Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby addict insane » 28 Jul 2019, 02:24

Voracious Hydra does not get +1/+1 counters when you pay for them
addict insane

Postby DamSF » 28 Jul 2019, 10:31

There's a bug with Dovin, Grand Arbiter where you can use his loyalty abilities as many times you want per turn, instead of just one time. And his first loyalty ability gives +2 when you use it.
I'm also getting these errors after playing a duel where I used Gateway Plaza and Spark Double:
Code: Select all
[lua] [string "GATEWAY_PLAZA_CW_457391_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x000002d7"]:4:
 parameter mismatch or too few parameters [expected bzS32]

[lua] [string "SPARK_DOUBLE_CW_TITLE (CONTINUOUS_ACTION)~0x000003db"]:4: attempt to call method 'ClearAllOfType' (a nil value)
DamSF

Postby Parabolic » 28 Jul 2019, 11:56

Will Kenrith and Rowan Kenrith would add counters on their minus abilities. Fixed and tested.

The auto-uploader seems to be broken, though.

addict insane wrote:Voracious Hydra does not get +1/+1 counters when you pay for them
Fixed and tested.

DamSF wrote:There's a bug with Dovin, Grand Arbiter where you can use his loyalty abilities as many times you want per turn, instead of just one time. And his first loyalty ability gives +2 when you use it.
I tried to mess with this one, but it's a bit over my head. I couldn't get the planeswalker timing rules to work.
Parabolic

Postby Splinterverse » 28 Jul 2019, 14:10

Parabolic wrote:Krav, the Unredeemed now targets a player, but after paying the ability costs, nothing happens (sacrificing 4 creatures gives 0 life, 0 cards, and 0 +1/+1 counters)
Fixed, but not tested. The issue was that two variables were being used to track the number of sacrifices instead of one. The one that was being stored was not the one actually being used to track the value, so it was passing 0. The card now only uses one variable.
Parabolic wrote:Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord still can't use his -X ability
I have fixed and tested this. It wasn't able to be activated because nothing could meet the target requirements because the targeting block was firing before the X selection. I switched the code to use a ChooseItem + target FireTrigger to create the same effect as a target block but the difference is . . . ChooseItem processes in sequence as opposed to always going first. The FireTrigger was included so that it would fire a trigger that the card was targeted so that if the card has any trigger on it that responds to being targeted it will fire appropriately.

Thanks Parabolic for testing, fixing cards, and reporting bugs. I appreciate it greatly.
DamSF wrote:There's a bug with Dovin, Grand Arbiter where you can use his loyalty abilities as many times you want per turn, instead of just one time. And his first loyalty ability gives +2 when you use it.
I fixed the first ability giving multiple counters. The issue was that the code for that appeared twice. I was unable to figure out why Dovin is activate-able more than once per turn. Testing reproduced the error, but I can't figure out why. I did see this on a Nissa recently as well. It too did not show any particular reason. The availability blocks on the card appear to match other working planeswalkers. I have added the issue to this thread in the hopes that another modder will be able to figure it out: viewtopic.php?f=109&t=28741
DamSF wrote:
[lua] [string "GATEWAY_PLAZA_CW_457391_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x000002d7"]:4:
I have fixed but not tested this issue.
DamSF wrote:
[lua] [string "SPARK_DOUBLE_CW_TITLE (CONTINUOUS_ACTION)~0x000003db"]:4: attempt to call method 'ClearAllOfType' (a nil value)
I'm not sure what is going on with this card. I used the Helm of the Host code to handle the legendary piece. I tried adding a test for whether the card is legendary before removing the legendary type, but that didn't work. I've added it to the thread referenced above in the hopes that another modder will be able to resolve it. Thank you DamSF for reporting these bugs. I appreciate it.

Note: All of the fixes referenced above have been uploaded. However, the auto-uploader appears to be stuck at the moment, so I am not sure when the CW will next repack. If you watch the #updates channel on our discord at https://discordapp.com/channels/2848205 ... 2911375362, you should
see the card names appear when the auto-uploader becomes unstuck. At that point, the next repack should contain the fixes
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby addict insane » 28 Jul 2019, 17:17

[lua] [string "MYSTIC_FORGE_CW_TITLE (CONTINUOUS_ACTION)~0x00000882"]:5: 'then' expected near 'local'

Mystic Forge doesn't let you cast the card it shows at the top of your library. The other two abilities seem to be working perfectly.
addict insane

Postby MasterXploder7 » 28 Jul 2019, 22:17

Bug: Elvish Reclaimer

allows you to sacrifice a land but then nothing happens.

[lua] [string "ELVISH_RECLAIMER_CW_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x00000967"]:6:
"Hate is an everlasting wellspring from which it is eternally sustained." - Nirkana Revenant
MasterXploder7

Postby Splinterverse » 28 Jul 2019, 22:34

addict insane wrote:[lua] [string "MYSTIC_FORGE_CW_TITLE (CONTINUOUS_ACTION)~0x00000882"]:5: 'then' expected near 'local'
Mystic Forge doesn't let you cast the card it shows at the top of your library. The other two abilities seem to be working perfectly.
This has been fixed and uploaded, but not tested. The auto-uploader is stuck at the moment. Once the card name appears in the #updates channel of our discord (https://discordapp.com/channels/2848205 ... 2911375362), it should appear in the next repack after that. Thank you for reporting the bug!
MasterXploder7 wrote:Bug: Elvish Reclaimer allows you to sacrifice a land but then nothing happens.
[lua] [string "ELVISH_RECLAIMER_CW_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x00000967"]:6:
This has been fixed and uploaded, but not tested. The auto-uploader is stuck at the moment. Once the card name appears in the #updates channel of our discord (https://discordapp.com/channels/2848205 ... 2911375362), it should appear in the next repack after that. Thank you for reporting this issue.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby DamSF » 29 Jul 2019, 14:20

Got this error after playing Phenax, God of Deception:
[lua] [string "PHENAX_GOD_OF_DECEPTION_CW_378524_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x000009da"]:4: attempt to index a nil value
DamSF

Postby addict insane » 29 Jul 2019, 17:17

Fiery Islet taps automatically for blue mana, and doesn't "charge" you one life.

I tried to manually tap it to cast a red spell, it charged me one life, it also tapped, but never asked me what kind of mana I wanted, so I couldn't cast anything.

Tolsimir, Friend to Wolves is not creating the Voja token creature.
addict insane

Postby Splinterverse » 31 Jul 2019, 19:15

DamSF wrote:Got this error after playing Phenax, God of Deception:
[lua] [string "PHENAX_GOD_OF_DECEPTION_CW_378524_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x000009da"]:4: attempt to index a nil value
I have fixed this and uploaded it. It won't appear in the CW until the auto-uploader is working again and then the next repack occurs.
addict insane wrote:Fiery Islet taps automatically for blue mana, and doesn't "charge" you one life. I tried to manually tap it to cast a red spell, it charged me one life, it also tapped, but never asked me what kind of mana I wanted, so I couldn't cast anything.
I couldn't see any issues with the code. It has the same code as Horizon Canopy. Maybe another modder or tester can take a look as I don't have time to test it at the moment.
addict insane wrote:Tolsimir, Friend to Wolves is not creating the Voja token creature.
This was using the wrong token. I have fixed it and uploaded it. It won't appear until the auto-uploader is running again and a repack occurs.

Thanks to both of you for reporting these issues. We appreciate it!
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Parabolic » 31 Jul 2019, 23:22

So I got kind of a general question: what do we do for the Gatherer ID for cards that simply aren't on the Gatherer?

I was looking at this set of cards from Arena: https://scryfall.com/search?q=set%3Aana ... order=name

But when trying to search up one on the Gatherer, it simply doesn't exist: https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Sear ... spx?name=+[soulhunter]
Parabolic

Postby Splinterverse » 31 Jul 2019, 23:27

Parabolic wrote:So I got kind of a general question: what do we do for the Gatherer ID for cards that simply aren't on the Gatherer?

I was looking at this set of cards from Arena: https://scryfall.com/search?q=set%3Aana ... order=name

But when trying to search up one on the Gatherer, it simply doesn't exist: https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Sear ... spx?name=+[soulhunter]
We use unused numbers. You can look for a set and find the last MID for the last card in that set and then try putting the next MID into a gatherer url. If the url works, the number is in use. If not, you can use it. You can also try plugging a random number in and see if it returns a card.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Parabolic » 01 Aug 2019, 22:23

Splinterverse wrote:We use unused numbers. You can look for a set and find the last MID for the last card in that set and then try putting the next MID into a gatherer url. If the url works, the number is in use. If not, you can use it. You can also try plugging a random number in and see if it returns a card.
I'm cooking up a spreadsheet atm to map all the multiverse IDs. If I get bored over the weekend, I might make some code to return the next available ID.

But what I'm worried about is: how do I know if the ID isn't already taken by some other card in the WAD? Someone who ran across the same problem as me?

UPDATE: I found that I could just remove the multiverse ID line and the card worked fine. So for these cards that have no ID, I'm just leaving it off.
Parabolic

Postby Splinterverse » 02 Aug 2019, 11:12

Parabolic wrote:I'm cooking up a spreadsheet atm to map all the multiverse IDs. If I get bored over the weekend, I might make some code to return the next available ID.
There is an .ahk file in my expanded copy of the CW called List MIDs.ahk (which is an Auto Hot Key file). Looking at its code (you can use a text editor to view it), it looks like it loops through the provided directory and returns all MIDs in use in that directory. I've never tried it, but it might provide the functionality that you were describing.
Parabolic wrote:But what I'm worried about is: how do I know if the ID isn't already taken by some other card in the WAD? Someone who ran across the same problem as me?
This has been an issue in the past. The game will crash if two differently named files/cards have the same MID in the same match. (I'm not sure if this also applies to decks that are loaded at launch of the game.) For some sets, such as the Ixalan block, we coded using spoilers. Since the MIDs are not known at spoiler time, we used randomly generated numbers for the MIDs. As a result, it is possible to duplicate a number that already exists unbeknownst to you. I'm more about this with tokens because it looks like some tokens may not have had their MIDs incremented, but I'm hoping to fix that soon.
Parabolic wrote:UPDATE: I found that I could just remove the multiverse ID line and the card worked fine. So for these cards that have no ID, I'm just leaving it off.
This is good news, but please check and make sure that two cards without MIDs in the game work successfully. I say this because it could be that the game is defaulting the ID for your test card to 0. Once it does that with 2 copies, it might cause issues. I hope your finding holds and that it works for multiple cards because the MIDs are a burden in some cases (such as tokens, emblems, etc.).
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Parabolic » 02 Aug 2019, 12:21

Splinterverse wrote:This is good news, but please check and make sure that two cards without MIDs in the game work successfully. I say this because it could be that the game is defaulting the ID for your test card to 0. Once it does that with 2 copies, it might cause issues. I hope your finding holds and that it works for multiple cards because the MIDs are a burden in some cases (such as tokens, emblems, etc.).
That's a good point. I coded 6 cards last night that don't have MIDs and I stuck them all in a deck and tested. Didn't run into any issues.
Parabolic

PreviousNext

Return to 2014