It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:05

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby Chakan » 30 Nov 2015, 04:01

If anyone has been reading up on Oath of the Gatewatch spoilers, it looks like there'll be a new type of mana. Can a new type of mana be modded into the game?
Chakan

Postby Xander9009 » 30 Nov 2015, 11:37

Just looked at it. Maybe? It'll be possible to make it work for casting cards by simply making it a restricted mana, make the card require that you have some mana of the correct type or you can't cast it. However, we can't necessarily make it so you must actually use that mana. I'd have to think about it more.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 01 Dec 2015, 17:43

UPDATE

From now on, all art files will be named according to the name of the card on which they will be used. The method is very simple and does not include multiverse IDs.

If it is a card with a unique card name, then it uses its CARDNAME text.

If it is a card without a unique card name (Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker transforms into a dragon without changing names; most tokens have multiple versions with the same name), then it uses its FILENAME. This is because those cards will not have their multiverse ID in their FILENAME text anyway.

This means that converting art for the CW is actually much easier now, as you don't need to bother with which set the card is currently set to pull from. You only have to know its name. It also means that all unused art is being removed from the CW, reducing its size without any loss of used content.

I've tested that everything still works, and the art and core will all be backed up before I replace the wads.

Currently, the plan is to modify the wad repacking utility so it packs 250 MB worth of uncompressed images into each wad until there are no images left. This makes about 5 normal art wads, as tokens and other special images will get their own. The updating process will be slightly different. I'm going to make it so all new art added to or modified from the older versions will be packed into a smaller wad with a higher priority so it acts as an update file. When this wad reaches 100 MB or so, the wads will all be repacked making a new update. This means that most image updates will be a small download, but there will occasionally be large updates wherein all art wads are remade. The art wads may not update at all for a few days. I'm going to disable that part of the packer for now, but the core should continue to update normally.

If anyone has any ideas or thoughts on this, let me know. Nothing is set in stone, yet.

This only changes two things for the core.
1: Tokens will no longer have mismatched art when a new token is added. Previously, all tokens alphabetically after the one added were modified to insert the new one in the line of tokens (they were all numbered). Now, they use filenames, so this isn't necessary. New tokens' artids are set to their filename, and their multiverseID is now set up to refer to the number of tokens currently (meaning each additional token gets a unique ID without having to modify the previous ones).

2: New cards need to use this new ArtID format or else they'll display no art at all.

I haven't yet collected a copy of each card's art for those cards not yet done. So, for now, new cards will not have any art at all. Just use the cardname tag and they'll get art soon enough.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby p3hndrx » 02 Dec 2015, 03:08

@Xander--
Sounds like a great improvement and seems very efficient.

Do you have an idea when you want to make this change?
Are the Art WADs with the new naming convention currently on Google Drive?
I could spin-up a new DotP instance for testing while I update my local scripts.
~p3hndrx
p3hndrx

Postby drovil » 02 Dec 2015, 03:42

Xander9009 wrote:From now on, all art files will be named according to the name of the card on which they will be used. The method is very simple and does not include multiverse IDs.
Should we still add an MID for the incoming new cards in their filenames (or it'll be just CARDNAME_CW.XML?) and inside the files?

Since the cards will have unique artID, maybe it's safe to "split" the split cards. :D

If there would be no complications in implementing these, please proceed.

Many many thanks.
"Also, that's post number 5. You're officially no longer censored. lol"
-Xander, the Enlightener
Rest in Peace Xander9009.
drovil

Postby p3hndrx » 02 Dec 2015, 04:21

@Xander--

Question about naming conventions:
Is it possible to go with a 2-digit WAD #?

e.g.
DATA_DLC_CW_ART_MAIN_XX.wad
~p3hndrx
p3hndrx

Postby Xander9009 » 02 Dec 2015, 04:42

p3hndrx wrote:@Xander--
Sounds like a great improvement and seems very efficient.

Do you have an idea when you want to make this change?
Are the Art WADs with the new naming convention currently on Google Drive?
I could spin-up a new DotP instance for testing while I update my local scripts.
It's in the works right now. I've just updated the packer so it should theoretically be able to handle updates as needed.

Google Drive is uploading them now. Next step is to get the other tools set up to work with the new art folders. There are now 14 art wads. DATA_DLC_CW_ART_MAIN_1, DATA_DLC_CW_ART_MAIN_2, ..., DATA_DLC_CW_ART_MAIN_13, and DATA_DLC_CW_ART_UPDATE. The version files are set up the same way they were. *See next section (I typed this earlier).

The sync tool is ready, for the record.

p3hndrx wrote:@Xander--

Question about naming conventions:
Is it possible to go with a 2-digit WAD #?

e.g.
DATA_DLC_CW_ART_MAIN_XX.wad
Yes. I changed this. Now, we just have to wait for it to finish packing and uploading, and the CW will be back online with the new changes. Next up, I just need to write a script to grab one copy of art for all uncoded cards and add them to the update. But the sync tool is ready to go.

drovil wrote:
Xander9009 wrote:From now on, all art files will be named according to the name of the card on which they will be used. The method is very simple and does not include multiverse IDs.
Should we still add an MID for the incoming new cards in their filenames (or it'll be just CARDNAME_CW.XML?) and inside the files?

Since the cards will have unique artID, maybe it's safe to "split" the split cards. :D

If there would be no complications in implementing these, please proceed.

Many many thanks.
For now, yes, go ahead and keep adding the MID to the name. There isn't technically a reason to that I know of, but I haven't made that change with this update, so there's no real reason not to keep doing it for now (especially since you should be using TFM's universal generator and it does this automatically). However, that leaves room for others to opinionate: should we remove the IDs from the end of each card's filename? It'll be left with "_CW" on the end, still preventing it from interfering with any other mods. If anyone can see a problem with removing those numbers, let me know. Otherwise, it'll probably be the next change I make. However, it'll be a much simpler change. It doesn't require the art files to be modified at all or to change how the syn utility works like the current change does. It'll take about a minute and a half to make that change using a script I could write in about 5 minutes or less (probably way less).

(Also, that's post number 5. You're officially no longer censored. lol)

In other news, I MIGHT have found a way to remove the need for those who wish to auto-sync to have the folders added to their GD account. Maybe. If I'm lucky.
Xander9009
Programmer

Community Wad - Update

Postby Xander9009 » 02 Dec 2015, 05:19

UPDATE

As I said, I was planning to change how the art files work, and that job is more or less done. It should be ready to go. Everything is still backed up (except the repacking utility, because I'm an idiot and didn't think about it) just in case something goes wrong, but I've tested it out, and it seems to be working. The updated syncing utility can be downloaded here (direct download). You do not need to updated the ini file. Please note that the utility will warn you about all of the now missing art wads if you don't delete them from your game folder. So, you'll need to do that manually (it avoids deleting anything from the game folder unless it's about to replace that file with another, which for files missing from GD it can't do).

Download the new one, replace your old one, delete the old art files, and run the utility. It should be good to go after that. There should currently be 14 art wads. 13 are main and 1 update. The 1 update wad will be synced from time to time, but the main ones shouldn't update very often. When they do, however, they'll all need updated at once (thus the update file).

Also, I've discovered a method of getting the download links to the wads, even if their IDs change. This has previously been a big obstacle to making a sync utility that can work without GD, which in turn requires two copies of the entire CW on your computer. With this new ability, I'll be working on getting an updated sync utility which can allow you to remove the CW from your Google Drive and still get automatic updates. I just need to find a way to get it to work consistently without ever having to mess with it manually myself. Once done, you'll be able to continue to use it like you do, but with the added option of downloading the files as needed rather than letting Google Drive download them. For those who don't want an extra 1.5 GB of unused data lying around, it should help out.

This same updated method will probably handle decks as well, making the utility completely standalone. It'll take me some time to get it working, though.
Xander9009
Programmer

Re: Community Wad - Updated Dec-12-15

Postby zhupiter » 04 Dec 2015, 13:30

Bug report:
Yasova Dragonclaw :Whether you pay the mana cost or not,you still need to choose a target creature an opponent controls.If you pay the mana cost,you will gain control of that creature immediately.Don't give your opponent any response time to let he do something.

And some bug after this update(I have deleted the old art file):
1. Aurelia’s Fury :Missing art

2. Cards like Wurmcoil Engine , Zuran Orb , Zealous Persecution , Young Wolf , Yawgmoth’s Will , Yavimaya Coast , Wrench Mind , Wrath of God missing their art in the game , thought we can see they have their art in the deck builder.And I notice the card Worldfire and Wooded Foothills have their art in the game.So maybe this bug happen to cards which name are from Wr... to Z..

Code: Select all
[lua] [string "Content\Functions\CW_TOKENS.LOL"]:21: attempt to index global 'CW_TokenList' (a nil value)
[lua] [string "Content\Functions\CW_SUBTYPE.LOL"]:99: '<name>' expected near '['
[lua]
lua_dofile error parsing file Content\Functions\CW_SUBTYPE.LOL

[lua] [string "Content\Functions\CW_LANGUAGE.LOL"]:90: 'then' expected near 'oPlayer'
[lua]
lua_dofile error parsing file Content\Functions\CW_LANGUAGE.LOL

[lua] [string "Content\Functions\CW_TOKENS.LOL"]:21: attempt to index global 'CW_TokenList' (a nil value)
[lua] [string "Content\Functions\CW_SUBTYPE.LOL"]:99: '<name>' expected near '['
[lua]

[lua] [string "Content\Functions\CW_LANGUAGE.LOL"]:90: 'then' expected near 'oPlayer'
[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

zhupiter

Postby Xander9009 » 04 Dec 2015, 15:49

zhupiter wrote:Bug report:
Yasova Dragonclaw :Whether you pay the mana cost or not,you still need to choose a target creature an opponent controls.If you pay the mana cost,you will gain control of that creature immediately.Don't give your opponent any response time to let he do something.

And some bug after this update(I have deleted the old art file):
1. Aurelia’s Fury :Missing art

2. Cards like Wurmcoil Engine , Zuran Orb , Zealous Persecution , Young Wolf , Yawgmoth’s Will , Yavimaya Coast , Wrench Mind , Wrath of God missing their art in the game , thought we can see they have their art in the deck builder.And I notice the card Worldfire and Wooded Foothills have their art in the game.So maybe this bug happen to cards which name are from Wr... to Z..

Code: Select all
[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

[lua]

Yasova Dragonclaw: I'm not 100% sure what you mean is going on. Here's how it SHOULD work:
1: Combat begins.
2: You choose a target creature and the ability is put onto the stack.
3: The ability timer begins and everyone gets a chance to respond.
4: You choose whether or not to pay the cost.
5: If you chose to pay the cost, you gain control of the chosen target.
There should not be any time to respond between choosing to pay, paying, and gaining control. This is because the choice to pay is done as the ability resolves off of the stack. The only response time the opponent gets is after it's put onto the stack, which is when you should choose a target, whether you intend to pay or not.

Aurelia’s Fury: I'll get this art added soon.

The other art files are all because they were in the last art wad, and that one had a header issue thanks to a bug in my repacker. It's already been fixed (because it was reported by drovil already) and a corrected 13th art wad was uploaded. I updated the version manually, so anyone auto-updating should get the fix as soon as their sync utility runs.
Xander9009
Programmer

Card Submission

Postby drovil » 04 Dec 2015, 17:01

Good day. Submitting some cards that has been created and edited.

Xander9009 wrote:(Also, that's post number 5. You're officially no longer censored. lol)
I'll be making this my signature. :lol:

New:
Scent of Cinder
Scent of Ivy
Scent of Jasmine
Tunnel
Word of Blasting
Staggershock
Unstable Footing

And some TEXT_PERMANENTS:
CW_MORE_INFO
CW_CARD_QUERY

Edited:

Changed the effect correctly to target wall type:
Blaster Mage
Chaos Charm
Dwarven Demolition Team
Goblin Digging Team
Goblin Masons

Added a flavor text "Split card" with more info tags
Hide
Seek

Fixed Kicker targeting ability (I hope):
Orim's Thunder
Probe

Edited query tags:
Scent of Brine
Scent of Nightshade

Art files are included along with the new cards, with the addition of Aurelia's Fury, Drove of Elves, and an updated Library of Alexandria. Also Stormtide Leviathan, Hide, Wakedancer, Wing Puncture (also missing in new CW art).

And many, many thanks to chief Xander9009 for the guidance as always.

https://www.mediafire.com/?vs6ao6mg65vq5ia

Would also like to ask the community about Split cards; is it ok to "Unsplit" them, making them each of their own and include it in CW? And to recognize them as a Split card, flavor texts are added as I mentioned above. Example pic attached. Thanks again.
Attachments
Hide.png
Credits to sir NeoAnderson for the card frame mod.
-Xander, the Enlightener
drovil

Postby Xander9009 » 04 Dec 2015, 18:13

All of this has been added.

Two things to note for future reference.
First: date tags should have a space after the comma between names and dates and each number in the date should be two digits, even when below 2.

Second: The art needs to be compressed when it's converted. You can compress it very easily. Instead of dropping it onto the gibbed art converter exe directly, drop it onto the .bat file that comes with gibbed tools. If you don't have a bat file, let me know and I'll link you to Riiak's modified gibbed tools or the CW's GD version. The resulting art is exactly the same in game, but uses about 1/5th as much space.

Not major issues, just things that hadn't really come up yet. Thanks for the Aurelia's Fury art. Now I don't have to track it down. :)
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby drovil » 04 Dec 2015, 18:56

All of your reminders are duly noted. Sorry for the art size. Will use the .bat file now. :D

Thanks for the Aurelia's Fury art. Now I don't have to track it down. :)
Glad to be of help. [-o<

I'm currently editing Yasova Dragonclaw and see if sir zhupiter's desired effect is applicable; you'll only select a target creature after you pay the mana cost. It's quite similar to the previous Probe problem; targeting a player even when you did not kick the card.

Many thanks again. :D
-Xander, the Enlightener
drovil

Postby Xander9009 » 04 Dec 2015, 19:41

Please don't change Yasova if it's working the way I described. The way I described is the way it's supposed to work.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby zhupiter » 05 Dec 2015, 04:12

Xander9009 wrote:Please don't change Yasova if it's working the way I described. The way I described is the way it's supposed to work.
For Yasova,I try to search its FAQ but found nothing.But I don't think it should work like that.It's ability says "you may pay {1}{U/R}{U/R}. If you do, gain control ..." ,not "choose target creature power less than Yasova ,you may pay {1}{U/R}{U/R} to gain control of it" .So it works should be :
1: Combat begins.
2.You choose whether or not to pay the cost.
3.If yes,choose a target creature and the ability is put onto the stack
4.Your opponents respond .If no one do something prevent it,gain control of that creature.
If the rule is what you said,this scene will happen:
You control Yasova Dragonclaw,a Culling Dais , three untapped mountain and a Lightning Bolt in hand.Your opponent control a Thalia, Guardian of Thraben and a Gods Willing in hand.At the beginning of combat,you choose Thalia ,then your opponent cast Gods Willing in response to let it protect from green.Then you smile "Sorry, I don't pay {1}{U/R}{U/R}" and cast Lightning Bolt killing Thalia.You see,Yasova actually do nothing but forcing your opponent use his Gods Willing.It seems ridiculous.
I didn't use Yasova in a real duel so I might be wrong.But I think my opinion is right.If there is any FAQ,please tell me and thanks. :)
zhupiter

PreviousNext

Return to 2014