It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 00:53

Text Size

『Magic 2014』 ★ Custom DLC v1.80 ★ 『20.AUGUST.2013』

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: 『Magic 2014』 ★ Custom DLC v1.20 ★ 『25.JULY.2013』

Postby BloodReyvyn » 25 Jul 2013, 21:57

When playing against "Triumph of Cruelty" the AI began to play a card and then the game crashed to desktop. I didn't get to see what card it was though. :(
"There's an experience worse than blindness - it's the certainty that your vision is perfect and the horror that there's no world around you to see."
BloodReyvyn

Postby kevlahnota » 25 Jul 2013, 22:28

Thanks for reporting, did you try resetting the deck? I only changed Ratchet Bomb to Nevinyrral's Disk. I'll test later if I can reproduce your problem. Anyway what deck did you use?

v1.20b fix is up. :D

BloodReyvyn wrote:When playing against "Triumph of Cruelty" the AI began to play a card and then the game crashed to desktop. I didn't get to see what card it was though. :(
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby kevlahnota » 25 Jul 2013, 23:22

@BloodReyvyn

Do you still have crashes? I played with the AI in single and 2HG mode and I don't have crashes with Triumph of Cruelty deck. I can check further if you give me more information.
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby BloodReyvyn » 26 Jul 2013, 00:09

Sorry, I was fixing stuff. I was playing my new Knight deck and was having a 3-way free-for-all against Triumph of Cruelty and tfm's Red/Blue deck (sorry can't remember the name lol). All went well for about 5 turns then when Triumph of Cruelty tried to play it's first card on the sixth turn, it just crashed when he started auto-tapping mana. (I think it was between 3-4 mana, but it crashed really abruptly so not sure.)

I will update and give it another shot though :)
"There's an experience worse than blindness - it's the certainty that your vision is perfect and the horror that there's no world around you to see."
BloodReyvyn

Postby BloodReyvyn » 26 Jul 2013, 00:31

Works okay now.

BTW having 5 Nighthawks is not allowed last time I checked :P :mrgreen:
BloodReyvyn

Postby kevlahnota » 26 Jul 2013, 00:36

I wonder why? I've seen an encounter deck with a lot of Relentless Rats.

Anyway, thanks for the report. :D

BloodReyvyn wrote:Works okay now.

BTW having 5 Nighthawks is not allowed last time I checked :P :mrgreen:
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 26 Jul 2013, 00:44

kevlahnota wrote:I wonder why? I've seen an encounter deck with a lot of Relentless Rats.
Unless a card states that you can have any number of them in a deck (like Relentless Rats) then you are only allowed at most 4 under standard deck building rules. Certain formats don't have this rule (like Sealed Deck).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby kevlahnota » 26 Jul 2013, 01:00

well I check the Official card code and here's what I've got:
Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<CARD_V2 ExportVersion="9">
  <FILENAME text="RELENTLESS_RATS_350260" />
  <CARDNAME text="RELENTLESS_RATS" />
  <TITLE>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Relentless Rats]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Rats implacables]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Ratas implacables]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Unbarmherzige Ratten]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Ratti Spietati]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[執(しつ)拗(よう)なネズミ]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[자비없는 쥐떼]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Беспощадные Крысы]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Ratos Implacáveis]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
  </TITLE>
  <MULTIVERSEID value="350260" />
  <ARTID value="77220" />
  <ARTIST name="Thomas M. Baxa" />
  <CASTING_COST cost="{1}{B}{B}" />
  <TYPE metaname="Creature" />
  <SUB_TYPE metaname="Rat" />
  <EXPANSION value="DPI" />
  <RARITY metaname="U" />
  <POWER value="2" />
  <TOUGHNESS value="2" />
  <STATIC_ABILITY>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Relentless Rats gets +1/+1 for each other creature on the battlefield named Relentless Rats.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Les Rats implacables gagnent +1/+1 pour chaque autre créature sur le champ de bataille appelée Rats Implacables.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Las Ratas implacables obtienen +1/+1 por cada otra criatura en el campo de batalla llamada Ratas implacables.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Die Unbarmherzigen Ratten erhalten +1/+1 für jede andere Kreatur namens Unbarmherzige Ratten im Spiel.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[I Ratti Spietati prendono +1/+1 per ogni altra creatura sul campo di battaglia chiamata Ratti Spietati.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[執拗なネズミは、戦場にある他の「執拗なネズミ」という名前のクリーチャー1体につき+1/+1の修整を受ける。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[자비없는 쥐떼는 전장에 있는 이름이 '자비없느 쥐떼'인 생물의 개수만큼 +1/+1을 받는다.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Беспощадные Крысы получают +1/+1 за каждое другое существо на поле битвы с именем Беспощадные Крысы.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Ratos Implacáveis recebe +1/+1 para cada outra criatura no campo de batalha com o nome Ratos Implacáveis.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <CONTINUOUS_ACTION layer="7C">
    if EffectSource() ~= nil then
       local characteristics = EffectSource():GetCurrentCharacteristics()
       local filter = ClearFilter()
       filter:Add(FE_CARD_NAME, OP_IS, "RELENTLESS_RATS" )
       filter:Add( FE_CARD_INSTANCE, OP_NOT, EffectSource())
       local number = filter:Count()
       characteristics:Power_Add( number )
       characteristics:Toughness_Add( number )
    end
    </CONTINUOUS_ACTION>
  </STATIC_ABILITY>
  <STATIC_ABILITY>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[A deck can have any number of cards named Relentless Rats.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Un deck peut contenir n'importe quel nombre de cartes appelées Rats implacables.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Un mazo puede tener cualquier cantidad de cartas llamadas Ratas implacables.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Ein Deck kann eine beliebige Anzahl an Karten namens Unbarmherzige Ratten enthalten.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Un mazzo può avere un qualsiasi numero di carte chiamate Ratti Spietati.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[デッキには「執拗なネズミ」という名前のカードを何枚でも入れることができる。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[덱에 이름이 '자비없는 쥐떼'인 카드를 제한 없이 원하는 만큼 넣을 수 있다.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[В колоде может быть неограниченное количество карт с именем Беспощадные Крысы.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Um deck pode ter qualquer número de cards com o nome Ratos Implacáveis.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
  </STATIC_ABILITY>
  <SFX text="COMBAT_BITE_LARGE_ATTACK" power_boundary_min="4" power_boundary_max="-1" />
  <SFX text="COMBAT_BITE_SMALL_ATTACK" power_boundary_min="1" power_boundary_max="3" />
  <AI_BASE_SCORE score="300" zone="ZONE_BATTLEFIELD" />
</CARD_V2>
There is no code for its second static ability. I guess we cannot use that card besides encounter mode but I'm not sure.

Also I know the rules in deck building :D , I just wonder why the game crashes having five vampire nighthawks while the relentless rats have no bypass for its second ability.

RiiakShiNal wrote:
kevlahnota wrote:I wonder why? I've seen an encounter deck with a lot of Relentless Rats.
Unless a card states that you can have any number of them in a deck (like Relentless Rats) then you are only allowed at most 4 under standard deck building rules. Certain formats don't have this rule (like Sealed Deck).
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 26 Jul 2013, 01:17

Relentless Rats doesn't need to have any code for its second ability in DotP since the DotP engine itself does no checking for the standard deck building rules since the decks are supposedly properly built by the developers (who should be following the standard deck building rules). The game doesn't crash if you have 5 Vampire Nighthawks in play (he simply said it wasn't allowed).

It is up to us as modders to make sure that our decks follow the deck building rules for the formats they are supposed to be in. For example a "Modern" format deck should not have cards from sets older than what is allowed for the "Modern" format, while a "Legacy" deck could have cards from even the earliest sets. If we were simulating a "Sealed Deck" format using standard deck XML files (this wouldn't really work properly due to not being able to properly set lands for 4 and 5 colour decks) then we would generate random cards to put in those files from a list of allowable cards and use the proper booster rarity percentages to determine what cards from what pools get added. In a "Singleton" format you aren't allowed more than 1 copy of any given card with the exception of basic lands. Most formats though have a 4 card limit on the number of cards with the same name (hence why BloodReyven said having 5 Vampire Nighthawks wasn't allowed).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby kevlahnota » 26 Jul 2013, 01:25

Ah I see what BloodReyven meant. It was a typo on unlock cards for the Triumph of Cruelty deck, it should have been 2 Vampire Nighthawks and 1 Nevinyrral's disk. I thought that the AI cast vampire nighthawk then he have a game crash.
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby BloodReyvyn » 26 Jul 2013, 06:02

Oh lol no, I said it was working fine now. Yeah I just noticed there were 2 Vampire Nighthawk in the deck and 3 unlocks of them as well. Just pointing it out. ;)
BloodReyvyn

Postby shijer » 27 Jul 2013, 00:02

First of all, thanks for building these decks.
Second, I have found something interesting, not sure if it only happens on iPad.
In the deck "stream of life", Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant and Auriok Champion have same ability "Whenever another creature enters the battlefield, you may gain 1 life.".
But, when I set my game to "hold priority", Soul Warden won't ask me if I want to activate the ability while other two cards do.
However, this deck works fine, just let you know this situation.
shijer

Postby thefiremind » 27 Jul 2013, 00:21

shijer wrote:In the deck "stream of life", Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant and Auriok Champion have same ability "Whenever another creature enters the battlefield, you may gain 1 life.".
But, when I set my game to "hold priority", Soul Warden won't ask me if I want to activate the ability while other two cards do.
They don't have exactly the same ability: Soul Warden is without "may", so it's perfectly normal that she doesn't ask.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby shijer » 27 Jul 2013, 07:12

thefiremind wrote:
shijer wrote:In the deck "stream of life", Soul Warden, Soul's Attendant and Auriok Champion have same ability "Whenever another creature enters the battlefield, you may gain 1 life.".
They don't have exactly the same ability: Soul Warden is without "may", so it's perfectly normal that she doesn't ask.
Thanks, I didn't aware this difference. :oops:
shijer

Re: 『Magic 2014』 ★ Custom DLC v1.30 ★ 『28.JULY.2013』

Postby kevlahnota » 28 Jul 2013, 13:42

Update to v1.30 :D
kevlahnota
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to 2014