It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 10:06

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby addict insane » 02 May 2018, 00:22

Xander, I don't mean to rush you, but when I made the comment about Heartless Summoning did you see the comments about Torpor Orb effect cards giving me errors as well?

I'm just trying to make sure you actually read those when you get around to fix things
addict insane

Postby erjerjerj » 02 May 2018, 09:07

bug report:

Sporecrown Thallid gives +1/+1 to opponent's creatures.
erjerjerj

Postby Xander9009 » 02 May 2018, 10:11

Sporecrown Thallid is fixed.

I missed Tetsuko Umezawa, Fugitive before, but it's fixed now.

addict insane wrote:Xander, I don't mean to rush you, but when I made the comment about Heartless Summoning did you see the comments about Torpor Orb effect cards giving me errors as well?

I'm just trying to make sure you actually read those when you get around to fix things
Yeah, I saw it. I was thinking Torpor Orb was a different card (Static Orb), so I was expecting the card to be significantly more complicated than it is, and thus I put it off. I only just realized it wasn't that card and went to have a look at it. I don't necessarily see the reason it doesn't work with those, but I do at least see a possibility. I tried adding in another block to deal with cards on the stack. I only implemented this on Torpor Orb, but if it works, then it can easily be added to the others.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby nivmizzet1 » 02 May 2018, 15:02

Xander9009 wrote:I discovered it plays somewhat clunky due to Lotus Cobra's ability popping up every time I play a land, so I'm going to recode it a bit so you have the option of choosing to simply always produce a chosen color if you want. That should make that card a little more user friendly in decks where lands ETB a lot.
Would it be possible to implement something similar for other cards, like Pili-Pala and Axebane Guardian? If so, may I request that? They would really reduce the clunkiness of a couple of other combo decks from my mod. I'm thinking Pili-Pala should be much the same (EDIT: to code as Lotus Cobra), but Axebane Guardian may be more difficult...?
nivmizzet1

Postby nivmizzet1 » 04 May 2018, 14:26

For some reason the manual mana version of Kessig Wolf Run is auto-tapping for colourless mana. I'm not sure why, but is it because of this code:
Code: Select all
   <TRIGGERED_ABILITY replacement_effect="1" active_zone="ZONE_ANY">
      <TRIGGER value="BEGINNING_OF_STEP">
         return S_ColorlessTrigger()
      </TRIGGER>
      <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
         S_ColorlessResolution()
      </RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
   </TRIGGERED_ABILITY>
Regardless, it's pretty damn annoying when the land taps for something else when you were planning to use it for its ability that turn.
nivmizzet1

Postby erjerjerj » 06 May 2018, 06:50

1. Bug report:

When I cast Metallic Mimic as the first creature, the list doesn't contain Saproling.
If I cast it when there is a Saproling on the battlefield, the list does contain Saproling.

I guess the list is implemented by taking all the creature cards sub-types from my library and from the creatures on the battlefield, and therefore it behaves like that.
In order to support Saproling it will have to process the text of non-creature cards which may be very hard/impossible - am I right?

-------------------------------------------------------------
2. General suggestion regarding impossible card list

An impossible card may has several effects, and only some of them are impossible.
The card may still be useful even when it works partially.
For example I would like to use some of the cards with Aftermath while ignoring the Aftermath part.
Maybe implementing the impossible cards partially with a message of the impossible reason on the card text is a good solution?
erjerjerj

Postby Xander9009 » 06 May 2018, 06:56

Can't process the text of cards. It would be possible to make a list of cards to consider, but the best option is to have a combination of choosing between seemingly relevant creature types and also having the ability to spell it out. A very good idea, but very hard to implement. If I get enough free time, I'll see if I can.

Actually, Aftermath is more or less possible, now. There's still a little bit of work to be done on them, and we haven't had the time to manage that, but fallenangle mostly got them working. I think it'd be best that if this was done, then the impossible section of the ability should be separated out into flavortext. This way, when you search for cards with some text in their abilities, cards with it where it can't actually be coded won't appear. We'd also need to add a tag for cards that are only partially coded and preferably a check in the deck builder's filters to show or hide them.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby fallenangle » 06 May 2018, 14:10

Yes, I'm currently working on doing all of the split cards, which should be possible, with the sole exception of the "joke" card Naughty//Nice. However, I've already sent Xander working versions of Spring//Mind, Commit//Memory, and Struggle//Survive, so the Aftermath cards can be worked out sooner if he or someone else wants to tackle them.

I apologize for the delay, but I work at a school, and this is the busiest time of the semester, so I haven't had a lot of free time or energy of late. I should finish everything by the end of June if all goes well. Although, if anyone wants to take over the coding process, I'd be more than happy to share my work on them so far.
fallenangle

Postby addict insane » 06 May 2018, 16:02

Eldrazi Temple, when tapped for 2 colorless to activate abilities of colorless Eldrazi, seems not to recognize Eldrazi Displacer as a colorless Eldrazi. It does, however, recognize it when I want to cast it from my hand and tap the temple for 2 mana to cast colorless Eldrazi.

Have you had the time to fix Torpor Orb effects yet?

EDIT: Sin Prodder's ability doesn't seem to be doing damage to the opponent when they choose to make your card go to the graveyard.

EDIT 2: Steel Leaf Champion seems to be giving his unblockability to all creatures you control instead of just him
addict insane

Postby Xander9009 » 08 May 2018, 05:18

Eldrazi Temple: Restricted mana cannot be used for abilities. The game's engine simply doesn't provide the necessary triggers to work with abilities like it does for casting cards. This is an issue with all restricted mana cards. Neo and I tried to work around it way back when he first decided to tackle restricted mana, but we never found a way.

Torpor Orb: I mentioned in my May 2nd post that I tried something with Torpor Orb that may fix the issue, but it needs tested. I didn't have time before to test it. I should be able to test it today.

I looked at Sin Prodder, but it's not obvious what's wrong, so it'll take some testing.

Split cards: I thought I'd added those three to the CW already, but apparently I didn't. Now they're in there. And yeah, if anyone's up for it, Commit//Memory is commented pretty well and is a good template.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby nivmizzet1 » 08 May 2018, 14:30

I changed some files in the DOTP directory (replaced modded base DLC and expansion deck wads with the original wads, deleted some deck wads) and now there's a problem with my planeswalkers; I can now activate their ability twice, and I'm getting the following log:
Code: Select all
[lua] [string "_MANAGER_PLANESWALKERS_TITLE (CONTINUOUS_ACTION)~0x00000501"]:3:
 parameter mismatch or too few parameters [expected bzS32]
Any idea what could be causing this? None of the changes I made should affect the planeswalkers that I can think of. The only other thing is that I updated to the latest CW wad; could the problem be in that?
nivmizzet1

Postby addict insane » 08 May 2018, 16:59

Warkite Marauder has no power nor toughness. Comes as a 0/0 when you cast him, and obviously dies.

EDIT: also, where are you guys discussing the decks that you upload into the community wad site? Or should I just PM the guy?

EDIT 2: I manually updated the Wad, just the Core, and now the Deck builder is giving me a .NET framework unhandled exception error when I try to open it. Is there anything else I need to update?

EDIT 3: I've managed to get the game to consistently crash with Torpor Orb effects. When you have two Torpor Orb effects from two permanents already on the battlefield, and the next creature hits the battlefield, my game either crashes or the ability text disappears.
addict insane

Postby Xander9009 » 09 May 2018, 07:55

@nivmizzet1: That's not your fault. I just added in a new constant to allow Oath of Teferi to work and it must be bugged. I didn't have a chance to test the new cards I'd coded, I was planning to do that today.

Warkite Marauder is fixed.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby nivmizzet1 » 09 May 2018, 13:43

Xander9009 wrote:@nivmizzet1: That's not your fault. I just added in a new constant to allow Oath of Teferi to work and it must be bugged. I didn't have a chance to test the new cards I'd coded, I was planning to do that today.
not sure if it was meant to be fixed yet, but planeswalker abilities can still be activated twice.

EDIT: I have the most recent CW WAD
nivmizzet1

Postby loookaz » 09 May 2018, 15:59

I just wanted to report that in the current version of the core wad planeswalkers abilities can be used multiple times a turn.

thank you so much for all the hard work and the amazing cards you coded, guys:)
loookaz

PreviousNext

Return to 2014