It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 20:22

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby addict insane » 23 Apr 2018, 02:32

But if won't need to update the art, then where will you put Gisela's picture then? Or are those already in the art files?
addict insane

Postby Xander9009 » 23 Apr 2018, 02:38

The art file is already there in the main art wads, it's just not in use. We do that as a method of not needing to update the art files as often. Most of the art for cards (nearly every card in existence) is already accounted for. Just need to make the cards to go with them.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby thanosyro » 26 Apr 2018, 18:45

Tetsuko Umezawa, Fugitive ability doesn't work or is it ME again?
thanosyro

Postby addict insane » 26 Apr 2018, 21:14

Hey Xander. If you guys could code Quicksilver Fountain, why couldn't you code Contamination?

Just make every land in the game a swamp, right? Like you guys did with spreading seas

Also, There seems to be a problem with Torpor Orb. I'm consistently having all the text in my cards dissapear then a game crash when I play the Modern Torpor Orb deck.

The cards that have given me trouble are the Torpor Orb effect cards (Tocatli Honor Guard, Hushwing Gryff, Torpor Orb) and Hunted Horror and Phyrexian Dreadnought. The bug, however, only seems to happen after I cast my second creature which would interact with the Torpor Orb.

There also seem to be problems with Heartless Summoning. I'm trying the Heartless Gilrog deck, and when there are several permanents on the battlefield, the "discount" on the mana cost from Heartless Summoning seems to stop working.
addict insane

Postby Xander9009 » 27 Apr 2018, 21:21

Contamination doesn't turn them into swamps, it just changes what mana they produce, and that's why it can't be coded. Any card in the entire game that checks a land's type would fail, and that's a lot of cards to break.

Looking at Heartless Summoning, I don't see any reason it wouldn't work. Its code is surprisingly simple and straightforward, and there's not much room for in there for bugs to hide. I suspect the bug is likely from a different card interacting with it badly. When I get the chance, I'll look into these further, but they'll require checking many of the cards from the mentioned decks, and I can't do that right now.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby nivmizzet1 » 28 Apr 2018, 05:13

Whenever (but maybe not all the time; I can't recall) I use my decks Strength In Numbers or Revegetation (I think) the game crashes at the end of the duel. I get a dump file, but no log. I have no idea what could be the cause, but I'm wondering if it has something to do with playing cards from the graveyard...(EDIT: as sometimes when I do the game stutters).

EDIT: basically I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to help discover the root of the problem.
Last edited by nivmizzet1 on 29 Apr 2018, 01:43, edited 1 time in total.
nivmizzet1

Postby addict insane » 28 Apr 2018, 15:29

Xander9009 wrote:Contamination doesn't turn them into swamps, it just changes what mana they produce, and that's why it can't be coded. Any card in the entire game that checks a land's type would fail, and that's a lot of cards to break.

Looking at Heartless Summoning, I don't see any reason it wouldn't work. Its code is surprisingly simple and straightforward, and there's not much room for in there for bugs to hide. I suspect the bug is likely from a different card interacting with it badly. When I get the chance, I'll look into these further, but they'll require checking many of the cards from the mentioned decks, and I can't do that right now.
It's ok, I'm usually amazed at how fast you answer to other requests.

Would an exact list of the cards I'm using help?
addict insane

Postby Xander9009 » 29 Apr 2018, 03:32

@addict insane
Yes, that would help quite a bit. I could then put them into a test deck and see if I can reproduce the issue. I work tomorrow, but I'm off Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, so I don't don't get around to tomorrow, I should be able to within a day or so after that.

@nivmizzet1
This is probably related to tokens not being registered properly. This happens when new tokens are added to the CW_Tokens function file without being added to the cards that use that particular token. I've got a bath file ready to go which fixes this issue, but I hadn't run it since the tokens from Dominaria were added. It's running now and should hopefully fix your issue in the next version.

As for what you could have done to help discover this: it's mostly just remembering this can be an issue. I looked at the decks and noticed some cards used tokens. Unregistered tokens are the most common cause of crashes at the end of a match, so I checked some of the token-producing cards and found missing registrations. So, there's not much to do other than already know that's an issue lol.

EDIT:
Just for the record, I checked after the tool finished that it did in fact fix cards from both decks, and yes, it did, so that's probably your problem. Rampaging Baloths from one of them, and several from the other.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby nivmizzet1 » 29 Apr 2018, 14:11

Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast is buggy. Sometimes when his -6 ability is activated it's impossible to select an artifact. It presents the options and you can scroll through them, but it doesn't respond to selection. Something else weird is that there seems to be gaps as you scroll through (e.g. clicking right on the keyboard will go from having the first artifact selected to somewhere between the first and second artifact, then another click will select the second artifact). You can only cancel out of it by pressing tab, which selects nothing.
nivmizzet1

Postby Xander9009 » 30 Apr 2018, 03:36

I'll look into Daretti more tomorrow to make sure what I did earlier fixed him, but I did change something this morning that might have done the trick, I just haven't had a chance to test him.

Also, I really liked the idea of Revegetation, so I decided to try it out. I discovered it plays somewhat clunky due to Lotus Cobra's ability popping up every time I play a land, so I'm going to recode it a bit so you have the option of choosing to simply always produce a chosen color if you want. That should make that card a little more user friendly in decks where lands ETB a lot. One thing you might consider (this is just preference, so it's up to you) is to swap out the dual lands for their non-MM counterparts. The dual lands, and actually all multi-color-producing lands (at least, all of them with normal mana abilities, so not Mana Confluence), were re-coded awhile back to allow both auto-tapping and manual tapping from the same card. Just not sure if you're aware of that. (They're also coded to give the AI randomly chosen colors for auto-tapping that changes through phases, so the AI has a better chance of using them than purely MM lands.) The deck itself, however, I do really like. It's a fun one. :)
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby nivmizzet1 » 30 Apr 2018, 08:38

Xander9009 wrote:I'll look into Daretti more tomorrow to make sure what I did earlier fixed him, but I did change something this morning that might have done the trick, I just haven't had a chance to test him.

Also, I really liked the idea of Revegetation, so I decided to try it out. I discovered it plays somewhat clunky due to Lotus Cobra's ability popping up every time I play a land, so I'm going to recode it a bit so you have the option of choosing to simply always produce a chosen color if you want. That should make that card a little more user friendly in decks where lands ETB a lot. One thing you might consider (this is just preference, so it's up to you) is to swap out the dual lands for their non-MM counterparts. The dual lands, and actually all multi-color-producing lands (at least, all of them with normal mana abilities, so not Mana Confluence), were re-coded awhile back to allow both auto-tapping and manual tapping from the same card. Just not sure if you're aware of that. (They're also coded to give the AI randomly chosen colors for auto-tapping that changes through phases, so the AI has a better chance of using them than purely MM lands.) The deck itself, however, I do really like. It's a fun one. :)
Funny that you like Revegetation; in my description of the deck I mention that I actually got inspiration for this deck from your deck Titania, Protector of the Loam; although I wasn't planning to make it like that when I started.

Re: the dual lands, I think you've mentioned this to me a couple of times (don't worry, I'm not complaining, I appreciate your suggestions) and I tested it out in a few decks. I think I've implemented it in some, but not others -- whether I thought it was better utilised in those decks than others, or I just didn't get around to doing a mod-wide implementation, I can't remember. If it allows auto-tapping then I don't see what the problem would be having them in all my decks, unless they tap as priority and through some ill-fate it's set to the wrong colour and it's the only land that's able to produce a colour you needed after. I like the fact that it gives the AI randomly chosen colors for auto-tapping and changes through phases, which I don't think I was aware of before; it might make some more of my decks actually playable by the AI.

Your idea for Lotus Cobra sounds excellent! I can't wait to try it.
nivmizzet1

Postby Xander9009 » 30 Apr 2018, 08:44

Oops. Didn't mean to mention it more than once lol. For auto-tapping, it can occasionally take priority over other lands, bur you can also disable auto-tapping for those situations.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby addict insane » 30 Apr 2018, 13:04

Xander, the list from the Gitrog Deck Readme:

4x - The Gitrog Monster (THE_GITROG_MONSTER_CW_410010)
1x - Azusa, Lost but Seeking (AZUSA_LOST_BUT_SEEKING_CW_80283)
2x - Oracle of Mul Daya (ORACLE_OF_MUL_DAYA_348407)
2x - Ob Nixilis, the Fallen (OB_NIXILIS_THE_FALLEN_CW_192219)
4x - Ramunap Excavator (RAMUNAP_EXCAVATOR_CW)
4x - Tireless Tracker (TIRELESS_TRACKER_CW_409997)
1x - Vizier of the Menagerie (VIZIER_OF_THE_MENAGERIE_CW_426894)
3x - Wayward Swordtooth (WAYWARD_SWORDTOOTH_CW)
2x - Fatal Push (FATAL_PUSH_CW_423724)
3x - Malicious Affliction (MALICIOUS_AFFLICTION_CW)
4x - Heartless Summoning (HEARTLESS_SUMMONING_CW_244678)
1x - Edge of Autumn (EDGE_OF_AUTUMN_CW_126132)
3x - Ostracize (OSTRACIZE_CW_12980)
1x - Maelstrom Pulse (MAELSTROM_PULSE_337882)
4x - Verdant Catacombs (VERDANT_CATACOMBS_CW_193400)
4x - Windswept Heath (WINDSWEPT_HEATH_CW_386725)
3x - Horizon Canopy (HORIZON_CANOPY_MM_CW_130574)
4x - Strip Mine (STRIP_MINE_MM_CW_2380)
4x - Bayou (BAYOU_CW_879)
1x - Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth (URBORG_TOMB_OF_YAWGMOTH_MM_CW_383425)
1x - Grasping Dunes (GRASPING_DUNES_CW_426946)

Also, could we get a Manual Mana version of Karakas? There are times when you want to cast a legendary creature, yet leave Karakas untapped to protect it. At least in my case with Gisela (who costs double white) non-MM Karakas is always presented as candidate land for paying for her white mana, and pressing left CTRL doesn't remove it as an option.
addict insane

Postby nivmizzet1 » 30 Apr 2018, 14:05

I'm getting a bunch of errors from the deck builder:
Code: Select all
30/04/2018 11:33:09 PM: Log Opened.

30/04/2018 11:33:09 PM: Low: System.Xml - Unexpected XML declaration. The XML declaration must be the first node in the document, and no white space characters are allowed to appear before it. Line 90, position 13.:
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParsePI(StringBuilder piInDtdStringBuilder)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
   at RSN.DotP.CardInfo.ParseXML(String strXML)
   at RSN.DotP.CardInfo..ctor(String strFilename, String strXML, String strWad, GameDirectory gdData)
   at RSN.DotP.WadWrapper.LoadCards(FileStream fsInput, GameDirectory gdData)
Extra Information:
Unable to load card: ACORN_CATAPULT_CW_233197.xml in DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE

30/04/2018 11:33:09 PM: Low: System.Xml - Unexpected XML declaration. The XML declaration must be the first node in the document, and no white space characters are allowed to appear before it. Line 59, position 13.:
   at RSN.DotP.CardInfo..ctor(String strFilename, String strXML, String strWad, GameDirectory gdData)
Extra Information:
Unable to load card: ACORN_HARVEST_CW_29873.xml in DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE

30/04/2018 11:33:09 PM: Low: System.Xml - Unexpected XML declaration. The XML declaration must be the first node in the document, and no white space characters are allowed to appear before it. Line 113, position 13.:
Extra Information:
Unable to load card: AKROAN_HORSE_CW_373550.xml in DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE

30/04/2018 11:33:09 PM: Low: System.Xml - Unexpected XML declaration. The XML declaration must be the first node in the document, and no white space characters are allowed to appear before it. Line 114, position 13.:
Extra Information:
Unable to load card: ALLIANCE_OF_ARMS_CW_228218.xml in DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE

30/04/2018 11:33:10 PM: Low: System.Xml - Unexpected XML declaration. The XML declaration must be the first node in the document, and no white space characters are allowed to appear before it. Line 116, position 13.:
Extra Information:
Unable to load card: ARCHDEMON_OF_UNX_CW_174847.xml in DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE

30/04/2018 11:33:10 PM: Low: System.Xml - Unexpected XML declaration. The XML declaration must be the first node in the document, and no white space characters are allowed to appear before it. Line 157, position 13.:
Extra Information:
Unable to load card: ARYEL_KNIGHT_OF_WINDGRACE_CW.xml in DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE

30/04/2018 11:33:10 PM: Low: System.Xml - Unexpected XML declaration. The XML declaration must be the first node in the document, and no white space characters are allowed to appear before it. Line 69, position 13.:
Extra Information:
Unable to load card: ATTENDED_KNIGHT_CW_265723.xml in DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE

30/04/2018 11:33:10 PM: Low: System.Xml - Unexpected XML declaration. The XML declaration must be the first node in the document, and no white space characters are allowed to appear before it. Line 81, position 13.:
Extra Information:
Unable to load card: BALOTH_CAGE_TRAP_CW_197531.xml in DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE

30/04/2018 11:33:10 PM: Low: System.Xml - Unexpected XML declaration. The XML declaration must be the first node in the document, and no white space characters are allowed to appear before it. Line 108, position 13.:
Extra Information:
Unable to load card: BANT_SOJOURNERS_CW_188963.xml in DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE

30/04/2018 11:33:10 PM: Low: System.Xml - Unexpected XML declaration. The XML declaration must be the first node in the document, and no white space characters are allowed to appear before it. Line 73, position 13.:
Extra Information:
Unable to load card: BEETLEBACK_CHIEF_CW_382862.xml in DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE

30/04/2018 11:33:10 PM: Low: System.Xml - Unexpected XML declaration. The XML declaration must be the first node in the document, and no white space characters are allowed to appear before it. Line 186, position 13.:
Extra Information:
Unable to load card: BENALISH_COMMANDER_CW_122408.xml in DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE

30/04/2018 11:33:29 PM: Low: Can't find referenced card: ATTENDED_KNIGHT_CW_265723 for deck D14_131408_SOUL_SISTERS in Data_Decks_131408_SOUL_SISTERS

30/04/2018 11:33:29 PM: Low: Can't find referenced card: ATTENDED_KNIGHT_CW_265723 for deck D14_131408_SOUL_SISTERS in Data_Decks_131408_SOUL_SISTERS

EDIT: and there are still decks in the "Add Decks Here" folder that I put there in March.

EDIT: and FYI Xander, I just made some changes to Revegetation in an attempt to make is less frustratingly inconsistent, in case you want to check it out again.
nivmizzet1

Postby Xander9009 » 01 May 2018, 01:27

The errors were caused by the tool I used to fix the missing token registrations. It was run twice and didn't delete the old copies before appending to them, so their text was doubled up. Fixed.

The decks added to the Add Decks Here folder weren't being monitored by the new program, so they were just sitting there ever since I switched to the new one. It's been updated to handle them, including the needed functionality to update the site. The site itself (google apps site script) still handles changing the webpages themselves, and this is still handled on a timer, since there's no other reliable way to do it without having to cobble together something from Google's sites api.
Xander9009
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to 2014