It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 22:59

Text Size

Formal Request Thread

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Formal Request Thread

Postby Borborigmos » 25 Oct 2015, 09:05

Xander9009 wrote:I'm not sure what you're doing wrong where the file type is concerned... As for the token registrations, yes, remove those. Those are related to Manual Mana, so since you're making them non-MM, they're not needed anymore.
Great thanks.

I notice that when i Save as... if i don't change the name (deleting "_MM" from the name) it saves it as an XML file. I just change the name from the windows folder.

So both issues seem fixed. I'll send you the finished lands later for review.
Borborigmos

Postby addict insane » 26 Oct 2015, 15:55

Borborigmos: You're making the tri-lands non-MM?? That is awesome, thank you.

Xander: have you added pictures for Smoldering Marsh and Prairie Stream yet?
addict insane

Postby Xander9009 » 26 Oct 2015, 16:32

addict insane wrote:Borborigmos: You're making the tri-lands non-MM?? That is awesome, thank you.

Xander: have you added pictures for Smoldering Marsh and Prairie Stream yet?
Borborigmos is actually already done with the tri-lands. He sent them all to me last night/yesterday and I got them all uploaded this morning.

As for the pictures, I've gotten pictures for all of the cards, and they'll be available after the next repack. They'll be low quality for now, though.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby addict insane » 26 Oct 2015, 18:43

Do you think you could find a better quality picture for Wirewood Symbiote? Is there anyway I could help in this?
addict insane

Postby Xander9009 » 26 Oct 2015, 18:48

addict insane wrote:Do you think you could find a better quality picture for Wirewood Symbiote? Is there anyway I could help in this?
Done. Next time the art packs, it'll be included. Keep in mind the art for that card is in the Duel Decks wad.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby addict insane » 26 Oct 2015, 19:42

Sorry for being so insistent, but could you please also upgrade the art on Council's Judgment?

Thanks for everything.

EDIT: Also Utter End.
addict insane

Postby Xander9009 » 27 Oct 2015, 00:33

I can only find this image: http://magic.wizards.com/sites/mtg/file ... nt.jpg.jpg
It doesn't have the right dimensions; it's missing the sides. So, if I use it, the art won't be quite what it should be. Just for the record. I'll go ahead with it though, because I doubt you'll care that much about it.

Also just so it's known, upgrading art is a very simple process that anyone can do. You don't need to even ask permission as long as it's the right picture. Right click the card in the deck builder and click view card. Find the "ARTID" near the top. If it starts with "CW", then copy it. If it doesn't, it's not a CW card (unless it's a special art). Find the art you want to use, and save it as the ARTID you copied. Size it to 512x376 (scale it down so one side matches and crop the extra space off if it's too large, just crop off the extra space so it's the right ratio if it's smaller). Convert to TDX by dropping it on the file named "Tdx Convert Compressed.bat" or "Universal Gibbed Converter.exe" (both can be obtained here). Once converted, upload the resulting tdx file here.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Finnical » 01 Nov 2015, 09:47

Rage Extractor, and the associated phyrexian mana cards, such as porcelin legionnaire. I would like to see really all the cards with phyrexian mana, some of which are already coded I believe.
Finnical

Postby Rockenchick » 02 Nov 2015, 16:02

I'd like to please request Rummaging Wizard. I can code part of it but not all.
Rockenchick

Postby Xander9009 » 02 Nov 2015, 16:28

Porcelain Legionnaire is already done. In fact, most of them that can be done already are.

A couple that aren't coded simply can't be:
Norn's Annex
Spellskite

The other three, however, will be coded today:
Cathedral Membrane
Postmortem Lunge
Slash Panther
Trespassing Souleater

Rage Extractor is a special kind of card that are annoying to code. They require a hard-coded list of cards that will trigger it. This is perfectly doable, but should any be made in the future, it's not very likely it'll be remembered that it needs updated.

To that end, I'm wondering what the modders here think of making a single LOL file for all hard-coded card lists (except planeswalkers). This will put them all in one place and make it easier to scan through and decide if different ones need updated with each new expansion. Another way to do it, however, would be to leave the lists where they are and simply include a LOL file that explains which ones need updated and where those lists are found. I'm not sure which one I'm more of a fan of. Anyone have any thoughts on which they think would be easier?

EDIT: An alternative to the above (which could also be used as an additional layer) is to instead add a fake characteristic to the card so it is contained on the card itself. Give it a fake characteristic like "CAN_PAY_PHYREXIAN_MANA", and then look for that characteristic on the card being cast. This wouldn't require a list, but would require that any future cards with phyrexian mana contain that characteristic. But I can also include that in the card generator plugin so it's automatically included on any cards that would need it, making it just work as long as the creator is using the generator plugin I made. I think this is the one I'm the biggest fan of. It may still have cards missing, just like the hard-coded list. But since it has the possibility of being automated, it's less likely to happen.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 02 Nov 2015, 18:20

Sorry. I forgot about Rummaging Wizard. It's added now, too, but it's not tested. Should work, but no guarantees.
Last edited by Xander9009 on 04 Nov 2015, 14:35, edited 1 time in total.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Finnical » 04 Nov 2015, 07:20

Rage Extractor is a special kind of card that are annoying to code. They require a hard-coded list of cards that will trigger it. This is perfectly doable, but should any be made in the future, it's not very likely it'll be remembered that it needs updated.
This is the code from the 2013 game, does this help at all?

Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<CARD_V2>
   <FILENAME text="RAGE_EXTRACTOR_214385" />
   <CARDNAME text="RAGE_EXTRACTOR" />
   <TITLE>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Rage Extractor]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Estrattore di Rabbia]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Wutentzieher]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Extracteur de rage]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Extractor de furia]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[憤怒の抽出機]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[Rage Extractor]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Извлекатель Ярости]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Extrator de Fúria]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   </TITLE>
   <MULTIVERSEID value="214385" />
   <ARTID value="A214385" />
   <ARTIST name="Raymond Swanland" />
   <CASTING_COST cost="{4}{R/P}" />
   <FLAVOURTEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[New Phyrexia is an engine that both consumes and creates malice.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Nuova Phyrexia è un motore che consuma e crea rancore.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Das Neue Phyrexia verbraucht und erzeugt Böswilligkeit gleichzeitig.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[La Nouvelle Phyrexia est un moteur qui à la fois consume et crée le mal.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Nueva Pirexia es un motor que consume y crea maldad.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[新ファイレクシアは、悪意を消費し生成する動力源だ。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[New Phyrexia is an engine that both consumes and creates malice.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Новая Фирексия — это механизм, движимый злом и порождающий зло.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[A Nova Phyrexia é uma engrenagem que tanto consome quanto cria maldade.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   </FLAVOURTEXT>
   <TYPE metaname="Artifact" />
   <EXPANSION value="NPH" />
   <RARITY metaname="U" />
   <TRIGGERED_ABILITY dangerous="1" LKI_shield_effect_source="1" filter_zone="ZONE_IN_PLAY">
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Whenever you cast a spell with {J} in its mana cost, Rage Extractor deals damage equal to that spell’s converted mana cost to target creature or player.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Ogniqualvolta lanci una magia con {J} nel costo di mana, l’Estrattore di Rabbia infligge danno a una creatura o a un giocatore bersaglio pari al costo di mana convertito di quella magia.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Immer wenn du einen Zauberspruch mit {J} in den Manakosten wirkst, fügt der Wutentzieher einer Kreatur oder einem Spieler deiner Wahl so viele Schadenspunkte zu, wie die umgewandelten Manakosten jenes Zauberspruchs betragen.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[À chaque fois que vous lancez un sort avec {J} dans son coût de mana, l’Extracteur de rage inflige un nombre de blessures égal au coût converti de mana de ce sort à une cible, créature ou joueur.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Siempre que lances un hechizo con {J} en su coste de maná, el Extractor de furia hace daño a la criatura o jugador objetivo igual al coste de maná convertido de ese hechizo.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[あなたがマナ・コストに{J}を含む呪文を1つ唱えるたび、クリーチャー1体かプレイヤー1人を対象とする。憤怒の抽出機はそれに、その呪文の点数で見たマナ・コストに等しい点数のダメージを与える。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[Whenever you cast a spell with {J} in its mana cost, Rage Extractor deals damage equal to that spell’s converted mana cost to target creature or player.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Каждый раз когда вы разыгрываете заклинание, в мана-стоимости которого есть {J}, Извлекатель Ярости наносит целевому существу или игроку повреждения, равные конвертированной мана-стоимости того заклинания.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Toda vez que você conjura uma mágica com {J} em seu custo de mana, Extrator de Fúria causa à criatura ou ao jogador alvo uma quantidade de dano igual ao custo de mana convertido daquela mágica.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <TRIGGER value="SPELL_PLAYED">
    if TriggerObject():GetPlayer() == EffectController() then
       local cn = TriggerObject():GetCardName() -- Check against all names of cards with phyrexian mana. Boring but effective.
       return
       cn == "ACT_OF_AGGRESSION" or
       cn == "APOSTLES_BLESSING" or
       cn == "BIRTHING_POD" or
       cn == "CATHEDRAL_MEMBRANE" or
       cn == "CORROSIVE_GALE" or
       cn == "DISMEMBER" or
       cn == "GITAXIAN_PROBE" or
       cn == "GUT_SHOT" or
       cn == "MARROW_SHARDS" or
       cn == "MENTAL_MISSTEP" or
       cn == "MOLTENSTEEL_DRAGON" or
       cn == "MUTAGENIC_GROWTH" or
       cn == "NORNS_ANNEX" or
       cn == "NOXIOUS_REVIVAL" or
       cn == "PHYREXIAN_METAMORPH" or
       cn == "PITH_DRILLER" or
       cn == "PORCELAIN_LEGIONNAIRE" or
       cn == "POSTMORTEM_LUNGE" or
       cn == "RAGE_EXTRACTOR" or
       cn == "RUTHLESS_INVASION" or
       cn == "SLASH_PANTHER" or
       cn == "SPINED_THOPTER" or
       cn == "SURGICAL_EXTRACTION" or
       cn == "TEZZERETS_GAMBIT" or
       cn == "THUNDERING_TANADON" or
       cn == "VAULT_SKIRGE"
    end
    return false
    </TRIGGER>
      <TARGET_DEFINITION id="0">
    local filter = Object():GetFilter()
    filter:Clear()
    filter:SetFilterType( FILTER_TYPE_CARDS + FILTER_TYPE_PLAYERS )
    filter:SetZone( ZONE_IN_PLAY )
    filter:SetHint( HINT_ENEMY_ONLY, EffectController() )
    filter:AddCardType( CARD_TYPE_CREATURE )
    </TARGET_DEFINITION>
      <TARGET_DETERMINATION>
    return AtLeastOneTargetFromDefinition(0)
    </TARGET_DETERMINATION>
      <PLAY_TIME_ACTION target_choosing="1">
    if TriggerObject() ~= nil then
       EffectController():SetCustomQueryInstructionValue( TriggerObject():GetConvertedManaCost() )
    end
    EffectController():ChooseTarget( 0, "CARD_QUERY_CHOOSE_DEAL_DAMAGE_AMOUNT", EffectDC():Make_Targets(0) )
    </PLAY_TIME_ACTION>
      <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
    local target_creature = EffectDC():Get_Targets(0):Get_CardPtr(0)
    local target_player = EffectDC():Get_Targets(0):Get_PlayerPtr(0)
    local damage = TriggerObject():GetConvertedManaCost()
    local source = EffectSource()
    if source == nil then
       source = Object()
    end
    if target_creature ~= nil then
       target_creature:DealDamage(damage, source)
    elseif target_player ~= nil then
       target_player:DealDamage(damage, source)
    end
    </RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
      <SFX text="TARGET_FLAME_PLAY" />
   </TRIGGERED_ABILITY>
   <AI_BASE_SCORE score="900" zone="ZONE_IN_PLAY" />
</CARD_V2>
Finnical

Postby Xander9009 » 04 Nov 2015, 14:35

Thanks, but not really. It's just got a hard coded list, and I already knew that was likely the way to go. I opted to do the other method I mentioned, though. Each card with phyrexian mana has the characteristic CW_CHARACTERISTIC_PHYREXIAN_MANA and Rage Extractor checks for that. I did it that way because I can add that code automatically if necessary to any cards made with TFM's Universal Generator using my plugin.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Rockenchick » 08 Nov 2015, 15:18

I'd like to please request Call for Blood & Leeches.
Rockenchick

Postby Xander9009 » 08 Nov 2015, 17:51

Leeches will be very tricky. We can't actually remove poison counters. I know how to I'll try it, though, and I'll let you know.
Xander9009
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to 2014