It is currently 06 Jun 2024, 04:53

Text Size

Eldritch Moon - Development - Coded(158/195) Art(164/205)

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Eldritch Moon - CW Development

Postby Splinterverse » 10 Sep 2016, 21:38

@Xander9009

On Dusk Feaster, I am getting this error:

Code: Select all
[lua] [string "DUSK_FEASTER_CW_414383_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x0000055d"]:3: attempt to call global 'CW_Abilities_Delirium' (a nil value)
This is how the code appears in that section:
<RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
         if TriggerObject() ~= nil then
            if CW_Abilities_Delirium() then
               TriggerObject():DecreaseCost( 2 )
            end
         end
      </RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
My guess is that it is not recognizing CW_Abilities_Delirium. Maybe because I am doing this out of my custom folder. Would that make it unable to access the CW_Abilities_Delirium function? I do have all the community wads, etc., in the game folder itself.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 10 Sep 2016, 21:44

Is your CW up to date? CW_Abilities_Delirium() was renamed from CW_General_Delirium() a couple of days ago. If you haven't downloaded the latest one, that might be your problem. For now, I'd just go ahead and upload. It can be marked as coded but not tested (like all of mine currently are), and it can be tested later after you've updated.

Also, I'm now done with green cards. I'm done for the day, though.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 10 Sep 2016, 22:12

Xander9009 wrote:Is your CW up to date? CW_Abilities_Delirium() was renamed from CW_General_Delirium() a couple of days ago. If you haven't downloaded the latest one, that might be your problem. For now, I'd just go ahead and upload. It can be marked as coded but not tested (like all of mine currently are), and it can be tested later after you've updated.

Also, I'm now done with green cards. I'm done for the day, though.
I have the latest CW wad and art wad. Are those the ones that would be affected? I download them manually instead of using the auto updater.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 10 Sep 2016, 22:23

Just the core is needed for functions and stuff, but yeah. I just checked, and the function is working on my end, and it's definitely in the CW. Just in case the CW hasn't actually repacked since it was changed, I'm forcing it to repack now. It'll be up soon if you really want to test it.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 10 Sep 2016, 22:57

Xander9009 wrote:Just the core is needed for functions and stuff, but yeah. I just checked, and the function is working on my end, and it's definitely in the CW. Just in case the CW hasn't actually repacked since it was changed, I'm forcing it to repack now. It'll be up soon if you really want to test it.
Finished for today.

Here's what else I was able to code, test, upload:
Gavony Unhallowed
Graf Harvest

A note on Graf Harvest, it does apply Menace to all Zombies, but it doesn't put the Menace symbol on the cards. I'm guessing I need to add something to the .xml for that, but I can't figure out what it is. It definitely applies menace though because I tested it repeatedly.

I've got Haunted Dead mostly done, but I can't for the life of me figure out what I am missing for it's Spirit token effect on entering the battlefield. The graveyard bit works, but not the Spirit token. Here's my current code: http://pastebin.com/FR2XHshn

Also, I found some higher res art for an older card (not EMN). Can I upload it in the same spot or does it need to go elsewhere?

Still fighting with Heron's Grace Champion. I will try to re-test Dusk Feaster with the CW Wad update in the morning.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 10 Sep 2016, 23:29

TOKEN_SPIRIT_C_1_1_W_F_1 should say TOKEN_SPIRIT_C_1_1_W_F_CW_1 (It's missing "CW")

Menace doesn't have a badge. It was made after DotP 2014, and we can't add new badges. We could theoretically replace badges, but the engine contains the code for the badges.

For Heron's Grace Champion, I just tested the code you posted the first time with only "FE_TYPE" changed to "FE_SUBTYPE". No other changes. It worked like it should.

Also, the CW finished uploading awhile ago. Ignore the errors for now.

EDIT: Oh, and yes. All art can go in that folder.

Heron's Grace Champion | Open
This only has the one line changed and worked. (well, I also removed my name from the editors section).
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<CARD_V2 ExportVersion="1">
    <FILENAME text="HERONS_GRACE_CHAMPION_CW_414490" />
    <CARDNAME text="HERONS_GRACE_CHAMPION" />
    <TITLE>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Heron’s Grace Champion]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Champion de la Grâce du héron]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Campeón de la Gracia de las Garzas]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Champion des Reiherschwarms]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Campione della Grazia dell’Airone]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[優雅な鷺の勇者]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[왜가리의 은총을 받은 기사]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Воитель Милости Цапли]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Campeão de Graça das Garças]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="zh-CN"><![CDATA[苍鹭风华斗士]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="zh-HK"><![CDATA[蒼鷺風華鬥士]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    </TITLE>
    <MULTIVERSEID value="414490" />
    <ARTID value="HERONS_GRACE_CHAMPION" />
    <ARTIST name="Todd Lockwood" />
    <CASTING_COST cost="{2}{G}{W}" />
    <FLAVOURTEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Sigarda was the last uncorrupted archangel, but she would not have to fight alone.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Sigarda était le dernier archange épargné par la corruption, mais elle n’aurait pas à se battre seule.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Sigarda era el último arcángel incorrupto, pero no pelearía sola.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Sigarda war der letzte reine Erzengel, und sie würde nicht alleine kämpfen müssen.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Sigarda era l’ultimo arcangelo integro, ma non avrebbe combattuto da sola.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[シガルダは堕ちていない最後の大天使だったが、たった一人で戦う必要はなかった。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[시가르다는 타락하지 않은 마지막 대천사였다. 하지만 이제 그녀는 혼자 싸우지 않을 것이다.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Архангел Сигарда была последней, кого не тронула порча, но ей не пришлось сражаться в одиночку.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Sigarda era o último arcanjo não corrompido, mas não precisaria lutar sozinha.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="zh-CN"><![CDATA[席嘉妲是仅存未堕落的大天使,但她不会孤军奋战。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="zh-HK"><![CDATA[席嘉妲是僅存未墮落的大天使,但她不會孤軍奮戰。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    </FLAVOURTEXT>
    <TYPE metaname="Creature" />
    <SUB_TYPE metaname="Human" />
    <SUB_TYPE metaname="Knight" />
    <EXPANSION value="EMN" />
    <RARITY metaname="R" />
    <POWER value="3" />
    <TOUGHNESS value="3" />
    <STATIC_ABILITY>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Flash]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Flash]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Destello.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Aufblitzen]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Lampo]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[瞬速]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[섬광]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Миг]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Lampejo]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <INTRINSIC characteristic="CHARACTERISTIC_FLASH" />
    </STATIC_ABILITY>
    <STATIC_ABILITY>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Lifelink]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Lien de vie]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Vínculo vital.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Lebensverknüpfung]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Legame vitale]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[絆魂]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[생명연결]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Цепь жизни]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Vínculo com a vida]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <INTRINSIC characteristic="CHARACTERISTIC_LIFELINK" />
    </STATIC_ABILITY>
    <TRIGGERED_ABILITY>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[When Heron’s Grace Champion enters the battlefield, other Humans you control get +1/+1 and gain lifelink until end of turn.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Quand le Champion de la Grâce du héron arrive sur le champ de bataille, les autres humains que vous contrôlez gagnent +1/+1 et acquièrent le lien de vie jusqu’à la fin du tour.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Cuando el Campeón de la Gracia de las Garzas entre al campo de batalla, los otros Humanos que controlas obtienen +1/+1 y ganan la habilidad de vínculo vital hasta el final del turno.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Wenn der Champion des Reiherschwarms ins Spiel kommt, erhalten andere Menschen, die du kontrollierst, +1/+1 und Lebensverknüpfung bis zum Ende des Zuges.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Quando il Campione della Grazia dell’Airone entra nel campo di battaglia, gli altri Umani che controlli prendono +1/+1 e hanno legame vitale fino alla fine del turno.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[優雅な鷺の勇者が戦場に出たとき、ターン終了時まで、あなたがコントロールする他の人間は+1/+1の修整を受けるとともに絆魂を得る。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[왜가리의 은총을 받은 기사가 전장에 들어올 때, 당신이 조종하는 다른 인간들은 턴종료까지 +1/+1을 받고 생명연결을 얻는다.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Когда Воитель Милости Цапли выходит на поле битвы, другие перманенты с типом Человек под вашим контролем получают +1/+1 и Цепь жизни до конца хода.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Quando Campeão de Graça das Garças entra no campo de batalha, os outros Humanos que você controla recebem +1/+1 e ganham vínculo com a vida até o final do turno.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="zh-CN"><![CDATA[当苍鹭风华斗士进战场时,直到回合结束,由你操控的其他人类得+1/+1且获得系命异能。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="zh-HK"><![CDATA[當蒼鷺風華鬥士進戰場時,直到回合結束,由你操控的其他人類得+1/+1且獲得繫命異能。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
        <TRIGGER value="ZONECHANGE_END" simple_qualifier="self" to_zone="ZONE_BATTLEFIELD" />
        <FILTER filter_id="0">
            local filter = ClearFilter()
            filter:Add( FE_SUBTYPE, OP_IS, CREATURE_TYPE_HUMAN  )
            filter:Add( FE_CONTROLLER, OP_IS, EffectController())
        </FILTER>
        <CONTINUOUS_ACTION layer="6" filter_id="0">
            if FilteredCard() ~= nil then
                FilteredCard():GetCurrentCharacteristics():Bool_Set(CHARACTERISTIC_LIFELINK, 1)
            end
        </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
        <CONTINUOUS_ACTION layer="7C" filter_id="0">
            if FilteredCard() ~= nil then
                local Characteristics = FilteredCard():GetCurrentCharacteristics()
                Characteristics:Power_Add(1)
                Characteristics:Toughness_Add(1)
            end
        </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
        <DURATION simple_duration="UntilEOT" />
    </TRIGGERED_ABILITY>
    <HELP title="MORE_INFO_BADGE_TITLE_12" body="MORE_INFO_BADGE_BODY_12" zone="ZONE_ANY" />
    <HELP title="MORE_INFO_BADGE_TITLE_4" body="MORE_INFO_BADGE_BODY_4" zone="ZONE_ANY" />
    <SFX text="COMBAT_BLUNT_LARGE_ATTACK" power_boundary_min="4" power_boundary_max="-1" />
    <SFX text="COMBAT_BLUNT_SMALL_ATTACK" power_boundary_min="1" power_boundary_max="3" />
    <AUTHOR><![CDATA[Splinterverse]]></AUTHOR>
    <EDITORS><![CDATA[Splinterverse]]></EDITORS>
    <DATE><![CDATA[10-09-16]]></DATE>
</CARD_V2>
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 11 Sep 2016, 11:15

Xander9009 wrote:TOKEN_SPIRIT_C_1_1_W_F_1 should say TOKEN_SPIRIT_C_1_1_W_F_CW_1 (It's missing "CW")

Menace doesn't have a badge. It was made after DotP 2014, and we can't add new badges. We could theoretically replace badges, but the engine contains the code for the badges.

For Heron's Grace Champion, I just tested the code you posted the first time with only "FE_TYPE" changed to "FE_SUBTYPE". No other changes. It worked like it should.

Also, the CW finished uploading awhile ago. Ignore the errors for now.

EDIT: Oh, and yes. All art can go in that folder.
Cool. Thanks, Xander!

I will fix the Haunted Dead and try it again. I'm resuming work on the black cards.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Splinterverse » 11 Sep 2016, 15:24

Xander9009 wrote:Just the core is needed for functions and stuff, but yeah. I just checked, and the function is working on my end, and it's definitely in the CW. Just in case the CW hasn't actually repacked since it was changed, I'm forcing it to repack now. It'll be up soon if you really want to test it.
I downloaded the latest WAD this morning and I'm getting this error on the new Delirium cards I've coded:

[lua] [string "THRABEN_FOULBLOODS_CW_414404_TITLE (CONTINUOUS_ACTION)~0x00000261"]:3: attempt to call global 'CW_General_Delirium' (a nil value)
[lua] [string "STRANGE_AUGMENTATION_CW_414401_TITLE (CONTINUOUS_ACTION)~0x0000025b"]:3: attempt to call global 'CW_General_Delirium' (a nil value)
So I'm not sure the change from Abilities to General is working for me. I will keep testing since I have other stuff to check any way.

Also, I'm using AstroGrep to Grep through cards in the Wad and I've found 25+ cards with Abilities instead of General. Should I fix those and re-upload or is there any reason to retain the Abilities ones?

EDIT: I just opened CW_GENERAL.LOL that was in my game folder and it doesn't contain "Delirium" when I search.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 11 Sep 2016, 15:39

They should say CW_Abilities_Delirium(). General was the old name. That's why CW_General_Delirium() is throwing that error.

Xander9009 wrote:CW_Abilities_Delirium() was renamed from CW_General_Delirium()...
Those errors are actually a sign that the new name for the function is now working. Normally, functions don't get renamed, so that kind of issue is actually really rare. I just had to rename that one and a few others because they were being collected into their own set of functions to keep them separate and easy to find.

Although, now I know how I should handle it in the future...
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 11 Sep 2016, 15:57

Xander9009 wrote:They should say CW_Abilities_Delirium(). General was the old name. That's why CW_General_Delirium() is throwing that error.

Xander9009 wrote:CW_Abilities_Delirium() was renamed from CW_General_Delirium()...
Those errors are actually a sign that the new name for the function is now working. Normally, functions don't get renamed, so that kind of issue is actually really rare. I just had to rename that one and a few others because they were being collected into their own set of functions to keep them separate and easy to find.

Although, now I know how I should handle it in the future...
Got it. I will update the ones I'm working on to read Abilities instead of General. Thanks!
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Splinterverse » 11 Sep 2016, 18:08

I've got a lot of black cards done that I will be uploading later today.

And Delirium is working for me now. :)

A couple issues though . . .

Prying Questions -- I've tried multiple incarnations to get it to make the opponent place a card on top of his/her/its library and it doesn't work. Here's the latest code: http://pastebin.com/YaYDQfN0

Tree of Perdition -- When I tap the Tree it does change the opponent's life total but it doesn't alter the toughness on the Tree. I have tried many variations of the Set_Toughness code (i.e. EffectSource() instead of EffectSourceLKI() and many more). The only thing I can think of is maybe it has something to do with the order the changes are being applied. At any rate, here's the current code: http://pastebin.com/tUEnVeXc

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 11 Sep 2016, 18:27

At least one issue with Prying Questions is that if you interact with a player (such as having them make a choice), then the result of that interaction (their decision) will NOT be available in the same RTA. It'll be available in the next RTA.

Also worth noting, if you only need to choose one item, you don't need this:
Player:SetItemCount( 1 )
for i = 0,(1-1) do
     Player:SetItemPrompt (i, "CARD_QUERY_CHOOSE_CARD_TO_PUT_ONTO_LIBRARY" )
end
Player:ChooseItems( EffectDC():Make_Targets(1) )
It can be done with just one function:
Player:ChooseItem("CARD_QUERY_CHOOSE_CARD_TO_PUT_ONTO_LIBRARY", EffectDC():Make_Targets(1) )
You just change "ChooseItems" to the singular "ChooseItem", and move the text to the first parameter.

The same type of issue can be seen in the next few lines:
for i = 0,(1-1) do
    local target_card = EffectDC():Get_Targets(1):Get_CardPtr(i)
Since "i" will only ever be 0, you can simplify that.
local target_card = EffectDC():Get_Targets(1):Get_CardPtr(0)
For Tree of Perdition, the issue is that a card's characteristics are constantly being reset to their defaults. In order for a card's characteristics to be altered, you need to put that alteration inside of a CONTINUOUS_ACTION block on the correct layer. The layer for changing the base power and toughness is 7B. And don't forget a CONTINUOUS_ACTION outside of a STATIC_ABILITY must have a DURATION tag.

It's worth noting that if you have a look at Tree of Redemption, it's already coded and has all of the code needed for that effect except for the target choice, which you've already working. Here's the code for that card.
<COST type="TapSelf" />
<RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
   if EffectSource() ~= nil then
      EffectDC():Set_Int(1, EffectController():GetLifeTotal())
      EffectController():SetLifeTotal( EffectSource():GetCurrentCharacteristics():Toughness_Get() )
   end
<CONTINUOUS_ACTION layer="7B">
   if EffectSource() ~= nil then
      EffectSource():GetCurrentCharacteristics():Toughness_Set( EffectDC():Get_Int( 1 ) )
   end
</CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
<DURATION>
   return (EffectSource() == nil)
</DURATION>
It stores the life total, then changes the life total to the tree's toughness. Then, in a CA, it continuously changes the toughness to the stored life total.

EDIT: For the record, there are in fact a small handful of characteristic changes that are done just once in an RTA. But they're very rare. For instance, when permanently changing a controller, you can call Card:SetBaseController(NewController) in an RTA and it will work. But almost all characteristic changes need done in a CA.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 11 Sep 2016, 21:59

I'm done for today and won't be able to code again until Thursday at the earliest.

I got Tree of Perdition to work properly thanks to your tips, Xander. I'm still having issues with Prying Questions, but more on that in a minute.

Coded, tested, uploaded:
Dusk Feaster
Haunted Dead
Liliana's Elite
Markov Crusader
Murder
Oath of Liliana
Olivia's Dragoon
Skirsdag Supplicant
Strange Augmentation
Stromkirk Condemned
Succumb to Temptation
Thraben Foulbloods
Tree of Perdition
Vampire Cutthroat
Wailing Ghoul
Weirded Vampire
Whispers of Emrakul

In working with Delirium, I noticed that my copies of the following had General instead of Abilities, so I fixed them and uploaded. If you already fixed them, I apologize:
Backwoods Survivalist
Gnarlwood Dryad
Grim Flayer

I uploaded hi-res art for
Thrummingbird
Zodiac Dragon

For the following, the WAD art is not working properly. It comes out black or static when it is in the illustrations folder. I did try to convert out of .tdx and back again, but these still come out as black or static in game:
Murder
Skirsdag Supplicant
Succumb to Temptation

I am having issues coding two cards:

Prying Questions -- I tried your fixes, but maybe I messed something up. Here's the current code: http://pastebin.com/d1C71bVP
And here's the error message I'm getting:
[lua] [string "TREE_OF_PERDITION_CW_414405_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x00000474"]:5: attempt to index a nil value
Originally, it was taking the 3 life away but not causing the player to put a card from his/her/its hand on top of his/her/its library. Then I tried moving the loss of life later in the process along with your suggestions and now it's not doing either effect.

Ruthless Disposal -- This one has been a battle all day. I can get it to do the -13/-13, but it won't ask for the extra costs (discard and sacrifice). I've tried many variations (and set through too many test games to count). Here's the current code: http://pastebin.com/XPp8Lz0F

If the above are quick fixes, feel free to fix them and throw them in the WAD since I won't be available to work on any again until Thursday. If not, I don't mind tackling them when I return.

Thanks for all your support, Xander!

EDIT: I also noticed the Crop Sigil is missing it's Delirium check for its activated ability. I didn't have time to try and fix it or maybe it's there and I missed it.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 12 Sep 2016, 00:21

1: No need to apologize, but yes, I had already noticed Backwoods Survivalists, Gnarlwood Dryad, Grim Flayer, and Crop Sigil. I fixed them this morning when you'd mentioned delirium.

2: I'll get all of the cards you uploaded marked as completed in a few minutes. Nice work. :)

3: I'll figure out the art issues tonight. I've got three other cards I've been intending to fix with the same sort of issue, anyway.

4: I'll go ahead and fix and add Prying Questions and Ruthless Disposal. As for what's wrong with them...

Prying Questions
Code from your link. | Open
<RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
   local Player = EffectDC():Get_Targets(0):Get_PlayerPtr(0)
   if Player ~= nil then
      filter:SetZone( ZONE_HAND, Player)
      Player:ChooseItem("CARD_QUERY_CHOOSE_CARD_TO_PUT_ONTO_LIBRARY", EffectDC():Make_Targets(1) )
      if target_card ~= nil then
         target_card:PutOnTopOfLibrary()
      end
      Player:LoseLife(3)
   end   
You're asking the player to choose an item and trying to work with their decision in a single RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION block. It needs split up into two blocks because their decision isn't available in the same block where they make the choice.
Fixed code | Open
<RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
   if Player ~= nil then
      filter:SetZone( ZONE_HAND, Player)
   end
<RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
   if Player ~= nil then
      if target_card ~= nil then
         target_card:PutOnTopOfLibrary()
      end
      Player:LoseLife(3)
   end   
Ruthless Disposal: While I haven't checked the code thoroughly (I'll test it before adding it), I do see that the <UTILITY_ABILITY> tag is missing the text: qualifier="Additional". It should read: <UTILITY_ABILITY qualifier="Additional">

Another issue I see here is the definitions and compartments. First up, what's not technically a problem: The definition and compartments don't match. This in itself will not cause problems, but it doesn't make it a bit harder to read when looking through the code, which in turn makes it a bit difficult to quickly check if anything is overlapping.

Second, what is a problem: The costs are using the same definition IDs as each other, and the same is true for the compartment IDs. They're also using the same definition ID as the target in the next ability. While there are some subtle things going on here that could be done where they can safely overlap and what-not, generally (and in this case definitely) you should avoid any overlaps. From top to bottom, just go through and change the definition ID and compartment ID of the first cost to 0 (including the ID in the COST_DEFINITION block). Then change the next cost's IDs to 1. Then change the target's IDs to 2. This way, nothing overlaps. Even if you had the qualifier in teh UTILITY_ABILITY tag, it still wouldn't work because both costs are trying to read the same COST_DEFINITION blocks.

Here's the code with those two fixes but without the localized text. Note that because the compartment the target is in was changed to 2
local target = EffectDC():Get_Targets(0):Get_CardPtr(i)
changed to
local target = EffectDC():Get_Targets(2):Get_CardPtr(i)
Fixed Ruthless Disposal | Open
<UTILITY_ABILITY qualifier="Additional">
   -- LOCALIZED TEXT --
   <COST type="Sacrifice" definition="0" compartment="0" query_tag="CARD_QUERY_CHOOSE_CREATURE_TO_SACRIFICE" item_count="1" />
   <COST_DEFINITION id="0">
      filter:Add(FE_TYPE, OP_IS, CARD_TYPE_CREATURE)
   </COST_DEFINITION>
   <COST type="Discard" definition="1" compartment="1" query_tag="CARD_QUERY_CHOOSE_CARD_TO_DISCARD" item_count="1" />
   <COST_DEFINITION id="1">
      filter:SetZone( ZONE_HAND, EffectController() )
   </COST_DEFINITION>
</UTILITY_ABILITY>
<SPELL_ABILITY>
   -- LOCALIZED TEXT --
   <TARGET tag="CARD_QUERY_CHOOSE_CREATURE_TO_GET_13_13" definition="2" compartment="2" count="2" up_to="1" />
   <TARGET_DEFINITION id="2">
      filter:Add( FE_TYPE, OP_IS, CARD_TYPE_CREATURE )
   </TARGET_DEFINITION>
   <CONTINUOUS_ACTION layer="7C">
      for i = 0, (1) do
         local target = EffectDC():Get_Targets(2):Get_CardPtr(i)
         if target ~= nil then
            local characteristics = target:GetCurrentCharacteristics()
            characteristics:Power_Add( -13 )
            characteristics:Toughness_Add( -13 )
         end
      end
   </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
   <DURATION simple_duration="UntilEOT" />
</SPELL_ABILITY>
Like I said, I'll go ahead and add these two, so you don't need to worry about them. But there they are if you want to see the issues.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 12 Sep 2016, 00:28

Just noticed, your murder is messed up because its ArtID value is its MultiverseID. That's more or less how it's handled in many other mods, but in the CW (except in special cases) the ArtID should be the same as the CARDNAME value.
Xander9009
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to 2014