It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 12:11

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby Xander9009 » 09 Feb 2018, 01:30

I fixed these two now (but not the missing query text).

EDIT
Also, I've been absent for a few days and probably won't be active again until the 13th. I've been distracted by a new thing I'm working on for Skyrim (a visual MCM creator program). It's nearly done, but I'll be busy tomorrow, and then working the next few days. But I will get back to fixing the bugs eventually.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby BloodReyvyn » 16 Feb 2018, 09:55

Found errors in 2 other cards (I know your busy, just logging it here or I'll forget).

A copy of Sprout Swarm kept its Convoke cost paid after casting it a number of times with the kicker, making it possible to play it an infinite number of times for {0}.

Nemata, Grove Guardian 's second ability doesn't buff your Saprolings. I opened it up and added the filter id, but haven't had time to actually test it.

Two other thing, just to note. First, there's something causing the game to hang and crash in one of my decks, but the last dump it created was completely blank, so I have no idea what card is having issues.

The other is that Kozilek's Channeller and Breaker of armies occasionally just lose all of their abilities upon opening the game's deck editor with the deck I made using them. I thought it might be just a visual bug, but sure enough, the error exists in-game afterwards and the game locks up on a loading screen after the match ends.
"There's an experience worse than blindness - it's the certainty that your vision is perfect and the horror that there's no world around you to see."
BloodReyvyn

Postby Zambooo » 17 Feb 2018, 16:51

I just wanna report that Braid of Fire does not add any mana when paying it's Upkeep Cost.
Zambooo

Postby fallenangle » 17 Feb 2018, 22:19

Fraying Sanity mills the player whenever a card is put into ANY graveyard, not just the targeted player's, as the card demands.
fallenangle

Postby fallenangle » 18 Feb 2018, 19:29

My game crashes very frequently with the latest updates to the CW. I have a suspicion this is related to the land update Xander did some weeks ago, but I can't be sure.
fallenangle

Postby Splinterverse » 18 Feb 2018, 19:35

fallenangle wrote:My game crashes very frequently with the latest updates to the CW. I have a suspicion this is related to the land update Xander did some weeks ago, but I can't be sure.
I find that most crashes are due to one of two things:

-- too many decks (I think 200 is about the max before there's a crash every once in a while; the game will allow for many more decks to be included, but the performance gets worse the higher you go)

-- a particular card (take note of which deck(s) you were playing when the crash occurred and upload them here so we can try and recreate the issue).

Keep in mind that when there is a crash, the SCRIPT_LOG.txt file may still have relevant data in it. The game writes to that log throughout the session, but it only displays it on exit if you didn't crash. Try finding that file and looking after a crash to see if there are any card errors shown. That might be the cause.

Aside from that, the game will crash on open if any of your decks are missing a card file. If that happens, open the deck editor and see if any cards are listed as missing. To fix it, you can open and re-save those decks OR find the missing card file and add it back end. This is particularly an issue when card files have been renamed.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby fallenangle » 18 Feb 2018, 19:48

There are a number of cards in the CW, like Conqueror's Galleon//Conqueror's Foothold, that are outright broken in the CW. I've tried to fix them on my own, so something I did may be the cause.

That said, I can't remember where my game actually keeps the script logs, so I can't see any errors until the game is exited and doesn't crash, which now rarely happens. Xander remarked once to me that my version of the game seemed particularly prone to crashing, so that may be the case still. I'll just have to be patient until he returns, I guess.
fallenangle

Postby Splinterverse » 18 Feb 2018, 19:50

fallenangle wrote:There are a number of cards in the CW, like Conqueror's Galleon//Conqueror's Foothold, that are outright broken in the CW. I've tried to fix them on my own, so something I did may be the cause.

That said, I can't remember where my game actually keeps the script logs, so I can't see any errors until the game is exited and doesn't crash, which now rarely happens. Xander remarked once to me that my version of the game seemed particularly prone to crashing, so that may be the case still. I'll just have to be patient until he returns, I guess.
If you're playing a deck with the Conqueror's Galleon that you fixed that could be the issue.

But, here's where you look for your files:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\... where "..." is replaced with the folder that you put your modded copy in.

The path might be slightly different for you (like no x86 for example), but it should be fairly similar.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 19 Feb 2018, 21:59

NEMESiS wrote:Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth also doesn't work correctly (forgot to mention it...), it doesn't add the basic type to lands like Terrain Generator. The card that works correctly in adding land type is Spreading Seas.

EDIT: Voices from the Void can hit you for 6 even though there are only 4 land types on the other side.
I intend to get started tonight on fixing the various bugs I've got listed out, but while reviewing the posts, I noticed an issue with this post: Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth should not make a land basic. It is only supposed to add the Swamp subtype, and any card that cares about the Swamp subtype should properly work with it. However, according to the rulings on the card's page, it does not change any other attribute of the card:
Urborg’s ability causes each land on the battlefield to have the land type Swamp. Each land thus has the ability “{T}: Add Black to your mana pool.” Nothing else changes about those lands, including their names, other subtypes, other abilities, and whether they’re legendary or basic.
If you discover any card not working properly with the card, feel free to report those card, but it doesn't affect a land's basic-status.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby NEMESiS » 20 Feb 2018, 16:41

I guess I worded that incorrectly... it doesn’t give the card the swamp type or make it produce {B}. Thanks for the clarification.
NEMESiS

Postby Xander9009 » 20 Feb 2018, 18:06

Ok. Then it's not working right. It shouldn't make it a swamp becahse that woukd cause the engine bug, but it shouls make it so anything that looks for the swamp subtype returns true, making all lands appear to be swamps, even if they don't actually have the subtype. However, they shoukd also fet the ability to manually tap for black mana, and if that's not working then it's broken. I'll look into it today.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 20 Feb 2018, 18:49

I checked into it and it was adding the ability to manually tap for {B} properly, but it wasn't properly making all lands count as swamps. Instead, it made all cards that checked the number of swamps return 0. There was a type where it tried to make the filters look for the subtype "CARD_TYPE_LAND", which is obviously a card type, not a subtype. Fixed and tested. Also fixed Sima Yi, Wei Field Marshal which wasn't coded to understand Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 23 Feb 2018, 00:16

Fixed:
Sarkhan's Triumph - Query text
Nemata, Grove Guardian - Wasn't buffing saprolings.
Fraying Sanity - Was counting cards going to all graveyards.
Voices from the Void - Wasn't properly counting basic land types.
Search for Azcanta//Azcanta, the Sunken Ruin - Ignored 7-card requirement. Backside ability was free and not restricted to non-land, non-creatures.
Growing Rites of Itlimoc//Itlimoc, Cradle of the Sun - Was only producing auto-tap mana. Now, it should work like the updated dual lands do: allow you to auto-tap or manually tap.
Zacama, Primal Calamity - Wasn't obeying "if you cast it" restriction.
Kheru Mind-Eater - Wasn't exiling cards (technically, was only allowing player to choose lands).
fallenangle wrote:
NEMESiS wrote:Huatli, Warrior Poet - The issues noted were fixed, but her ultimate is currently failing to prevent blocking.
I just checked Chandra, Pyromaster, which used to have the same problem but had been fixed, and it's also missing the code, which should be:

Code: Select all
    <CONTINUOUS_ACTION layer="8">
        local target_creature = EffectDC():Get_Targets(1):Get_CardPtr(0)
        if target_creature ~= nil then
            local characteristics = target_creature:GetCurrentCharacteristics()
           characteristics:Bool_Set( CHARACTERISTIC_CANT_BLOCK, 1 )
        end
    </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
    <DURATION simple_duration="UntilEOT" />
Just change Huatli's "target_creature" to whatever the chest is that it calls, and you should be fine.
Previously, I said the card should only prevent them from blocking if they were actually dealt damage, but that's not true for Chandra. She's fixed, now.

Huatli, Warrior Poet - This might be the most cobbled together card I've made this year. It's super clunky because of a bunch of issues I kept running into, but it works, and it correctly follows the rules as far as I can tell. The game won't let you pay the cost before choosing targets, we can't easily determine if a card can target another (at least until my protection functions are implemented across all cards), number choices don't allow displaying a card alongside them, damage assignment targets don't obey the "up to" flag, and removing a delayed trigger in the same RTA in which it should have been fired *after* the fire event should have been called and put on the stack retroactively removes it from the stack (normally okay except I needed a different instance for an indefinite number of targets, which means a loop within a single RTA needs to handle both). BUT IT WORKS (I hope... lol).
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby aidscoi168 » 23 Feb 2018, 03:04

Path of Discovery not giving counter for creature explore but itself ( explore trigger work but the counters stay in POD )
Charging Tuskodon not deal double amount of damage that dealt to player
Conqueror's Galleon text for crew still wrong ( 4 not 1 ) but the card working properly with crew 4
aidscoi168

Postby aidscoi168 » 23 Feb 2018, 13:25

Conqueror's foothold just have first ability tap for 1 colorless mana, also it's kind of trigger when my Bellowing Aegisaur trigger Enrage, the land untap itself.
aidscoi168

PreviousNext

Return to 2014