It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 22:14

Text Size

Formal Request Thread

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Formal Request Thread

Postby Xander9009 » 19 Jul 2016, 19:33

They've been added. I've been distracted by other things. I even got half-way through an email reply about a week ago regarding the planeswalkers, but someone interrupted me and I never went back to it... Sorry about that. It might not have been intentional, but thanks for the reminder.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Borborigmos » 11 Aug 2016, 07:00

Hey guys, could someone please code Gisa and Geralf?

Thanks in advance!
Borborigmos

Postby Xander9009 » 11 Aug 2016, 18:50

Borborigmos wrote:Hey guys, could someone please code Gisa and Geralf?

Thanks in advance!
Added but untested. Once it's in the wad later (I'm forcing it to repack now), test it out and let me know if it's working or not. I'd specifically like to know if it works properly with Karador, Ghost Chieftain. Note that, as far as I can tell, the rules are set up such that if you cast a zombie card using Gisa and Geralf, then that will count as the creature card (since you did in fact cast one creature card from your graveyard) for karador as well. I could be wrong, though. I'm not very certain on this. If this is wrong, then the code for those cards will need altered so they ONLY count the cards being cast due to their own abilities...
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Borborigmos » 18 Aug 2016, 06:23

Xander9009 wrote:
Borborigmos wrote:Hey guys, could someone please code Gisa and Geralf?

Thanks in advance!
Added but untested. Once it's in the wad later (I'm forcing it to repack now), test it out and let me know if it's working or not. I'd specifically like to know if it works properly with Karador, Ghost Chieftain. Note that, as far as I can tell, the rules are set up such that if you cast a zombie card using Gisa and Geralf, then that will count as the creature card (since you did in fact cast one creature card from your graveyard) for karador as well. I could be wrong, though. I'm not very certain on this. If this is wrong, then the code for those cards will need altered so they ONLY count the cards being cast due to their own abilities...
Thanks Xander, I will test it tonight when I get home :)
Borborigmos

Postby Borborigmos » 18 Aug 2016, 16:59

I think Google Drive changed and since then I've been having trouble downloading the WAD. Today for example, I can only see the .txt file and the .dll one. When i download the whole zip file, it shows the .dll file being like 120+ MB. It's quite bizarre. Any ideas?
Borborigmos

Postby Xander9009 » 18 Aug 2016, 19:26

I just downloaded the folder manually through the browser, and it worked fine. Are you sure it wasn't just in the process of uploading the new file? If it was, I could see that causing trouble. Perhaps you should check again to see if the wad is visible, and if so, try downloading the folder again.

Note that the DLL is 121 KB. Maybe it zipped up weird, or maybe you just misread the KB as MB? Not sure why else the DLL would be listed as 120+ MB. Please try one more time and let me know. If it still doesn't work, I'll force a repack and see if that fixes it. If not, I'll look into more drastic measures (I'm hesitant to do other things because then links to that folder and users who have it set up for automatic updating might have problems).
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Borborigmos » 18 Aug 2016, 20:01

Xander9009 wrote:I just downloaded the folder manually through the browser, and it worked fine. Are you sure it wasn't just in the process of uploading the new file? If it was, I could see that causing trouble. Perhaps you should check again to see if the wad is visible, and if so, try downloading the folder again.

Note that the DLL is 121 KB. Maybe it zipped up weird, or maybe you just misread the KB as MB? Not sure why else the DLL would be listed as 120+ MB. Please try one more time and let me know. If it still doesn't work, I'll force a repack and see if that fixes it. If not, I'll look into more drastic measures (I'm hesitant to do other things because then links to that folder and users who have it set up for automatic updating might have problems).
This time I could see it. Although it's still doing weird stuff. When i clicked on it to download it, it disappeared, just like it did last time. Luckily, the prompt window to download was already open and I managed to download it.

Having said that, the "unpack" app from Gibbed Tools crashes when I try to unpack it. I have tested the same app with an old WAD and it works fine... I wonder what changed?
Borborigmos

Postby Borborigmos » 20 Aug 2016, 10:26

Update: so I googled the issue with dissapearing files from Google Drive and it turns out that if you open it under incognito mode, they show up fine. Really bizarre but it worked!

I tested Gisa and Geralf and it works. Unfortunately, when you have Karador and G&G in play you can only play one creature per turn from your GY (building that deck was not easy BTW haha). I would like to note that Karador + G&G in play gives two separate "Cast spell" lines on the creature. But once you cast it, you are not allowed to cast a second creature.

Thanks Xander, G&G works :)
Borborigmos

Postby Xander9009 » 20 Aug 2016, 18:43

Borborigmos wrote:Update: so I googled the issue with dissapearing files from Google Drive and it turns out that if you open it under incognito mode, they show up fine. Really bizarre but it worked!

I tested Gisa and Geralf and it works. Unfortunately, when you have Karador and G&G in play you can only play one creature per turn from your GY (building that deck was not easy BTW haha). I would like to note that Karador + G&G in play gives two separate "Cast spell" lines on the creature. But once you cast it, you are not allowed to cast a second creature.

Thanks Xander, G&G works :)
Great! :)

I'm not entirely certain whether you technically should be able to cast two if both are out or if casting a zombie creature card via Gisa and Geralf would count as the creature card for Karador, Ghost Chieftain as well, meaning (depending on order) you could only cast one per turn. I initially thought that was the case (although I was never certain), but I think it's actually meant to be interpreted as each one only counts cards cast via its own ability. I'll have to look into how to manage that at some point, but it'll have to wait awhile. I'm glad it's working in general.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Borborigmos » 21 Aug 2016, 10:45

Xander9009 wrote:Great! :)

I'm not entirely certain whether you technically should be able to cast two if both are out or if casting a zombie creature card via Gisa and Geralf would count as the creature card for Karador, Ghost Chieftain as well, meaning (depending on order) you could only cast one per turn. I initially thought that was the case (although I was never certain), but I think it's actually meant to be interpreted as each one only counts cards cast via its own ability. I'll have to look into how to manage that at some point, but it'll have to wait awhile. I'm glad it's working in general.
Yeah no need to waste time at the moment trying to fix that weird interaction between 2 creatures that are very unlikely to share a deck.
Borborigmos

Postby nivmizzet1 » 27 Sep 2016, 15:59

Wheel of Sun and Moon (should be pretty easy)
Serum Powder (pretty sure this isn't possible)

EDIT: it looks like Wheel of Sun and Moon is in the core wad, but it's not showing up in the deck builder. Maybe I need to update...
EDIT: made on Sep 18, added to wad files on Sep 20; maybe the core wad hasn't been updated since then?
EDIT: nope, it looks like the wad was updated on Sep 26 or 27
EDIT: oh right, I hadn't run the sync app...duh

btw: 28/09/2016 1:41:41 AM: Low: Card (NISSA_VITAL_FORCE_CW_417736) in wad DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE has a FILENAME tag that does not match which will cause problems in-game: NISSA_VITAL_FORCE_417736 (I should probably put this in the community wad thread, hey)
EDIT: somebody beat me to it

EDIT: nothing to see here folks, move along :-"
nivmizzet1

Postby Xander9009 » 28 Sep 2016, 15:01

Serum Powder is impossible. You can't run code until after the player is done with mulligans, which would severely break how the card is meant to work.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby nivmizzet1 » 10 Oct 2016, 10:35

I would like to request a manual mana version of Life and Limb (basically one that will add the llanowar elf ability to saprolings and forests).
nivmizzet1

Postby Xander9009 » 10 Oct 2016, 10:41

nivmizzet1 wrote:I would like to request a manual mana version of Life and Limb (basically one that will add the llanowar elf ability to saprolings and forests).
Done.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby nivmizzet1 » 19 Oct 2016, 13:47

Can we request art here?
I like this Painter's Servant art much better than the current art.
nivmizzet1

PreviousNext

Return to 2014