It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 11:13

Text Size

Pestermite, Deceiver Exarch & Merrow Reejerey

Moderators: FranAvalon, Marek14, CCGHQ Admins

Pestermite, Deceiver Exarch & Merrow Reejerey

Postby FranAvalon » 17 Nov 2012, 09:44

Testing Pestermite revealed some big problems:

First, I tested it when the computer controlled no permanents.

The first thing it did wrong was to put the ability onto the stack with no target. Then I'd choose a target when it resolved, at which point the target would untap if it was tapped, or do nothing if it was untapped. There was no chance to respond after the target is chosen. I tested it with 'All Actions' on.

It was a little different when the computer controlled permanents.

It went onto the stack with no target, as before. But when it resolved, first I got to choose whether to tap or untap a target, then I could choose any target, and my choice of 'tap' or 'untap' would be applied.

So it looks like if the opponent controls no permanents, I don't get a choice of tap or untap -- untap is automatically chosen. And I imagine that if I controlled no permanents, but the opponent had some, I'd only get to choose tap. It's possible for that to happen, but too difficult to set up in a test -- I'd have to cast the Pestermite off a Black Lotus, then somehow kill the Pestermite with the ability on the stack.

I should have to choose a target when it goes on the stack. Then when the ability resolves, I should choose whether to tap or untap the target, just like with the activated 'tap or untap' abilities.

Deceiver Exarch doesn't work correctly either. Its ability also goes on the stack with no target, then the mode and target get chosen on resolution, and there's no chance to respond to that.
FranAvalon
Programmer

Return to Card Bugs