It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 17:34

Text Size

Reya Dawnbringer and Seasoned Marshal

Moderators: FranAvalon, Marek14, CCGHQ Admins

Reya Dawnbringer and Seasoned Marshal

Postby travolter » 16 Nov 2012, 21:24

Reya:

Quote:
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may return target creature card from your graveyard to play.

Seasoned Marshal:

Quote:
Whenever Seasoned Marshal attacks, you may tap target creature.

Quote:
410.5. Some triggered abilities' effects are optional (they contain "may," as in "At the beginning of your upkeep, you may draw a card"). These abilities go on the stack when they trigger, regardless of whether their controller intends to exercise the ability's option or not. The choice is made when the ability resolves. Likewise, triggered abilities that have an effect "unless" something is true or a player chooses to do something will go on the stack normally; the "unless" part of the ability is dealt with when the ability resolves.

Instead of giving me a choice of whether to target something with its ability or ignore its ability when it triggers, this should make me choose a target when it triggers, then have me choose whether to bring it back or not (or tap it or not, for the Marshal) when it resolves.

This probably also affects Anarchist, Gravedigger, and Razormane Masticore. I missed that these are just like Equilibrium, except without the payment, the first time through. I'm pretty sure I already tested Teneb, the Harvester, and he works fine.

The rule:

Quote:
603.5. Some triggered abilities' effects are optional (they contain "may," as in "At the beginning of your upkeep, you may draw a card"). These abilities go on the stack when they trigger, regardless of whether their controller intends to exercise the ability's option or not. The choice is made when the ability resolves. Likewise, triggered abilities that have an effect "unless" something is true or a player chooses to do something will go on the stack normally; the "unless" part of the ability is dealt with when the ability resolves.

Notes
2009-09-16 06:40
This actually affects all optional targeted triggered abilities without a resolution cost.

Targeted triggered abilities with a resolution cost and optional nontargeted triggered abilities all let you choose whether to resolve or ignore them on resolution -- these have you choose a target or ignore them when they'd go on the stack, and there's no option to ignore them on resolution.

The option to ignore these should only be available on resolution. A target should always be chosen, if possible.

2010-05-28 17:36
I have changed this to an engine bug, because this is a general thing and not a card bug, as dinghammer explained.
travolter

Return to Engine Bugs