It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 07:28

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby Finnical » 20 Jan 2018, 05:02

Bug: Jarad's Orders only allows you to tutor for a card, not place one in your graveyard.
Finnical

Postby Parabolic » 20 Jan 2018, 06:30

Twilight Prophet will put a card into your hand once you have the city's blessing, but it does cause any life loss/gain.

EDIT:
Finnical wrote:Bug: Jarad's Orders only allows you to tutor for a card, not place one in your graveyard.
I've had a deck built around Jarad's Orders for some time. I went and tested it just now and it works fine.

I will admit that the AI will often only tutor for a card to their hand and skip the graveyard, even if it is to their benefit, but the AI does all sorts of wacky things.

EDIT 2:
Forerunner of the Empire routinely crashes the game when using its search ability.
Frilled Deathspitter does not trigger its Enraged ability.
Parabolic

Postby NEMESiS » 20 Jan 2018, 19:59

Did the Ixalan art get removed? What wad has them I downloaded the current ones and its gone.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it.

BTW; here is an image of Storm Fleet Sprinter since we don't have one right now:

| Open

Vance's Blasting Cannons is still not letting me cast the spell exiled.

Menace is not working on Kari Zev, Skyship Raider.
Last edited by NEMESiS on 20 Jan 2018, 22:37, edited 2 times in total.
NEMESiS

Postby Splinterverse » 20 Jan 2018, 21:08

NEMESiS wrote:BTW; here is an image of Storm Fleet Sprinter since we don't have one right now:

| Open
I have converted this and uploaded it. We had art for it but it was misspelled so it wasn't showing up. Thanks for the HQ version.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby fallenangle » 20 Jan 2018, 22:33

I looked at the code for Vance's Blasting Cannons, and I'm pretty sure that the line " origin_controller_can_use="1" " is what's preventing you from using it. That line grants you the ability to cast cards and use abilities if they AREN'T in your [active zone], but rather in some other player's. The game is probably assuming, incorrectly, that another player should be using the ability, even though the ability hasn't been granted by another player's card. I would imagine that this is the problem, but I could be wrong.

Edit: The Menace issue is not confined to Kari-Zev. Several cards, including Dreamstealer, also suffer from it. The function may be broken.
Last edited by fallenangle on 20 Jan 2018, 22:57, edited 1 time in total.
fallenangle

Postby NEMESiS » 20 Jan 2018, 22:56

Forerunner of the Coalitions ETB ability crashes the game.

Itlimoc, Cradle of the Sun produces mana for each creature but it does not keep it in pool, uses it all in one spell.

Drover of the Mighty is still tapping itself when switching color and does not add mana until the next turn when it untaps.
NEMESiS

Postby Parabolic » 22 Jan 2018, 15:01

Kheru Mind-Eater does not exile cards.

EDIT:
Beast Within is now destroying a permanent and then creating a token for Beast Within's controller, not the permanent's.
Last edited by Parabolic on 23 Jan 2018, 02:28, edited 2 times in total.
Parabolic

Postby NEMESiS » 23 Jan 2018, 01:18

Fertile Thicket its missing == Flase to check for basic land and its also missing its cleanup text.

Land Grant is missing the clean up text.

Edit: Profane Procession does not transform with 3+ creatures exiled.

Edit2: Seems that land cards like Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx and Myriad Landscape have an issue that they consider their own mana production into its 2nd tap ability (meaning they can activate with just 2 lands on the battlefield). Works fine with the manual tap version. In 2012 I had the same issue with Naya Panorama and I add this to fix the issue:

Code: Select all
   <AVAILABILITY>
    return Object():GetController():CanAfford("{2}", nil) == 1
    </AVAILABILITY>
I guess for those two cards would be 3 but not sure if the code for 2014 is different.
NEMESiS

Postby Splinterverse » 26 Jan 2018, 17:48

BUG REPORT: Autumn's Veil is in the CW but there is no code in the XML file beyond the card text. I'm not sure it's possible given the the SPELL_BEING_COUNTERED trigger does not allow for SecondaryObject().
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Parabolic » 26 Jan 2018, 22:25

Where does CW_TOKENS_ONLY_USE_ONE_TOKEN need to be located for it to work? It's getting tiresome to try to find a creature with an activated ability under a board of identical zombie tokens that won't stack because they were given a random art.
Parabolic

Postby NEMESiS » 27 Jan 2018, 04:23

Infernal Tribute allows you to sacrifice token permanents, Demonic Pact is missing the cleanup text. Twilight Prophet does not make the opponent lose life when you reveal the top card of your library.
NEMESiS

Postby Parabolic » 28 Jan 2018, 07:00

Abilities of Nissa, Sage Animist can no longer be activated.
Parabolic

Postby Splinterverse » 28 Jan 2018, 15:47

Thank you all for the bug reports. We really appreciate it.

I have taken care of the ones that I can and made a consolidated list of the ones I can't for Xander (or others) to look into.

Fixed but not tested:

Beast Within (original report; reported by Parabolic)
Demonic Pact (original report; reported by NEMESiS)
Fertile Thicket (original report; reported by NEMESiS)
Forerunner of the Coalitions (original report; reported by NEMESiS)
Forerunner of the Empire (original report; reported by Parabolic)
Frilled Deathspitter (original report; reported by Parabolic)
Infernal Tribute (original report; reported by NEMESiS)
Land Grant (original report; reported by NEMESiS)

The issue with the Forerunners was affecting all of them; all should work when the next CW update is released.

Might be fixed / Need testing

Vance's Blasting Cannons (reported by NEMESiS) -- I changed one minor thing that might have fixed it, but I'm not sure. I didn't go with Fallenangle's suggestion because the same code is used on Abbot of Keral Keep and it works (last time I played it anyway). If the change I made doesn't fix it, it might be some interaction with the flip code.

Not addressed or fixed

Autumn's Veil -- it's in the CW but there is no code in the XML file beyond the card text. I'm not sure it's possible given the the SPELL_BEING_COUNTERED trigger does not allow for SecondaryObject() (as reported by Splinterverse)

Itlimoc, Cradle of the Sun -- produces mana for each creature but it does not keep it in pool, uses it all in one spell. (as reported by NEMESiS)

Drover of the Mighty -- still tapping itself when switching color and does not add mana until the next turn when it untaps. (as reported by NEMESiS)

Kheru Mind-Eater -- does not exile cards (as reported by Parabolic)

Menace function may be broken -- see report

Nissa, Sage Animist -- abilities can no longer be actived (as reported by Parabolic)

Nykthos, Shrine to Nyx / Myriad Landscape and other similar tap lands -- see report

Profane Procession -- does not transform with 3+ creatures exiled (as reported by NEMESiS)

Twilight Prophet -- does not make the opponent lose life when you reveal the top card of your library (as reported by NEMESiS)
Last edited by Splinterverse on 29 Jan 2018, 10:52, edited 1 time in total.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Parabolic » 28 Jan 2018, 16:57

Sorin, Solemn Visitor ignores Doubling Season a bit too much: his ability to create a token will only create one token no matter how many Doubling Seasons you control.

For the record, I'm using the Doubling Season out of the community wad, rather than the one in the game's DLC. I haven't tested the DLC one.
Parabolic

Postby Xander9009 » 29 Jan 2018, 06:22

I realized that the issue with the auto-tap mana sources entering the battlefield without being set to any color was because of the change to ObjectDC instead of LinkedDC. The initial color is chosen during ZONECHANGE_TRANSITION. LinkedDC is valid through a zongechange, but ObjectDC isn't unless it's protected. They've been given an extra line to protect the oDC right after choosing the color so the random choice is preserved until it actually gets to the battlefield. I only tested it with Savannah, but the exact same treatment was given to all auto-tap cards with the newest mana choice functions (those that you can activate to choose to produce a color manually, or set it to auto-tap for a color, or set it not to auto-tap).

----

EDIT: Also fixed Jace, Vryn's Prodigy//Jace, Telepath Unbound. Note, if a transformed planeswalker would create an emblem, make sure to include the two parameters in PLW_Emblem(). Without the name parameter, the code tries the front face's name if the card's transformation resets by the time it resolves. E.g., if you remove all loyalty counters to activate the emblem-creating ability, it'll fail.
Code: Select all
PLW_Emblem(EffectController(), "EMBLEM_[CARDNAME]")
I should have noticed this previously, but didn't. Arlinn Kord//Arlinn, Embraced by the Moon and Liliana, Heretical Healer//Liliana, Defiant Necromancer have also been fixed.
Xander9009
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to 2014