It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 19:46

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby addict insane » 10 Aug 2019, 09:57

By the way, regarding Fiery Islet and it's comparison to Horizon Canopy, I'm almost certain Horizon Canopy had to be made a Manual Mana card for it to work properly. At least I always use the MM version because if there's still another one it was just as buggy for me.

So making a Manual Mana Version of Fiery Islet will most likely fix the issue. Same with all the Horizon lands that can be sacrificed for a card.

EDIT: Also, if anyone wants to playtest Mystic Forge, it's slowing down my gameplay in its MUD deck for me down to making it almost impossible to play.

However, the bug where it didn{t let you play cards from the top of your deck has successfully been fixed.
addict insane

Postby Splinterverse » 10 Aug 2019, 12:55

DamSF wrote:Got these when playing with Risen Reef:
Code: Select all
[lua] [string "RISEN_REEF_CW_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x00000670"]:5:
call parameter mismatch - too many or too few a parameter count declared, method Protect_CardPtr in class __DataChest
[lua] [string "RISEN_REEF_CW_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x00000671"]:9: attempt to index local 'card' (a nil value)
This has been fixed and uploaded but not tested.
DamSF wrote:There's a bug with Vraska, Swarm's Eminence where her -2 ability doesn't produce the Assassin token, but still removes the two loyalty counters.
This has been fixed and uploaded but not tested.
DamSF wrote:
[lua] [string "ZEGANA_UTOPIAN_SPEAKER_CW_TITLE (AVAILABILITY)~0x00001341"]:2: attempt to index a nil value
[lua] [string "INCUBATION_DRUID_CW_TITLE (AVAILABILITY)~0x00000312"]:2: attempt to index a nil value
It seems that Zegana, Utopian Speaker and Incubation Druid can't activate their Adapt abilities, Growth-Chamber Guardian worked fine though.
There are issues with all of the Adapt cards. I've tried fixing it, but testing showed that there are still issues. I've added the issue to this thread in the hopes that another modder will be able to fix it.
DamSF wrote:
[lua] [string "GROWTHCHAMBER_GUARDIAN_CW_457272_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x000005c9"]:4:
call parameter mismatch - too many or too few a parameter count declared, method PutInHand in class __Object
This one had a separate issue (from the Adapt ones described above). I have fixed and uploaded it, but not tested it.
DamSF wrote:[lua] [string "WILD_ONSLAUGHT_CW_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x00000641"]:3: unexpected symbol near 'if'
[/code]
I have fixed and uploaded it, but not tested it.
DamSF wrote:Also, I always get this error when playing Overflowing Counters:
[lua] ?:0: attempt to index a nil value
If you're playing with Adapt cards, you'll get this error until we get Adapt fixed. It has to do with attempting to use the CountCounters() function and nothing being present to count. (In the case of Adapt, for some cards, the code is trying to use that function in an availability block, which is not working for +1/+1 counters.) If you see any issues with the functionality of the Overflowing Counters card itself though, please let us know.

Thanks for reporting these issues. We appreciate it!!!
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby Dnt312 » 10 Aug 2019, 14:36

Here are some bugs I found when playing with the new cards:

Severed Strands: There sacrifice part doesn't work.
Hanged Executioner: Its exile effect happens instantly, skipping the targeting part; there's no time to respond.
Thrashing Brontodon: Can't activate its sacrifice effect.
Kraul Harpooner: Its undergrowth effect doesn't work. No +X?+0 boost, and the creature doesn't fight after choosing target.
Necrotic Wound: Instead getting -X/-X, target creature gets +X/+X.
Izoni, Thousand-Eyed: Doesn't create Insect tokens when entering the battlefield.
Combine Guildmage: Her first effect doesn't work.
Hydroid Krasis: The life gaining and cards drawing effect doesn't work.
Rix Maadi Reveler: When cast it with the spectacle cost, it doesn't draw three cards, just discard one then draw one.
Tin Street Dodger: Its second effect doesn't work.
Seal Away: Doesn't have flash.
Divine Visitation: When sacrificing a Treasure token for mana, there's no mana added to the mana pool, and an Angel token is created instead.

Many other cards missing their arts: Arch of Orazca, Blooming Marsh, Arachnogenesis, Vraska, Golgari Queen, Assault Formation, Botanical Sanctum, Angelsong, Ajani, Strength of the Pride, Anointed Procession, Archway Angel, Bioessence Hydra, Blood Crypt, Azor's Gateway.
Dnt312

Postby addict insane » 11 Aug 2019, 01:11

Regarding what I said about Mystic Forge slowing down the game, it seems that (EDIT) Mishra's Workshop is the problematic card.

Not only does it slow down the game, but for some reason the mana just disappears when attempting to cast several spells with it.

Vivien's Arkbow isn't working.
addict insane

Postby Splinterverse » 11 Aug 2019, 13:39

Dnt312 wrote:Severed Strands: There sacrifice part doesn't work.
Hanged Executioner: Its exile effect happens instantly, skipping the targeting part; there's no time to respond.
Thrashing Brontodon: Can't activate its sacrifice effect.
Rix Maadi Reveler: When cast it with the spectacle cost, it doesn't draw three cards, just discard one then draw one.
Divine Visitation: When sacrificing a Treasure token for mana, there's no mana added to the mana pool, and an Angel token is created instead.
I am unable to fix these. I have added them to this thread in the hopes that another modder will be able to.

Dnt312 wrote:Kraul Harpooner: Its undergrowth effect doesn't work. No +X?+0 boost, and the creature doesn't fight after choosing target.
Necrotic Wound: Instead getting -X/-X, target creature gets +X/+X.
Izoni, Thousand-Eyed: Doesn't create Insect tokens when entering the battlefield.
Combine Guildmage: Her first effect doesn't work.
Hydroid Krasis: The life gaining and cards drawing effect doesn't work.
Tin Street Dodger: Its second effect doesn't work.
Seal Away: Doesn't have flash.
These have been fixed and uploaded, but not tested. They should appear in the next CW repack.

I suspect you need to update your art files. They repack occasionally (last being on July 24). We're up to 30 files (29 numbered ones plus the UPDATE one). Any time you see a lot of missing art, it probably means you need to update. I say this because in searching the loose files, I see the art you reference in there.

Thanks for reporting these bugs. We appreciate it!
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Splinterverse » 11 Aug 2019, 14:04

addict insane wrote:By the way, regarding Fiery Islet and it's comparison to Horizon Canopy, I'm almost certain Horizon Canopy had to be made a Manual Mana card for it to work properly. At least I always use the MM version because if there's still another one it was just as buggy for me. So making a Manual Mana Version of Fiery Islet will most likely fix the issue. Same with all the Horizon lands that can be sacrificed for a card.
I have made and uploaded (but not tested) manual mana versions of all of these lands.
addict insane wrote:Mishra's Workshop is the problematic card. Not only does it slow down the game, but for some reason the mana just disappears when attempting to cast several spells with it.
Vivien's Arkbow isn't working.
I'm unable to fix these. I've added these to this thread in the hopes that another modder can fix the problems.

Thanks for reporting these!
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Milosz006 » 11 Aug 2019, 21:12

Just found this thread, couple questions:

can I play with these new custom cards online?

are any of the other versions of DOTP modded or is this the best one?
Milosz006

Postby addict insane » 11 Aug 2019, 23:41

Milosz006 wrote:Just found this thread, couple questions:

can I play with these new custom cards online?

are any of the other versions of DOTP modded or is this the best one?
Milosz (It's pronounced Meelosh, right?), I think this is by far the best version which has the most updates and bug fixes. It may be the only one that's modded, but I don't know for sure.

To my understanding, you can only play online with a friend who has the exact same version of the modded DOTP and I think the exact same custom decks created. Xander explains all of this way better than me. You can go to the first page of this thread, go to Xander's signature (he's like the father of all this), and in the community wad website I believe you should find instructions for modding different instances of the game so more people can play.

Splinterverse, as always, thanks a lot. It's ok if you can't fix the last two cards, but I was wondering if you would be able to replicate the Mishra's Workshop bug, since it's a land I only use in a very specific Vintage MUD deck. Were you actually able to replicate that bug? It's strange because about a year ago that land worked perfectly.
addict insane

Postby RiiakShiNal » 12 Aug 2019, 10:26

addict insane wrote:
Milosz006 wrote:are any of the other versions of DOTP modded or is this the best one?
Milosz (It's pronounced Meelosh, right?), I think this is by far the best version which has the most updates and bug fixes. It may be the only one that's modded, but I don't know for sure.
DotP 2014 has been the most extensively modded and is probably the best one to stick with if you are looking for a modded game.

Though we have been successful modding most of the DotP versions each has its own pros and cons. DotP 2010 is easily modable and has the benefits of saving all deck configurations (so you can continue to use the in-game deck editor). DotP 2012 can also be modded (though I haven't personally modded this version). DotP 2013 received quite a bit of love when it came to modding and was the first version I wrote the Deck Builder for. DotP 2015 is considerably more difficult to mod and as such has not been extensively modded. Duels came out shortly after we figured out how to mod 2015 and works pretty much the same so most people trying to mod 2015 instead moved to Duels though 2015 and Duels are lacking the simplified tool set that 2013 and 2014 have.

addict insane wrote:
Milosz006 wrote:can I play with these new custom cards online?
To my understanding, you can only play online with a friend who has the exact same version of the modded DOTP and I think the exact same custom decks created. Xander explains all of this way better than me. You can go to the first page of this thread, go to Xander's signature (he's like the father of all this), and in the community wad website I believe you should find instructions for modding different instances of the game so more people can play.
You can play online with mods, but all players in a match must have exactly the same WADs (must even be the same version of the WADs) else the game will crash. WADs includes all of the base game WADs along with all mods (including decks). Even then there have been problems reported if using a full mod set (possibly the WADs have gotten too large for the game's netcode to handle) so it is often better to play with a minimal set of WADs for online play. Also you can only play private matches with specifically invited people, trying to use matching or playing against random players will cause crashes. This also includes decks you make for yourself (they must be shared with the other players in the match or you can cause crashes).

Even when everything is set up perfectly there can still be problems with online play because the netcode used by DotP is pretty brittle and does not handle mods well at all.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 12 Aug 2019, 10:55

addict insane wrote:I was wondering if you would be able to replicate the Mishra's Workshop bug, since it's a land I only use in a very specific Vintage MUD deck. Were you actually able to replicate that bug? It's strange because about a year ago that land worked perfectly.
I didn't. I just looked at the code and couldn't see anything that I saw wrong or that I could fix. If you try it with a different deck and it works fine, let me know, and I can update the notes on it or remove from the list.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby addict insane » 12 Aug 2019, 15:49

Has anyone had any success getting zombies from Field Of The Dead? I'm getting nothing.

Also:
[lua] [string "ASSASSINS_TROPHY_CW_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x0000089f"]:4: attempt to index global 'controller' (a nil value)

And regarding the Mishra's Workshop bug, it seems to happen with more lands. It happened to me with Sliver Hive.

There's also no Manual Mana version of Rishadan Port.}

The way As Foretold is programmed doesn't work with Crashing Footfalls. You basically need to click the suspend button on the card, and there it will ask you if you want to substitute that casting cost for the 0 cost of As Foretold. However, if you're playing the deck without green mana, and you want to cast Crashing Footfalls, you'll never have the green mana to enter that prompt where you're asked to use the As Foretold ability.
addict insane

Postby DamSF » 12 Aug 2019, 23:24

I believe there's a bug with Lathliss, Dragon Queen where her triggered ability doesn't produce the token when you play a Dragon, and it shows a "CREATURE_TYPE_DRAGON" text on the screen when you play any card. She also has wrong Power and Toughness, it's set to 5/5 when it should be 6/6.

And I'm not sure if this is a bug from the Riot ability itself, but creatures with Riot given by Rhythm of the Wild doesn't receive Haste when you select it, whoever, the +1/+1 counter works perfectly.

I'm also getting this when playing Demanding Dragon:
[lua] [string "DEMANDING_DRAGON_CW_43299921_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x0000067b"]:6: attempt to index global 'Target' (a nil value)
DamSF

Postby Splinterverse » 13 Aug 2019, 11:13

addict insane wrote:Has anyone had any success getting zombies from Field Of The Dead? I'm getting nothing.
It was added to the Known Bugs/Issues list (see my signature for a link). Hopefully a modder out there can fix it.
addict insane wrote:[lua] [string "ASSASSINS_TROPHY_CW_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x0000089f"]:4: attempt to index global 'controller' (a nil value)
Fixed and uploaded, but not tested.
addict insane wrote:And regarding the Mishra's Workshop bug, it seems to happen with more lands. It happened to me with Sliver Hive.
I've added this detail to the known bugs/issues list.
addict insane wrote:There's also no Manual Mana version of Rishadan Port.
I'll try to create one on my next day off.
addict insane wrote:The way As Foretold is programmed doesn't work with Crashing Footfalls. You basically need to click the suspend button on the card, and there it will ask you if you want to substitute that casting cost for the 0 cost of As Foretold. However, if you're playing the deck without green mana, and you want to cast Crashing Footfalls, you'll never have the green mana to enter that prompt where you're asked to use the As Foretold ability.
I can't see how to fix it, so I've added it to the Known Bugs/Issues list (see my signature for a link).
DamSF wrote:I believe there's a bug with Lathliss, Dragon Queen where her triggered ability doesn't produce the token when you play a Dragon, and it shows a "CREATURE_TYPE_DRAGON" text on the screen when you play any card. She also has wrong Power and Toughness, it's set to 5/5 when it should be 6/6.
Fixed and uploaded, but not tested.
DamSF wrote:And I'm not sure if this is a bug from the Riot ability itself, but creatures with Riot given by Rhythm of the Wild doesn't receive Haste when you select it, whoever, the +1/+1 counter works perfectly.
I'm not sure either. I tried to fix Rhythm several different ways to no avail. I've added it to the Known Issues/Bugs list (see my signature for a link).
DamSF wrote:I'm also getting this when playing Demanding Dragon:
[lua] [string "DEMANDING_DRAGON_CW_43299921_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x0000067b"]:6: attempt to index global 'Target' (a nil value)
Fixed and uploaded but not tested.

Thanks as always for reporting these bugs! We appreciate it!
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby addict insane » 13 Aug 2019, 15:21

By the way, oddly enough, there doesn't seem to be an AutoTap version of Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, which I've always found strange, since it's only activated ability is to tap for one mana of only one color.

Flagstones of Trokair is similar, and opposite to Urborg, it only seems to come in the AutoTap version.

Something on Pteramander's adapt ability isn't working. I don't know if it's just the cost reduction, but in the decks you would use it I don't think I'll ever make it to 8 mana so I have no way of finding out.

I still can't find Seal Away in the CW, neither by its full name or just by looking for "Seal" and "Away" and scrolling through. Maybe it's lacking some sort of ID? I'm quite ignorant about programming.
addict insane

Postby RiiakShiNal » 14 Aug 2019, 10:03

addict insane wrote:By the way, oddly enough, there doesn't seem to be an AutoTap version of Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, which I've always found strange, since it's only activated ability is to tap for one mana of only one color.
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth has several issues in the DotP engine. If you add a basic land type to a basic land it automatically gains an auto-tap mana ability relating to the added basic land type. This would be perfectly fine except for the next issue. When a permanent has multiple auto-tap mana abilities the permanent can be used for free mana (i.e. it can produce all mana from the available mana abilities without being tapped) and thus completely breaks game balance. You can partially get around the issues by limiting to just Manual Mana (which avoids the multiple mana abilities), though basic lands could still pose problems if you continue to add the swamp basic land type (though there are complicated workarounds that could be used, it would be difficult to account for all card interactions). It has been discussed quite extensively here on the forums.

Due to the inherent issues I would not expect to ever see a working auto-tap version of Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to 2014