (EDIT: I'm slowly fixing this, now only some decks are missing a preview card in non-English languages).

Requirements:
This is a stand-alone mod. All that is required is the below DLC (and the original game, DOTP 2013, of course). Having said that, my mod *should* co-operate with other mods, should you be running more than just mine.

Download and Installation:
All files are WAD files that have been compressed into a zip file. After download, the files should be extracted; you will then have a folder with a WAD file inside. Cut and paste the WAD file into the magic2013 directory (where the games .exe is) and voila!

BEFORE ANYTHING, YOU NEED THE CORE FILE.
Also, remember that whenever you download and "install" a new or updated deck you will need to re-download and "install" this core file.

Then you may download any or all of the following decks (click the name for download link):

The Grind
| Open
7x island
8x Plains
4x Glacial Fortress
3x Flooded Strand
1x Reliquary Tower
1x Academy Ruins

1x Elixir of Immortality
3x Howling Mine
1x Luminarch Ascension
3x Ghostly Prison
1x Curse of the Bloody Tome
2x Oblivion Ring
1x Story Circle
1x Curse of Exhaustion
1x Leyline of Sanctity
1x Venser’s Journal

2x Swords to Plowshares
2x Unsummon
1x Enlightened Tutor
1x Revoke Existence
3x Mana Leak
2x Into the Roil
2x Day of Judgment

4x Wall of Denial
2x Silent Arbiter
1x Consecrated Sphinx

Equipped for War
| Open
19x Plains
2x Emeria, the Sky Ruin
4x Marsh Flats

3x Kor Skyfisher
4x Puresteel Paladin
2x Stoneforge Mystic
4x Etched Champion
1x Treasure Hunter
1x Stonehewer Giant

3x Dispatch
2x Dispense Justice
2x Steelshaper’s Gift

3x Avacyn’s Collar
2x Basilisk Collar
2x Swiftfoot Boots
3x Cranial Plating
1x Umezawa’s Jitte
1x Sword of Fire and Ice
1x Fireshrieker
2x Oblivion Ring

Grimgrin's Mortician
| Open

Rise of Irindu
| Open

Fire and Lightning
| Open

Strength in Numbers
| Open

Blood Frenzy
| Open

Divine Intervention
| Open

STRATEGY:
| Open
Mass polymorph with 5 (or more) tokens on the battlefield and all 5 angels in your library; pair Elgaud Shieldmate with Avacyn, Angel of Hope. Profit.

TIPS:
| Open
Elgaud Shieldmate: If you mass polymorph into Elgaud Shieldmate + 2 or more creatures, you can cycle through which target to pair with by selecting "finish" -- just make sure you don't cycle passed the desired target, because there ain't no goin' back!

The Meaning of Life
| Open

Morglen Mafia
| Open

A Cursed Night
| Open

Note: credit for this deck goes to YamishiTheWickedOne

The Western Way
| Open

Note: credit for this deck goes to MetaphysicalxProdigy

The Allure of Brilliance
| Open

no pic, sorry!

Fire in the Skies
| Open

no pic, sorry!

Known issues:
- Bloodline Keeper: As far as I know, nobody has managed to create a bug-free Bloodline Keeper due to intrinsic difficulties with the flip mechanic, and this version of bloodline keeper is no exception. Under the AIs control it can generate seemingly infinte tokens from nowhere; so playing against the AI (either as or against "Blood for the Coven") is pretty much out of the question. However, the card more or less works OK in multiplayer, although there are still a few glitches, like if it gets reanimated with undying it becomes flipped without actually flipping (grants the flipped static ability), then you can flip it again to get it's static ability twice.
- Emrakul, the Aeons Torn: displays protection from color symbols, but it still works as intended -- i.e. protection only from colored spells.
- Leyline of Sanctity: removes player enchantments (e.g. curses).
- Kalastria Highborn: [to confirm] her ability activates even if the cost is not paid (at least when AI is controller).

Future release plans:
I hope to get a reanimator deck up at some stage, but it requires a lot of cards to be created, so it may take me some time to get around to it. I'll also be continuing to make cosmetic changes to the other decks that didn't get them this time around. I'll also at some stage be updating this OP with deck lists.

I will probably also be checking every now and then for reported bugs, and I will do my best to address any issues that come up.

Acknowledgements:
My DLC includes content from the community DLC, thefiremind's DLC, Sumomole's DLC, BlindWillow's DLC, and Riiak Shi Nal's DLC; there are also some other select cards created by other forum users that I've used (e.g. bloodline keeper -- Aiodren). Without these people, my mod would not have been possible, so a big thank you goes out to them! I also need to congratulate Riiak Shi Nal on his deck builder, it's come in very handy =D>

Changelog:
| Open
-28/03/2013: Updated DLC to include cards from expansion and deck pack content.
-30/03/2013: Added new deck "Strength In Numbers", and updated "Fire and Lightning" with a version modified to be less one-dimensional and more interesting and fun.
-30/03/2013: Fixed the "your deck has been reset to its original configuration due to a required content being unavailable" problem (thanks thedo). Fixed cards Timetwister, Hypersonic Dragon, and Emrakul, the Aeons Torn (thanks thefiremind).
-01/04/2013: Fixed deck "Blood For The Coven" by making the 4x Bloodthrone Vampire accessible. EDIT: Fixed Lord of Lineage.
-07/04/2013: Fixed Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius. Fixed Hypersonic Dragon. Modified deck "Fire and Lightning". Added taplands to all dual-color decks (thanks tomy0619lee for the code). Added new deck "The Grind".
-02/05/2013: Added new deck "Divine Intervention"; updated "Strength In Numbers" and "Fire and Lightning" with modifications to improve deck synergy and consistency (and may have made very minor modifications (e.g. land ratios) to other decks); changed format of mod from a single download to a core mod download with a separate download for each deck; gave the OP a facelift :mrgreen:
-09/05/2013: Modified "Strength in Numbers" to be more synergistic and fun and to remove spectral procession which was a problem card because the game doesn't support mono-color hybrid lands.
-13/05/2013: Modified "Fire and Lightning" -- substituted Fling with newly coded card Teleportal.
-02/06/2013: Added 4 new decks: "The Meaning of Life", "Morglen Mafia", "Humble in Victory", and "A cursed Night"; made cosmetic changes to "Blood Oath" (formerly "Bloody Oath"), "Rise of Irindu", and "Blood Frenzy" (formerly "Blood for the Coven") -- so re-download them if you want to see the new changes!
-02/06/2013: Added new deck "The Western Way". Updated OP with screenshots and re-configured hyperlinks.
-10/07/2013: Added 2 new decks -- "Fire in the Skies" and "The Allure of Brilliance". Removed decks "Humble in Victory" and "Blood Oath". Nerfed deck "A Cursed Night". Modified decks "Blood Frenzy" and "Fire and Lightning". Implemented thefiremind's transform mechanic.
-17/07/2013: Updated deck "Fire in the Skies".
Last edited by nivmizzet1 on 27 Jul 2013, 08:22, edited 88 times in total.
nivmizzet1

Re: Nivmizzet1 mod DLC

Postby thefiremind » 27 Mar 2013, 15:25

You could have waited for the definitive Fastbond fix... check the card creation request thread... :D
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Drakno » 27 Mar 2013, 18:38

Actually as far as flip cards go I have never had a problem using sumomole's huntmaster from his naya ramp deck (though I wish I could say the same for his mizzium mortars) maybe you guys can help eachother and everyone wins (especially me :p)

EDIT: also could you plz upload a wad version of the decks? Gibbed tools always crushes on me, no clue why
Drakno

Postby nivmizzet1 » 27 Mar 2013, 20:25

Drakno wrote:Actually as far as flip cards go I have never had a problem using sumomole's huntmaster from his naya ramp deck (though I wish I could say the same for his mizzium mortars) maybe you guys can help eachother and everyone wins (especially me :p)

EDIT: also could you plz upload a wad version of the decks? Gibbed tools always crushes on me, no clue why
maybe it's just ones that tap to generate tokens then, or maybe it's just Bloodline Keeper, my bad.

also, unfortunately, the file size was too big to upload as a single WAD -- that's why it's in 2 parts. Unless you can recommend somewhere to upload ~500MB...?
Last edited by nivmizzet1 on 27 Mar 2013, 23:19, edited 1 time in total.
nivmizzet1

Postby nivmizzet1 » 27 Mar 2013, 20:26

thefiremind wrote:You could have waited for the definitive Fastbond fix... check the card creation request thread... :D
oh, awesome. I wasn't expecting a fix. Thanks. I guess I'll reupload everything with the new card then. But just out of curiosity, do you add all the cards you make to your future DLCs?
nivmizzet1

Postby thefiremind » 27 Mar 2013, 22:10

nivmizzet1 wrote:also, unfortunately, the file size was too big to upload as a single WAD -- that's why it's in 2 parts. Unless you can recommend somewhere to upload ~500MB...?
Splitting a single WAD is possible if you put it into a splitted ZIP file. Windows can't make a splitted ZIP file natively (I think), but you can use WinZip or WinRAR or 7zip etc... anyway that's not the point: 500 MB?! :shock: How can you reach that size? I guess you aren't resizing nor compressing TDX files... you really should.

nivmizzet1 wrote:But just out of curiosity, do you add all the cards you make to your future DLCs?
No, I keep a folder called "Requests" where I save the cards I make out of requests. I move them to my mod only when I need them.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby nivmizzet1 » 28 Mar 2013, 01:45

thefiremind wrote:
nivmizzet1 wrote:also, unfortunately, the file size was too big to upload as a single WAD -- that's why it's in 2 parts. Unless you can recommend somewhere to upload ~500MB...?
Splitting a single WAD is possible if you put it into a splitted ZIP file. Windows can't make a splitted ZIP file natively (I think), but you can use WinZip or WinRAR or 7zip etc... anyway that's not the point: 500 MB?! :shock: How can you reach that size? I guess you aren't resizing nor compressing TDX files... you really should.

nivmizzet1 wrote:But just out of curiosity, do you add all the cards you make to your future DLCs?
No, I keep a folder called "Requests" where I save the cards I make out of requests. I move them to my mod only when I need them.
It's just because I included every card from every mod, although most of them aren't used in my decks. I've re-organised my folders now and I've removed all the files I don't need. The WAD is now only 26MB.
nivmizzet1

Postby nivmizzet1 » 28 Mar 2013, 02:14

Drakno wrote:EDIT: also could you plz upload a wad version of the decks? Gibbed tools always crushes on me, no clue why
OK, done, specially for you :)

The link in the OP is updated with the new file.
nivmizzet1

Re: Nivmizzet1's mod DLC

Postby nivmizzet1 » 28 Mar 2013, 06:41

I just updated the link in the OP with a new file that includes expansion content, so if anybody downloaded before this post and is having trouble then try the new file linked in the OP.
nivmizzet1

Postby nivmizzet1 » 29 Mar 2013, 14:06

Updated the link in the OP.

A new deck -- "Strength In Numbers" -- has been added, and "Fire and Lightning" has been updated with a version modified to be less one-dimensional and more interesting and fun.
nivmizzet1

Postby thedoo » 29 Mar 2013, 22:19

I keep getting a "your deck has been reset to its original configuration due to a required content being unavailable" when I install this mod, once I remove it, it goes away. Any ideas?
thedoo

Postby thefiremind » 29 Mar 2013, 22:47

I made a search for "unavailable" in the forum and found this post:
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=6784&p=92200#p92204
I don't think that the deck IDs used by nivmizzet1 are too big, but they start with "0" which could be the problem. I know that illustrations for Planechase planes give buggy backgrounds under the player's avatar when their art IDs start with either "A" or "0", so I guess that the game doesn't consider numbers starting with "0" as valid integer values for certain things.

In short, my advice is to remove the first "0" from the IDs of this mod and see if it fixes the problem.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby thedoo » 29 Mar 2013, 23:22

thefiremind wrote:I made a search for "unavailable" in the forum and found this post:
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=6784&p=92200#p92204
I don't think that the deck IDs used by nivmizzet1 are too big, but they start with "0" which could be the problem. I know that illustrations for Planechase planes give buggy backgrounds under the player's avatar when their art IDs start with either "A" or "0", so I guess that the game doesn't consider numbers starting with "0" as valid integer values for certain things.

In short, my advice is to remove the first "0" from the IDs of this mod and see if it fixes the problem.
Yeah I saw that post, also, looking at the uid, could it be because the decks and their land pool share the same uid? I remember seeing another post that the land pool uid should be different when I was looking up this error. I'll try changing and see what happens.

EDIT: Yeah that fixed it, didn't have to remove the 0, I just added a 0 to the end of each land pool uid so they were different.
thedoo

Postby thefiremind » 29 Mar 2013, 23:32

thedoo wrote:Yeah I saw that post, also, looking at the uid, could it be because the decks and their land pool share the same uid? I remember seeing another post that the land pool uid should be different when I was looking up this error. I'll try changing and see what happens.

EDIT: Yeah that fixed it, didn't have to remove the 0, I just added a 0 to the end of each land pool uid so they were different.
I didn't check that... I thought we repeated this thing too many times... :roll: :lol:
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby thedoo » 29 Mar 2013, 23:33

Had an issue with Timetwister:
Code: Select all
[lua] [string "TIMETWISTER_3848140_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION) [2143]"]:6: attempt to index local 'player' (a number value)
[lua] [string "TIMETWISTER_3848140_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION) [2144]"]:2:
call parameter mismatch - too many or too few a parameter count declared, method PutInGraveyard in class __Object
Played it really early in the game against an AI, think it was turn 2 or so. No cards in graveyard, not sure if that made it error. But the card itself still worked.
thedoo

Next

Return to 2013