It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 05:47

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby Splinterverse » 14 Aug 2019, 11:46

addict insane wrote:Flagstones of Trokair is similar, and opposite to Urborg, it only seems to come in the AutoTap version.
We actually don't always code both MM and non-MM versions. It depends on the modder. For me, I usually only code the non-MM version because they work better with AI play. The AI usually doesn't use MM versions. However, I know that there are some abilities that require manual tapping of mana to work properly, so I'll usually make MM versions upon request. That said, there are some cards that can only be one or the other due to limitations of the engine.

Xander9009 has created code to add MM abilities to cards that don't have it when another card requires it. I used this code when I was making Planechase so that cards like Llanowar didn't require that your deck already had MM lands in it. I'm hoping we can proliferate that code to more places over time.

You mentioned Rishadan Port as not having an MM version. I think this is a case where the card name doesn't say MM but the code actually is MM. If you need/want a non-MM version I can create that, but it will have to take the place of the MM version's code with the MM version being moved to a new file with MM in the name. The result of that will be any deck that currently includes that card will now have the non-MM (aka auto-tap) version. That's ok because it's technically wrong how it is now. So, let me know if you'd like me to do that.

addict insane wrote:Something on Pteramander's adapt ability isn't working. I don't know if it's just the cost reduction, but in the decks you would use it I don't think I'll ever make it to 8 mana so I have no way of finding out.
All of the Adapt cards have issues. I've added them to the Known Issues/Bugs list (see my signature for a link) since my attempts to fix them have failed.
addict insane wrote:I still can't find Seal Away in the CW, neither by its full name or just by looking for "Seal" and "Away" and scrolling through. Maybe it's lacking some sort of ID? I'm quite ignorant about programming.
I replicated the issue. It's not appearing in the Deck Builder via the normal search. However I was able to find it using the "Set Advanced Filter" button and searching by file name. See the screen capture below. I've added the issue to the Known Issues/Bugs list because looking at the card, I can't see any reason why it wouldn't appear. It does have an MID and appears to have everything else it should.

Seal Away.PNG
Seal Away.PNG (10.14 KiB) Viewed 5421 times
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby Parabolic » 14 Aug 2019, 13:11

addict insane wrote:I still can't find Seal Away in the CW, neither by its full name or just by looking for "Seal" and "Away" and scrolling through. Maybe it's lacking some sort of ID? I'm quite ignorant about programming.
Actually, you were sort of correct. It was missing the tag that determines what type of card it is.

Seal Away is currently typeless. It's not an enchantment, or anything, really. That's why it isn't turning up in the filters. I'm kind of curious what would happen if you played the current version, though. Would the game default to something or would it just crash?

I'll upload a fixed copy as soon as I finish copy-pasting translated versions into the file, but it is showing up under the standard filters for me.

EDIT:
Added Flash, the artist name, a type tag, flavortext, reset the Multiverse ID, added translations, and uploaded it. It will be available after the Auto Uploader works its magic.

Forgive me, but I do not know the difference between Simplified and Traditional Chinese, so I may have got those backwards. Easy fix, if I did.
Last edited by Parabolic on 14 Aug 2019, 13:33, edited 1 time in total.
Parabolic

Postby Splinterverse » 14 Aug 2019, 13:19

Parabolic wrote:
Actually, you were sort of correct. It was missing the tag that determines what type of card it is.

Seal Away is currently typeless. It's not an enchantment, or anything, really. That's why it isn't turning up in the filters. I'm kind of curious what would happen if you played the current version, though. Would the game default to something or would it just crash?

I'll upload a fixed copy as soon as I finish copy-pasting translated versions into the file, but it is showing up under the standard filters for me.
Well, that explains it. :D Thank you for figuring it out and fixing it.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Dnt312 » 14 Aug 2019, 18:07

I've test the fixed cards, and most of them work perfectly, except for these two cards:
Kraul Harpooner: It gets +X?+0 boost, but still doesn't fight the target creature.
Hydroid Krasis: It gives the caster X cards and X life, instead of half X cards and half X life, rounded down.

As for Thrashing Brontodon, I notice that its effect is very much like Qasali Pridemage's effect (except the exalted effect), so maybe copy parts of Qasali Pridemage's code and paste it into Thrashing Brontodon's?
I've tried making the XML and PNG files for Thrashing Brontodon with the new code copied from Qasali Pridemage, but didn't know how to put it in the game to test.

About the missing arts, I've synced and downloaded the latest version from Community Wad Art folder, but those arts still do not show up in the Deck Builder and in the game.

And there are other bugs I found when playing with the new cards:
Riot effect doesn't give creatures haste when choosing haste mode.
Rhythm of the Wild: When Rhythm of the Wild is on the battlefield, creatures that already having riot printed on their texts, get to activate riot twice when entering the battlefield.
Rubblebelt Rioters: Doesn't gain +X/+0 when attacking.
Domri, Chaos Bringer: Its -3 effect doesn't work. Its +1 effect can be activated, even after the second effect has been used.
Flames of the Raze-Boar: Its seconf effect deals 2 damage to every other creatures, not just your opponent's.
Fireblade Artist: Its sacrifice effect at the beginning of your upkeep is mandatory, instead of being optional.
Portcullis Vine: Can't activate its effect.
Dnt312

Postby Splinterverse » 14 Aug 2019, 18:54

Dnt312 wrote:Kraul Harpooner: It gets +X?+0 boost, but still doesn't fight the target creature.
Fixed and uploaded but not tested.
Dnt312 wrote:Hydroid Krasis: It gives the caster X cards and X life, instead of half X cards and half X life, rounded down.
Dnt312 wrote:As for Thrashing Brontodon, I notice that its effect is very much like Qasali Pridemage's effect (except the exalted effect), so maybe copy parts of Qasali Pridemage's code and paste it into Thrashing Brontodon's?
I've tried making the XML and PNG files for Thrashing Brontodon with the new code copied from Qasali Pridemage, but didn't know how to put it in the game to test.
There's a menu item in the Deck Builder to create a "custom folder". If you create that folder, it will appear in your game directory. Then you place the card file in the CARDS folder and the art files in the ILLUSTRATIONS folder. Next, search for the card name and select the one in the CUSTOM wad (folder) location and add it to your deck. From there, you can load the deck and test. I should mention that the card and art files need to be in the custom folder BEFORE opening the deck builder. (Someone uploaded a new version of Thrashing Brontodon earlier today, so someone else may have fixed it.)
Dnt312 wrote:About the missing arts, I've synced and downloaded the latest version from Community Wad Art folder, but those arts still do not show up in the Deck Builder and in the game.
I think you have a file missing or something. I am seeing those cards' art in my deck builder. See example in screen cap below.
Arch of Orazca.PNG
Dnt312 wrote:Riot effect doesn't give creatures haste when choosing haste mode.
Rhythm of the Wild: When Rhythm of the Wild is on the battlefield, creatures that already having riot printed on their texts, get to activate riot twice when entering the battlefield.
Haste isn't working with Riot and I can't figure out why. I've added it to the Known Issues/Bugs list (see link in my signature).
Dnt312 wrote:Rubblebelt Rioters: Doesn't gain +X/+0 when attacking.
Not sure why. Added it to Known Issues/Bugs list.
Dnt312 wrote:Domri, Chaos Bringer: Its -3 effect doesn't work. Its +1 effect can be activated, even after the second effect has been used.
Dnt312 wrote:Flames of the Raze-Boar: Its second effect deals 2 damage to every other creatures, not just your opponent's.
Dnt312 wrote:Fireblade Artist: Its sacrifice effect at the beginning of your upkeep is mandatory, instead of being optional.
Dnt312 wrote:Portcullis Vine: Can't activate its effect.

Thank you for reporting these issues. We appreciate it!
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Parabolic » 14 Aug 2019, 18:56

Dnt312 wrote:As for Thrashing Brontodon, I notice that its effect is very much like Qasali Pridemage's effect (except the exalted effect), so maybe copy parts of Qasali Pridemage's code and paste it into Thrashing Brontodon's?
I don't know what was up with Thrashing Brontodon before. The code seemed okay to my untrained eye. It was a little different from Qasali Pridemage, but it just seemed wordier and not wrong.

I tested and uploaded a working copy. The ability was ripped straight from the original Qasali Pridemage that was already in the core game. I was able to activate the ability to blow up my own artifact.
Parabolic

Postby DamSF » 18 Aug 2019, 03:27

Got this error after playing Tomebound Lich:
Code: Select all
[lua] [string "TOMEBOUND_LICH_CW_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x000002f5"]:2:
 parameter mismatch or too few parameters [expected bzS32]
The discard part of his ability never happens, giving you a free draw.
DamSF

Postby Splinterverse » 18 Aug 2019, 10:53

DamSF wrote:Got this error after playing Tomebound Lich:
[lua] [string "TOMEBOUND_LICH_CW_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x000002f5"]:2:
 parameter mismatch or too few parameters [expected bzS32]
The discard part of his ability never happens, giving you a free draw.
Fixed and uploaded, but not tested. Thanks for reporting!
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby shaka181 » 19 Aug 2019, 21:47

Hello ^^ , Lathliss, Dragon Queen do not give 5/5 dragon token when my Dragon enters the battlefield...
shaka181

Postby DamSF » 19 Aug 2019, 23:31

Got this after playing Final Payment:
[lua] [string "FINAL_PAYMENT_CW_TITLE (0, PREREQUISITE)~0x00000850"]:7: attempt to call method 'Get_LifeTotal' (a nil value)
[lua] [string "FINAL_PAYMENT_CW_TITLE (0, RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x00000851"]:13: 'then' expected near 'Get_LifeTotal'
When you cast it you can't choose to pay 5 life, only sacrifice a creature or enchantment.
DamSF

Postby Splinterverse » 19 Aug 2019, 23:46

shaka181 wrote:Hello ^^ , Lathliss, Dragon Queen do not give 5/5 dragon token when my Dragon enters the battlefield...
Fixed and uploaded but not tested. It should appear when the CW next repacks. The auto-uploader appears to be stuck again, so check that the version number increments before downloading/testing.
DamSF wrote:Got this after playing Final Payment:
[lua] [string "FINAL_PAYMENT_CW_TITLE (0, PREREQUISITE)~0x00000850"]:7: attempt to call method 'Get_LifeTotal' (a nil value)
[lua] [string "FINAL_PAYMENT_CW_TITLE (0, RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x00000851"]:13: 'then' expected near 'Get_LifeTotal'
When you cast it you can't choose to pay 5 life, only sacrifice a creature or enchantment.
Fixed and uploaded but not tested. It should appear when the CW next repacks. The auto-uploader appears to be stuck again, so check that the version number increments before downloading/testing.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby DamSF » 20 Aug 2019, 02:20

The Oath of Kaya card isn't implemented yet?
DamSF

Postby Splinterverse » 20 Aug 2019, 10:46

DamSF wrote:The Oath of Kaya card isn't implemented yet?
I have been unable to figure out a way to code that card in DOTP2014. The reason being is that we don't attack planeswalkers directly. We attack a player and then the game asks if we want to attack the player or one of their planeswalkers (if they have one on the battlefield). Since Planeswalkers were not originally part of DOTP2014 and were only added as part of the mod, the code for them is custom. I'm not even sure there are trigger in the code that are for planeswalkers.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby DamSF » 20 Aug 2019, 12:46

Splinterverse wrote:I have been unable to figure out a way to code that card in DOTP2014. The reason being is that we don't attack planeswalkers directly. We attack a player and then the game asks if we want to attack the player or one of their planeswalkers (if they have one on the battlefield). Since Planeswalkers were not originally part of DOTP2014 and were only added as part of the mod, the code for them is custom. I'm not even sure there are trigger in the code that are for planeswalkers.
Couldn't it be coded like Sarkhan the Masterless?
DamSF

Postby fallenangle » 20 Aug 2019, 12:50

Oath of Kaya should be possible if you copy the appropriate code from the planeswalkers manager that enables attacking planeswalkers, then have it trigger only if the target there isn't nil. You would then put that into a triggered ability that checks for one or more creatures, like Thopter Spy Network, so it only triggers once per attack on a player's planeswalkers. It should be possible, though it might take some fiddling to get it to work.
fallenangle

PreviousNext

Return to 2014