It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 10:13

Text Size

Formal Request Thread

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Formal Request Thread

Postby fallenangle » 29 Sep 2015, 12:36

For the Mycosynth Lattice, the easiest way to handle the last ability might be simply to grant all players' lands an ability like Joiner Adept's, so that the player can manually tap the lands and get mana of any color. It would require more work on the part of the players, but it would certainly be easier to code.
fallenangle

Postby nivmizzet1 » 29 Sep 2015, 13:44

fallenangle wrote:For the Mycosynth Lattice, the easiest way to handle the last ability might be simply to grant all players' lands an ability like Joiner Adept's, so that the player can manually tap the lands and get mana of any color. It would require more work on the part of the players, but it would certainly be easier to code.

but then there are cards like Gaea's Cradle, Priest of Yawgmoth, etc.
nivmizzet1

Postby nivmizzet1 » 29 Sep 2015, 13:46

Xander9009 wrote:Just be sure to test it first. haha
tested and it's not working. :(
nivmizzet1

Postby Xander9009 » 30 Sep 2015, 00:35

nivmizzet1 wrote:
fallenangle wrote:For the Mycosynth Lattice, the easiest way to handle the last ability might be simply to grant all players' lands an ability like Joiner Adept's, so that the player can manually tap the lands and get mana of any color. It would require more work on the part of the players, but it would certainly be easier to code.

That's why I suggested something like "{1}: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool." But if I recall correctly, that still has problems.

nivmizzet1 wrote:
Xander9009 wrote:Just be sure to test it first. haha
tested and it's not working. :(
I'm sorry. That sucks. Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix it, then.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Clockwork Penguin » 30 Sep 2015, 06:40

...Sigh.. For some reason, the auto-updater for the .wad isn't seeming to do it's job. It's running, everything seems to be set correctly (I believe), and I've allowed it full access.. Through task manager I've even seen it "working", but it doesn't update anything. Every time I want/need to get new cards, I have to fully (re)download the whole CW and community art zips. Anyone know how to fix this? Do I need to keep the files zipped or something?

Also, Sigarda, Host of Herons ability doesn't seem to be working. Tested against Eldrazi "Annihilator" ability, and tested on a custom AI and had them use Living Death. Both instances forced sacrifices, despite Sigarda's ability supposedly preventing these abilities from working effectively.

I've also run into a few crashing problems (especially using Slivers) if multiple instances of the same acquired ability exist on creature units (i.e. with Manaweft Sliver each unit will show multiple instances of the same "tap to add one mana of any color" if you have 2+ on the field). This seems to result in crashes when you attack with a creature that has multiple identical instances (sometime also just from viewing the creature card to select an ability, though this usually only happens when there are 3-4 identical acquired abilities). Not sure how significant it is, but I figured I'd point it out.

Finally, is there a way to set non-basic lands to be played into the normal land/mana area? As most of my friends play Vintage, I've had to cater my play-style to there interests and..with non-basic lands being as common as they are in Vintage, the playing field tends to get extremely cluttered, extremely quickly. Fetch-lands is understandable, as are legendary lands. However, dual lands (i.e. Scrubland and Bayou ), tap-lands, shock-lands, Gates, etc. would feel a whole lot more comfortable if they sat neatly stacked together in the land zone.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining.. In truth, if it wasn't for this community and all it's work adding in so many non-core cards, I probably wouldn't even bother with the game. If I knew how to make the alterations myself, I'd obviously do so. I however, do not, so I ask the community. lol

Thanks for all the hard work, guys. If anyone has the patience to coach me on how to add in my own card, I'd appreciate it. I'm not overly keen on feeling like I need to make others do work, so that I can have entertainment.

Cheers.
Clockwork Penguin

Postby Xander9009 » 30 Sep 2015, 06:53

Clockwork Penguin wrote:...Sigh.. For some reason, the auto-updater for the .wad isn't seeming to do it's job. It's running, everything seems to be set correctly (I believe), and I've allowed it full access.. Through task manager I've even seen it "working", but it doesn't update anything. Every time I want/need to get new cards, I have to fully (re)download the whole CW and community art zips. Anyone know how to fix this? Do I need to keep the files zipped or something?
Do you have the CW being downloaded by Google Drive, so that the latest files are always available there? That's what the syncing utility is supposed to automate: copying new files from your Google Drive folder to your Game Folder. If Google Drive isn't downloading the files, then you'll need to get that working first. I may be able to give some advice on that if that's giving you trouble, but I'll wait for more information.

Also, Sigarda, Host of Herons ability doesn't seem to be working. Tested against Eldrazi "Annihilator" ability, and tested on a custom AI and had them use Living Death. Both instances forced sacrifices, despite Sigarda's ability supposedly preventing these abilities from working effectively.
I'll look into this when I get a chance. If you want to make sure I don't forget it, feel free to post a bug report by following the link in my signature.

I've also run into a few crashing problems (especially using Slivers) if multiple instances of the same acquired ability exist on creature units (i.e. with Manaweft Sliver each unit will show multiple instances of the same "tap to add one mana of any color" if you have 2+ on the field). This seems to result in crashes when you attack with a creature that has multiple identical instances (sometime also just from viewing the creature card to select an ability, though this usually only happens when there are 3-4 identical acquired abilities). Not sure how significant it is, but I figured I'd point it out.
Basically same as above. I won't be looking into any bugs until the Battle for Zendikar cards are done, though, so I'd strongly suggest making a bug report so it's not buried in the thread. I've never seen this happen, but I don't recall ever having the same ability added 3+ times to a single card.

Finally, is there a way to set non-basic lands to be played into the normal land/mana area? As most of my friends play Vintage, I've had to cater my play-style to there interests and..with non-basic lands being as common as they are in Vintage, the playing field tends to get extremely cluttered, extremely quickly. Fetch-lands is understandable, as are legendary lands. However, dual lands (i.e. Scrubland and Bayou ), tap-lands, shock-lands, Gates, etc. would feel a whole lot more comfortable if they sat neatly stacked together in the land zone.
Sadly, this is not possible. All of us which for the same thing, but this is a thing the game engine handles, not the individual cards, and we can only change the cards, not the engine.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining.. In truth, if it wasn't for this community and all it's work adding in so many non-core cards, I probably wouldn't even bother with the game. If I knew how to make the alterations myself, I'd obviously do so. I however, do not, so I ask the community. lol

Thanks for all the hard work, guys. If anyone has the patience to coach me on how to add in my own card, I'd appreciate it. I'm not overly keen on feeling like I need to make others do work, so that I can have entertainment.

Cheers.
Pointing out bugs and asking for help isn't complaining. On behalf of the community (since I inadvertently seem to have become the loudest voice here): You're welcome. :)

As for adding your own cards, you'll have to wait until tomorrow, unless someone else gives you some help before then, because I'm heading to bed. However, it's a fairly simple process, but it'll take a lot of trial and error on your part.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 30 Sep 2015, 11:13

Xander9009 wrote:
nivmizzet1 wrote:

That's why I suggested something like "{1}: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool." But if I recall correctly, that still has problems.
Yes, it would still have problems because the rulings for using mana as if it were any colour doesn't actually change the colour of the mana (or remove restrictions on mana), it only allows the mana to be used as if it were another colour of mana (doesn't actually change the colour). Hence there would essentially be no difference in the effect of Sunburst cards ( {B} mana only counts as black, but could be used to pay for a {U} cost).

So the best solution for casting spells would be to get the CMC, reduce the coloured costs to 0 and increase the colourless costs (to replace the coloured costs), but this can't be done for abilities. The engine simply has no support for this ability and to make it properly we would need engine support.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby addict insane » 01 Oct 2015, 02:34

I think there's a card called Not of This World. We don't have it and I would like it :)

EDIT: And why isn't Spectral Procession not in the CW? Is the double mana cost impossible?
addict insane

Postby Finnical » 11 Oct 2015, 22:59

Alms Beast, from Gatecrash, please. (tainted remedy is fun)
Finnical

Postby Xander9009 » 11 Oct 2015, 23:50

addict insane wrote:I think there's a card called Not of This World. We don't have it and I would like it :)

EDIT: And why isn't Spectral Procession not in the CW? Is the double mana cost impossible?
Not of This World isn't possible as far as I know. Or it's too complicated for me, at least. Sorry.

Spectral Procession's mana cost isn't really a problem. It won't show up correctly on the card, but the game will handle it fine.

Finnical wrote:Alms Beast, from Gatecrash, please. (tainted remedy is fun)
I thought NeoAnderson did all of the cards from Gatecrash, but apparently not... I'll see about getting it coded soon. And yes, Tainted Remedy is very fun. :)
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby zhupiter » 12 Oct 2015, 09:23

I'd like to request Dream Salvage ,it's so powerful in black discard but I don't know how to code it.Thanks in advanse :D
zhupiter

Postby Xander9009 » 13 Oct 2015, 16:20

addict insane wrote:I think there's a card called Not of This World. We don't have it and I would like it :)

Spectral Procession is done. It'll produce tokens with a random art using the new-ish function I made for that. If it has problems, please let me know.

Finnical wrote:Alms Beast, from Gatecrash, please. (tainted remedy is fun)
Also done. This uses a function called GetBlockVictim(). It appears this function is never used on ANY other cards currently in the base game or the CW, so let me know if this messes up. I know it works fine when Alms Beast is blocked by multiple creatures, but I don't have any idea if it will work if Alms Beast blocks multiple creatures or is blocked by a creature blocking multiple creatures. So, if Palace Guard blocks both Alms Beast and something else, I'm not sure what will happen. And I'm not sure what will happen if Alms Beast gains the ability to block multiple creatures simultaneously and does so. In other cases, it should be fine.

zhupiter wrote:I'd like to request Dream Salvage ,it's so powerful in black discard but I don't know how to code it.Thanks in advanse :D
Dream Salvage is also done. This one uses a set of triggers that may be more complicated than necessary, but I didn't see an interrogation query for discard, so I think it's as simple as it gets. However, I feel it should use a LinkedDC(). However, that didn't seem to be working, so I had to use RSN_ObjectDC(). But it should be working. It was not tested in a multiplayer game.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 14 Oct 2015, 11:05

For Dream Salvage you would have to use either an ObjectDC or better yet the PlayerDataChest() since you have to keep track of who discarded cards and how many they discarded you could just keep a count on the player using a manager to make sure that discards are only counted once.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 14 Oct 2015, 20:44

I opted out of the PlayerDC because of the constant requirement. Each discard is counted multiple times, but only once per card, so it ends up the same. Or at least, it should. Considering it apparently works on my computer and not on zhupiter's, I'm not so sure...
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Aesma » 18 Oct 2015, 04:01

Excuse me, may I request That Which Was Taken for Community Wad? Thank you.
Aesma

PreviousNext

Return to 2014