It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 04:35

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby NEMESiS » 21 Jun 2017, 01:48

Anyone know where I can find the art for Overseer of the Damned? I have looked all over the place for a crop and no luck. :/
NEMESiS

Postby Finnical » 21 Jun 2017, 04:17

My AI opponent was able to use Heliod's ability without tapping mana. He did so non-stop, effectively ending the game.
Finnical

Postby Xander9009 » 21 Jun 2017, 15:52

NEMESiS wrote:Anyone know where I can find the art for Overseer of the Damned? I have looked all over the place for a crop and no luck. :/
It's in the CW. If you want to get the art from a card in the CW (or the base game), there are a few ways of doing so. The easiest will be to right-click the card in the deck builder and export the png crop.

That said, I don't actually know for sure where the CW's copy came from. It might have come from another version of DotP (including Duels), or it might have come from CCGHQ's image team (in which case it'll actually be a scan of a physical card).
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby NEMESiS » 21 Jun 2017, 20:30

I opened all 25 Wads looking for it and didn't see it. :V I will have to look again... I mostly want it because I am trying to make the new archenemy Nicol Bolas deck in 2012.
NEMESiS

Postby Xander9009 » 21 Jun 2017, 22:15

Did you try from the deck builder? Also, the main art wads are handled in alphabetical order, with underscores and special characters tending toward the beginning.

If it's not appearing in your copy, then you can also get it right from the source: the Google Drive loose art folder. Just search it for "OVERSEER_OF_THE_DAMNED", and it should be one of the results. You'll need to convert it from TDX to PNG, though. If you get it from the deck builder, it can automatically convert it for you if you choose the png crop.

EDIT: It's in art wad 17.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby NEMESiS » 21 Jun 2017, 23:12

Yeah I found it (Wad 17). I am not sure why I did not find it when I did a search last night (must have been lack of sleep). Thank you very much!
NEMESiS

Postby nivmizzet1 » 23 Jun 2017, 04:35

[lua] [string "KNIGHT_OF_THE_HOLY_NIMBUS_CW_118907_TITLE (CONTINUOUS_ACTION)~0x000004c0"]:3: attempt to index global 'EffectSource' (a function value)
nivmizzet1

Postby nivmizzet1 » 23 Jun 2017, 13:18

Odric, Master Tactician doesn't seem to be working, unless there's something I'm missing. It won't let me assign blockers; creatures light up like I can select them, but nothing happens when I do, and despite all my efforts to assign them, when I press continue nothing blocks.
nivmizzet1

Postby fallenangle » 23 Jun 2017, 14:58

The function that enabled Odric to work in 2013, SetBlockController, is broken in 2014 and will never work properly. You aren't missing anything. He's just impossible to code properly (although perhaps not impossible to approximate).
fallenangle

Postby nivmizzet1 » 23 Jun 2017, 15:43

fallenangle wrote:The function that enabled Odric to work in 2013, SetBlockController, is broken in 2014 and will never work properly. You aren't missing anything. He's just impossible to code properly (although perhaps not impossible to approximate).
:(

what would be your suggestions for approximating it?
nivmizzet1

Postby fallenangle » 23 Jun 2017, 16:55

Xander spoke to me once about implementing protection functions that would enable cards to force other cards to block target creatures, assuming the creatures could legally block them. I don't think he's had time to do this, yet. If he did, you could give Odric an ability that removed Shroud and Hexproof until it resolved and didn't cause the BECAME_TARGET_OF_ABILITY Trigger to fire (or, if that didn't work, to lose all abilities until it resolved), which would force defending creature A to block attacking creature B, or to make attacking creature C unblockable. This would have to be activated for each creature you wanted to "control," or else be a triggered ability that worked after attackers were assigned. It would be somewhat difficult to code and tedious to use; but in theory it would be possible.
fallenangle

Postby Splinterverse » 24 Jun 2017, 08:29

Xander9009 wrote:The AI casts other cards from exile, though, I think. I'd need to check, but I'm pretty sure it handles it relatively alright it most cases. The only other zone that might even come close to working would be the graveyard, but even that could cause a lot of issues. While there are only a tiny handful of things that affect exiled cards, there are hundreds that affect the graveyard.
I'm thinking if you confirm that the AI isn't casting commanders from exile, perhaps the solution is to use the battlefield for command zone BUT also change the card type when in the command zone. Maybe they could become emblems or something similar? That way they wouldn't be able to be removed and hopefully wouldn't interfere with other cards any more than the emblems do.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby Finnical » 25 Jun 2017, 06:09

Throne of the High City does not create a Monarch token when sacrificed.
Finnical

Postby Xander9009 » 25 Jun 2017, 06:13

Finnical wrote:Throne of the High City does not create a Monarch token when sacrificed.
Fixed.

nivmizzet1 wrote:[lua] [string "KNIGHT_OF_THE_HOLY_NIMBUS_CW_118907_TITLE (CONTINUOUS_ACTION)~0x000004c0"]:3: attempt to index global 'EffectSource' (a function value)
Fixed.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 25 Jun 2017, 06:23

A few interesting rule changes that might be worth noting...

400.7i Madness has been added as an exception to the rule stating that objects changing zones have no knowledge of their previous zone's instance. The game is able to track madness-exiled cards when they hit the graveyard. I don't know which specific cards this would affect, but the rule states that cards referencing a discarded card will be able to find the exiled card when it goes to the graveyard. Necropotence and Pitchstone Wall are the only cards I know of that will be affected. They need to track a card that is discarded all the way to the graveyard, but if that card is exiled instead of going to the graveyard, they wouldn't originally have done anything more. Since the card didn't make it to the graveyard originally, they don't do anything with a non-cast madness card. However, with the rule change, they would be able to track the discarded/exiled card all the way to the graveyard. I'm not sure how to code this off the top of my head, but I'm mostly curious if anyone knows of any other cards that should be affected.

Reflexive Triggered Abilities: these are essentially delayed triggered abilities that happen when you do or don't do something. Heart-Piercer Manticore is the example given. When it enters the battlefield, it creates a delayed trigger. When you sacrifice the creature, it immediately triggers. To be honest, I'm not entirely grasping how this is different from a normal delayed trigger, since that delayed trigger would trigger immediately upon sacrificing something else anyway, but if anyone understand the subtleties here, it'd be nice to have a clarification. I don't know if this will change any cards we currently have, but it does mention that you should be able to respond both before and after the sacrifice.

616.1f - Doubling of token creation happens before "as this enters the battlefield" effects. Anointed Procession, Doubling Season, Parallel Lives, and Primal Vigor need to be given a higher priority than anything that might enter as a token with "as this enters" effects.
Xander9009
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to 2014