Text Size

Nivmizzet1's mod DLC [14 decks - 2 NEW] -- 10 Jul 2013

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Nivmizzet1's mod DLC

Postby thefiremind » 30 Mar 2013, 00:08

The Timetwister's SPELL_ABILITY should be just:
Code: Select all
    <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
    local num_players = MTG():GetNumberOfPlayers()
    for i=0, num_players-1 do -- here the "-1" was missing
       local player = MTG():GetNthPlayer(i)
       if player ~= nil then
          player:MoveLocalZone( ZONE_HAND, ZONE_LIBRARY )
          player:MoveLocalZone( ZONE_GRAVEYARD, ZONE_LIBRARY )
          player:ShuffleLibrary()
          PlayerDrawCards( player, 7 )
       end
    end
    </RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
PutInGraveyard doesn't want parameters, and apart from that, it's useless because Timetwister will go to the graveyard exactly as planned even without that action. The reminder text is meant to remind the players that they don't get Timetwister back with the other cards, but you don't need to specify that on DotP because the spell abilities all resolve while the spell is on the stack (it will go to the graveyard after resolving).

EDIT: By the way, Timetwister also has wrong CARDNAME ("TIME_REVERSAL" instead of "TIMETWISTER").

EDIT 2: I'm doing a quick browse through the cards' code ("quick" means I could miss a lot of things :wink:) and I noticed something on Hypersonic Dragon:
  <STATIC_ABILITY>
    <CONTINUOUS_ACTION layer="6">
    local Player = EffectController()
    local card = Player:Library_GetNth(0)
    if card ~= nil and card:GetColour():Test( COLOUR_GREEN ) ~= 0 and card:GetCardType():Test( CARD_TYPE_CREATURE ) ~= 0 then
       local characteristics = card:GetCurrentCharacteristics()
       characteristics:Characteristic_Set( CHARACTERISTIC_FLASH, 1 )
    end
    </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
  </STATIC_ABILITY>
With this ability you are basically granting flash to the top card of your library if it's a green creature. I guess you copied it from another card... it's a good thing to include something like this in case you get to play Hypersonic Dragon together with Future Sight or Magus of the Future, but you should adjust the "if" condition like this:
    if card ~= nil and card:GetCardType():Test( CARD_TYPE_SORCERY ) ~= 0 then
--------------------
EDIT 3: Another thing that you couldn't know by yourself (I discovered it not a long time ago) is that Emrakul's protection from colored spells cannot work with that code because COLOUR_COLOURLESS isn't really used in colorless spells. You should use this code:
    <CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
    local filter = Object():GetFilter()
    filter:Clear()
    filter:SetZone( ZONE_STACK )
    for i=1,5 do
       filter:AddColour(i)
    end
    Object():Protection()
    </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
but this code has a visual drawback: it shows all the color protection badges on Emrakul. Anyway, better than not working. There's another thing you have to do if you use this code for Emrakul: remove the line
  <HELP title="MORE_INFO_TITLE_PROTECTION" body="MORE_INFO_BODY_PROTECTION" zone="ZONE_ANY" />
otherwise the game will crash when clicking on "More information" because it can handle a maximum of 10 pages.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby nivmizzet1 » 30 Mar 2013, 07:59

thanks thefiremind and thedo. I've implemented the fixes and will be updating the link shortly.

EDIT: updated
nivmizzet1

Postby Drakno » 31 Mar 2013, 04:46

I've been playing and enjoying the decks a bit and one thing I feel I have to mention is that the blood for the coven deck needs some viscera seers, very often the opponent would just not block my bloodghasts and I could get no counters from the blade while also losing the race due to a faster deck on my opponent's behalf (krenko and odric mostly and some times garruk)
Drakno

Postby nivmizzet1 » 31 Mar 2013, 15:47

Drakno wrote:I've been playing and enjoying the decks a bit and one thing I feel I have to mention is that the blood for the coven deck needs some viscera seers, very often the opponent would just not block my bloodghasts and I could get no counters from the blade while also losing the race due to a faster deck on my opponent's behalf (krenko and odric mostly and some times garruk)
Thanks for the feedback. It's nice to hear that people are playing and enjoying the decks.

Actually, Blood For The Coven is supposed to have 4x Bloodthrone Vampire in it. Thanks for pointing that out. I'm not sure why that's happened, but I'll try to fix it and update my DLC.

EDIT: link in the OP updated with the fix.

EDIT: I just realised also that Lord of Lineage is missing an image. I'll fix it and update the link again. EDIT: Fixed and updated.
nivmizzet1

Postby nivmizzet1 » 31 Mar 2013, 16:49

Hooray! I just got my first T1 win with "Rise of Irindu". Vs Revenge Krenko -- he didn't even get a turn in!
nivmizzet1

Postby Okami2511 » 02 Apr 2013, 20:29

The "your deck has been reset to its original configuration due to a required content being unavailable" bug really annoyed me, but you did a great job fixing it so fast. Plus you did great in reducing the size of your mod....i recall that the first version had a really big filesize and had to be assembled with gibbed tools. "Strenght in Numbers" became one of my favorite decks of all the Mods i downloaded here (maybe add more lands or a way to get them easier? Because i find myself often stuck with just 1 land and end up losing the game because all i have are cards that require 3 or more lands to play.....But maybe that´s just bad luck) ,and i downloaded and tried every single mod that is available here :lol: So thank you for that! =D>
Okami2511

Postby nivmizzet1 » 03 Apr 2013, 12:09

Okami2511 wrote:The "your deck has been reset to its original configuration due to a required content being unavailable" bug really annoyed me, but you did a great job fixing it so fast. Plus you did great in reducing the size of your mod....i recall that the first version had a really big filesize and had to be assembled with gibbed tools. "Strenght in Numbers" became one of my favorite decks of all the Mods i downloaded here (maybe add more lands or a way to get them easier? Because i find myself often stuck with just 1 land and end up losing the game because all i have are cards that require 3 or more lands to play.....But maybe that´s just bad luck) ,and i downloaded and tried every single mod that is available here :lol: So thank you for that! =D>
Thanks Okami. It means a lot that one of my decks could be one of your favourites to play in all the mods out there. As for the fixes, I couldn't have done it without thefiremind! And about the land situation in "Strength in Numbers", I can't say it's been a problem for me, I think it might just take a bit of getting used to. Some tips I'd give are to mulligan aggressively to get a starting hand with at least 2 land (3 is sweet); the deck is so consistent that mulliganing down to 6, or even 5 cards won't do too much damage as long as you have lands in hand, because everything you draw will be gold, and all but 7 cards can be played for 3 mana or less. I also would try to hold of on using the fetches until the last second that you need them (unless you have all the land you need already, then I'd play them as a priority), because they obviously pull land out of the deck which reduces your chances of drawing more. If you're still having problems, I could probably mod a special version just for you -- how much land would you add and what would you replace for it?
nivmizzet1

Postby nivmizzet1 » 07 Apr 2013, 05:17

Updated. Added new deck "The Grind" -- a {U} / {W} control mill deck. Also fixed a couple of cards and added taplands to all dual-color decks.
nivmizzet1

Postby nivmizzet1 » 11 Apr 2013, 11:53

UPDATED: Ajusted Fire and Lightning to be sleaker and more fun to play (again). If it's not obvious, this was one deck that I hadn't previously built; I just threw it together for this mod because I wanted a {U} / {R} deck that was actually semi-decent, unlike what you get in the original game. Having said that, I have the deck how I want now; it has a nice balance and it's not o/p relative to my other decks.
nivmizzet1

Re: Nivmizzet1's mod DLC [9 decks] (last updated 02/05/2013)

Postby nivmizzet1 » 02 May 2013, 12:53

UPDATED: Added new deck "Divine Intervention"; modified some decks; changed the format of the mod from a single download to a core mod download with a separate download for each deck; also gave the OP a facelift.
nivmizzet1

Postby RiiakShiNal » 02 May 2013, 15:44

Regarding your note in the OP for Spectral Procession. The game has limited support for mono-colour hybrid mana costs. The game does recognize {2/W} as 2 colourless or 1 white mana, but it will not display the casting cost icon (same is true of the other colours). I have found no way to add the mono-coloured hybrid icons (I have no problem creating the icons, but I can't get the game to use them). I discovered this a while back when I was looking at coding Reaper King.

Ultimately, I opted to give up on Reaper King (and all other cards that use mono-coloured hybrid mana) because I thought not having the casting cost display would be too confusing for players.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby nivmizzet1 » 03 May 2013, 00:53

RiiakShiNal wrote:Regarding your note in the OP for Spectral Procession. The game has limited support for mono-colour hybrid mana costs. The game does recognize {2/W} as 2 colourless or 1 white mana, but it will not display the casting cost icon (same is true of the other colours). I have found no way to add the mono-coloured hybrid icons (I have no problem creating the icons, but I can't get the game to use them). I discovered this a while back when I was looking at coding Reaper King.

Ultimately, I opted to give up on Reaper King (and all other cards that use mono-coloured hybrid mana) because I thought not having the casting cost display would be too confusing for players.
Interesting. I did try {2/W} at first, but when it wasn't displayed correctly, I didn't even bother testing it. I think I will stick with the current cost though -- it doesn't make a huge difference in this deck, as plains are easily the most common land, and as you say, if I change to mono-color hybrid mana that isn't displayed correctly, then it'll probably be too confusing.
nivmizzet1

Postby RiiakShiNal » 03 May 2013, 01:30

nivmizzet1 wrote:Interesting. I did try {2/W} at first, but when it wasn't displayed correctly, I didn't even bother testing it. I think I will stick with the current cost though -- it doesn't make a huge difference in this deck, as plains are easily the most common land, and as you say, if I change to mono-color hybrid mana that isn't displayed correctly, then it'll probably be too confusing.
That's fine, it's your mod and your implementation decisions, I wasn't trying to change your mind, I just thought you should know. It's always better to have all relevant information when making such decisions.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby nivmizzet1 » 03 May 2013, 08:54

RiiakShiNal wrote:That's fine, it's your mod and your implementation decisions, I wasn't trying to change your mind, I just thought you should know. It's always better to have all relevant information when making such decisions.
You're right, and I'm glad you told me. I appreciate it, thanks.

...although, I'm still deciding, but leaving it as is for now...

EDIT: actually, I think I will be leaving it -- I just remembered that the black in the casting cost serves a double purpose; it's the only card in there now that has black in it's casting cost (since I replaced the single copy of Tragic Slip that I had in there for a third Path to Exile), so I need it to have swamps in there.
nivmizzet1

Postby RiiakShiNal » 03 May 2013, 13:00

nivmizzet1 wrote:it's the only card in there now that has black in it's casting cost (since I replaced the single copy of Tragic Slip that I had in there for a third Path to Exile), so I need it to have swamps in there.
You should be able to forcibly put swamps into the deck using the LandConfig tag and the minSwamp attribute. If you want to manually specify all land for the deck using the LandConfig tag you can specify ignoreCmcOver="0" then use the other min attributes to specify the exact basic lands you want present.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to 2013