It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 11:10

Text Size

Formal Request Thread

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Formal Request Thread

Postby Borborigmos » 18 Oct 2015, 10:07

Low priority request: i really love how the newer 2 color lands have a symbol that tells you what color they currently produce. Is there a chance we can code this same thing for the older ones such as the Ravnica (eg Hallowed Fountain) or Scars of Mirrodin (eg Razorverge Thicket) ones? :)
Borborigmos

Postby Xander9009 » 19 Oct 2015, 01:43

That Which Was Taken has been done.

I've been planning for awhile to extend the dual land functionality to all of the multilands. However, I've had little motivation to take on such a project. It's a simple process, though, if someone wants to give it a shot.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Aesma » 19 Oct 2015, 03:59

Xander9009 wrote:That Which Was Taken has been done.
Thank you very much!
Aesma

Postby Rockenchick » 19 Oct 2015, 06:00

I have no idea if these cards are even codeable but I noticed some missing fetcher/tutor cards that look good:
Long-Term Plans
Riptide Shapeshifter
So, if anyone can code them I'd be grateful. :)
Rockenchick

Postby Borborigmos » 19 Oct 2015, 17:12

Xander9009 wrote:I've been planning for awhile to extend the dual land functionality to all of the multilands. However, I've had little motivation to take on such a project. It's a simple process, though, if someone wants to give it a shot.
I, unfortunately, don't know anything about coding but if I did i would gladly do it!

If you can think of a way someone like me can help somehow, let me know! hehe
Borborigmos

Postby addict insane » 19 Oct 2015, 19:52

I have a sort of a card request. Please let me know when you've added the pictures to the new slow lands. Smoldering Marsh and Prairie Stream are still missing, at least from the update I have.

Also, the slow lands that are not Manual Mana are not adding mana at all. Or at least don't have the option to switch between one mana and the other.

And the new Gideon dies instantly, but I already reported that.

This is all from the CW version I downloaded last Thursday. If you've already fixed those, please let me know.
addict insane

Postby Xander9009 » 19 Oct 2015, 22:13

Rockenchick wrote:I have no idea if these cards are even codeable but I noticed some missing fetcher/tutor cards that look good:
Long-Term Plans
Riptide Shapeshifter
So, if anyone can code them I'd be grateful. :)
No clue if they work, but they're done.

Borborigmos wrote:
Xander9009 wrote:I've been planning for awhile to extend the dual land functionality to all of the multilands. However, I've had little motivation to take on such a project. It's a simple process, though, if someone wants to give it a shot.
I, unfortunately, don't know anything about coding but if I did i would gladly do it!

Well, there's still a lot of missing art from Battle for Zendikar. If you want to, you could head over to the last (or maybe second to last) page of the Battle for Zendikar thread and find my list. Save any images you can find for those cards as the filename listed (the "CW######" bits are the filenames).

If you want to try some simple coding (not saying you should, just as an option), I could explain how to how to make the simple changes necessary to make the other dual lands show what color they're producing.

addict insane wrote:I have a sort of a card request. Please let me know when you've added the pictures to the new slow lands. Smoldering Marsh and Prairie Stream are still missing, at least from the update I have.

Also, the slow lands that are not Manual Mana are not adding mana at all. Or at least don't have the option to switch between one mana and the other.

And the new Gideon dies instantly, but I already reported that.

This is all from the CW version I downloaded last Thursday. If you've already fixed those, please let me know.
I did notice the Gideon bug you reported. But no, none of these have been fixed since Thursday as far as I know.

I'm not sure if cards with multiple basic land types work properly or not. I just copied how they were done from another card. They simply have both types and don't have any special code, so they very well might not work. The only way to make them work, in that case, would be to modify every card that references any basic land type to include a fake characteristic and then have those cards grant themselves that fake characteristic in addition to producing mana like other lands. That's a LOT of work, though. I've already done something similar when I fixed Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth and I'm not overly eager to do it again, and this time for all five basic types.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby addict insane » 20 Oct 2015, 02:06

But wouldn't the new Prairie Stream be coded exactly like a Tundra, except with the option of coming into play tapped? I'm assuming that's what you did.

I don't know much about coding myself but I'm thinking the problem is smaller than you think. The new lands that are MM work fine, they have a button that gives you the choice of "tap: add U or W to your mana pool". The non-Manual Mana lands don't have this button. The old non-MM Tundra does have it, but the new non-MM Prairie Stream does not. I'm probably stating the obvious here, but lands that are not MM do need this button, not for tapping, of course, but for changing the mana type they produce.

You don't even have to test the lands to notice what's missing. You can look up Prairie Stream in the Deck Builder and notice the graphical difference between the MM and the non-MM. This is something that never happened with any dual land before to my knowledge, which lead me to believe you did something different/missed something with these slow lands because all other duals (true duals and shocks) that have more than one land type work great.
addict insane

Postby TheArborphiliac » 20 Oct 2015, 08:59

I'm looking for information regarding the card Mortis Dogs. I can't seem to find it in the files from the community wad, and I think I searched this thread for the term and it didn't come up.

Is there a reason it hasn't been coded yet? I will keep looking for a way to get it in, but in the meantime thank you for all of you who've made this possible. I've been playing Magic for 20 years and I've never had so much fun as playing with all sorts of crazy modded decks.

I really like my Mortis Dogs deck in paper Magic and Murderous Redcap is fun but not quite the same :*(.
TheArborphiliac

Postby Xander9009 » 20 Oct 2015, 11:34

@addict insane: The MM versions need the ability to manually tap. The non MM versions of most dual lands need the ability to decide which color to produce. But basic lands are automatically given the ability to tap. For mana, and the dual land I looked at (which I didn't alter) had no specific abilities. It only had the basic land types, which should have made the game automatically grant it the abilities to tap for either color of mana. Soz if I gave it the ability to choose which color to produce, I'd be giving it the ability to tap for W (for example) while it already has that ability by virtue of being a plains. It also should have the ability to tap for U by virtue of being an island. If someone has changed those cards to remove the production choice, I don't know who it was.

Seeing as they apparently don't tap for mana, I'll add the normal auto tap mana abilities.

@TheArbophiliac: The reason it hasn't been coded is simply because it's never been needed or requested. I'll code it later today. Should only take a few minutes.

And you're welcome on behalf of everyone here. Lots of modders aren't very active anymore, but they made this whole thing possible because they and those of us still around feel the same way. It's just too much fun to be able to use any deck you can think of. :)
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby TheArborphiliac » 21 Oct 2015, 06:45

@Xander9009: Thanks again! I'll add the deck to the file once I update it.
TheArborphiliac

Postby Borborigmos » 22 Oct 2015, 15:58

Xander9009 wrote:
Borborigmos wrote:I, unfortunately, don't know anything about coding but if I did i would gladly do it!

Well, there's still a lot of missing art from Battle for Zendikar. If you want to, you could head over to the last (or maybe second to last) page of the Battle for Zendikar thread and find my list. Save any images you can find for those cards as the filename listed (the "CW######" bits are the filenames).

If you want to try some simple coding (not saying you should, just as an option), I could explain how to how to make the simple changes necessary to make the other dual lands show what color they're producing.
Hey Xander, I went through the list you made and none of those cards have decent art yet. I Googled the first several cards from the list and none of them were listed in any art website, unfortunately.

With regards to your offer to explain simple coding, I'd be game! Let me know when it would be a good time for you and I could go on the chat we have used before :)
Borborigmos

Postby Xander9009 » 22 Oct 2015, 16:11

Borborigmos wrote:
Xander9009 wrote:
Borborigmos wrote:I, unfortunately, don't know anything about coding but if I did i would gladly do it!

Hey Xander, I went through the list you made and none of those cards have decent art yet. I Googled the first several cards from the list and none of them were listed in any art website, unfortunately.

With regards to your offer to explain simple coding, I'd be game! Let me know when it would be a good time for you and I could go on the chat we have used before :)
Alright. I'd be good to go about an hour from now (if you're ready now), or again from 4 hours from now until about 6 hours from now. Anywhere in that window would be fine with me. If you're not free today, then you probably have a more restrictive schedule, so you should let ME know lol.

I will say that the majority of what you'll be doing, should you want to, is copying code from Blossoming Sands to any other GW dual MM cards. Then again for the other colors. Won't even require editing the code itself. Just recognizing which parts to replace.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Borborigmos » 24 Oct 2015, 18:57

Just as a bit of background, I'm working on the tri-lands (Arcane Sanctum for example) to make them auto-tap and also to have a badge indicating what color they are currently producing.

Xander, I have a question. The Arcane Sanctum you sent me doesn't have this at the end:

<TOKEN_REGISTRATION reservation="1" type="RSN_TOKEN_MANA_R" />
<TOKEN_REGISTRATION reservation="1" type="RSN_TOKEN_MANA_G" />
<TOKEN_REGISTRATION reservation="1" type="RSN_TOKEN_MANA_U" />

It goes straight from the last Triggered ability to the Author:

<TRIGGERED_ABILITY resource_id="12" badge="BADGE_SWAMP_WALK">
<TRIGGER value="ATTACKING" simple_qualifier="self" />
</TRIGGERED_ABILITY>
<AUTHOR><![CDATA[Xander9009]]></AUTHOR>

We spoke about replacing the color letters as appropriate for the subsequent lands, but since the Arcane Sanctum template you sent me doesn't have this Token Registration section, I wonder if I should remove it from the others.

Also, after I make the changes, the files I save are no longer XML files. I can still open them with Notepad++ but they don't seem to have a type. I wonder what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks.
Borborigmos

Postby Xander9009 » 25 Oct 2015, 06:29

I'm not sure what you're doing wrong where the file type is concerned... As for the token registrations, yes, remove those. Those are related to Manual Mana, so since you're making them non-MM, they're not needed anymore.
Xander9009
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to 2014