It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:58

Text Size

[REL] DotP 2014 - Core Fixes Mod v2.01

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: [REL] DotP 2014 - Core Fixes Mod v1.04

Postby thefiremind » 20 Jul 2013, 22:24

I like the idea, it's similar to what I did in DotP2013 for suspend: making an invisible token manage the mechanic made it much easier to code. My only worry is that other people might get lost in the dependencies: we would have your core fixes which depend on the characteristic manager which depends on your ObjectDC... :D
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 20 Jul 2013, 22:36

I know, but it's really the best way to do it, because if I include the ObjectDC and/or Characteristics manager into the core fixes then if someone gets a mod that depends on the ObjectDC functions, but they don't have the core fixes then they won't get them unless they have just the ObjectDC functions wad, but if they have both the core fixes and the ObjectDC functions then there would be potential for conflict because they would have two copies of the ObjectDC functions.

If I keep things separate then say they already have the ObjectDC functions and they want to add the core fixes they simply drop in the core fixes and the characteristics functions and they are good to go. If I update one of the wads then they only need to get that one to get the benefits in everything that uses those functions without having to worry about mod X is overriding the updates from mod Y which is needed by mod Z to work properly.

Edit: Okay, new version v1.05 is now up.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Miraika » 21 Jul 2013, 00:18

It's just a text bug, but when you cast Commandeer, it doesn't display the alternate cost option correctly. At first I though it was just a spelling error (it calls up CARD_UI_COMMANDER_ABILITY_TEXT) but it looks like the text is now labeled CARD_QUERY_EXILE_2_BLUE_CARDS for whatever reason.
Miraika

Postby RiiakShiNal » 21 Jul 2013, 00:36

Miraika wrote:It's just a text bug, but when you cast Commandeer, it doesn't display the alternate cost option correctly. At first I though it was just a spelling error (it calls up CARD_UI_COMMANDER_ABILITY_TEXT) but it looks like the text is now labeled CARD_QUERY_EXILE_2_BLUE_CARDS for whatever reason.
I have confirmed that the alternate cost text is wrong it should be CARD_QUERY_EXILE_2_BLUE_CARDS as you pointed out, so I'll fix that too.

Update: Version 1.06 now up with the fix for Commandeer.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Re: [REL] DotP 2014 - Core Fixes Mod v1.06

Postby sumomole » 25 Jul 2013, 08:06

Three errors:
1. The last ability of Blightsteel Colossus
1.1 Owner shuffle library, not effect controller.
1.2 Official code is wrong, it will cause the card can't be discarded in the cleanup step.
I try to fix it | Open
Code: Select all
  <TRIGGERED_ABILITY replacement_effect="1" active_zone="ZONE_ANY">
    <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[If Blightsteel Colossus would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, reveal Blightsteel Colossus and shuffle it into its owner’s library instead.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
    <TRIGGER value="ZONECHANGE_CONSIDERED" simple_qualifier="self" to_zone="ZONE_GRAVEYARD" from_zone="ZONE_ANY" pre_trigger="1">
    MTG():OverrideEvent()
      EffectDC():Set_PlayerPtr( 0, EffectSource():GetOwner() )
    EffectSource():GuidedReveal( EffectSource():GetZone(), ZONE_LIBRARY )
    EffectSource():PutOnTopOfLibrary()   
    return true
    </TRIGGER>
    <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
     local player = EffectDC():Get_PlayerPtr(0)
      if player ~= nil then
      player:ShuffleLibrary()
    end
    </RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
  </TRIGGERED_ABILITY>
2. Lobotomy, "a card other than a basic land card" should use AddSubFilter_Or, not AddSubFilter_And.

3. A small bug on the rule, Green Sun's Zenith should shuffle library twice, otherwise it will conflict with Psychogenic Probe, since we have TRIGGER_SPELL_OR_ABILITY_CAUSED_SHUFFLE.
sumomole
Programmer

Re: [REL] DotP 2014 - Core Fixes Mod v1.06

Postby RiiakShiNal » 25 Jul 2013, 12:01

sumomole wrote:Three errors:
1. The last ability of Blightsteel Colossus
1.1 Owner shuffle library, not effect controller.
1.2 Official code is wrong, it will cause the card can't be discarded in the cleanup step.
Confirmed on both problems, I'll test your fix for 1.2 before committing it. Fix Confirmed.

sumomole wrote:2. Lobotomy, "a card other than a basic land card" should use AddSubFilter_Or, not AddSubFilter_And.
Confirmed (logic bug due to not usage). It should also be noted that when searching "private" zones you are not required to actually find anything so it should also use QUERY_FLAG_UP_TO for the HAND and LIBRARY zones and when exiling it should only do the loop for compartments 1 through 4 not 1 through 5. (Ruling states that chosen card is exiled, though wording on card would indicate that it would not necessarily get exiled if not "found" due to being in a private zone.)

sumomole wrote:3. A small bug on the rule, Green Sun's Zenith should shuffle library twice, otherwise it will conflict with Psychogenic Probe, since we have TRIGGER_SPELL_OR_ABILITY_CAUSED_SHUFFLE.
Confirmed, the effect only causes one shuffle when it should cause two.

Update: v1.07 is now up.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Re: [REL] DotP 2014 - Core Fixes Mod v1.07

Postby NEMESiS » 25 Jul 2013, 19:25

Ok, now that this has finally be settled upon I can go back to the issue with Ovinize and Turn to Frog. While the card is codded correctly its supposed to remove all abilities from a creature (which it does). However, the issue comes when a creature is enchanted with lets say Spirit Mantle. The card should lose all abilities but retain the +1/+1 counters and this does not currently happen as it retains its protection. This has been discussed here for further review:

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/ ... f_any?pg=6

This even had the community manager hunting down a Rules Judge to clear up the rulings. :lol:
NEMESiS

Postby thefiremind » 25 Jul 2013, 19:53

I don't think any modder could do anything about that... the protection granted by Spirit Mantle is already on layer 6, which is right, so it's the LoseAllAbilities function that has a flaw.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby NEMESiS » 25 Jul 2013, 19:55

Well, Sean is going to make stainless aware of the issues so hopefully they can update it themselves.
NEMESiS

Postby thefiremind » 25 Jul 2013, 19:56

Now that I think about it better, actually there could be something that it's possible to do: make the protection from creatures a 100% granted ability, with parent:GetCurrentCharacteristics():GrantAbility(1) and so on.
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby RiiakShiNal » 25 Jul 2013, 20:40

NEMESiS wrote:Ok, now that this has finally be settled upon I can go back to the issue with Ovinize and Turn to Frog. While the card is codded correctly its supposed to remove all abilities from a creature (which it does). However, the issue comes when a creature is enchanted with lets say Spirit Mantle. The card should lose all abilities but retain the +1/+1 counters and this does not currently happen as it retains its protection. This has been discussed here for further review:

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/ ... f_any?pg=6

This even had the community manager hunting down a Rules Judge to clear up the rulings. :lol:
The problem here lies not with the coding of the cards (Ovinize and Turn to Frog), but with the coding of Protection() and LoseAllAbilities() in the engine (like thefiremind pointed out) which we can't change/fix. Though the problem can be worked around by making the protection provided by cards a granted ability (also like thefiremind pointed out). For the core cards this would mean changing 3 cards: Spirit Mantle, Stave Off, and Unquestioned Authority.

Edit: I'm having some problems trying to get the workaround method working (the ability is added properly and grants protection properly, but the protection isn't getting removed for some reason). I have a couple more tests to try out to see if I can get things working.

Edit 2: Turns out the problem I was having was a layer issue, apparently for LoseAllAbilities to work properly with things like Protection you need to GrantAbility on layer 6 then assign the protection on a higher layer (I used 7A because that is the next layer, 6A doesn't work neither does 7). I know this is technically not correct, but there really isn't another working option.

New version with the workaround for Protection() and LoseAllAbilities() is up.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Re: [REL] DotP 2014 - Core Fixes Mod v1.08

Postby Yraen » 31 Jul 2013, 23:52

It may be something I did wrong, but I was playing around with the Deck Builder and made a deck using Mikaeus, the Unhallowed (specifically added the one from the Core Fix wad). When creatures died, the Undying effect did not trigger. When I closed the game down, the SCRIPT_LOG.txt file opened with 3 lines of
[lua] [string "MIKAEUS_THE_UNHALLOWED_348996_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x00000226"]:2: attempt to call global 'RSN_Characteristics_CreateManagers' (a nil value)
and 82147 lines of
[lua] [string "MIKAEUS_THE_UNHALLOWED_348996_TITLE (CONTINUOUS_ACTION)~0x00000369"]:2: attempt to call global 'RSN_Characteristics_Set' (a nil value)
Just thought I'd add this here.
Yraen

Postby RiiakShiNal » 01 Aug 2013, 00:19

Yraen wrote:It may be something I did wrong, but I was playing around with the Deck Builder and made a deck using Mikaeus, the Unhallowed (specifically added the one from the Core Fix wad). When creatures died, the Undying effect did not trigger. When I closed the game down, the SCRIPT_LOG.txt file opened with 3 lines of
[lua] [string "MIKAEUS_THE_UNHALLOWED_348996_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x00000226"]:2: attempt to call global 'RSN_Characteristics_CreateManagers' (a nil value)
and 82147 lines of
[lua] [string "MIKAEUS_THE_UNHALLOWED_348996_TITLE (CONTINUOUS_ACTION)~0x00000369"]:2: attempt to call global 'RSN_Characteristics_Set' (a nil value)
Just thought I'd add this here.
This means that you did not install the mods that this requires (from first post):
RiiakShiNal wrote:Requirements:
Install the requirements and it should work fine.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Yraen » 01 Aug 2013, 00:25

Derp. Thanks. That'll teach me to not read everything.
Yraen

Postby MC Brodie » 01 Aug 2013, 00:28

This probably isn't a big issue to be fixed but in 2HG, Form of the Dragon reportedly lets an opponent's creature without flying to attack your partner (whereas since you are on the same team it shouldn't).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Song of the Day: 46 and 2 (cover)
MC Brodie

PreviousNext

Return to 2014