It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 23:09

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby CalT2410 » 15 Oct 2014, 03:37

I also think that the Rabblemaster currently in the .wad makes the game a little unstable, as I have yet to successfully swing with him without crashing the game.
CalT2410

Postby Xander9009 » 15 Oct 2014, 04:11

CalT2410 wrote:I also think that the Rabblemaster currently in the .wad makes the game a little unstable, as I have yet to successfully swing with him without crashing the game.
I just played a test game with it and it worked without a hitch. I'm not sure why yours wouldn't be working, but I've checked the code and it doesn't require any function files that you might be missing or anything of that sort. It's more likely there's another mod causing interference, perhaps something that has a manager token which triggers upon attacking? I would suggest temporarily removing your other mods and see if the problem is resolved. If you narrow it down to a single mod, I'll look into finding a workaround.

To all: Since I'm posting anyway, I'll point out that the second and third posts have been updated with a list of all of the cards included as of the time I edited them. More have been added since then, and I'll periodically update the list.

Also, the planeswalkers are now included, however, they're yet to be tested. Kiora's token was missing as well as its art, so for her token to have proper art, you'll need to update the art wad.

Finally, a new exists in the Community Wad Tools\Resources folder. Dropping one or more files onto it will remove blank lines and indent the files. It doesn't really check to see if it's an xml, and if it doesn't have xml tags, it might screw it up. The original/s is/are put into a folder called "processed" next to the file/s. However, any files in the Processed folder that match one being processed will be overwritten. Let me know if anything messes up. It accounts for:
  • normal XML tags (<...>...</...>)
  • Single-line tags (<... />)
  • comments (<![CDATA[...]]>), whether on one line or two (or more?)
  • If
  • Else(if)
  • For
  • While
  • End
  • The initial tag (<?xml...?>)
  • BeginNewMultipleChoice/AskMultipleChoiceQuestion.
Capitalization shouldn't affect it on the if, else, elseif, for, while, and end lines.

Also, I prefer that filters be indented (especially subfilters), but this does not do that yet. If something else needs added, it should be simple to add. Just let me know. It does NOT handle folders. Drop on files only. If folders are requested, I'll add the feature, but I was making it for files, so that's what it does.
Last edited by Xander9009 on 22 Jan 2015, 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby CalT2410 » 16 Oct 2014, 05:20

This is the complete card listing for the deck:
4x - Goblin Rabblemaster (GOBLIN_RABBLEMASTER_CW_383258)
4x - Rakdos Cackler (RAKDOS_CACKLER_CW_253596)
4x - Rakdos Shred-Freak (RAKDOS_SHREDFREAK_CW_253591)
4x - Foundry Street Denizen (FOUNDRY_STREET_DENIZEN_CW_366472)
4x - Launch the Fleet (LAUNCH_THE_FLEET_CW_380449)
4x - Boros Charm (BOROS_CHARM_CW_366435)
4x - Ash Zealot (ASH_ZEALOT_CW_253623)
4x - Lightning Strike (LIGHTNING_STRIKE_CW_383299)
3x - Legion Loyalist (LEGION_LOYALIST_CW_366348)
2x - Hall of Triumph (HALL_OF_TRIUMPH_CW_380431)
4x - Sacred Foundry (SACRED_FOUNDRY_MM_CW_366439)
3x - Temple of Triumph (TEMPLE_OF_TRIUMPH_MM_CW_373560)

This Wad depends on these wads to be installed for the cards used in this deck:
DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE
I went through and took out the other mods, then made a quick deck with just the community mod, and it still crashed out when I went to attack with the Rabblemaster.
CalT2410

Postby Xander9009 » 16 Oct 2014, 05:41

CalT2410 wrote:

DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE
I went through and took out the other mods, then made a quick deck with just the community mod, and it still crashed out when I went to attack with the Rabblemaster.
Just played a game with that deck and Goblin Rabblemaster performed exactly as expected. I'm sorry to say that I don't know why it wouldn't be working for you. Does the copy from volrathxp's mod work? That's where it came from.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby volrathxp » 17 Oct 2014, 02:45

Xander9009 wrote:
CalT2410 wrote:

DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE
Just played a game with that deck and Goblin Rabblemaster performed exactly as expected. I'm sorry to say that I don't know why it wouldn't be working for you. Does the copy from volrathxp's mod work? That's where it came from.
I've never experienced any crashes with Rabblemaster either.
volrathxp
volrathxp

Postby sweetLu » 17 Oct 2014, 03:20

Which version of DotP are you using? Stainless released an update fairly early on that fixed some bugs causing crashes (including cards modders made like forecast). One of the cracked versions of DotP is the vanilla version that doesn't have this update.
sweetLu

Postby Xander9009 » 17 Oct 2014, 16:21

I've created an online Excel file to track how many cards from each set are in the Community Wad. Updating it is NOT automatic, but it's a relatively simple process (I drop a folder on a file, then paste the results in the last sheet). The sheets Complete and Incomplete are not very readable, but their purpose is to track the number of cards complete, not for finding the individual cards themselves. This does NOT track multiple versions of the same card. The Community Wad has Divination, so Divination is marks as complete in every set that had Divination.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby volrathxp » 19 Oct 2014, 02:04

Bug report

When opening Deckbuilder, I get the following error with the CW installed:

Code: Select all
10/18/2014 10:00:56 PM: Log Opened.

10/18/2014 10:00:56 PM: Low: Card (TWITCH_CW_4739 (1)) in wad DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE has a FILENAME tag that does not match which will cause problems in-game: TWITCH_CW_4739

volrathxp
volrathxp

Postby Xander9009 » 19 Oct 2014, 02:36

volrathxp wrote:Bug report

When opening Deckbuilder, I get the following error with the CW installed:

Code: Select all
10/18/2014 10:00:56 PM: Log Opened.

10/18/2014 10:00:56 PM: Low: Card (TWITCH_CW_4739 (1)) in wad DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE has a FILENAME tag that does not match which will cause problems in-game: TWITCH_CW_4739

Thank you. I'd actually already noticed this and fixed it. The wad just hasn't been packed since, yet. It'll automatically repack it and upload the fixed version in awhile. :) The good news is that that's just a copy. TWITCH_CW_4739 (without the "(1)") also exists and works fine.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby drleg3nd » 19 Oct 2014, 19:29

hey Xander, I noticed you didn't put in the newest planeswalkers sorin and sarkin..its in firemind's thread but its somewhere near page 8..also Elspeth, sun champion have a different picture.
drleg3nd

Postby Xander9009 » 19 Oct 2014, 20:31

drleg3nd wrote:hey Xander, I noticed you didn't put in the newest planeswalkers sorin and sarkin..its in firemind's thread but its somewhere near page 8..also Elspeth, sun champion have a different picture.
I actually updated to that version yesterday or the day before. Those two cards are already included in the current version.

As for Elspeth, thank you. She managed to slip through the cracks as I was finishing up the updates. I've pushed the next update, so the current version she has the correct ID, and thus the correct picture.

EDIT: I've added bit to the original post explaining the version and backups.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby AngelLestat » 19 Oct 2014, 23:44

Hi xander! This month I was out due to work, but now I can see the good news, you did a GREAT job!
Amazing! I still have a lot of work left, but when I find some time I would take a look more closely to your job..

Congrants.
AngelLestat

Postby drleg3nd » 20 Oct 2014, 23:12

hey xander I am not seeing the new sarkan yet, idk if I set up auto update correctly but i'll manually dl it in a sec...also can you update pics to neo's versions ? a lot of new cards seems blurry.
drleg3nd

Postby Xander9009 » 21 Oct 2014, 00:35

drleg3nd wrote:hey xander I am not seeing the new sarkan yet, idk if I set up auto update correctly but i'll manually dl it in a sec...also can you update pics to neo's versions ? a lot of new cards seems blurry.
The auto-update version requires that the folder containing the wad be added to your google drive. I would first check if you have the wad file in your google drive folder, and if so, check if it's the current version. If it is, then the ini for the wad syncing utility is probably not setup correctly.

As for the images, they update as MTGImage.com updates, which doesn't happen until the team here releases the expansion. They're almost done with M15 (they have 3 cards left), and then they'll start work on KTK. If anyone wants to go through and rename all of the images from Neo's mod, then all they have to do is drop them into the loose art folder. The next time the core wad is updated, it'll update the art wad automatically, too. Just try to do that in large chunks. There's no reason to make the art wad repack for one or two images.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 21 Oct 2014, 01:58

Xander9009 wrote:
drleg3nd wrote:hey xander I am not seeing the new sarkan yet, idk if I set up auto update correctly but i'll manually dl it in a sec...also can you update pics to neo's versions ? a lot of new cards seems blurry.
The auto-update version requires that the folder containing the wad be added to your google drive. I would first check if you have the wad file in your google drive folder, and if so, check if it's the current version. If it is, then the ini for the wad syncing utility is probably not setup correctly.
Sorry, the thread apparently confused me. When you mentioned Sarkhan, you didn't specify which one, and I haven't been paying attention to the newest cards. I thought Sarkhan the Mad was the newest, and it's included. I managed to get the wrong file, one which wasn't in the first post, but still wasn't the right one. Not sure what I got the first time around, but it's included now. Sarkhan's token requires an update of the art file (which is much slower to upload since it's so large). THe core which is currently up should have Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker, Sorin, Solemn Visitor, the new convoke cards Neo's been working on, and the newest cards released by volrathxp. The art wad is still packing, and when it's done, it'll upload. It'll be up sometime tonight, but that will depend on when my connection is good enough for it manage. (Note, the art wad still won't include high-resolution versions of the newest cards until MTGImage updates them or someone else drops them in.)
Xander9009
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to 2014