It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:36

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby Xander9009 » 26 Feb 2017, 15:05

Splinterverse wrote:The deck builder error for Ferropede has been fixed and will appear in the next CW update.

Also, the Coldsnap versions of the Snow-Covered lands have also been added to the CW.
Actually, I'll have to revert this change, just for the record. I "fixed" Ferropede by adding a may tag (but I forgot the slash, and thus the error report). However, the actual correct version needed both the slash and "always_prompt" in order to work correctly (if you have "always use optional abilities" active, then it will force you to remove a counter from something, even if only relatively positive counters {good for you or bad for your opponents} exist). I actually fixed this earlier, which your recent fix overwrote. So, I reverted to that, since it should be working (and I can actually check very soon, since I noticed the missing may tag by using it in a new deck...). Sorry for the confusion.

(Only referring to reverting the Ferropede change, in case it's not obvious...)
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 26 Feb 2017, 15:06

Xander9009 wrote:
Splinterverse wrote:The deck builder error for Ferropede has been fixed and will appear in the next CW update.

Also, the Coldsnap versions of the Snow-Covered lands have also been added to the CW.
Actually, I'll have to revert this change, just for the record. I "fixed" Ferropede by adding a may tag (but I forgot the slash, and thus the error report). However, the actual correct version needed both the slash and "always_prompt" in order to work correctly (if you have "always use optional abilities" active, then it will force you to remove a counter from something, even if only relatively positive counters {good for you or bad for your opponents} exist). I actually fixed this earlier, which your recent fix overwrote. So, I reverted to that, since it should be working (and I can actually check very soon, since I noticed the missing may tag by using it in a new deck...). Sorry for the confusion.

(Only referring to reverting the Ferropede change, in case it's not obvious...)
No worries.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 27 Feb 2017, 12:24

Hey, Splinterverse, if you've got time for it, the mana functions are ready to be distributed to more cards. I just realized I actually already coded the mana functions to work for 3 colors, just not more. I added the code to Arcane Sanctum and went to "fix" the functions when I realized they were already working for it. I tested it, and it's working exactly as it should.

I've also got 4 and 5 color combinations working. I tested with Chromatic Lantern, and it seemed to work fine. That said, I don't think it'll work well with granting auto-tap mana abilities, so for the moment, the lantern only grants the manual mana ability. But its own ability, and thus the usable code for other " {T}: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool" abilities is now ready.

It's exactly the same as dual lands: paste the code and make sure the RSN_MarkCanProduceMana function is correct.

It'll fail gracefully if it can produce all five colors of mana as well as colorless. You can manually produce any color or colorless, and you can get to the auto-tap options, where you can select any options except to go back to the manual options. That one will be cut off, so going to the auto-tap options in such a scenario would force you to select one even if you don't want to, but that's very minor, not to mention rare (and you can always just choose the same auto-tap option currently in effect anyway). That said, this entire paragraph is theoretical and completely untested.

There are four things left to do.
1: Find a way to get granted mana abilities (Citanul Hierophants) to interact properly with innate mana abilities (Iron Myr).
2: Find a way to get granted mana abilities to interact properly with other granted mana abilities (2x Citanul Hierophants). Currently, there's potential for each to be set to auto-produce {G} and will produce more mana than it should be able to, I think.
3: Distribute the code to all mana producers that can have it, including single mana producers (excepts basic lands).
4: Distribute code for irregular mana cards (Azorius Chancery).

Unfortunately, I'm not initially certain how to manage any of these except for number four, e.g. how to get Azorius Chancery working. I've already done that, and I've also tested it to ensure it works with an ability like " {T}: Add {W} {U} or {B} {R} to your mana pool." That kind of ability doesn't exist, yet (as far as I know), but it might be useful for some hypothetical card like Cascade Bluffs without the {U/R} cost. (Unnecessary now, but maybe helpful for the future.)

These irregular ones are NOT the same as normal ones. They're each unique and have more that needs to be changed on each card. Most notably, they call a different function with different parameters: CW_Mana_ChooseManaOptionIrregular(...), where "..." is a list of comma-separated strings, each representing a single option. So, for the normal Azorius Chancery:
Code: Select all
CW_Mana_ChooseManaOptionIrregular("{W}{U}")
And for the fake one that can produce {W} {U} or {B} {R}:
CW_Mana_ChooseManaOptionIrregular("{W}{U}", "{B}{R}")
When asking the multiple choice question, it will always display the card the ability is on. If another card needs to be displayed for some reason, it can be included in the list of strings
CW_Mana_ChooseManaOptionIrregular(oTargetCard, "{W}{U}", "{B}{R}")
Highly unlikely to be needed anywhere, but possible.

Also, all mana combinations consisting of 5 or fewer colors (and not colorless) have text. The text for "Auto-tap for {W}." (or whatever color) is only in English, but the manual mana abilities are covered for all languages. (Of course, {1} on its own is covered, just not in combination with others.) Nearly 4,000 combinations. (I completely rewrote the mana section of Azorius Chancery, so I updated the author tag and removed the edit info since it would only cause confusion (left you as the original author, but added myself as an author as well for that card).
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse2 » 27 Feb 2017, 13:33

Cool. I am definitely up for it. I should have some time on Wednesday to start. I have lists of the mana producers so I should be able to get all of them going.

So there's no way to do auto tap for choose any color? I think some of the ones currently out there, like Birds of Paradise, default to the color of the card. I would prefer that over only manual since the AI can't use the mm.
Splinterverse2

Postby Xander9009 » 27 Feb 2017, 13:45

Splinterverse2 wrote:Cool. I am definitely up for it. I should have some time on Wednesday to start. I have lists of the mana producers so I should be able to get all of them going.

So there's no way to do auto tap for choose any color? I think some of the ones currently out there, like Birds of Paradise, default to the color of the card. I would prefer that over only manual since the AI can't use the mm.
I should clarify: Chromatic Lantern has two separate abilities. It has an innate mana producing ability, and it also has a mana producing ability that it grants to all lands you control. The innate one uses the functions I created and can do manual, and it can set auto to any color or none (to avoid auto-tapping at all if desired). The granted one that it grants to the lands is only manual. So, for example, if you have Chromatic Lanter out, then it can be set up like the recently reworked Azorius Guildgate with all of the functionality, including the random color chosen for the AI at various times in a turn. In addition, your lands will all have the manual mana ability to produce one mana of any color, which the AI has trouble with. I'm currently trying to think of a way for the granted ability to produce one mana of any color to be usable as auto-tap without doubling up with previous abilities, and thus introducing bugs.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby erjerjerj » 27 Feb 2017, 18:21

Bug report:
Nezumi Shortfang doesn't flip.

Thank you for all the bug fixes.
erjerjerj

Postby nachonal986 » 27 Feb 2017, 19:06

I detected a few bugs too:

- Cloud Key doesn't work when you select an option to cast with 1 less.

- Thermodosa, Pyrgomache, Melanippe: Doesn't work with +1/+1 when are three amazons in game.

- Bloodline Keeper: Sometimes when you wanna transform this card, just doesn't work.
nachonal986

Postby Xander9009 » 27 Feb 2017, 19:52

nachonal986 wrote:I detected a few bugs too:

- Thermodosa, Pyrgomache, Melanippe: Doesn't work with +1/+1 when are three amazons in game.

- Bloodline Keeper: Sometimes when you wanna transform this card, just doesn't work.
I'll look into Cloud Key and Bloodline Keeper when I get the chance, but the other three aren't part of the CW. They're probably from Neo's Age of Dodekatheon mod. I don't have it and have never used it, but if you post the code for the three you're having trouble with in the Dodekatheon thread, I'll look it over and see if I can fix it.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby tmxk2012917 » 27 Feb 2017, 20:55

2/27/2017 15:54:06: Low: Card (SNOWCOVERED_ISLAND_CW_184813) in wad DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE has a FILENAME tag that does not match which will cause problems in-game: SNOWCOVERED_ISLAND_CW_121130
tmxk2012917

Postby Xander9009 » 27 Feb 2017, 20:56

tmxk2012917 wrote:2/27/2017 15:54:06: Low: Card (SNOWCOVERED_ISLAND_CW_184813) in wad DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE has a FILENAME tag that does not match which will cause problems in-game: SNOWCOVERED_ISLAND_CW_121130
This was already fixed. Just hasn't been updated yet.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby tmxk2012917 » 27 Feb 2017, 20:59

2/27/2017 15:54:06: Low: Card (SNOWCOVERED_ISLAND_CW_184813) in wad DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE has a FILENAME tag that does not match which will cause problems in-game: SNOWCOVERED_ISLAND_CW_121130
tmxk2012917

Postby nachonal986 » 28 Feb 2017, 00:19

Xander9009 wrote:
nachonal986 wrote:I detected a few bugs too:

I'll look into Cloud Key and Bloodline Keeper when I get the chance, but the other three aren't part of the CW. They're probably from Neo's Age of Dodekatheon mod. I don't have it and have never used it, but if you post the code for the three you're having trouble with in the Dodekatheon thread, I'll look it over and see if I can fix it.
Thanks Xander9009!

About the amazons, are used on Decks started with A.O.D. so asume is the same name that you said it: Neo's Age of Dodekatheon mod.

Are custom cards or official??? If is official, is planned to joined into CW?
nachonal986

Postby RiiakShiNal » 28 Feb 2017, 00:40

nachonal986 wrote:About the amazons, are used on Decks started with A.O.D. so asume is the same name that you said it: Neo's Age of Dodekatheon mod.

Are custom cards or official??? If is official, is planned to joined into CW?
Age of Dodekatheon is all custom. It is what NeoAnderson imagined for a Greek themed set.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 01 Mar 2017, 14:39

I have updated all of the tri-color mana producers to make use of Xander's auto-tap code. This means that the non-MM versions of these cards should be much easier for AI players to use AND they offer more options for human players (you can choose to auto-tap or produce manual mana).

The tri-color cards updated are:
Abzan Banner
Crumbling Necropolis
Druid of the Anima
Frontier Bivouac
Jeskai Banner
Jungle Shrine
Mardu Banner
Mystic Monastery
Noble Hierarch
Nomad Outpost
Obelisk of Bant
Obelisk of Esper
Obelisk of Grixis
Obelisk of Jund
Obelisk of Naya
Opulent Palace
Rattleclaw Mystic
Sandsteppe Citadel
Savage Lands
Seaside Citadel
Sultai Banner
Temur Banner
Urborg Elf

If I have missed any, please let me know.

These will appear in the next CW update.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 01 Mar 2017, 14:59

There's now a change log. It's in the resources folder (the same folder that contains the auto upload folder). It's moved each time the CW repacks at its normal, scheduled time to the "Change Logs" subfolder and renamed to today's date. Each change is time-stamped and identified for type, but no other details are currently added. The changes from Splinterverse's post above are actually the first ones caught by it.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
The change log itself can't be linked directly to because of how it's currently being handled (it'll become a new file each day as far as Google Drive is concerned), and there's not much I can do about that.
Xander9009
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to 2014