It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 17:27

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby thefiremind » 23 Oct 2017, 20:37

Just wanted to point out that Vines of Vastwood must not grant hexproof (in fact it didn't receive an update when the hexproof keyword was introduced): no matter who's the creature's controller, if you cast the Vines, then your opponents won't be able to target it with spells or abilities, so you could, for example, make your opponent's Giant Growth fizzle by responding to it with the Vines. If you grant hexproof, on the other hand, the creature controller's opponents won't be able to target it (so the Giant Growth of the previous example would resolve normally).
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby nivmizzet1 » 23 Oct 2017, 23:47

thefiremind wrote:Just wanted to point out that Vines of Vastwood must not grant hexproof (in fact it didn't receive an update when the hexproof keyword was introduced): no matter who's the creature's controller, if you cast the Vines, then your opponents won't be able to target it with spells or abilities, so you could, for example, make your opponent's Giant Growth fizzle by responding to it with the Vines. If you grant hexproof, on the other hand, the creature controller's opponents won't be able to target it (so the Giant Growth of the previous example would resolve normally).
oh right, I thought there was something in the wording that meant it wasn't exactly hexproof, which is why in an older post I called it "hexproof" (in quotes); I was just too lazy to check.

the code on the card right now is:
Code: Select all
            target:GetCurrentCharacteristics():Bool_Set(CHARACTERISTIC_HEXPROOF, 1)
and "KICKER_QUERY_VINES_OF_VASTWOOD_UNKICKED" asks what creature you want to cast hexproof on.
It's been like this for quite some time.

EDIT: I see Xander has edited it now...it looks good. I'll test it. :)

EDIT: Finished testing, and all seems good. Targeted my creature with it; hexproof badge was added, and I was still able to target that creature. Targeted an opponent creature with it, kicked; hexproof badge and +4/+4 was added, and I was still able to target that creature. Targeted my creature that had a Lightning Bolt aimed at it; hexproof badge was added, and Lightning Bolt fizzled.

Thanks Xander and TFM!
nivmizzet1

Postby Xander9009 » 24 Oct 2017, 07:21

Regarding Vines of Vastwood, Canopy Cover and Shielding Plax are also affected. All three have been updated.

EDIT: And apparently nivmizzet already tested the first one, so that's convenient for me. :)
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby nivmizzet1 » 28 Oct 2017, 04:22

Tymna the Weaver bug; I don't think it's resetting after the turn is over.
nivmizzet1

Postby Xander9009 » 28 Oct 2017, 05:10

nivmizzet1 wrote:Tymna the Weaver bug; I don't think it's resetting after the turn is over.
Theoretically fixed.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby nivmizzet1 » 28 Oct 2017, 06:03

Reliquary Monk bug; it's not asking for an artifact or enchantment to destroy when it dies, it just goes to the graveyard and nothing happens. The code looks OK, but I noticed the file name has a (1) at the end; I don't know if that could have something to do with it...
nivmizzet1

Postby Xander9009 » 28 Oct 2017, 06:27

nivmizzet1 wrote:Reliquary Monk bug; it's not asking for an artifact or enchantment to destroy when it dies, it just goes to the graveyard and nothing happens. The code looks OK, but I noticed the file name has a (1) at the end; I don't know if that could have something to do with it...
The issue was that the artifact portion of the filter was being added to the subfilter, but the enchantment portion was being added to the main filter. Result: only a card that was both an artifact and an enchantment would be valid, and since there was no valid target for the ability, it wasn't triggered. Should be fixed.

I didn't notice anything wrong with the filename. (It didn't have a (1) in it.)
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby nivmizzet1 » 28 Oct 2017, 14:55

I know this probably applies to any planeswalker that uses this, but in this case I think it was Liliana, Heretical Healer that triggered it -- she was the only planeswalker that had been used.

[lua] [string "_MANAGER_PLANESWALKERS_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x0000053e"]:2: attempt to index a nil value

EDIT: is there some way to get the AI to stop adding counter to Aether Vial after 3 counters? In most decks I use it in, 3 is the most convenient amount, but sometimes 4. Currently the AI just adds a counter each turn.
nivmizzet1

Postby Xander9009 » 28 Oct 2017, 16:31

Aether Vial is a very complex card to decide whether or not to put a counter on it. We could force the AI to skip the counter addition under certain circumstances, but I don't think a hard limit of 3 would be advantageous overall. Perhaps we should count the creature cards of each CMC left in the hand and deck?
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby nivmizzet1 » 28 Oct 2017, 23:50

Xander9009 wrote:Aether Vial is a very complex card to decide whether or not to put a counter on it. We could force the AI to skip the counter addition under certain circumstances, but I don't think a hard limit of 3 would be advantageous overall. Perhaps we should count the creature cards of each CMC left in the hand and deck?
Maybe it could be made simpler, if it only counts the CMC of creatures once and stores the mode. I'd think this would be beneficial under most circumstances, and less strenuous than doing a calculation every turn. Frankly, almost anything would be better than what it does currently.
nivmizzet1

Postby Xander9009 » 29 Oct 2017, 04:10

Counting the CMC each turn would take all that much CPU time. That's because, thanks to filters, we can get the game's engine to do most of the work for us at a low level, and then we just decide how to work with those numbers. Although, another strategy, if it does end up being too slow (which is unlikely, but possible), is to count once and then just monitor changes using the tracking manager. Basically, just have two triggered abilities for when a creature enters or leaves the library and for when one enters or leaves the hand. Keep a running count that only processes small amount of data after its initial run.

Even so, you're right; it'd be particularly easy to just have it run once when it enters the battlefield and then use the chosen value as a number at which to stop. I'll go ahead and do that for now since it's the least error-prone approach, and then we can expand on it later if needed.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby nivmizzet1 » 29 Oct 2017, 07:57

Xander9009 wrote:Counting the CMC each turn would take all that much CPU time. That's because, thanks to filters, we can get the game's engine to do most of the work for us at a low level, and then we just decide how to work with those numbers. Although, another strategy, if it does end up being too slow (which is unlikely, but possible), is to count once and then just monitor changes using the tracking manager. Basically, just have two triggered abilities for when a creature enters or leaves the library and for when one enters or leaves the hand. Keep a running count that only processes small amount of data after its initial run.

Even so, you're right; it'd be particularly easy to just have it run once when it enters the battlefield and then use the chosen value as a number at which to stop. I'll go ahead and do that for now since it's the least error-prone approach, and then we can expand on it later if needed.
Awesome! :D
nivmizzet1

Postby Xander9009 » 29 Oct 2017, 10:57

It's updated, but I haven't tested it. It defaults to 3 if something goes wrong. But if it works right, then when it enters the battlefield, it'll find the most common CMC in the library/hand and stop the AI from going over that many charge counters.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby nivmizzet1 » 29 Oct 2017, 13:48

Xander9009 wrote:It's updated, but I haven't tested it. It defaults to 3 if something goes wrong. But if it works right, then when it enters the battlefield, it'll find the most common CMC in the library/hand and stop the AI from going over that many charge counters.
well it at least works for 3. All my decks with Aether Vial have CMC 3 as the mode, so I can't say if it's working as intended.
nivmizzet1

Postby Rooolandd » 04 Nov 2017, 01:37

Hello everyone, just recently i discover this wonderful website, downloaded all required files and some decks to test for exaple:
Mardu Raiders , and there i saw Scrubland have no art. And now is my question, is art simply not added yet or i messed up something?
Sory for english, not my native.
Rooolandd

PreviousNext

Return to 2014