It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 06:38

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby Xander9009 » 23 Apr 2017, 19:17

Unfortunately, I ended up not being free today (my sister's boyfriend was called in unexpectedly, so I'm babysitting). So, I can't do much until at least tonight when I get back home, but probably not until tomorrow.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 26 Apr 2017, 16:07

Misplay wrote:Bug report:

> Temporal Aperture
You have to pay to play the revealed card.

> Firestorm
You don't have to discard cards to cast Firestorm.
For the record, I haven't ignored this. I just haven't fixed them yet. (Actually, I haven't looked at Temporal Aperture yet, since I was waiting to finish Firestorm first, but it's much more complicated than it seems.)
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby tmxk2012917 » 29 Apr 2017, 04:47

bug report:

Gnarlwood Dryad: It got +2/+0 instead of +2/+2

[lua] [string "GNARLWOOD_DRYAD_CW_414460_TITLE (CONTINUOUS_ACTION)~0x00000fef"]:5: attempt to call method 'oughness_Add' (a nil value)
tmxk2012917

Postby Xander9009 » 29 Apr 2017, 08:29

tmxk2012917 wrote:bug report:

Gnarlwood Dryad: It got +2/+0 instead of +2/+2

[lua] [string "GNARLWOOD_DRYAD_CW_414460_TITLE (CONTINUOUS_ACTION)~0x00000fef"]:5: attempt to call method 'oughness_Add' (a nil value)
Fixed.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 29 Apr 2017, 16:00

BUG REPORTS:

Static Orb -- was playing a Free-for-All match with 4 players. The player whose turn was after mine had the Orb. At the end of the turn, it was asking me what I wanted to untap, so I don't think the NextPlayer() thing is working properly. It should have asked the player after the AI player that controlled the Orb.

Portcullis -- does not appear to be working. Played in a 4 player Free-for-All match and there were 3+ creatures repeatedly put in play after this card was played.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 29 Apr 2017, 20:39

Splinterverse wrote:BUG REPORTS:

Static Orb -- was playing a Free-for-All match with 4 players. The player whose turn was after mine had the Orb. At the end of the turn, it was asking me what I wanted to untap, so I don't think the NextPlayer() thing is working properly. It should have asked the player after the AI player that controlled the Orb.

Portcullis -- does not appear to be working. Played in a 4 player Free-for-All match and there were 3+ creatures repeatedly put in play after this card was played.
Both are fixed. For Static Orb, I made a new function CW_General_NextPlayer(oPlayer) that uses players' global indices. Also fixed Dovin Baan and The Monarch which both used GetNextPlayer().
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 30 Apr 2017, 02:52

Xander9009 wrote:
Misplay wrote:Bug report:

> Temporal Aperture
You have to pay to play the revealed card.

> Firestorm
You don't have to discard cards to cast Firestorm.
For the record, I haven't ignored this. I just haven't fixed them yet. (Actually, I haven't looked at Temporal Aperture yet, since I was waiting to finish Firestorm first, but it's much more complicated than it seems.)
I apparently lied about Temporal Aperture. I just looked at it, and I already fixed it. I forgot I fixed it...
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 30 Apr 2017, 03:18

I verified Scatter to the Winds works.

I couldn't get Sandwurm Convergence to cast for free, even when I had As Foretold in my hand.

Void Shatter wasn't broken, As Foretold was. It was a really tricky little bit of coding info I forgot about, so I'll explain it here. For non-coders, just know that As Foretold has been fixed. (That doesn't mean it's guaranteed to be bug free or anything, just that this particular issue was addressed.)

In order to allow a card to be cast for free, As Foretold uses a UTILITY_ABILITY. This ability is granted to the card to be cast, and runs when they choose to use that alternate casting cost of {0}. However, no matter the source of a UTILITY_ABILITY, the EffectDC() contents of the UTILITY_ABILITY and the spell's normal EffectDC() (for casting, it'd likely only be a spell's SPELL_ABILITY blocks) are combined. So, for instance, Void Shatter stores the target in EffectDC():Get_Targets(0). However, As Foretold was storing an int in EffectDC():Get_Int(0), which overwrote Void Shatter's target chest, leaving it with no target. I moved As Foretold's EffectDC() contents within the UTILITY_ABILITY blocks to registers 100 and 101 to avoid overlap. It may still overlap very rarely, but I doubt it'll ever cause a bug that someone notices (registers are almost exclusively kept near 0).
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby tmxk2012917 » 30 Apr 2017, 04:13

bug report:

AI's Incited Rabble did not have to attack each turn. Its Incited Rabble could withdraw.
tmxk2012917

Postby Xander9009 » 30 Apr 2017, 04:57

tmxk2012917 wrote:bug report:

AI's Incited Rabble did not have to attack each turn. Its Incited Rabble could withdraw.
Something about the layer system, I think. No matter what I did to Incited Rabble it didn't seem to work, so I put it on Town Gossipmonger. It seems to have worked, but if it doesn't, I can't think of anything else to try.

Annoyingly enough, when the Incited Rabble is controlled by a human, it worked fine. Only the AI seemed to be able to get away with withdrawing it (which explains how it slipped through testing).
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Finnical » 30 Apr 2017, 05:53

Gilt-Leaf Winnower was blocked by a single creature, despite menace.
Finnical

Postby Xander9009 » 30 Apr 2017, 08:49

Well, with the new ability to create emblems, I decided I should actually do that at some point. We have about half of the emblem art files from Duels, but the others are missing. Rather than get LQ versions, I took a couple of hours to put together a gimp template for making emblems. It can be found in the resources folder (subfolder of tools). I've used it to create about half of the missing ones. Tomorrow if I have the time, I'll do the rest and hopefully get started on coding them.

EDIT:
erjerjerj wrote:Bug report:

Sanctum of Ugin triggers when it should be, but it searches for a creature with converted mana cost greater or equal to 7. It should not have this limitation.
Fixed. Not sure how I overlooked this post.
Last edited by Xander9009 on 30 Apr 2017, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 30 Apr 2017, 11:42

I went through the non-AKH lands Xander9009 uploaded and I was able to replace 19 HQ artworks that had watermarks with non-watermarked versions. Thanks!
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 01 May 2017, 05:18

All emblems should be done. I'm forcing a repack now, so they'll be available in the released wad very soon. I've tested them all simply to make sure they appear, have the right name and picture, and that's all.

I've noticed two issues so far.
1: Their type-line showed a tag instead of the correct text. I think this is because the text permanent file with the updated tag definition was missing from my test environment. Please let me know if it's still happening.
2: I activated the ultimate from Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh//Chandra, Roaring Flame a second time but the second emblem didn't appear. I'll look into why this is tomorrow. I tested a few others and they appeared fine even if other copies of the same emblem already existed. Please let me know if you experience this with any other emblems.

A little more than half of the emblems were done by hand by me. Please let me know if any are badly aligned or otherwise need work. I did them all in two batches, with each batch taking a couple of hours, so I might have gotten a little hurried on the later ones in the batches without realizing it. Specifically, have a look at these and let me know if they're decent.
Ajani Steadfast - His mane may not be clean enough
Chandra, Torch of Defiance - I really like how her hair turned out, but I want to know if I'm just being biased because I spent forever on it lol.
Kiora, the Crashing Wave - She's not very well defined. Her outline (in the normal art) just sort of fades out, which makes outlining her... difficult, to say the least. I'm also interested in whether or not people think the wave in the upper left should be brought out.
Liliana of the Dark Realms - Her hair is, like Kiora as a whole, not very well outlined in the normal art. I traced it the best I could, and it's actually very close, but it still ends up looking artificially smooth to me, despite actually being very true to her hair in the art. Is there maybe alternate art for her to use for the emblem?
Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker - His eyelashes might be a little out of control. Leave them or are they too cheesy?
Sorin, Lord of Innistrad - His sword, in particular. It's (like Narset) a composition of two separate images of him. Can you tell the sword is a little off? Be specific. I can see it, but I know where it is. If you can see it, point it out and I'll do more work on it.

Most of the others should be fine, but the above are ones I'm particularly interested in getting second opinions on.

And in case you're not interested in making new decks just to look at these, you can see them here; just note that in-game you'll get a much better idea of alignment since the game adds a text box, border, and title bar: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-cZn ... l91ZUh1aWc
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 01 May 2017, 10:32

Xander9009 wrote:Most of the others should be fine, but the above are ones I'm particularly interested in getting second opinions on.

And in case you're not interested in making new decks just to look at these, you can see them here; just note that in-game you'll get a much better idea of alignment since the game adds a text box, border, and title bar: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-cZn ... l91ZUh1aWc
I took a look at the Drive folder and all of the ones you asked about looked good to me.

I downloaded the latest update files, including the Art Update file, and when I tried taking a look in the deck builder, the only art that showed up was for the older ones (Gideon of the Trials and Tezzeret the Schemer).

Also, did you see my post in the EDH thread?
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

PreviousNext

Return to 2014