It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:42

Text Size

MTG - BORN OF THE GODS - COMPLETE SET - UPDATE DXT1

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: MTG - BORN OF THE GODS - COMPLETE SET - UPDATE DXT1

Postby Xander9009 » 10 Sep 2014, 15:42

Tromokratis has a tricky ability to code, and thus far is I think believed to be impossible. However, what if...
  1. Declare Tromokratis as an attacker
  2. Defending player (before blockers are declared) is asked if they would like to block Tromokratis
  3. Tromokratis is granted either Unblockable or All must block based on answer.

Would this be closer than whatever was thought of before for it?

EDIT: This wouldn't fix things like certain creatures not being ABLE to block it. Dang. Still. Possibly closer? I haven't coded in awhile. Was it possible to check if A can block B?
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby NeoAnderson » 10 Sep 2014, 16:28

Xander9009 wrote:Tromokratis has a tricky ability to code, and thus far is I think believed to be impossible. However, what if...
  1. Declare Tromokratis as an attacker
  2. Defending player (before blockers are declared) is asked if they would like to block Tromokratis
  3. Tromokratis is granted either Unblockable or All must block based on answer.

Would this be closer than whatever was thought of before for it?

EDIT: This wouldn't fix things like certain creatures not being ABLE to block it. Dang. Still. Possibly closer? I haven't coded in awhile. Was it possible to check if A can block B?
I remember i had similar discussion with Firemind and Riiak you can read why is not possible just few pages first, here you can read the discussion :
Tomokratis is not possible to code for this reasons
NeoAnderson

Postby Evalis » 10 Sep 2014, 20:29

Minor (and strange) Bug with Heroes podium. Enemy creatures get +1/+1 to their legendary creatures for each legendary creature controlled by the controller of the Podium.
Evalis

Postby Xander9009 » 10 Sep 2014, 21:21

Alright. Unfortunately, it was exactly how I remembered (I didn't think we could check if A can block B). However, there appears to be fewer cards than I expected that his would be an issue with since for most cards we can just check if they have flying, etc. 33 to be exact. That'll be doable with a name table. Perhaps not a great way to do it, but doable at least. However, I'm not sure on one thing: if it gains fear after the player has chosen to block it (or flying, shadow, or whatever evasion you want), then that player should be able to assign those blockers elsewhere, and Tromokratis should be unblockable, but this doesn't happen because the decision was already made. Would it be possible to repeat the question if Tromokratis is changed in any way? Possibly by triggering on any spell/ability resolution? Check for any evasion ability again and for any relevant card names, and if Tromokratis can still block, then ask again?

Also, what happens if blockers have already been declared with everything blocking Tromokratis and then for some reason one or more can't? Are all the defenders removed from combat? Does Tromokratis deal damage to those remaining? Does it deal damage to the player?

EDIT: 26 more that I overlooked, but they're very well grouped, they're the set of cards which can "block only creatures with flying".
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby NeoAnderson » 10 Sep 2014, 21:33

Xander9009 wrote:Alright. Unfortunately, it was exactly how I remembered (I didn't think we could check if A can block B). However, there appears to be fewer cards than I expected that his would be an issue with since for most cards we can just check if they have flying, etc. 33 to be exact. That'll be doable with a name table. Perhaps not a great way to do it, but doable at least. However, I'm not sure on one thing: if it gains fear after the player has chosen to block it (or flying, shadow, or whatever evasion you want), then that player should be able to assign those blockers elsewhere, and Tromokratis should be unblockable, but this doesn't happen because the decision was already made. Would it be possible to repeat the question if Tromokratis is changed in any way? Possibly by triggering on any spell/ability resolution? Check for any evasion ability again and for any relevant card names, and if Tromokratis can still block, then ask again?

Also, what happens if blockers have already been declared with everything blocking Tromokratis and then for some reason one or more can't? Are all the defenders removed from combat? Does Tromokratis deal damage to those remaining? Does it deal damage to the player?

EDIT: 26 more that I overlooked, but they're very well grouped, they're the set of cards which can "block only creatures with flying".
Dotp doesn't give us too much to do during certain situation and we cannot force more then we already are doing.
You surely cannot do anything after blocking declared resolution. And you can onky check registered characteristics, some cannot be checked as like Protection..
NeoAnderson

Postby NeoAnderson » 10 Sep 2014, 22:47

Evalis wrote:Minor (and strange) Bug with Heroes podium. Enemy creatures get +1/+1 to their legendary creatures for each legendary creature controlled by the controller of the Podium.
I am sorry for the inconvenience, as i am coding all these set alone and i made just some basic tests sometimes i can miss something or just i make distraction mistakes. Anyway i fixed the card now it gives the bonus only to the legendary creatures you control.
I'm going to upload the new wad.
NeoAnderson

Postby Xander9009 » 10 Sep 2014, 22:54

I meant trigger it based on the resolution of other spells and abilities with TRIGGER_ABILITY_RESOLVED and TRIGGER_SPELL_RESOLVED. If it's a time when the player can't do anything, then we don't need to do anything, so that wouldn't be relevant.

I know certain ability can't be simply checked, but I as far as I knew all of the evasion ones could be. Only characteristic ability can be directly checked, but you're right, I hadn't considered that protection grants evasion and isn't a characteristic. And yet another obstacle! :(
So now the question becomes, "Is it possible to detect if A has protection from B?" It's not, though, at least not reliably in any way I can think of. The best I got was to try and check if a creature could be targeted by an ability from the Tromokratis. If it has protection, then it won't. If the ability automatically added all of the opponents' creatures to a list using targeting, then those with protection wouldn't be in that list. That would leave needing to check if they have shroud or hexproof, though. If they don't, then they have protection. If they do, though, then they might still have protection and we can't detect it, which makes this useless, unfortunately. Ah well. Worth a shot.

The only way then would probably be to have a list set up to detect protection cards based on name, and that combined with the already 59 card list would be a bit too much work to make just a couple of cards work. Still, if someone wanted to put together two sets of functions for detecting special blocking restrictions and protection abilities, they would allow for a handful of interesting cards. I'm certainly not tackling it any time soon, though.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby NeoAnderson » 10 Sep 2014, 23:05

Xander9009 wrote:I meant trigger it based on the resolution of other spells and abilities with TRIGGER_ABILITY_RESOLVED and TRIGGER_SPELL_RESOLVED. If it's a time when the player can't do anything, then we don't need to do anything, so that wouldn't be relevant.

I know certain ability can't be simply checked, but I as far as I knew all of the evasion ones could be. Only characteristic ability can be directly checked, but you're right, I hadn't considered that protection grants evasion and isn't a characteristic. And yet another obstacle! :(
So now the question becomes, "Is it possible to detect if A has protection from B?" It's not, though, at least not reliably in any way I can think of. The best I got was to try and check if a creature could be targeted by an ability from the Tromokratis. If it has protection, then it won't. If the ability automatically added all of the opponents' creatures to a list using targeting, then those with protection wouldn't be in that list. That would leave needing to check if they have shroud or hexproof, though. If they don't, then they have protection. If they do, though, then they might still have protection and we can't detect it, which makes this useless, unfortunately. Ah well. Worth a shot.

The only way then would probably be to have a list set up to detect protection cards based on name, and that combined with the already 59 card list would be a bit too much work to make just a couple of cards work. Still, if someone wanted to put together two sets of functions for detecting special blocking restrictions and protection abilities, they would allow for a handful of interesting cards. I'm certainly not tackling it any time soon, though.
I also had similar problem when i made my own approximation of bestow (The only 1 approximation made until now), and i had to use some workaround but the situation was different.
Anyway you cannot use targetting without the card requires it, because you could activate triggers ability like illusion creatures.
For Example you try to check if a card has protection, and this card has an ability like "When XXXXXXXXX becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it.", you are going to make a mess!
My suggestion is to give up also because are really few cards involved and is not an important mechanics that needs an hard work to make an acceptable approximation, i am already giving my blood for Morph ability right now and i also already gave it for (Bestow, Overload, Strive).
NeoAnderson

Postby Xander9009 » 10 Sep 2014, 23:14

Yep, I'd thought about illusions after posting. Doesn't matter, though, since it wouldn't have worked anyway. And yeah, that's why I said someone else was free to haha. Way to much work for just a few cards. But at the same time, I've seen lots of work put into just a card or two because a particular person wanted them that badly.

What was difficult about Overload and Strive? (I can definitely understand the difficulty of bestow and morph.) Overload seems relatively simple (and I just don't know what strive does).
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby NeoAnderson » 10 Sep 2014, 23:46

Xander9009 wrote:Yep, I'd thought about illusions after posting. Doesn't matter, though, since it wouldn't have worked anyway. And yeah, that's why I said someone else was free to haha. Way to much work for just a few cards. But at the same time, I've seen lots of work put into just a card or two because a particular person wanted them that badly.

What was difficult about Overload and Strive? (I can definitely understand the difficulty of bestow and morph.) Overload seems relatively simple (and I just don't know what strive does).
Basically OverLoad cards : OverLoad is a keyword ability that was introduced in Return to Ravnica. Dragon's Maze added 2 cards with overload. It provides an alternate and more expensive mana cost for a card which can be used when casting it, and upon doing it increases the whole effect of the card.
702.95. Overload
702.95a Overload is a keyword that represents two static abilities: one that functions from any zone in which the spell with overload can be cast and another that functions while the card is on the stack. Overload [cost] means "You may choose to pay [cost] rather than pay this spell’s mana cost" and "If you chose to pay this spell’s overload cost, change its text by replacing all instances of the word 'target' with the word 'each.'" Using the overload ability follows the rules for paying alternative costs in rules 601.2b and 601.2e–g.
702.95b If a player chooses to pay the overload cost of a spell, that spell won’t require any targets. It may affect objects that couldn’t be chosen as legal targets if the spell were cast without its overload cost being paid.
702.95c Overload’s second ability creates a text-changing effect. See rule 612, "Text-Changing Effects."

The difficulty is that if you cast a normal spell it has target if you overloaded it it has not target but affect "EACH" creatures without targetting. The targetting into Magic are made before pay costs, then you decide, and this make the card complicated to code and it has still some limitation, because if for some reason you cannot target something you should not be able to play overloaded too, and this is not the way overloaded cards are made. Example : Street Spasm

Strive :Strive is an ability word introduced in Journey into Nyx, where it is connected to the hero theme of the block. A spell with a strive ability lets you pump more mana into it to increase the number of targets. Similar abilities had been featured before on cards like Fireball and some multikicker cards in Zendikar block.
You choose how many targets each spell with a strive ability has and what those targets are as you cast it. It’s legal to cast such a spell with no targets, although this is rarely a good idea. You can’t choose the same target more than once for a single strive spell.
The mana cost and converted mana cost of strive spells don’t change no matter how many targets they have. Strive abilities affect only what you pay. For example, the converted mana cost of Desperate Stand is always 2.
If all of the spell’s targets are illegal when the spell tries to resolve, it will be countered and none of its effects will happen. If one or more of its targets are legal when it tries to resolve, the spell will resolve and affect only those legal targets. It will have no effect on any illegal targets.
If such a spell is copied, and the effect that copies the spell allows a player to choose new targets for the copy, the number of targets can’t be changed. The player may change any number of the targets, including all of them or none of them. If, for one of the targets, the player can’t choose a new legal target, then it remains unchanged (even if the current target is illegal).
If a spell or ability allows you to cast a strive spell without paying its mana cost, you must pay the additional costs for any targets beyond the first.

As you cast a spell with strive, you can choose any number of targets, paying an additional cost for each target beyond the first.
Strive have similar issues because of targetting but for me was more simple to avoid the problem using that targetting, but not all the people here believed it was doable. Example : Ajani's Presence
NeoAnderson

Postby Evalis » 11 Sep 2014, 01:32

You don't need to apologize. You don't even need to do anything. I just thought you would want to know. It's easier to find stuff with people playtesting then doing it on your own. Thank you for taking the time to update it though!

If I could code cards that would probably help more.. but I'm not at that stage yet ^^;
Evalis

Postby NeoAnderson » 19 Sep 2014, 23:37

DOWNLOAD WAD FILE : UPDATE FIXED Card Peregrination
CHANGELOG :
REV 1.C - FIXED CARD - FIXED Card Peregrination (resaved because the game was not able to load it)
REV 1.B - FIXED CARD - FIXED Card Heroes’ Podium (Now it properly assign bonus only to controlled Legendary creatures)
REV 1.A - FIXED CARD - Perplexing Chimera (Now it properly works compliant to MTG RULES)
NeoAnderson

Postby mpyogatama » 03 Oct 2014, 20:42

i have been replace the born of gods wad rev1c wad file in my magic 2014 main folder but i cant find my born of gods deck
please help me
mpyogatama

Postby NeoAnderson » 03 Oct 2014, 20:46

mpyogatama wrote:i have been replace the born of gods wad rev1c wad file in my magic 2014 main folder but i cant find my born of gods deck
please help me
My wad are only core wad without decks, any update doesn't change cards name or references, so the custom decks are not involved.
Anyway try to open your custom deck with RiiakShiNal DeckBuilder and check if all the cards are available or if you get an error log. Then resave it.
NeoAnderson

Postby nguyenxthinh » 03 Nov 2014, 11:09

When I used Dawn to Dusk to destroy target enchantment (I activated the second option) I got this:
[lua] [string "BNG_006_NEO_DAWN_TO_DUSK_999378378_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x00000438"]:2: attempt to index a nil value
The chosen enchantment was not destroyed. :(
nguyenxthinh

PreviousNext

Return to 2014