It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:57

Text Size

Thefiremind's DotP2014 DLC v10 (03/Dec/2013)

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Thefiremind's DotP2014 DLC v8 (21/Sep/2013)

Postby thefiremind » 01 Oct 2013, 16:07

daenon611 wrote:
: The card_query_choose_creature_to_block String seems to be not defined.
Yes, I noticed, but Flash Foliage will be removed in the next release anyway because it doesn't work as it should: it doesn't trigger blocking triggers and the blocked creature does trample damage without having trample.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Re: Thefiremind's DotP2014 DLC v8 (21/Sep/2013)

Postby tsuchi » 23 Oct 2013, 09:17

any chanches you make/translate some theros themed decks? i saw some of them they are great!
tsuchi

Re: Thefiremind's DotP2014 DLC v9 (23/Oct/2013)

Postby thefiremind » 23 Oct 2013, 10:11

tsuchi wrote:any chanches you make/translate some theros themed decks? i saw some of them they are great!
Well, hire someone! :lol: Just joking. If all the cards were codable, making a mod with themed decks would have been cool, because they would probably be well balanced... but since there are cards we can't code (for example, bestow creatures in Theros), I still prefer to invent my own decks. :wink:

If you're looking into Theros cards, however, you'll probably like the Superheroes deck I just added. :)
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby tsuchi » 23 Oct 2013, 11:12

i am really interested in translating some of the decks here both decks names and card text, but i simlpy cannot underteand how to edit this wad files, i would have started to modify / build my own decks if i only could figure how, do you care to give a little advice at least on how you translate perhaps? :)

edit: wow new decks!! finally, downlod now. you see thing is most of the other guys decks actually HAVE the text of the cards already translated it's just some coards ( and the name of the decks ) that usually are in inglesh, i may be compulsive but it's driving me crazy to have just SOME parte of the game in another lenguage :cry:
tsuchi

Postby RiiakShiNal » 23 Oct 2013, 12:06

tsuchi wrote:i am really interested in translating some of the decks here both decks names and card text, but i simlpy cannot underteand how to edit this wad files, i would have started to modify / build my own decks if i only could figure how, do you care to give a little advice at least on how you translate perhaps? :)
You don't actually edit the Wad files themselves. Think of Wad files like an archive such as Zip, Rar, or 7z. You have to unpack a Wad before you can edit any of the files inside. The easiest way to unpack them is to use Gibbed Tools (or my modified version of it which supports compressing of images). Once you have the tools drag and drop a Wad file on Gibbed.Duels.Unpack.exe and it will create a directory containing all the files that are in the Wad.

To translate Deck names you need to edit a XML file in DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS\TEXT_PERMANENT of the mod. In the XML you will see one or more entries like this:
Code: Select all
         <Row>
            <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">COMPOUND_TYPE_SNOW_LAND</Data></Cell>
            <Cell ss:Index="3"><Data ss:Type="String">Snow Land</Data></Cell>
            <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Terrain neigeux</Data></Cell>
            <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Tierra nevada</Data></Cell>
            <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Verschneites Land</Data></Cell>
            <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Terra Neve</Data></Cell>
            <Cell ss:Index="9"><Data ss:Type="String">氷雪土地</Data></Cell>
            <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">눈 랜드</Data></Cell>
            <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Снежная земля</Data></Cell>
            <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Terreno da Neve</Data></Cell>
            <Cell ss:Index="15"><Data ss:Type="String">雪境地</Data></Cell>
            <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">雪境地</Data></Cell>
         </Row>
Each entry is a row block and consists of several cells with each cell being part of the entry. Each cell has an Index and the index determines what data should be in that cell. If the cell does not define ss:Index then it's Index is 1 greater than the cell before it with the first cell being Index 1. The data that should go in each index is as follows:
  1. String Name (this is how the game refers to strings)
  2. Description (optional, not used)
  3. English Text (en-US)
  4. French Text (fr-FR)
  5. Spanish Text (es-ES)
  6. German Text (de-DE)
  7. Italian Text (it-IT)
  8. Unknown
  9. Japanese Text (jp-JA)
  10. Korean Text (ko-KR)
  11. Russian Text (ru-RU)
  12. Portuguese Text (pt-BR)
  13. Unknown
  14. Unknown
  15. Chinese (Simplified) Text (zh-CN)
  16. Chinese (Traditional) Text (zh-HK)

The strings the game uses for decks are the name of the deck XML file (which can be found in DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS\DECKS.

Strings for cards are found in the cards themselves (in DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS\CARDS) and are present in LOCALISED_TEXT blocks with the language code (see above list) for the language being defined. In a card a block will look something like this:
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Persecuted alchemists fled deep into Kessig’s wilds, seeking solitude to continue their ghoulish craft.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Les alchimistes persécutés se réfugièrent dans les confins sauvages du Kessig, en quête de solitude pour continuer leur art macabre.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Los alquimistas perseguidos huyeron hacia lo más profundo de los bosques de Kessig, en busca de soledad para continuar su macabro oficio.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Verfolgte Alchemisten flohen tief in die Wildnis von Kessig, um in der Einsamkeit ihre makabre Kunst fortzusetzen.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Le persecuzioni spinsero gli alchimisti a cercare nelle zone selvagge del Kessig la solitudine necessaria alla loro macabra arte.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[責め立てられた錬金術師は、気兼ねなくグールいじりに没頭できる環境を求めてケッシグの未開地へと逃げ込んだ。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[핍박을 받은 연금술사들은 케시그의 숲으로 도망쳐 그들의 작업을 계속했다.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Преследуемые алхимики бежали в чащи Кессига, чтобы в спокойствии и одиночестве возобновить свои опыты.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Os alquimistas perseguidos fugiram para os confins das terras selvagens de Kessig em busca de isolamento para continuar com suas artes carniçais.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="zh-CN"><![CDATA[炼金术士被迫逃入凯锡革荒野深处,希望没人干扰地继续钻研残酷技艺。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="zh-HK"><![CDATA[鍊金術士被迫逃入凱錫革荒野深處,希望沒人干擾地繼續鑽研殘酷技藝。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
When you have finished making your changes you can either:
  • Make an override mod (preferred method). This involves making a new wad with just the changed files set-up to override (not replace) the original Wad.
  • Re-pack the Wad you unpacked earlier (slightly easier, not recommended). This involves re-packing the unpacked directory to essentially re-create the original Wad with the changes. This is not recommended because if the original Wad gets updated and you replace your version with the updated one all of your changes will be lost.

Optionally, you can also provide your translations to the mod author for possible inclusion in a future update. This way it can help everyone who uses the mod by providing more translations.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby tsuchi » 23 Oct 2013, 13:04

RiiakShiNal wrote:
tsuchi wrote:i am really interested in translating some of the decks here both decks names and card text, but i simlpy cannot underteand how to edit this wad files, i would have started to modify / build my own decks if i only could figure how, do you care to give a little advice at least on how you translate perhaps? :)
You don't actually edit the Wad files themselves. Think of Wad files like an archive such as Zip, Rar, or 7z. You have to unpack a Wad before you can edit any of the files inside. The easiest way to unpack them is to use Gibbed Tools (or my modified version of it which supports compressing of images). Once you have the tools drag and drop a Wad file on Gibbed.Duels.Unpack.exe and it will create a directory containing all the files that are in the Wad.

To translate Deck names you need to edit a XML file in DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS\TEXT_PERMANENT of the mod. In the XML you will see one or more entries like this:
         <Row>
            <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">COMPOUND_TYPE_SNOW_LAND</Data></Cell>
            <Cell ss:Index="3"><Data ss:Type="String">Snow Land</Data></Cell>
            <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Terrain neigeux</Data></Cell>
            <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Tierra nevada</Data></Cell>
            <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Verschneites Land</Data></Cell>
            <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Terra Neve</Data></Cell>
            <Cell ss:Index="9"><Data ss:Type="String">氷雪土地</Data></Cell>
            <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">눈 랜드</Data></Cell>
            <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Снежная земля</Data></Cell>
            <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Terreno da Neve</Data></Cell>
            <Cell ss:Index="15"><Data ss:Type="String">雪境地</Data></Cell>
            <Cell><Data ss:Type="String">雪境地</Data></Cell>
         </Row>
Each entry is a row block and consists of several cells with each cell being part of the entry. Each cell has an Index and the index determines what data should be in that cell. If the cell does not define ss:Index then it's Index is 1 greater than the cell before it with the first cell being Index 1. The data that should go in each index is as follows:
  1. String Name (this is how the game refers to strings)
  2. Description (optional, not used)
  3. English Text (en-US)
  4. French Text (fr-FR)
  5. Spanish Text (es-ES)
  6. German Text (de-DE)
  7. Italian Text (it-IT)
  8. Unknown
  9. Japanese Text (jp-JA)
  10. Korean Text (ko-KR)
  11. Russian Text (ru-RU)
  12. Portuguese Text (pt-BR)
  13. Unknown
  14. Unknown
  15. Chinese (Simplified) Text (zh-CN)
  16. Chinese (Traditional) Text (zh-HK)

The strings the game uses for decks are the name of the deck XML file (which can be found in DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS\DECKS.

Strings for cards are found in the cards themselves (in DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS\CARDS) and are present in LOCALISED_TEXT blocks with the language code (see above list) for the language being defined. In a card a block will look something like this:
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Persecuted alchemists fled deep into Kessig’s wilds, seeking solitude to continue their ghoulish craft.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Les alchimistes persécutés se réfugièrent dans les confins sauvages du Kessig, en quête de solitude pour continuer leur art macabre.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Los alquimistas perseguidos huyeron hacia lo más profundo de los bosques de Kessig, en busca de soledad para continuar su macabro oficio.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Verfolgte Alchemisten flohen tief in die Wildnis von Kessig, um in der Einsamkeit ihre makabre Kunst fortzusetzen.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Le persecuzioni spinsero gli alchimisti a cercare nelle zone selvagge del Kessig la solitudine necessaria alla loro macabra arte.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[責め立てられた錬金術師は、気兼ねなくグールいじりに没頭できる環境を求めてケッシグの未開地へと逃げ込んだ。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[핍박을 받은 연금술사들은 케시그의 숲으로 도망쳐 그들의 작업을 계속했다.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Преследуемые алхимики бежали в чащи Кессига, чтобы в спокойствии и одиночестве возобновить свои опыты.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Os alquimistas perseguidos fugiram para os confins das terras selvagens de Kessig em busca de isolamento para continuar com suas artes carniçais.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="zh-CN"><![CDATA[炼金术士被迫逃入凯锡革荒野深处,希望没人干扰地继续钻研残酷技艺。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="zh-HK"><![CDATA[鍊金術士被迫逃入凱錫革荒野深處,希望沒人干擾地繼續鑽研殘酷技藝。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
When you have finished making your changes you can either:
  • Make an override mod (preferred method). This involves making a new wad with just the changed files set-up to override (not replace) the original Wad.
  • Re-pack the Wad you unpacked earlier (slightly easier, not recommended). This involves re-packing the unpacked directory to essentially re-create the original Wad with the changes. This is not recommended because if the original Wad gets updated and you replace your version with the updated one all of your changes will be lost.

Optionally, you can also provide your translations to the mod author for possible inclusion in a future update. This way it can help everyone who uses the mod by providing more translations.
DONE!! i figured out!! beginnig full ITA translation for both decks and cards righ now, i will post the transleted wads decks if you explain me how when i'm done
thank you guys
tsuchi

Postby cagamelo » 23 Oct 2013, 18:14

Tariel isn't tapping when I use his ability.
cagamelo

Postby ZebraGum » 23 Oct 2013, 22:31

Awesome looking forward to the Angel deck will give it some plays :D
ZebraGum

Postby takuma41 » 02 Nov 2013, 04:29

The game always crashes right before the main menu. I'm using the 3DM Update 2 version. I also have the Skidrow version where I am not having any issues with your mod.
takuma41

Postby thefiremind » 02 Nov 2013, 10:40

takuma41 wrote:The game always crashes right before the main menu. I'm using the 3DM Update 2 version. I also have the Skidrow version where I am not having any issues with your mod.
You must have another mod installed with at least one deck that's missing at least one card. My decks aren't missing any cards, I run them fine with 3DM Update 2. Download Riiak's Deck Builder, run it once, wait till it loaded completely, then check the error text file it generates.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby azq » 04 Nov 2013, 01:00

Hi Firemind!

Thanks for all the hardwork! I've been playing online with my friends and it is a whole new game for us.

I found an issue with one of the cards in this pack, Gavony Township. It always freezes the game when we activate the second effect, "Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control".

Not sure how to debug or gather debug data, if there is anything I can do to help you investigate, let me know.

I am using the latest version, v9, downloaded from the links on the first post.

Thanks again!
azq

Postby thefiremind » 04 Nov 2013, 09:47

azq wrote:I found an issue with one of the cards in this pack, Gavony Township. It always freezes the game when we activate the second effect, "Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control".
I just tried and it works for me. Some of the situations where the game was freezing (even though this one is new for me) were fixed with the expansion update: is your game updated?
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby azq » 04 Nov 2013, 19:29

thefiremind wrote:
azq wrote:I found an issue with one of the cards in this pack, Gavony Township. It always freezes the game when we activate the second effect, "Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control".
I just tried and it works for me. Some of the situations where the game was freezing (even though this one is new for me) were fixed with the expansion update: is your game updated?
You're right, it works in single player, sorry I did not tested it before. I purchased the game and the expansion on Steam and I keep it up to date. I am using you mod and several others to play online using Steam with my friends:
| Open
Theros v8.1
2012 decks imported into 2014
TFM&G2K's Planeswalkers Pool v5d
RiiakShiNal's ObjectDC
RiiakShiNal's mana functions
Custom DLC v1.80
[REL] Riiak Shi Nal's DotP 2014 DLC v2.1

The card works fine in single player but it freezes in multiplayer; when someone activates the effect, it taps the mana on the client of the person who activated the effect, but no counter is added, no land is tapped on the opposing player's end and nothing else happens, the game simply lingers in an unresolved state, never moving forward between phases or crashing.

I tested both versions of this card, yours and theros v8.1. Not sure how I can gather more data, if you can point me to some doc or tell me what do look for, I can try my hand at debugging it.

Thanks for your reply!

EDIT: Actually, scrap that. I created a new deck with a different set of cards and tested. The effect resolved and the counters were added, but then everything else went south. I was unable to block the attack from the player that added the counters and when it reached the damage step, the game went to the suspended state, not resolving anything and not moving between phases. I was still able to zoom in the cards and the chat worked, but that was all that did worked. When I conceded the duel, it resumed instantly with the AI on the other player's end.
Last edited by azq on 04 Nov 2013, 19:43, edited 1 time in total.
azq

Postby thefiremind » 04 Nov 2013, 19:40

I know there can be some issues with multiplayer, but I don't play multiplayer so I can't know which cards cause issues and I have no clue about what to do... I mean, I don't know other ways to code that card properly. I guess I should drop a warning on the first post.
EDIT: warning added as first element of the "Known bugs" list.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby azq » 04 Nov 2013, 20:42

thefiremind wrote:I know there can be some issues with multiplayer, but I don't play multiplayer so I can't know which cards cause issues and I have no clue about what to do... I mean, I don't know other ways to code that card properly. I guess I should drop a warning on the first post.
EDIT: warning added as first element of the "Known bugs" list.
Weird as it may seem, I installed the Core Fixes Mod and gave it another go. It now works properly. Added the counters several times and everything worked properly. Crazy, since RiiakShiNal states clearly it does not fixes any custom cards.

Well, whatever. the card works properly in Steam multiplayer with the core fixes. Go figure...

Sorry to bother you Firemind!
azq

PreviousNext

Return to 2014