It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:06

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby nivmizzet1 » 15 Jun 2018, 23:58

The emblem created with the ultimate of Venser, the Sojourner needs protection. Currently the emblem's ability (and so I presume other targeting effects) can target the emblem. This may be the case for many planeswalkers with emblems...
nivmizzet1

Postby Xander9009 » 16 Jun 2018, 05:33

No protection. Actually, it's just that the emblem's targeting filter needs fixed to use the most up-to-date permanent filter. I'll do that when I can.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Usurper » 17 Jun 2018, 08:19

Hi Peoples

I installed the CW Core file, Art Update and all 18 of the Main Art files. But the card art seems to be missing from a large percent of the cards, starting with cards that begin with T.

I followed the installation instructions for the manual updates installation. I also downloaded all of the files again, just to be certain, but the same issue exists.

I do have an older installation from a while back, where there are WAD files for each expansion. That version has no missing art, but I get a lot of XML error messages in the log, when I open it in the Deck Builder tool. I'd rather use the new version, but missing card art is a bit of a deal breaker :(

Any ideas what could cause this?
Usurper

Postby Xander9009 » 17 Jun 2018, 15:17

There aren't 18 art wads, there are 26.

https://sites.google.com/site/dotpcommu ... load-links
I checked here, and the download links here are still listing all of them, so head there and grab those.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Usurper » 17 Jun 2018, 17:35

Xander9009 wrote:There aren't 18 art wads, there are 26.

I checked here, and the download links here are still listing all of them, so head there and grab those.
Duh! I didn't noticed the download links are in a frame...

Usurper

Postby addict insane » 18 Jun 2018, 19:14

Leovold is not in the CW. How can you guys build BUG decks without him? :'(

And I can't find the post on Stormtamer anymore. Maybe I dreamt it :'(
Last edited by addict insane on 19 Jun 2018, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.
addict insane

Postby fallenangle » 19 Jun 2018, 01:41

Jaya Ballard's Emblem is using the wrong filter and does not grant Instant or Sorcery cards any abilities as a result.
fallenangle

Postby thanosyro » 20 Jun 2018, 09:47

So i presume Vindictive Lich "dead". I just foind out an old card that doesn't work.
Sundial of the Infinite ability DOES NOT trigger whenever a permanent i control enters the battlefield. Or whenever i want to interrupt the stack and end the turn. The card works only when there are no tasks waiting to be resolved.
thanosyro

Postby RiiakShiNal » 20 Jun 2018, 10:16

nivmizzet1 wrote:On a side note, does anyone know the cause of crashing after each completed game in multiplayer? I didn't have that problem before, but now after making some changes to some decks it's doing it. I seem to remember someone mentioning a likely cause or solution...
Usually, when the game crashes at the end of a match it's usually because at least one TOKEN_REGISTRATION is missing from at least one card (out of all the decks and cards used).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby addict insane » 21 Jun 2018, 13:36

nivmizzet1 wrote:
addict insane wrote:Hey, could we get Sculpting Steel?

And Precursor Golem?
Added Sculpting Steel, but not sure if it's 100% accurate. I basically copied the Phyrexian Metamorph ability but removed things that didn't apply (e.g. phyrexian mana, ability to copy creatures) -- hopefully I got it all right.
Hey niv, thanks a lot for sculpting steel. It's the same as phyrexian metamorph in MUD, only without the 2 life cost.

Do you think we could get MM versions of Karakas, Rishadan Port and Thespian Stage? I'm trying to play Death and Taxes and Turbo Bepths and I end paying for everything with the wrong lands.
addict insane

Postby Xander9009 » 21 Jun 2018, 20:50

addict insane wrote:
nivmizzet1 wrote:
addict insane wrote:Hey, could we get Sculpting Steel?

And Precursor Golem?
Added Sculpting Steel, but not sure if it's 100% accurate. I basically copied the Phyrexian Metamorph ability but removed things that didn't apply (e.g. phyrexian mana, ability to copy creatures) -- hopefully I got it all right.
Hey niv, thanks a lot for sculpting steel. It's the same as phyrexian metamorph in MUD, only without the 2 life cost.

Do you think we could get MM versions of Karakas, Rishadan Port and Thespian's Stage? I'm trying to play Death and Taxes and Turbo Depths and I end paying for everything with the wrong lands.
I've updated these three cards to have dynamic mana. They start off auto-tapping, but you can select the ability to disable it, turning them into MM-only lands until you re-enable auto-tapping.

EDIT: Precursor Golem is done, but I haven't yet tested it.

Also, I work on Vindictive Lich back in January and just never got it polished. I'll work on that today.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby addict insane » 22 Jun 2018, 14:20

Thank you sooooo much, Xander. I'll play with precursor golem today and let you know if it works.

Also, I've played with Flameblade Adept and Glint-Sleeve Sipohoner, and their Menace ability doesn't seem to work. They can both be blocked by a single creature.
addict insane

Postby thanosyro » 22 Jun 2018, 20:49

Xander, Vindictive Lich has the "choose a player to sac a creature" as the only option.
thanosyro

Postby addict insane » 22 Jun 2018, 21:52

I've just tested Sculpting Steel and it doesn't work. It stayed as a permanent on the battlefield when I copied Lodestone Golem, but just as Sculpting Steel and not a as copy of the Golem. In another game I copied Tangle Wire, and it got the counters, but none of its abilities triggered (not even losing one counter per turn, it just stayed there with four counters for the entire game.

Tested Precursor Golem and when the opponent casts an instant or sorcery to one of the golems, the spell wasn't copied. As my opponent Pathed one of the golems, Precursor got that ring of glowing light over it, as if it had been triggered correctly, but then the ability never resolved, and the other golems didn't get pathed.

Regarding the lands (Rishadan Port, Thespian's Stage, Karakas) they're working swell, but I find these dynamic mana cards to be clunkier than just Manual Mana. Let's say I disable tapping for a Rishadan Port. Now, everytime I want to tap the Port for mana, I have to click on the card's tap symbol, and then a menu with three options opens where I have to click on the first one. However, with the MM version, I just have to click on the card, with no menu being needed.
Sorry if it's more work for you, Xander, but for some decks MM is better. Would be great if you coded those, too.

Again, thanks for everything you do, guys.
addict insane

Postby Xander9009 » 23 Jun 2018, 02:53

thanosyro wrote:Xander, Vindictive Lich has the "choose a player to sac a creature" as the only option.
It has the others. It just asks them in order. If you choose a player in a 2 player game, then there are no possible players for the second and third option, since they have to be different players (and you can't choose yourself, because it says opponents). If you click "finish" without choosing a player for the first option, or if you choose one but there's at least one more opponent not yet targeted, then you'll get another prompt, that one for the second option. Ditto for the third option.

addict insane wrote:I've just tested Sculpting Steel and it doesn't work. It stayed as a permanent on the battlefield when I copied Lodestone Golem, but just as Sculpting Steel and not a as copy of the Golem. In another game I copied Tangle Wire, and it got the counters, but none of its abilities triggered (not even losing one counter per turn, it just stayed there with four counters for the entire game.

Tested Precursor Golem and when the opponent casts an instant or sorcery to one of the golems, the spell wasn't copied. As my opponent Pathed one of the golems, Precursor got that ring of glowing light over it, as if it had been triggered correctly, but then the ability never resolved, and the other golems didn't get pathed.

Regarding the lands (Rishadan Port, Thespian's Stage, Karakas) they're working swell, but I find these dynamic mana cards to be clunkier than just Manual Mana. Let's say I disable tapping for a Rishadan Port. Now, everytime I want to tap the Port for mana, I have to click on the card's tap symbol, and then a menu with three options opens where I have to click on the first one. However, with the MM version, I just have to click on the card, with no menu being needed.
Sorry if it's more work for you, Xander, but for some decks MM is better. Would be great if you coded those, too.

Again, thanks for everything you do, guys.
If I have the time, I'll make some purely MM versions.

Regarding Precursor Golem, I did actually end up testing it, and it worked in the tests, so something else is going wrong to prevent it from working. Maybe it's because in the tests, I was the one casting the spell that got copied instead of an opponent/AI... I'll see if I can figure out the issue tonight.

EDIT: Sculpting Steel is fixed. It was about 95% right. It was just missing the continuous action to *keep* it as the chosen artifact.

EDIT2: Precursor Golem should be fixed. Turns out I accidentally had it set to only copy the spell for each golem the caster controls. So, for an opponent with no golems targeting your golem, no copies are made. For me targeting my own (as I did during testing) it works fine. Removed the controller check.
Xander9009
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to 2014