It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 23:17

Text Size

Thicket Basilisk Behavior

Moderators: FranAvalon, Marek14, CCGHQ Admins

Thicket Basilisk Behavior

Postby FranAvalon » 17 Nov 2012, 17:06

tyroneaq reported:

Hi! I'm a fairly new user of BotArena. I'm new to MTG for that matter. So I thought it would be a good idea to learn the cards and mechanics from the initial set releases.

I started with UTD (Unlimited) and had someone else create me a relatively good newbie green deck to play with against the AI, which used a mono black deck.

It happens that TB (Thicket Basilisk) doesn't behave according to the rulings as I read them. It's ability doesn't trigger for every non-wall creature blocking it.

In my case, a Will-o'-The-Wisp, which should have been put in the graveyard, as it was my understanding that it would have had to regenerate twice to avoid getting destroyed.

Another blocker is Plague Rats, which obviously should have been destroyed outright.

And lastly, a Frozen Shade, which leveled up P/T enough to destroy my TB. Even then, I knew that it should have been destroyed by my TB's ability.

I read from the previous report that it was fixed. Apparently, it still persists.

I'm using BotArena v1.21.1.0 and was able to reproduce the behavior twice from two successive games.

Unfortunately, as I uninstalled and reinstalled the game to try to fix the behavior thinking it may have been temporary, I am unable to provide the game log.

I initially did not realize there was a game log I can send, until I read some of them here in Mantis among other reported issues.

I will continue to play with the decks and provide the game log if necessary when a similar TB behavior occurs.

Notes
2010-09-13 10:11
I forgot to mention that TB had Web enchantment on it and a Giant Growth instant cast on it.

2010-09-13 20:10
Not sure if its related but my Cockatrice (with Regeneration) blocked a Nightmare (NM) with P/T of 9/9, and it (NM) didn't get destroyed by Cockatrice's ability.
FranAvalon
Programmer

Return to Card Bugs