It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 17:47

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby Splinterverse » 01 Mar 2017, 15:05

Xander9009 wrote:There's now a change log. It's in the resources folder (the same folder that contains the auto upload folder). It's moved each time the CW repacks at its normal, scheduled time to the "Change Logs" subfolder and renamed to today's date. Each change is time-stamped and identified for type, but no other details are currently added. The changes from Splinterverse's post above are actually the first ones caught by it.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
The change log itself can't be linked directly to because of how it's currently being handled (it'll become a new file each day as far as Google Drive is concerned), and there's not much I can do about that.
Very cool. Thanks for doing this!
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby tmxk2012917 » 02 Mar 2017, 04:51

Bug report:

Epochrasite: it did not get time counters when it died.
tmxk2012917

Postby Finnical » 03 Mar 2017, 09:57

Exotic orchard isn't functional, does nothing.

Has anyone worked on commander functionality?
Finnical

Postby Xander9009 » 03 Mar 2017, 19:15

Epochrasite is fixed. It was missing the counter registration, so if time counters had been used by other cards, it worked fine. If they hadn't yet been registered by anything else, then it would fail, which explains why it went undetected for so long.

Cloud Key is fixed. It was missing a "+1" to correct for Lua's index standard (Lua tables start at 1, but most things, including MTG's various tables, start at 0), and it was missing a closing parenthesis.

Bloodline Keeper//Lord of Lineage is not fixed. Without knowing the specific setup in which it didn't transform, I can't narrow down the problem. It transforms when I try it, which means it at least sometimes does. I need to know the various cards/effects in play to figure this out.

Exotic Orchard is fixed. The functions Riiak made assumed that the lands in use would also be using his functions. When those functions were ported to the CW, the lands were left out so the user could opt in if they wanted to use them. However, this left one of his important functions missing the ability to check if a land could produce a color in cases where that land was a basic land. The function has been altered slightly to return true for a given color if the land has that color's associated basic land type.

And, gosh, why did you have to ask about Nezumi Shortfang//Stabwhisker the Odious?! In trying to fix this, I've discovered that none of the flip cards seem to be working. Tested with Bushi Tenderfoot//Kenzo the Hardhearted, Akki Lavarunner//Tok-Tok, Volcano Born, and Budoka Gardener//Dokai, Weaver of Life. None of them worked. Now I've got to get those working.

------------

Commander should be working, now. I hope. It had a few issues that needed to be fixed, and they took a lot of debugging to tracked down. They also led to the realization that several cards were using "simplequalifier" instead of "simple_qualifier", which have all been fixed now. In order to play with an EDH deck, add "COMMANDER MANAGER" to your deck (filename "_MANAGER_COMMANDER"). Each EDH deck needs its own copy. It will not be visible in-game. If any deck involved in the game doesn't have a commander manager, then they will all exile themselves with no other effects. Otherwise, they'll put themselves into play (invisibly) and have you choose your commander, which must be a legendary creature whose colors cover all colors found in the deck. This does not properly identify the commander's color identity. Only the colors found in If either the manager or the commander is taken from your hand, it'll be replaced. More information will be available in the topic I'm about to create.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse2 » 04 Mar 2017, 02:02

Awesome news about commander. Thanks, Xander!

Do you know how to specify the commander for an AI opponent?
Splinterverse2

Postby Xander9009 » 04 Mar 2017, 02:45

Harness the Storm and Chandra, Torch of Defiance should be working now. Neo's functions had a minor bug that caused any excess cost-reduction to become cost-addition. For instance, consider the following scenario.
Graveyard: Increasing Vengeance
Battlefield: Harness the Storm, Ruby Medallion, 5 mountains
Hand: Increasing Vengeance, Engulfing Flames
Casting Engulfing Flames, and then responding by casting Increasing Vengeance costs 3 mana. There is no colorless mana in the cost of these to be altered, so the Ruby Medallion does nothing. But you will not be able to cast the Increasing Vengeance from your graveyard via Harness the Storm. This is because the storm uses a function to get the cost of the graveyard copy, and that function return {1} {R} {R}. It returns this because what it tries to return is two red mana and a colorless cost of "-1". But the game ignores the negative, makes it positive, and returns {1} {R} {R}. Very easy fix, but one of those bugs that's really hard to track down. Anyway, this should be working now.

Both were also missing the code needed to create the active abilities manager so the function mentioned above can tell if a given cost-altering card's abilities are currently running. This might have been why Chandra didn't work before.

----

@Splinterverse, not very well, necessarily, but one method might be to go to the commander you think it should choose and alter its score. Give it a static ability while in the hand or the library to increase its score by 1000 or so. Restrict it so it's only valid during the upkeep of turn 0. Depending on how the AI considers the zone-change, the score of the one you want to be chosen may need to be decreased by 1000 instead of increased. In most situations, this would have no effect on the game other than during this decision, so it won't hurt to put it on a card even though the card is used elsewhere.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 04 Mar 2017, 11:07

Xander9009 wrote:@Splinterverse, not very well, necessarily, but one method might be to go to the commander you think it should choose and alter its score. Give it a static ability while in the hand or the library to increase its score by 1000 or so. Restrict it so it's only valid during the upkeep of turn 0. Depending on how the AI considers the zone-change, the score of the one you want to be chosen may need to be decreased by 1000 instead of increased. In most situations, this would have no effect on the game other than during this decision, so it won't hurt to put it on a card even though the card is used elsewhere.
I will take a look at that. I'm also wondering if I could make a copy of the Manager with the copy having a different file name. Then, in the part of that file that handles selection of the commander, I could add a check to see if the player is AI or not. If the player is, the code could be written to pick a card by name. I guess that would really work for either human or AI because, partner aside, each deck should only have one commander, so you could have it auto-select at start with a custom manager.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 04 Mar 2017, 13:22

Splinterverse wrote:
Xander9009 wrote:@Splinterverse, not very well, necessarily, but one method might be to go to the commander you think it should choose and alter its score. Give it a static ability while in the hand or the library to increase its score by 1000 or so. Restrict it so it's only valid during the upkeep of turn 0. Depending on how the AI considers the zone-change, the score of the one you want to be chosen may need to be decreased by 1000 instead of increased. In most situations, this would have no effect on the game other than during this decision, so it won't hurt to put it on a card even though the card is used elsewhere.
I will take a look at that. I'm also wondering if I could make a copy of the Manager with the copy having a different file name. Then, in the part of that file that handles selection of the commander, I could add a check to see if the player is AI or not. If the player is, the code could be written to pick a card by name. I guess that would really work for either human or AI because, partner aside, each deck should only have one commander, so you could have it auto-select at start with a custom manager.
Making a copy of the card would work, but it would also not generally be a good idea. It would lead to having lots of them, making identifying and fixing bugs really difficult. I'm going to move the rest of my response to the EDH thread, but I've got a couple of ideas.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 05 Mar 2017, 11:31

A couple of AI-specific issues I've noticed recently:

Hydrolash -- AI is casting it on it's own turn (rather than an opponent's). It may also not be casting it during the attack phase.

Scale Blessing -- AI is casting this when it doesn't control any creatures.

Ordeal of Thassa -- AI cast this on a card with Defender so it couldn't attack and gain the benefit. (Although I'm not sure there is a way around this as there are ways to remove Defender.)

Everflowing Chalice -- AI never kicks this, so it has no value.

Astral Cornucopia -- AI seems to always cast this with 0 for X, so the card has no value.

Pact of Negation (and other 0 cost Pact cards) -- AI is not paying the next turn cost when it has the mana. Here's an example of what happened to me. I was playing a 2HG game with an AI teammate. We were at 21 life to the opposing team's 7. My AI partner cast Pact of Negation on their turn. On our turn, even though the AI had the mana available, the AI chose not to pay the cost and we lost.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Splinterverse » 05 Mar 2017, 14:05

Bug report:

Code: Select all
[lua] [string "BLINKMOTH_URN_MM_CW_46714_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x0000052f"]:3: attempt to call global 'CW_Mana_RegisterManager' (a nil value)
[lua] [string "_MANAGER_MANA_TITLE (FILTER_CONDITION)~0x00000721"]:2: attempt to call global 'CW_Mana_IsManager' (a nil value)
[lua] [string "_MANAGER_MANA_TITLE (TRIGGER)~0x0000197a"]:2: attempt to call global 'CW_Mana_ProtectManager' (a nil value)
The errors were pretty persistent (11k lines) so I'm guessing they are firing on many cards.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 07 Mar 2017, 02:28

Blinkmoth Urn was the home of a precurser to the mana solution I ended up going with. It's broken and shouldn't be used until the offending code is removed. Honestly, it should probably just be reverted to whatever it was right before my last edits to it from the CW's archives.

That's what's causing the issues you're seeing. I'll deal with that tomorrow. Sorry, it took me until now to realize what exactly the problem was there. I thought it should theoretically still be working, but I stripped the code it needed out of the CW_MANA function file. That's the only card that uses the code, so there's nothing else to edit (except to delete the _MANAGER_MANA card if it exists.

The idea then was to have each card register the mana it can produce, and then have a manager check the cards you can cast, and find the combination of mana that allows the most cards to be cast, and in cases where there are multiple combinations that are valid for the same number of cards, go with the one that leaves the most open for the future. It's probably possible, but it proved a bit too ambitious for my attention span. I actually had it working about 75%, but the method that's currently in use should work well enough that it's not needed anyway, so putting in the huge amount of effort it required would be a bit of a waste at this point.

It did, however, have one feature I'd like to remake for any card that produces large amounts of mana: reserving mana. It doesn't add mana to your pool or remove it, but rather allows you to tell the game not to use certain mana so you can save it for something else. Say you have {3} {W} {U} {U} {B} {R} {G} in your mana pool. It would be impossible via normal means to get the game to cast Exert Influence with all five colors because it would always force you to use the colorless mana. It would even be impossible to know which color it chose to use in combination with {U} to cast the spell. With Blinkmoth Urn's ability I coded, you could tell it to ignore the {3}, or to ignore {G} and {R} if you needed to save them for something. It's the kind of thing that doesn't come up very often, but when it does, it can be pretty important to your strategy.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby tmxk2012917 » 07 Mar 2017, 04:37

Bug Report:

Elder Deep-Fiend: It could not tap anything after I selected targets
tmxk2012917

Postby Xander9009 » 07 Mar 2017, 04:42

tmxk2012917 wrote:Bug Report:

Elder Deep-Fiend: It could not tap anything after I selected targets
Fixed. My bad. I had "oTargets:Get_CardPTr(i)" instead of "oTargets:Get_CardPtr(i)". These are the joys of a case-sensitive coding language.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Finnical » 07 Mar 2017, 11:45

Phyrexian Rebirth destroys all creatures but does not create a */* artifact creature.
Finnical

Postby Splinterverse » 08 Mar 2017, 21:42

Bug report.

Got these errors today playing a 4-way Free-for-All Commander.

Was using the latest CW files and the commander manager lands.

Code: Select all
[lua] [string "BLINKMOTH_URN_MM_CW_46714_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x00000fcf"]:3: attempt to call global 'CW_Mana_RegisterManager' (a nil value)
[lua] [string "Content\Functions\CW_COMMANDER.LOL"]:329: attempt to index a nil value
[lua] [string "_MANAGER_MANA_TITLE (FILTER_CONDITION)~0x000011a3"]:2: attempt to call global 'CW_Mana_IsManager' (a nil value)
[lua] [string "_MANAGER_MANA_TITLE (TRIGGER)~0x000011a1"]:2: attempt to call global 'CW_Mana_ProtectManager' (a nil value)
[lua] [string "SELVALA_HEART_OF_THE_WILDS_CW_416827_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x00000f26"]:4: attempt to index local 'Card' (a nil value)
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

PreviousNext

Return to 2014