It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 18:36

Text Size

Android mods

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Android mods

Postby dearlord » 30 Jul 2013, 01:51

I made this topic to gather news about mods for android.
Someone?
dearlord

Re: Android mods

Postby Scion of Darkness » 30 Jul 2013, 16:06

About android mods, that's dificult,because decks and all that stuff are all packed in an .obb (something like opaque binary blob) file, and decompile it with android tools its easy, but the problem comes after, when the apk detecs a modified .obb file, it tries to download it again and wont recognize the modded one, basically only someone with extended android knowledge can decompile, make the necessary changes in the apk and then recompile everything to make it work =(
Scion of Darkness

Postby JaYBa420 » 30 Jul 2013, 23:15

I would like to throw my hat in the ring to help.

can you hook me up with the modified obb?
Are you testing with a legit (purchased) apk?

I have a cracked apk (which i acquired after purchasing for backup of course), the cracked APK has internet checks disabled. Is it the apk that verifies the size of the obb or does it re download because the modified obb doesn't match what is on the server? If it's the latter, it should work on the cracked version. Id be willing to try anyway. If i have no luck, I'll begin researching de-compiling apks.
JaYBa420

Postby dearlord » 31 Jul 2013, 11:49

The only problem I have at the moment is to decrypt the file obb.
I can not edit its contents.
After editing the OBB believe I can modify the apk.
dearlord

Postby JaYBa420 » 31 Jul 2013, 13:18

dearlord wrote:The only problem I have at the moment is to decrypt the file obb.
I can not edit its contents.
After editing the OBB believe I can modify the apk.
Install android sdk and use the jobb tool to unpack the obb

i tried to post the link but im a new user and i cant do off site links in a post :evil:

anyway, just google jobb tool and you'll see it
JaYBa420

Postby dearlord » 31 Jul 2013, 21:10

I tried using the jobb.
But no success.
Anyone ever tried it?
dearlord

Postby JaYBa420 » 01 Aug 2013, 04:00

dearlord wrote:I tried using the jobb.
But no success.
Anyone ever tried it?
yea, youre right... i got errors trying to dump

i'll keep looking
JaYBa420

Postby szx86 » 30 Aug 2013, 06:39

Anyone ? Or android is dead =(
szx86

Postby Eglin » 09 Oct 2013, 03:45

Hi folks,

I've written a simple Ruby script to unpack the Android game's data files. The script operates on the .dat files in the res/raw folder of the apk. The files will need to be concatenated before they can be unpacked, and I'll include a batch file for use.

I'm not really setup for Android/ARM debugging, so I'm not sure this will really help very much until someone gets some reversing done on libDuels.so, but it's fun to be able to poke around at least.

raw.zip
Ruby script to unpack dat files
(933 Bytes) Downloaded 332 times
Eglin
Programmer

Postby Eglin » 16 Oct 2013, 04:59

Someone asked in a PM how I unpacked the Android data files, so I'll describe the process here.

1) I bought the app and expansion from Amazon and downloaded/installed it.
2) I went into the /data/app folder on my rooted device and copied the com.stainlessgames.d14-1.apk to my PC. If your device weren't rooted and you were setup for proper Android hacking, you could probably use ADB.
3) I used Winzip to unpack the apk file. If you're setup for proper Java hacking, you can probably use the JAR tool.
4) I concatenated all the obbchunk*.dat files in the com.stainlessgames.D14-1.apk\res\raw folder using a command like the one in the batch file I included.
5) I ran my Ruby script to extract all the data files.
6) I'm left with .wad files that are similar, though not identical, to the ones from the PC version. Standard wad tools read the files just fine, though.

I haven't tried the process in reverse, modded or otherwise, or otherwise tried to assess mutability of the game. I'm assuming that the game and/or the Amazon DRM has integrity checks against the apk, but I don't see any technical reason a person couldn't mod those out and sideload the new apk.
Eglin
Programmer

Postby szx86 » 16 Oct 2013, 06:57

Goodluck guys ! Android user would be damn happy once it is able to be mod
szx86

Postby rafaelsv » 02 Jan 2014, 16:08

Hello guys. Just wondering... is it possible to make a custom deck in android? or at least on a PC and then copy to a tablet? I think it would be cool enough if it were possible to make a deck mixing existing "legal" cards included in the decks found in the game.
rafaelsv

Postby thepiebaker » 03 Jan 2014, 03:33

unfortuneately i have seen no news on any customizations/mods for android and i think all relevant modders have given up on figuring it out
thepiebaker

Postby rafaelsv » 03 Jan 2014, 15:57

Thanks, thepiebaker.
Sad to hear that. I think Wizards would not really loose that much if they let people customize their decks in DotP, only using the cards in the game and just be able to use those decks inside the game. I think it'd be an even better way to learn to play and I believe it would be the same amount of people who would pass from Duels to Magic Online at some point, anyway.
rafaelsv

Postby Bamafula » 07 Apr 2015, 19:33

Hello everyone.

I have used the ruby script Eglin provided and it unpacked the obb file nicely. I am not a programmer but I think the next step would be another script to repack the files to obb.

The apk file itself is a smaller problem. There is a software, d2j, that can unpack the classes.dex file inside the apk. And I think I know the file that need to be altered to avoid the checks of the obb. The d2j can also sign the apk.

Can someone help repack the files to obb again?
Bamafula

Next

Return to 2014