It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:04

Text Size

can we have we all work together this time and have one core

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: can we have we all work together this time and have one

Postby MC Brodie » 18 Jan 2014, 02:18

If you do end up combining all cards/codes into a single wad I would take Riiak's advice and change all of the all of the prefixes on both file names and functions. At least the combined wad should be made in a way that does not overwrite any of the individual, published wads. That way if there is a modder fixes/changes a card in an individual wad the individual wad would take precedence over the composite wad (provided the user has them both installed). There will still be compatibility issues. It may be at a minimum but I'm not sure.

In my opinion, the best approach to having single location for all cards would be to keep an up to date wiki page/forum topic. The wiki page or forum topic could have downloads for all mods and have a complete card listing of everything available including the request thread (of course with the appropriate link of where to get the card). This way if someone wanted to find a certain card they could go to this page, search for it and see where they had to go to download it. I know people are looking for a single file for all available cards but I don't think this is feasible in DotP for the many reasons people have already posted. This is probably the next best approach though it also has it's limitations. As someone has said before, it is hard enough to get people to use the wiki. Even I don't do it but then, I don't think my wads are significant contribution compared to the current community.

These are just my opinions. Of course you can do as you will.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Song of the Day: 46 and 2 (cover)
MC Brodie

Postby AngelLestat » 21 Jan 2014, 13:52

Of course had a single organize core without clone cards or conflict cards it will be so great. A file where the work of all great modders would be merge.

But seems a lot of work. A single guy cant do this alone (even if it has the permission of their authors), so it needs to be a team work.
But there is when different points of view can become an impediment to complete this dream.

Also if we merge all in a single core, this core would had to be constant updated with the new coded cards that modders make almost all days.
So if the file is big, this would be not practical.

Of course this can be solve if the updated to the main core come in extra files. Example: Main-Mod-Core.wad and Main-Mod-Core-Patch1.wad

With this would be a lot easier play in multiplayer with other people.

Now when I make a deck, I need to choose what card (from all the cloned) to add, and like I dont know what card is the one that is correctly coded or the one that allows manual tapping, is just a matter of luck.
AngelLestat

Postby akiramaya » 18 Mar 2014, 04:23

hmmmm its more convenient combining all in just one wad. .. for the moment why not just post the link of those compatible mods that has no conflicting data. . .
akiramaya

Postby angmarec » 22 Mar 2014, 17:13

I have an idea about core. You can create wad file of each set, like Theros, Born of the Gods, and all others. So you can see percent of Implemented cards in each set. And when some set udates you can redownload it, instead of downoading whole core.
angmarec

Postby Xander9009 » 22 Mar 2014, 20:19

angmarec wrote:I have an idea about core. You can create wad file of each set, like Theros, Born of the Gods, and all others. So you can see percent of Implemented cards in each set. And when some set udates you can redownload it, instead of downoading whole core.
Well, if it ever gets any support, I'm already creating a community wad. Working on the artwork at the moment. Simply having some kind of comprehensive list available would still be quite useful, though.
Xander9009
Programmer

Previous

Return to 2014