It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:35

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby loookaz » 09 May 2018, 17:50

also Firesong and Sunspeaker is coded incorrectly as its second ability (3 damage) triggers also from static triggers (not instants and sorceries only)
loookaz

Postby addict insane » 10 May 2018, 08:45

Tribal Forcemage has no ability text regarding what happens when it is turned face up. Haven't tested it to see if the ability works, but in the deck builder its ability text is just his morph ability
addict insane

Postby loookaz » 10 May 2018, 15:00

Blessed Alliance escalate ability doesn't work (you can only choose one mode, even if you have the mana to pay the escalate cost)
loookaz

Postby Xander9009 » 11 May 2018, 03:43

Planeswalkers' abilities should be usable once per turn now.

Firesong and Sunspeaker is hopefully fixed.

Tribal Forcemage does have the code, it's just that it's only granted when relevant. I've corrected this so it functions the same but shows the text all the time like it should.

Blessed Alliance works fine on my end. The issue might be the fact that the Escalate ability isn't automatic. You have to zoom into the card and select the escalate ability in order to select more than one. This is simply unavoidable because the engine doesn't support changing a card's cost after it's already been selected to be played.

I've also tested the following:
Tetsuko Umezawa, Fugitive
Heartless Summoning
Sporecrown Thallid
Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast
Hallowed Moonlight
Sin Prodder - Damage function had target and amount swapped.
Kessig Wolf Run (MM) - I was never able to get it to auto-tap.
Firesong and Sunspeaker

@addict insane: Decks can be discussed either in the CW Decks thread: viewtopic.php?f=109&t=16703
I'd also suggest checking if the maker has their own thread (NivMizzet1 and I both have dedicated threads). Discord may also be a good option if they're on there.

Also, I've got an idea for how we can code cards that add basic land types and alter mana production.
  • Set up a fake characteristic for each basic land type.
  • Every card that checks/counts basic lands/basic land types would need to iterate through the normal ones and also the fake ones.
  • Any time a basic land type is added to a card (but not when it replaces the types it already has), it adds the fake characteristic.
  • A manager token adds manual-mana abilities to all lands with the fake characteristics. (The manager is made by any card that can grant the fake characteristics.)
The result should be that cards that care about basic land types still work correctly despite the land not actually having the basic land types it should have and the land can produce mana of the land types it should have without having to actually have the land types, since that can cause a bug.

----

Edit: @addict insane: Torpor Orb, Hushwing Gryff, and Tocatli Honor Guard have all been updated to work together with any number of them on the battlefield. They will not work properly with effects that cause them to lose their abilities, and in fact, if they leave the battlefield without having their abilities, their suppression will last the rest of the game. This should be fixable in the future using continuous actions, but for whatever reason, they simply refused to work right now, and I gave up trying to force them to after about 2.5 hours of fiddling with them. So, they're working now except in cases where they lose their abilities. (This will include if they become a copy of something else.)
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby nivmizzet1 » 11 May 2018, 14:48

I just used the card isolator for the first time and I ended up with some missing art, despite these cards having art when I play with the full CW WAD:
Code: Select all
"CardName" - "AnimArtID"
"EMRAKUL_THE_AEONS_TORN_CW_193452.xml" - "EMRAKUL_KINOKONOKAMISAMA.bik"
"EPHARA_GOD_OF_THE_POLIS_CW_378517.xml" - "Ephara.bik"
"TOKEN_ANGEL_C_4_4_W_F_CW_8.xml" - "TOKEN_ANGEL_C_4_4_W_F_CW_8"
"TOKEN_SPIRIT_C_1_1_W_F_CW_7.xml" - "TOKEN_SPIRIT_C_1_1_W_F_CW_7"
"TOKEN_WOLF_C_2_2_G_CW_7.xml" - "TOKEN_WOLF_C_2_2_G_CW_7"
"XENAGOS_GOD_OF_REVELS_CW_378528.xml" - "Xenagos.bik"
Is this common? Can anything be done about it?
nivmizzet1

Postby Xander9009 » 11 May 2018, 15:21

I'd say try a shorter file path first, but it may be an issue with the isolator not properly handling animated art. I'll check into it when I can. Keep in mind that if needed, you can add that art manually in the mean-time. Just unpack the lite version using gibbed tools, drop the relevant animated art files (google drive's loose art files will have them) into their proper location, and repack.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby nivmizzet1 » 11 May 2018, 17:50

Xander9009 wrote:I'd say try a shorter file path first, but it may be an issue with the isolator not properly handling animated art. I'll check into it when I can. Keep in mind that if needed, you can add that art manually in the mean-time. Just unpack the lite version using gibbed tools, drop the relevant animated art files (google drive's loose art files will have them) into their proper location, and repack.
The path length wasn't the problem.
nivmizzet1

Postby nivmizzet1 » 12 May 2018, 16:14

I'm using a lite wad I made for my mod, not the full CW. The game crashed (I was using my Clerics of Orzhova deck vs Avacyn's Glory) in the computers turn after a turn where I used Cavern of Souls to cast a creature (not sure if this had anything to do with it, but Cavern of Souls has always been kind of buggy if with the coloured mana ability, and it made the game lag big time when I activated it). I checked the script log and found a string of these:
Code: Select all
[lua] [string "Content\Functions\CW_SUBTYPE.LOL"]:109: table index is nil
[lua] [string "_MANAGER_CHARACTERISTICS_TITLE (CONTINUOUS_ACTION)~0x000014f3"]:2: attempt to call global 'DuelDataChest' (a nil value)
I'm not sure when they were entered in the log though.
Any ideas what could be the cause (of the crash or the log)?
nivmizzet1

Postby Xander9009 » 12 May 2018, 22:39

That's a bug that I already fixed. It should be gone in the next update. Not even sure how it managed to get into the main was, 'cause it was just what happened as part of getting the Torpor Orb type cards to work together. But that was in my custom test folder, so maybe one instance of it slipped through. I'll check tonight.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby addict insane » 14 May 2018, 00:56

Thanks for taking the time to do all of this, guys.

Flameblade Adept's Menace ability isn't working for me.

EDIT: Xander, is Siren Stormtamer impossible?
addict insane

Postby nivmizzet1 » 16 May 2018, 11:07

Xander9009 wrote:That's a bug that I already fixed. It should be gone in the next update. Not even sure how it managed to get into the main was, 'cause it was just what happened as part of getting the Torpor Orb type cards to work together. But that was in my custom test folder, so maybe one instance of it slipped through. I'll check tonight.
When is the next update due? I thought it updated daily, but it's showing that it hasn't been updated in 4 days...
nivmizzet1

Postby MasterXploder7 » 16 May 2018, 14:44

Karn, Scion of Urza

+1 is exiling both cards or the opponent is able to exile both.

Unesh, Criosphinx Sovereign

I am not sure exactly how this card works but there was at one point an issue when it triggers its ETB effect that you would only be allowed to select certain cards but not be able to choose which pile. I figure if I press cancel that it would select the other pile but either way I know for a fact there is an issue with Karn because I just updated and tested it.
"Hate is an everlasting wellspring from which it is eternally sustained." - Nirkana Revenant
MasterXploder7

Postby addict insane » 16 May 2018, 21:41

Torgaar, Famine Incarnate is not giving you the option of sacrificing creatures in order to cast it for less

Kessig Prowler is not transforming
addict insane

Postby san4wc » 18 May 2018, 14:01

When Hardened Scales is in play with Metallic Mimic (naming construct) and hangarback walker is cast with x = 1, the hangarback walker gets 4 +1/+1 counters instead of 3 +1/+1 counters.

It seems that the replacement effect of Hardened Scales is adding counters twice to the hangarback walker (triggered by the hangarback and mimic) even though it should be only once.
san4wc

Postby nivmizzet1 » 18 May 2018, 16:25

Runed Halo -- is it possible to get it to include tokens as an option in any way (even if it's just by using a cards in play strategy)?
nivmizzet1

PreviousNext

Return to 2014