It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 02:22

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby Xander9009 » 16 Jul 2017, 14:09

This is a fine place for it. There's also a bug reporting form linked in my signature. I'll see about getting it fixed, soon-ish.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby MasterXploder7 » 24 Jul 2017, 16:59

Code: Select all
7/24/2017 12:57:46 PM: Low: Can't find referenced card: CHANDRA_TORCH_OF_DEFIANCE_MM_CW_417683 for deck D14_69605_PLANESWALKERS in Data_Decks_69605_PLANESWALKERS
This showed up when I loaded the deck builder. I updated my COMMUNITY.wad today.
"Hate is an everlasting wellspring from which it is eternally sustained." - Nirkana Revenant
MasterXploder7

Postby Xander9009 » 24 Jul 2017, 20:40

I didn't realize that copy had already been deleted (I probably did it earlier than I meant to; it's on my to-do list). However, it should have been deleted, so I'm not planning to re-make it. The issue is that CHANDRA_TORCH_OF_DEFIANCE_MM_CW_417683 was identical to CHANDRA_TORCH_OF_DEFIANCE_CW_417683, with the only difference being the filename (one has "_MM_"). I'm not sure where that deck is from. I just ensured all of the decks in the CW Decks folder used the one without _MM_, but that wasn't among them. I'd suggest unpacking it, removing the "_MM_" from the deck's reference to Chandra, and re-packing it.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby MasterXploder7 » 24 Jul 2017, 23:33

Xander9009 wrote:I didn't realize that copy had already been deleted (I probably did it earlier than I meant to; it's on my to-do list). However, it should have been deleted, so I'm not planning to re-make it. The issue is that CHANDRA_TORCH_OF_DEFIANCE_MM_CW_417683 was identical to CHANDRA_TORCH_OF_DEFIANCE_CW_417683, with the only difference being the filename (one has "_MM_"). I'm not sure where that deck is from. I just ensured all of the decks in the CW Decks folder used the one without _MM_, but that wasn't among them. I'd suggest unpacking it, removing the "_MM_" from the deck's reference to Chandra, and re-packing it.
I used it in a deck. I'll just delete it. I was unsure what was going on is all.
"Hate is an everlasting wellspring from which it is eternally sustained." - Nirkana Revenant
MasterXploder7

Postby membran » 26 Jul 2017, 09:51

Posted fixes for Hollow One (was missing power / toughness), Ramunap Ruins (didn't require any mana for its sacrifice ability), Earthshaker Khenra (was targeting only cards less than its own power, not less or equal to), Dunes of the Dead (didn't create a Zombie token on hitting the graveyard from play).
membran

Postby Parabolic » 27 Jul 2017, 13:32

membran wrote:Posted fixes for [...] Dunes of the Dead (didn't create a Zombie token on hitting the graveyard from play).
That was one of the ones I came here to post about.

Budoka Gardener has a game-breaking bug. I put one into play, played my fourth land the next turn (not off his ability, just playing it normally) and it started an infinite loop of triggers off the Gardener. I had to exit the game because it wasn't stopping on its own.

The Gitrog Monster lets you draw a card when a land is put into your graveyard from anywhere, but the current version ignores lands that were put into your graveyard from your library.
Parabolic

Postby nivmizzet1 » 29 Jul 2017, 05:03

I played a Vines of Vastwood targetting my Primeval Titan in response to opponent playing Path to Exile targetting my Primeval Titan; but the Path to Exile still resolved, rather than being countered because the titan was now an illegal target.

Also, is there any way to get Assault Formation to play nice with cards like Axebane Guardian and Overgrown Battlement? currently it removes the defender ability so cards with defender no longer contribute to the mana production in the abilities.

Also, I'm getting crashes with my deck "No Offence" where the game generates a dump, but no error log, so I'm not sure what the problem is.
nivmizzet1

Postby RiiakShiNal » 31 Jul 2017, 10:18

nivmizzet1 wrote:Also, is there any way to get Assault Formation to play nice with cards like Axebane Guardian and Overgrown Battlement? currently it removes the defender ability so cards with defender no longer contribute to the mana production in the abilities.
The only way to do that is to make all cards with defender additionally have a custom characteristic (which basically says it has defender) and have all cards that check for defender check for the custom characteristic instead. The reason for this is that to attack we have to remove defender because there is no characteristic or function that allows defender to be ignored temporarily. Though this can get tricky because if defender is actually removed the custom characteristic also needs to be removed, but the custom characteristic should not be removed if only removed as part of the workaround to allow attacking. So technically this can work, but it is a lot of work.

nivmizzet1 wrote:Also, I'm getting crashes with my deck "No Offence" where the game generates a dump, but no error log, so I'm not sure what the problem is.
If it is crashing at the end of a match (not randomly in the middle) then it could quite possibly be one or more tokens that are not properly registered on the card(s) that created them.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby nivmizzet1 » 02 Aug 2017, 14:16

Thanks Riiak

RiiakShiNal wrote:The only way to do that is to make all cards with defender additionally have a custom characteristic (which basically says it has defender) and have all cards that check for defender check for the custom characteristic instead. The reason for this is that to attack we have to remove defender because there is no characteristic or function that allows defender to be ignored temporarily. Though this can get tricky because if defender is actually removed the custom characteristic also needs to be removed, but the custom characteristic should not be removed if only removed as part of the workaround to allow attacking. So technically this can work, but it is a lot of work.
yikes. Probably not worth it, unless someone has a lot of time on their hands.

RiiakShiNal wrote:If it is crashing at the end of a match (not randomly in the middle) then it could quite possibly be one or more tokens that are not properly registered on the card(s) that created them.
Yes, it was at the end of a game. That deck has a lot of mana producers, making a lot of mana tokens, so it's probably something to do with those. Any idea how to check which card could be causing the problem (or, how to identify the problem, because it's going to be at least 1 of only 3 or 4 cards).
nivmizzet1

Postby Xander9009 » 02 Aug 2017, 14:20

If you already have an idea of which card it might be, then have a look at the code for those cards, and check that they have a tag like this:
Code: Select all
<TOKEN_REGISTRATION reservation="1" type="RSN_TOKEN_MANA_W" />
Replace the W with whatever color it produces, and there should be one of those tags for each color, including C for colorless. If it's missing, then it's probably the cause of the crashes. I'll also run the registration checker on my end to see if that can find it.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby nachonal986 » 04 Aug 2017, 06:45

Hey there, I need to ask about two cards, I don't know if I'm wrong but:

If I have Ivory Mask or Greater Auramancy and Pendrell Mists or Æther Barrier by example, my creatures should not have to deal with these payment because I have shroud or Im wrong?

I have other comments:

- Concerted Effort it doesn't appear full coded, its missed all the protections copy rules.
With this card if I have a creature with first strike and another one with double strikes, it takes only first strike, that should be fixed too.

- Azorius First-Wing it's not protected from Pendrell Mists or Æther Barrier, when should be.

Sorry if sounds like orders, are only comments, thanks for all your work!
nachonal986

Postby RiiakShiNal » 04 Aug 2017, 10:38

nachonal986 wrote:Hey there, I need to ask about two cards, I don't know if I'm wrong but:

If I have Ivory Mask or Greater Auramancy and Pendrell Mists or Æther Barrier by example, my creatures should not have to deal with these payment because I have shroud or Im wrong?
No, you still have to make the payments because shroud only protects against being targeted (even then Ivory Mask only protects you from being targeted not your creatures or enchantments), Pendrell Mists and Æther Barrier are not targeting anything.

nachonal986 wrote:- Concerted Effort it doesn't appear full coded, its missed all the protections copy rules.
With this card if I have a creature with first strike and another one with double strikes, it takes only first strike, that should be fixed too.
There are many issues with Concerted Effort partially because the game does not allow us to detect some abilities (like protection) so to make a complete workaround is a huge amount of effort and no-one has been motivated enough to do that (thousands of cards would need changes to properly make Concerted Effort work right). Though in the case of double strike not being applied properly that piece should not be difficult (in fact it should be an easy fix).

nachonal986 wrote:- Azorius First-Wing it's not protected from Pendrell Mists or Æther Barrier, when should be.
No, it should not be protected, because protection protects only from targeting and damage, not other effects. Additionally, with Æther Barrier it takes effect before a cast creature before that spell even becomes a creature (so virtually none of that creature's abilities are even active yet).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 04 Aug 2017, 15:47

Concerted Effort had First Strike and Double Strike in the same list as all of the other abilities, so if the game wasn't granting double strike when first strike was also available, then I'm guessing it's just not properly able to handle adding both in the same RTA. I swapped them around so it adds double strike first, since the game actually replaces first strike with double strike anyway, if I remember right. Later, I'll check if splitting the double strike into its own RTA will allow the game to properly handle both, just in case something specifically checks for first strike.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby nachonal986 » 04 Aug 2017, 21:01

Thanks to both for the answers.

RiiakShiNal wrote:No, it should not be protected, because protection protects only from targeting and damage
any ideas for use those enchantment without affect my self?

RiiakShiNal wrote:There are many issues with Concerted Effort partially because the game does not allow us to detect some abilities (like protection) so to make a complete workaround is a huge amount of effort and no-one has been motivated enough to do that (thousands of cards would need changes to properly make Concerted Effort work right).
you mean the only way to work protection is code to detect each card name and have a relation with the specific protection that it has to copy?

I don't know code, but If can help to filter the list or something, I can help.

Xander9009 wrote:Concerted Effort had First Strike and Double Strike in the same list as all of the other abilities, so if the game wasn't granting double strike when first strike was also available, then I'm guessing it's just not properly able to handle adding both in the same RTA. I swapped them around so it adds double strike first, since the game actually replaces first strike with double strike anyway, if I remember right. Later, I'll check if splitting the double strike into its own RTA will allow the game to properly handle both, just in case something specifically checks for first strike.
cool, thanks man
nachonal986

Postby Xander9009 » 05 Aug 2017, 01:35

A much better a way, and one which is ready to be imolemented once someone decides to undertake the tedium, is to register the cards with protection in a way that their protection filters can be called up by other cards. However, that's only ready to be done and has not yet actually been done.
Xander9009
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to 2014