It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:37

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby Nick26 » 13 Feb 2021, 11:55

Hi guys, does anyone know how to code emergent ultimatum ? I tried starting from brilliant ultimatum but I failed :cry:
Nick26

Postby RiiakShiNal » 16 Feb 2021, 02:31

Nick26 wrote:Hi guys, does anyone know how to code Emergent Ultimatum ? I tried starting from Brilliant Ultimatum but I failed :cry:
The easiest way (though probably not the best experience for the user) to code it would probably be to do it in steps like this (in a single ability):
  1. Set up a filter to search for cards with only a single color and allow select up to 1 card.
  2. If a card was selected, store it in a card pointer. If no card selected then we can skip the steps up until we exile Emergent Ultimatum.
  3. Set up a filter to search for cards with only a single color excluding cards that match the card name of the card stored in the card pointer set up in step 2 and select up to 1 card.
  4. If a card was selected, store it in another card pointer. If no card selected then we can skip to shuffling the card selected in step 2 into the library then exiling Emergent Ultimatum.
  5. Set up a filter to search for cards with only a single color excluding cards that match the name of the card stored in the card pointer set up in step 2 or match the name of the card stored in the card pointer set up in step 4 and select up to 1 card.
  6. If a card was selected, store it in a third card pointer.
  7. Technically, we should exile the cards chosen up to now, but due to engine limitations it is easier to simply put them into a DC and present them to an opponent to choose one to be shuffled in (easy to select opponent if a normal duel otherwise properly selecting an opponent could be tricky in Two-Headed Giant or Free-For-All).
  8. Now protect the two card pointers that are not to be shuffled in and then exile the cards.
  9. Now we need to shuffle the Library (the one card chosen to be shuffled is still in the library so don't need to do anything more with it).
  10. Now we would take the remaining two cards and present them to the caster to choose which one to cast (or none if they choose).
  11. If a card was chosen then cast it for free. If no card chosen then skip to exiling Emergent Ultimatum.
  12. Now present the last card to the caster and ask if they want to cast it (they can choose not to cast it).
  13. If the card was chosen then cast it for free.
  14. Exile Emergent Ultimatum.

Granted, I did not get into the nitty-gritty of how to code each step and there are other ways to code it, but they could get more complicated.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Nick26 » 16 Feb 2021, 08:13

Thanks, I am gonna try that! If it works I'll post the code
Nick26

Postby thumpalump » 22 Feb 2021, 01:39

I just wanted to let you guys know you're doing God's work over here. I played DotP 2014 when it released (even DotP 2012) and downloaded the WAD for 2014 a little over a year ago. It's almost the perfect mix for Magic. It has a good looking UI to play the game in, a simple AI to play against, 2HG mode and no need to dump money in to collect the cards. I thought the project had gone dark after the tragedy of what happened to the OG of this place. But I was stoked to find out people are still adding cards to the database. I've been thinking of dabbling in making cards myself and hopefully contributing to the library. Is there any info you guys can give about how to get started creating mods/cards for the WAD?
thumpalump

Postby Nick26 » 28 Feb 2021, 19:30

thumpalump wrote:I just wanted to let you guys know you're doing God's work over here. I played DotP 2014 when it released (even DotP 2012) and downloaded the WAD for 2014 a little over a year ago. It's almost the perfect mix for Magic. It has a good looking UI to play the game in, a simple AI to play against, 2HG mode and no need to dump money in to collect the cards. I thought the project had gone dark after the tragedy of what happened to the OG of this place. But I was stoked to find out people are still adding cards to the database. I've been thinking of dabbling in making cards myself and hopefully contributing to the library. Is there any info you guys can give about how to get started creating mods/cards for the WAD?
I am not really good at modding, I know very little about it, so when I want to code a card I look for similar ones and I do some kind of copy/past and rearrange. For example, for Dream Trawler: I started from prognostic sphinx that has the same activated ability, then for the triggered ability I just took a creature with an attacking trigger and then I changed the "resolution time action" part.

I know it's not much but it's definitely better than starting from scratch :)
Nick26

Postby thumpalump » 05 Mar 2021, 03:27

That makes a lot of sense. I taught myself how to mod Torchlight 2 by doing the exact same thing. How do you open up the files in the first place to modify them? Is it done through a simple text program? Or is something more complex like IntelliJ with a coding language? Can you share how to open up the files in order to modify them?
thumpalump

Postby RiiakShiNal » 15 Mar 2021, 10:47

In addition to this forum there is also a Wiki which contains a fair amount of information in a bit more digestible form.

The wiki even has a Modding Tutorial specifically for DotP 2014.

A primer on Coding Cards.

Using Filters and Interrogations.

Information on Cleaning Code and making code somewhat error resistant.

Some Best Practices.

Frequent Modding Mistakes.

And even a tutorial on making Animated Card Images.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Siber1an » 23 May 2021, 12:37

Hey, guys! Many thanks for everything that was created before! Tell me, please, work on Community Wad has been discontinued or is there a chance that someone will add new cards? I can support such work on a Patreon or transfer to a bank card for example $25 per 1 set.

Also I can support for adding new features in Deck Builder like a displaying Mana Curve and creation of user friendly Card Builder for players who have no skills in programming and modding. Hope someone will interested in this.
Siber1an

Postby Zambooo » 25 May 2021, 21:37

Siber1an wrote:Hey, guys! Many thanks for everything that was created before! Tell me, please, work on Community Wad has been discontinued or is there a chance that someone will add new cards? I can support such work on a Patreon or transfer to a bank card for example $25 per 1 set.

Also I can support for adding new features in Deck Builder like a displaying Mana Curve and creation of user friendly Card Builder for players who have no skills in programming and modding. Hope someone will interested in this.
I can't say that it has been discontinued, but the number of programmers currently working on it is practically zero.
Also, there is no Patreon since, as the name suggests, it is a community driven project.
Zambooo

Postby HeliosBlaze » 26 May 2021, 00:16

I have coded like a 100 new cards, most of them from Throne of Eldraine, but I started a new school trimester and my time is very limited I will probably upload those if I find some free time, after the trimester ends. Like around the middle of august. Since I want to test them before I upload them.
HeliosBlaze

Postby Siber1an » 26 May 2021, 18:57

Hi, guys. Thanks for answers and clarifications. Hope one day the magic programmers come back to us. The work that was done is truly incredible. I just want you to know that I sincerely appreciate everyone who helped with something for Community Wad. Time spent in this game and with Deck Builder was amazing!

HeliosBlaze, I wish you good luck at school! Be strong and smart :D
Siber1an

Postby Solrenim » 23 Oct 2021, 15:33

Hello everyone, how to download community wad, links are not available, please tell me(
Solrenim

Postby lamdax » 01 Nov 2021, 22:18

Most of the Google Drive links has restricted access, is there a way to get a working link?
lamdax

Postby MasterXploder7 » 08 Nov 2021, 21:50

I'd just like to bump that request to see if we could get a working link, especially for people like me who aren't in the discord. It would be appreciated.
"Hate is an everlasting wellspring from which it is eternally sustained." - Nirkana Revenant
MasterXploder7

Postby Siber1an » 10 Nov 2021, 03:32

MasterXploder7 wrote:I'd just like to bump that request to see if we could get a working link, especially for people like me who aren't in the discord. It would be appreciated.
Hi! I have repacks Magic 2013 and 2014 with integrated Community Wad and some new decks. Hope this helps.

They can be downloaded via magnet links
Code: Select all
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:NYVQPWSU52IH6XGHXOPXJJL5RRV6WUQ4
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:BCNRHGBUVX6FG72VN4EHU2FNFPCI2FK3
Siber1an

PreviousNext

Return to 2014