It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:10

Text Size

Slaughter Pact and meaybe other pacts

Moderators: FranAvalon, Marek14, CCGHQ Admins

Slaughter Pact and meaybe other pacts

Postby travolter » 16 Nov 2012, 20:32

Reported on Slightlymagic by Emfatic link

The computer cast Slaughter Pact on its second turn. Having only 2 mana at the start of its third turn, it couldn't have paid the 2+B mana so should have lost the game. This action was not even triggered, and it continued playing. That's not only a bug, it's bad AI decision making.

My answer on the same board:

Seems that the bug is in the engine and not in the AI/card. Its difficult to track it because the code seems accurate. The best way to found this type of bugs is checking AI plays, because AI always takes advantage of the bugs. I think that the AI checked what would happened on next turn if it cast the spell, and as the engines is bugged, the Pact willn't trigger, so its safe cast it.

AI engine check up to three into the future, that is the reason why our AI is a bit more slower than other AIs, but its more smarter because can create a strategy for next turns, as for example discard a vengevine on its draw, to cast a couple of memnites on its second turn to bring vengevine to play (AI did this to me)
travolter

Return to Engine Bugs