It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 19:28

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby Parabolic » 14 May 2017, 01:23

Xander9009 wrote:Ill deal with the others later if no one else does (I'm on a road trip), but for the color issue: open deck properties and check bathe box at the bottom left to manually set colors, then choose only blue and black.
I didn't have this option. Doing a little digging had me discover my deck builder was outdated. Now it works great! Thank you!

EDIT:
Actually, I celebrated a little too soon. It changed the deckbox logos but didn't change the land pool.
Parabolic

Postby erjerjerj » 14 May 2017, 17:57

Bug report:

Relentless Rats counts itself while it should not (the first one enter the battlefield as 3/3 etc)
erjerjerj

Postby Splinterverse » 15 May 2017, 10:43

erjerjerj wrote:Bug report:

Relentless Rats counts itself while it should not (the first one enter the battlefield as 3/3 etc)
Fixed and uploaded. It should appear in the next CW update. Thanks for reporting!
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby Splinterverse » 15 May 2017, 10:49

Parabolic wrote:Actually, I celebrated a little too soon. It changed the deckbox logos but didn't change the land pool.
In the deck builder, when you click on "Deck Information...", you'll see Minimum Forests, Minimum Islands, etc. Are you using that feature to set your lands? If you're not using that feature, it might be worth trying. Although, I believe I have seen the same thing you report before.

There is one definite way around it. If you search the deck builder cards named, "Forest" or whatever land you want, etc., and manually add as many as you want, you should only ever see those. However, the artwork will mostly be the same because the deck will no longer be using land pools. It should work though. I have a few decks where I wanted specific land art, so I used the same method.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby Parabolic » 15 May 2017, 18:37

So, if I try to do 9 Islands and 9 Swamps for a 60 card deck.
Splinterverse wrote:In the deck builder, when you click on "Deck Information...", you'll see Minimum Forests, Minimum Islands, etc. Are you using that feature to set your lands? If you're not using that feature, it might be worth trying.
Doing this gets me 5 Islands, 7 Swamps, and a smattering of the rest of the basics.

Splinterverse wrote:There is one definite way around it. If you search the deck builder cards named, "Forest" or whatever land you want, etc., and manually add as many as you want, you should only ever see those. However, the artwork will mostly be the same because the deck will no longer be using land pools. It should work though. I have a few decks where I wanted specific land art, so I used the same method.
Doing this gets me 9 Islands, 9 Swamps, and 2 Forests for a 62 card deck. Entering the in-game deck manager turns the deck into some 600 card behemoth, all of those added cards being basic lands.
Parabolic

Postby Splinterverse2 » 15 May 2017, 18:58

Parabolic wrote:So, if I try to do 9 Islands and 9 Swamps for a 60 card deck.
Splinterverse wrote:In the deck builder, when you click on "Deck Information...", you'll see Minimum Forests, Minimum Islands, etc. Are you using that feature to set your lands? If you're not using that feature, it might be worth trying.
Doing this gets me 5 Islands, 7 Swamps, and a smattering of the rest of the basics.

Splinterverse wrote:There is one definite way around it. If you search the deck builder cards named, "Forest" or whatever land you want, etc., and manually add as many as you want, you should only ever see those. However, the artwork will mostly be the same because the deck will no longer be using land pools. It should work though. I have a few decks where I wanted specific land art, so I used the same method.
Doing this gets me 9 Islands, 9 Swamps, and 2 Forests for a 62 card deck. Entering the in-game deck manager turns the deck into some 600 card behemoth, all of those added cards being basic lands.
That is very odd. I know that the in-game manager won't work. Not sure why it is adding two beyond that.
Splinterverse2

Postby Parabolic » 15 May 2017, 19:00

Splinterverse2 wrote:That is very odd. I know that the in-game manager won't work. Not sure why it is adding two beyond that.
Only thing I can think of is maybe it's related to the deck ID I'm using, somehow. When my group first started making decks, the ID one of my buddies first picked had whatever deck he saved and exported open up as 60 Plains.

I'll play around it with it more when I get some downtime.
Parabolic

Postby fallenangle » 16 May 2017, 13:13

If you use the deck properties section of the deck builder (Riiak's) when making a deck, you might be able to solve the added land problem by going to the box above the numbers of lands you could manually add that says "Ignore cards with CMC." The default setting for this is -1. If you change it to 0, it should stop lands you don't put in via deck construction from being added to the deck when it's loaded.
fallenangle

Postby RiiakShiNal » 17 May 2017, 10:16

Parabolic wrote:Only thing I can think of is maybe it's related to the deck ID I'm using, somehow. When my group first started making decks, the ID one of my buddies first picked had whatever deck he saved and exported open up as 60 Plains.

I'll play around it with it more when I get some downtime.
The game somehow uses the deck ID to identify decks and somewhere in the profile it also stores how many cards are provided with the deck (based on the order ids for the cards in the deck, well those cards it can find that is). Often once the game sees a specific deck ID it then knows how many cards it expects in that deck so if you later add or remove cards the game only tries to get the original number and it may cause issues in-game (such as missing cards, or extra basic lands). To reset this and get the game to recheck you need to delete your profile or restore (presumably from a backup) your profile before you used a particular deck ID.

So if you originally create a deck with 40 unique cards then play test it and then edit the deck to have 42 unique cards then the last 2 cards may not show up in game until you delete/restore your profile.

Note that because the profile size is limited so is the space for which the game can store information about how many cards are in a deck and which deck IDs are remembered. This information seems to be separate from the deck configurations that can be saved in the profile and not much is known about it.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Finnical » 17 May 2017, 11:40

I get around the deck ID problem by making every edit a new deck. So if my deck is "Boros Aggro", when I change it I get the next unique ID (there is a button for this) and rename the deck "Boros Aggro.1".

Solves the problem neatly for me. It does require me to go back and delete old versions eventually, they can really pile up after a while.
Finnical

Postby tmxk2012917 » 18 May 2017, 16:34

bug report:

Defy Death: I cast it to return Shattered Angel but the latter did not get any counters.
tmxk2012917

Postby erjerjerj » 22 May 2017, 18:34

Bug report:
I have tried to activate the last ability of a Jace, Unraveler of Secrets with 8 loyalty counters on it.
The Jace card went to the graveyard and I didn't get the emblem.

When have tried to activate the last ability of a Jace, Unraveler of Secrets with 9 loyalty counters on it. One counter remaind on Jace and I got the emblem.
erjerjerj

Postby nivmizzet1 » 23 May 2017, 13:27

not a bug as such, just annoying. Whoever coded Selvala, Heart of the Wilds coded it so that DO NOT DRAW is the first option. The default (i.e. first option) for cards with may should be YES, DO THE ABILITY.

EDIT: I don't expect this to be fixed, but it would be nice if people kept this in mind when coding.
nivmizzet1

Postby nivmizzet1 » 23 May 2017, 15:22

Arcbond is only dealing damage to creatures, not players
nivmizzet1

Postby nivmizzet1 » 24 May 2017, 15:18

Rattlechains targetting for hexproof doesn't activate
nivmizzet1

PreviousNext

Return to 2014