It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:59

Text Size

Android mods

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Android mods

Postby Bamafula » 25 Apr 2015, 00:46

I have made some progress. At the moment I can already make decks that use existing cards in the wad files. I have tried in single player and works fine. Now I will try to use other WADs because the images inside the wad in the Android seems to be different.

It is much information to be said. I will make a tutorial in the next days. It is not difficult to do but there are many steps.

Can I put the tutorial here when I finish?
Bamafula

Postby Bamafula » 25 Apr 2015, 21:29

The problem at the moment are the .TDX files. They are different in Android version of DotP 2014 from the PC. The Android Version is around 86kb and the PC around 126kb. I have tested another WAD and it works fine in my mod for android except for the card images not showing. It is the WAD from the link:
viewtopic.php?f=109&t=10914

I will try now the Community WADs. And make a tutorial so others can help me. It seems the problem will be the .TDX as the WADs for PCs ,apart from this, are working without need for changes.
Bamafula

Postby Bamafula » 28 Apr 2015, 13:40

The tutorial is ready but I could not post. It says:

Your post looks too spamy for a new user, please remove off-site URLs.

So I wish to send the tutorial to a moderator or someone that have the right to post.

Who can help help me?
Bamafula

Postby Aswan jaguar » 28 Apr 2015, 13:47

You just need to make 1 more post 5 is the limit for the antispam measureand then you can use urls.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Bamafula » 28 Apr 2015, 13:52

Thanks very much, I will try.
Bamafula

Postby Bamafula » 28 Apr 2015, 13:53

I will post a short tutorial. I will make a better one latter. I hope I will get some feedback with this one.

If the moderators wish to remove the links or move the topic elsewhere feel free.

The Android version of DotP2014 seems very similar to the PC. The big difference seems to be the .TDX card images. They are smaller and their header is also different. I have not been able to convert the PC ones to use in Android. I will need help with this. Seems to be difficult.

The Community WAD with the art images goes close to 2gb in size. The Android DotP 2014 has an apk around 10mb and an .obb that is around 1.5gb. The problem is that the obb maximum size is 2gb. There is a way to add a second obb, called patch obb but it is difficult for me to do it as my programming skills are short. I know how to get the .java classes out of the apk. But it would be necessary to change the code, a lot of work. So until this happen, the maximum size of WADs we can use is around 500mb.

I have managed to understand enough to package a WAD inside the obb. I have tried some and they work with little changes. One that I have tried is sumomole' DotP2014 DLC v9.5. It is a large WAD, more than 80 decks. And apart for the card images it works well. Very cool!

There are some links at the end. But read it first very carefully to understand the process. And I am not responsable if you get banned, brake you android, etc.

Also It is only a taste as it need to be improved. The card images will not appear. Multiplayer will not work with this decks.

The obb file that DotP2014 uses is different from most of Android's, that are only zip files. Using a hex editor you will see it has a header that contains the list of all the files and after this the files themselves concatenated. One problem is that each file has its start location and size in the header. So if you change one file you also have to change in the header all files that goes after that. Even if you change the size of the header itself you have to to that. And there are many considering the audio and video files.

One thing I found out is that the game don't crash if the video subtitles (which are disabled by default) are removed. This make space in the header to add more files at end of the obb. More exactly it leaves space that can be used to point to custom made wads at the end. The apk seems to check only the name of the wad, at least in the first version. And in the first version there are two wads (DATA_CORE.WAD and DATA_DECKS_D14.WAD) and the expansion has more two (DATA_DECKS_E14.WAD and DATA_DLC_0001.WAD. So I used only the name of this two expansion ones to make custom wads. Basically you have to extract the wads with Gibbed.Duels.Unpack.exe then remove DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS from them, put yours and pack them back compressed. Also need to change to content_pack="0" where it can be found. Take care with the case sensitive is also good.

To make a new .obb simply do this (in windows) : copy /b main.1.com.stainlessgames.D14.obb + DATA_DECKS_E14.WAD new.main.1.com.stainlessgames.D14.obb

Of course after this move the original one somewhere eles and remove the “new.”
Have to change the header now. Open the main.1.com.stainlessgames.D14.obb with an hex editor. I use hxd.

Search for the first FF FF FF FF . This FFs separates the header from the contents. You see in the example file (link at the end) I use more FFs than the original 4 just to complete the space because what comes after the FFs must start at the same place. Remember that I deleted some subtitles to make space. See in the example header, at the end of the file. And leave a comment if you have any doubts.

This mod need the DotP2014 apk version 1. Magic 2014 is no more on google play. So I put some links to download. Two files. One apk and one obb. They seem to be the original version and you still have to purchase to unlock some features. The Amazon version is still avaiable for download. It is different. But I can try to use it as well, in the future.

So the links are here:

Apk:
http://lo3.get4mobile.net/android/Ye80F ... c_2014.apk

OBB:
http://lo1.get4mobile.net/android/h-yvv ... c_2014.zip

Also try my example header:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8BBPs ... sp=sharing

And a already packaged wad for that header:

This WAD above is from sumomole, I just packaged it again from the link:

viewtopic.php?f=109&t=10914

And a example DATA_DECKS_E14.WAD without contents, if you want to build yours. Remember. Unpack, then put your DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS inside it then pack compressed. Have to put ART_ASSETS, CARDS, DECKS etc all in the same wad.

So to test Magic on you Android download the first 4 files. Do that copy command I mentioned earlier. Open the new obb in a hex editor. And also the header. And copy all the header and paste replacing. The obb you put inside /Android/obb/com.stainlessgames.D14/ folder in your Android tablet.

I will also make a header for apk version 1.5 soon.

I will try to answer the doubts, though I will not have much time in the new 2 days.

I almost forgot, this header can be used for every wad named DATA_DECKS_E14.WAD. Need to change just the size of the file. Near the end of the file there is this in hex: 06 D0 A4 08.

To get this number get the file size in bytes. In this case it is 145.018.886. Remove the commas and use a Decimal to Hex converter. It will be 8A4D006, put a 0 in the beginning if needed then separate, 08 A4 D0 06 then invert. It will become 06 D0 A4 08.

For now better only use 1 wad and change only the size. Can use another, maybe more, but it is more difficult.

This is my first tutorial here. Sorry if I am not following some rules. And I would like to thank Eglin that made the first script to extract the obb. I will try to answer the questions and I hope I get help with the .TDX files.

Regards

Bamafula
Bamafula

Postby Bamafula » 28 Apr 2015, 19:35

Update.

The right apk file in the link of the previous post is the first one. Which says: Android 2.3.3 and higher

I also uploaded some .TDX of the Android version. I need help converting TDXs from PC to Android.

TDX:

Also I upload one more WAD and a Header for it. I explained in the last post how to use it. It works well except for the card images and multiplayer. So test and ask questions if you have doubts.

This is from a Volrathxp WAD.

Header for this WAD

Volrathxp WAD
Bamafula

Postby Bamafula » 04 May 2015, 23:31

I got the card images to work too. They use a uncompressed format and uses more space though. I will try now with the default compressed ones.

I will update my posts soon, with the new links.

I would like to know if anyone has tried to make it work following my tutorial.

I will try to think a way to make it easier.
Bamafula

Postby RushRuin79 » 05 May 2015, 05:42

Haven't tried it.. Yet... Buy I gave it some serious thought time though.. But I haven't toyed with hex editing since.. DOS/win95'8'ish .. Diablo! That's when it was.. Anyways.. I didn't see any/much response to your posts earlier.. But.. I'm interested in your progress.. And I'm sure probably not the only one.. It's been a minute since this thread has seen any "action". Gluck..

-midnight ramblings.. Yeesh..
RushRuin79

Postby Bamafula » 06 May 2015, 15:04

Thanks RushRuin79 for the reply. Actually the Hex editor is for a select / replace only. You only need to read the whole tutorial if you want to make your bundle. To use the 2 WADs from the links I posted it is easier.

I want now to make a bundle and make it easier to install. I think by the weekend I will have some news.

And I have just got the compressed images to work as well. The format they use is very unusual. I will detail later. They use only 86kb.
Bamafula

Postby Bamafula » 14 Jun 2015, 17:45

I have some news and a update.

The bad news is that the DotP 2014 for Android is not in Google Play anymore. So it is not possible to buy the full version of the game. That means we can't play online. Probably the server for 2014 is down anyway.

It was sometime ago, and I knew it. But today I played the game in single player with some mods I converted. And I had fun with it, so I thought others might have too. So I will post a update file and try to keep updating.

One mod I really liked was made by volrathxp. I sort of converted it to work with the Android DotP 2014. But I am thinking of a way to convert the Community WADs and Decks and I make have them working too in the future.

---

You will download 2 files from the following page, The apk and the obb:
http://play.mob.org/game/magic_2014.html

The apk says: Android 2.3.3 and higher [4.7 MB] [apk]
and the obb says: Game cache [1.2 GB] [zip]

Download to you computer with Windows and extract the zip file of the obb. There will be a folder "com.stainlessgames.D14" and inside the obb named main.1.com.stainlessgames.D14.obb.
Rename it to main.1.com.stainlessgames.D14.obb.backup

Download DATA_DECKS_VOLRATHXP.WAD from this link and put it in the same folder.

Open a command prompt and "cd" to the folder where the main.1.com.stainlessgames.D14.obb.backup and the Wad are.
do this command (without the quotes):
"copy /b main.1.com.stainlessgames.D14.obb.backup + DATA_DECKS_VOLRATHXP.WAD main.1.com.stainlessgames.D14.obb"

Now open the main.1.com.stainlessgames.D14.obb with any Hex editor, such as HxD.

Search for the following string, in Hex:

23 00 00 00 4D 6F 76 69 65 73 5C 53 75 62 74 69 74 6C 65 73 5C 52 41 4D 41 5A 5F 4F 55 54 52 4F 5F 52 55 2E 78 6D 6C 23 71 BC 4C FC 02 00 00 FF FF FF FF

and replace with

18 00 00 00 44 41 54 41 5F 44 45 43 4B 53 5F 56 4F 4C 52 41 54 48 58 50 2E 57 41 44 1F 74 BC 4C 5E 1F 67 06 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF

and Save.

In your Android device there will be a folder called Android. Inside it, create a folder named obb (if it does not exist). And inside create com.stainlessgames.D14 and paste your main.1.com.stainlessgames.D14.obb inside it.
Then install the app "1_magic_2014.apk" you downloaded.

That's it, have fun

And tell what you think please.

If people like I will try to make it better and larger. This Wad already have 69 added decks.
Bamafula

Postby Pongpyng » 14 Jun 2015, 18:12

Thank you for the development. Correct me if I'm wrong but, I think DotP 2014 for Android doesn't have online server. Multiplayer is only available via bluetooth ad-hoc.

However, I found DotP 2014 is better for casual single player than 2015 which single player is too easy for deck building play. I'm glad to hear about the progress and I'll try it out on my tablet first thing tomorrow :D
Pongpyng

Postby Bamafula » 14 Jun 2015, 20:00

Thanks Pongpyng for the interest. The Android multiplayer is actually only via bluetooth ad-hoc as you said. You are right.

I didn't know that... also didn´t know that the free version only have Innistrad. I spent more time doing the mod than playing.

I found two things to fix already, one is that after you pass the tutorial some decks become locked again. And there is a display error around the decks, not the cards. I will try to fix it soon.

I just read that the DotP 2015 for PC is having progress. Maybe I can use some information and make a version for Android.

That can be better since it have "normal" multiplayer.
Bamafula

Previous

Return to 2014