It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 17:51

Text Size

TFM&G2K's Planeswalkers Pool v8g (12/Sep/2014)

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: TFM&G2K's Planeswalkers Pool v8g (12/Sep/2014)

Postby Tejahn » 10 Oct 2014, 00:20

Thanks fallenangle! I actually went through and corrected Sorin's first ability in my Mardu Massacre deck a while back when NeoAnderson made me more aware about being rule-compliant. Keep up the awesome work!

EDIT: I'm grabbing your DL right now.
Tejahn

Postby Kithkin » 10 Oct 2014, 18:18

Bug report

Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker -- second part of his ultimate ability does not work (fallenangle's version)
Kithkin

Postby fallenangle » 11 Oct 2014, 14:49

Thanks for letting me know, Kithkin. I'll check it out and see what the problem is.

Edit: It should be fixed now. I accidentally left a conflicting resource id in the second part of his ultimate, which is why it didn't work before. Sorry about that! If you find anything else that needs fixing, let me know and I'll try to take a look at it.
fallenangle

Postby fallenangle » 16 Oct 2014, 16:34

After seeing my Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker with five loyalty counters fall in combat to a 1/1 white flying Spirit token, I've updated the token created by Sarkhan (the dragon creature he becomes) so that it doesn't receive damage (and thus shouldn't lose any loyalty counters and die suddenly). The download file has been updated in my earlier post. With any luck, this should finally fix Sarkhan so that he functions properly. Please let me know if you encounter any further issues.
fallenangle

Postby Xander9009 » 16 Oct 2014, 16:41

fallenangle wrote:After seeing my Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker with five loyalty counters fall in combat to a 1/1 white flying Spirit token, I've updated the token created by Sarkhan (the dragon creature he becomes) so that it doesn't receive damage (and thus shouldn't lose any loyalty counters and die suddenly). The download file has been updated in my earlier post. With any luck, this should finally fix Sarkhan so that he functions properly. Please let me know if you encounter any further issues.
Won't this interfere with things like "When this creature deals combat damage, ..."? I think a better way to handle this would be to make the code that removes the loyalty counters check if the permanent is a planeswalker at the time. If that's not possible, then it's an acceptable approximation.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Kithkin » 16 Oct 2014, 17:37

fallenangle wrote:After seeing my Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker with five loyalty counters fall in combat to a 1/1 white flying Spirit token, I've updated the token created by Sarkhan (the dragon creature he becomes) so that it doesn't receive damage (and thus shouldn't lose any loyalty counters and die suddenly). The download file has been updated in my earlier post. With any luck, this should finally fix Sarkhan so that he functions properly. Please let me know if you encounter any further issues.
The dragon token still dies in combat.
Kithkin

Postby Xander9009 » 16 Oct 2014, 17:39

Kithkin wrote:The dragon token still dies in combat.
The dragon token is indestructible. But yes, it should still take damage.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Kithkin » 16 Oct 2014, 17:58

It should take damage, but it should stay on the battlefield, right?
Kithkin

Postby Xander9009 » 16 Oct 2014, 18:28

Kithkin wrote:It should take damage, but it should stay on the battlefield, right?
Yes. Unless it's lost its abilities, making it no longer indestructible.

@fallenangel: I would look at line 327 of the planeswalker manager. I think adding
Code: Select all
and TriggerObject():GetCardType():Test(CARD_TYPE_PLANESWALKER)
shouold be enough to ensure that planeswalkers don't lose loyalty counters from taking damage if they're not planeswalkers at the time the damage is dealt.

The other issue would be whether or not they can redirect damage/attacks to the planeswalker if they're not a planeswalker at the time the attack is declared or the damage-producing ability/spell resolves.

@Neo
NeoAnderson wrote:I also decided to turn back to version 1.1 about the situation with Vesuvan Shapeshifter and similar cards because reading again the rules it talks about cards who are copying entering onto battlefield so if another card already onto battlefield copy the dragon it will be a planeswalker without loyalty counters so it should to die.
Its gatherer page says it should have 4 loyalty counters no matter how many are on the actual creature/planeswalker. This is due to the rule 306.5b which says planeswalkers have the text "This permanent enters the battlefield with a number of loyalty counters on it equal to its printed loyalty number." The printed loyalty number for the copy is 4, so that's how many loyalty counters it gets.
Last edited by Xander9009 on 16 Oct 2014, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby fallenangle » 16 Oct 2014, 19:46

Thanks for the info. I'll check out the fix to the PW Manager you suggested. I think the problem with cards like Vesuvan Shapeshifter comes from whether or not they are already on the battlefield when they copy the Sarkhan Dragon. If they aren't, they should get 4 loyalty counters, just as you suggested. If they are already on the battlefield prior to becoming copies of Sarkhan, then they may not be entitled to loyalty counters, since they didn't technically enter the battlefield as a copy of Sarkhan. That's the debate that led Neo to revert some of his changes, if I remember correctly.
fallenangle

Postby Xander9009 » 16 Oct 2014, 19:54

fallenangle wrote:Thanks for the info. I'll check out the fix to the PW Manager you suggested. I think the problem with cards like Vesuvan Shapeshifter comes from whether or not they are already on the battlefield when they copy the Sarkhan Dragon. If they aren't, they should get 4 loyalty counters, just as you suggested. If they are already on the battlefield prior to becoming copies of Sarkhan, then they may not be entitled to loyalty counters, since they didn't technically enter the battlefield as a copy of Sarkhan. That's the debate that led Neo to revert some of his changes, if I remember correctly.
My bad. I didn't pay enough attention to the fact that it would already be on the battlefield. Scratch that bit.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby NeoAnderson » 16 Oct 2014, 19:58

Xander9009 wrote:
fallenangle wrote:Thanks for the info. I'll check out the fix to the PW Manager you suggested. I think the problem with cards like Vesuvan Shapeshifter comes from whether or not they are already on the battlefield when they copy the Sarkhan Dragon. If they aren't, they should get 4 loyalty counters, just as you suggested. If they are already on the battlefield prior to becoming copies of Sarkhan, then they may not be entitled to loyalty counters, since they didn't technically enter the battlefield as a copy of Sarkhan. That's the debate that led Neo to revert some of his changes, if I remember correctly.
My bad. I didn't pay enough attention to the fact that it would already be on the battlefield. Scratch that bit.
yes is right, the cards who copy from battlefield will not get the counters because they didn't enter the battlefield.
About the damage issue you could just clear the damage assignment before to revert it to a planeswalker.
NeoAnderson

Postby fallenangle » 16 Oct 2014, 21:09

I tested the bit of code that Xander9009 suggested I add to the PLW Manager, and I just fought a duel in which my Sarkhan took 4 damage in combat and survived. I'll fix the upload now. Thanks, Xander! If anyone else encounters anything that needs fixing, please let me know.
fallenangle

Postby Kithkin » 18 Oct 2014, 20:54

Kithkin wrote:Bug report

Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker -- second part of his ultimate ability does not work (fallenangle's version)
I just want to report that the ultimate ability now works as intended.
Kithkin

Postby fallenangle » 07 Nov 2014, 23:48

New update! Added Tejahn's Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury, updated with token registration and artwork for her and a fresh token + artwork for the Elf-Druid token she produces. As always, these planeswalkers are the hard work of gorem2k, thefiremind, neoanderson, tejahn, and others. I'm just keeping the wad and its LOL file updated. If you encounter any problems, please let me know.

Update 2: Added Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath and Nahiri, the Lithomancer, along with their tokens. Both were coded by me with some big help from Neo and Xander9009. MAJOR thanks to NeoAnderson for helping me with Nahiri's second ability and several other issues I was having. This update also includes a revised version of Thefiremind's Leyline of Deity card, tweaked by Neo, that allows you to add 20 loyalty counters to a Planeswalker (for easy testing). IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT OB NIXILIS' ultimate: because DOTP doesn't really support giving emblems to a player, his ultimate is coded as an activated ability on creatures you control. Simply mouse over a creature you control, then move down to the ability and activate it to sacrifice the creature for cards and life (assuming you have the mana to pay for it!). I will work on Daretti and Teferi in the next couple of days and hope to have them up soon as well. Enjoy, and please let me know if you have any problems.

Update 3: Added Daretti, Scrap Savant. Thanks to Neo for checking my code and providing valuable suggestions. Teferi is in limbo for now until someone more talented than I can figure out how to code and account for the changes contingent on his ultimate. For now, enjoy Daretti, Ob Nixilis, Nahiri, and Tejahn's Freyalise. As always, let me know if you encounter any problems.

Update 4: Added Teferi, Temporal Archmage. Thanks to thefiremind, Riiak, and Neo for advice. MASSIVE thanks to Xander9009 for coming up with the code for his ultimate, and for automating the process of adding the new availability and AI Availability tags that make Teferi's ultimate work properly. Be advised that having multiple planeswalkers on the battlefield (I tested them with four in play) will cause some slowdown. As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues. Most of all, be sure to say thanks to all of the amazing modders who made it possible for us to play with all of these planeswalkers!

Update 5: Retooled Teferi and all PLWs to make his ultimate work even better with the AI using it. Updated PLW.lol to include the new value for the ultimate. These changes were made thanks to Xander, who helped by automating and restructuring the Availability tags. Also retooled Teferi's second ability based on the code for Nissa Worldwaker's second, so it's much cleaner than before and should allow you to untap even permanents you don't control. Enjoy, and let me know if you encounter any issues.

Update 6: Fixed Teferi's first ability so it works as intended and not as a copy of his second. Sorry about that!
Attachments
DATA_DLC_PLW.zip
(19.57 MiB) Downloaded 1413 times
Last edited by fallenangle on 15 Nov 2014, 15:38, edited 6 times in total.
fallenangle

PreviousNext

Return to 2014