It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 21:07

Text Size

Skittering Invason

Moderators: FranAvalon, Marek14, CCGHQ Admins

Skittering Invason

Postby nero » 07 Apr 2014, 20:04

BotArena 1.46.1.0

Not really a bug, but I notices when I'm able to cast Skittering Invasion, the description for the action reads "...and put 3 Eldrazi Spawn tokens onto the battlefield". Should read 5 instead of 3. It actually places 5 on the battlefield, and the pop-up text is correct, though. Not trying to nit-pick, just can cause 'wtf?!' moments for newer players or those who aren't intimately familiar with the cards.

Thanks for all the hard work!

[EDIT] I didn't realize there was an update available - more delicious MTG cards! I updated to 1.47.1.0 and the typo is still there. [/EDIT]
nero

Re: Skittering Invason

Postby Marek14 » 17 Apr 2014, 06:28

nero wrote:BotArena 1.46.1.0

Not really a bug, but I notices when I'm able to cast Skittering Invasion, the description for the action reads "...and put 3 Eldrazi Spawn tokens onto the battlefield". Should read 5 instead of 3. It actually places 5 on the battlefield, and the pop-up text is correct, though. Not trying to nit-pick, just can cause 'wtf?!' moments for newer players or those who aren't intimately familiar with the cards.

Thanks for all the hard work!

[EDIT] I didn't realize there was an update available - more delicious MTG cards! I updated to 1.47.1.0 and the typo is still there. [/EDIT]
It's not really a typo, just an artifact of how the card is programmed. To explain: Wizards have an arcana out (https://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/ ... arcana/612) that explains what kind of Eldrazi Spawn tokens are supposed to be produced by various cards. For Skittering Invasion, it's 3 Ulamog tokens, 1 Emrakul and 1 Kozilek. So that's what I put on the card. But the side effect is that the main effect of the cards produces only 3 tokens and the other 2 are added afterwards.
Marek14
Tester

Re: Skittering Invason

Postby FranAvalon » 17 Apr 2014, 07:18

nero wrote:.....
I will try to upload a new update next sunday, when I come back from a trip.
Thx for reporting ;)
FranAvalon
Programmer

Return to Card Bugs