It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 20:06

Text Size

Stangg token tricks

Moderators: FranAvalon, Marek14, CCGHQ Admins

Stangg token tricks

Postby FranAvalon » 17 Nov 2012, 09:47

If I cast a Stangg, stack its ability, then Unsummon it, I get the token, as I should. If I cast Stangg again, then Unsummon it again, I can stack things so its 'exile Stangg Twin' ability kills the existing token before it makes the new token, leaving the new token alive.

It should only destroy the token it created -- there should be no way to end up with a token in that situation. The existing token should remain on the battlefield, and the two tokens should annihilate each other via the legend rule when the new one is created.

Of course, all I did was waste an Unsummon (and a turn), so I don't know if it's a dealbreaker.

The only way I can think of to exploit this bug would be to Flash in Stangg (and Unsummon it) to replace a token that's about to be killed by targeted removal or combat damage. And if I'm Unsummoning and Flashing in token-creating creatures, why wouldn't I use Broodmate Dragon instead?

Since this would likely only happen in some weird Legends/Mirage (or Legends/Sixth Edition) sealed format in which you somehow end up with Stangg, Flash, and two Unsummons or Boomerangs, I don't see this becoming an issue.

Once it's possible to do things like Oblivion Ring that keep track of a specific card, maybe it could be fixed to work properly.

The opposite happens when casting a second Stangg with one already in play. Both Stanggs die from the legend rule, and both their token-killing abilities and the new one's token-creation ability trigger. No matter what, the first token dies. But I should be able to stack the abilities so the new token comes into play after the tokens would be destroyed instead of before.
FranAvalon
Programmer

Return to Card Bugs